Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    sourkebabs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello, am from Malaysia, in his 20s and just recently graduated his computer science degree. Now looking for gym to fill in the void that is my free time.

Izuffy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everyone i hope that you all doing great. My name is Yasser 23 years old from Morocco.
    I started the gym only 2 months and a week ago and it's been going great for me so far went from 63KG to 69KG currently and i'm 180cm tall
    I added some picture on mybody space you can check my profile and i wanted to ask you what do you think about my chest i mean the gap at the bottom of my chest is it so bad due to bad genetics ? and i would love to get an estimation of my bodyfat from pictures i know it's hard but does it look like 13% or more ? thank you.
    Last edited by Izuffy; 12-08-2018 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Adding my height :)

Dennisson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

Hey lads

Mostly here for accountability, i feel like i've been in a flatline for the past few months, due to not being strict enough with my mealplan.
    Hoping that joining this community will help me stay on track.

Dennisson

amandabithrow is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    cool

The_Psychedelic_Freakshow MindBodyBalance's Avatar
    MindBodyBalance is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guess i'd class as a newbie here! 5ft 5inches 20 years old, not really posted much but been pursuing a new Healthier and Fitter lifestyle for coming up to a year it will be a year on Christmas! Currently Cutting after my Clean Bulk Phase, although last december (2017) i started at 13 Stone god knows how much body fat but it was high, there was a belly a nice juicy pair of tits the lot, something needed to be done so i did it! did a pretty extensive cut down to 9 Stone then decided to Clean Bulk to gain some size as everyone was calling me too skinny (family was calling me skinny) (Friends said i was jacked) what can you do haha throughout this journey i've gone through some tough mental battles and physical ones in the gym but i have grown into a better person from them, i unfortunately gained a binge eating disorder at my leanest point and struggled with some pretty gnarly body dysmorphia as i remember when i was that lean before doing my bulk and i remember thinking i was still fat even though i had the slightest bit of fat still! if you choose to get very lean it can be a rough road is all i'm saying however i am a lot healthier now and more knowledgable as i extend my knowledge on fitness daily! you can check out essentially a progression of my first year of fitness! i'm still currently cutting and will be extending my cut past Christmas until i reach 10% body fat then lean bulking but my essential year transformation will end Christmas day so still more time to go on this cut before the absolute cut off point but these pictures give you a good idea of my progress! My routine was 7 days a week up until i started seeing a personal trainer to take my training to the next level after tons of self research, although i'd consider myself still a newbie. but she put me on a 6 day a week body builder push pull legs split which suited me to the ground because i jsut feel so much better when ive worked out it was hard having to put the rest day in funnily enough as id gotten into the everyday routine but i realise how important rest is in preventing injuries and in growing muscle in general!
    Attached Images

isark is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I'm new on the forums. I decided to make a post in order to feel accountable for my weight. I'm currently 100kg at 176cm (male) and I have decided to track calories (done it before so I'm not afraid) and cut in the gym to get down to around 80 or until I feel good in my skin. Wish me the strength of mind to persist.
    The more you sweat in times of peace, the less you bleed in war.

SuzenLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello all! New to the forum just wanted to say hi!
    I think I can, I think I can.

birdfree09 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone!
    I am 25 yo, have always been kind of chubby until about 3-4 years ago! Since then I have been skinny fat but about a year ago I started going to the gym for the first time in my life! I have been going on and off but decided to step it up about 3 months ago.
    My nightmare is having a beer belly haha But more importantly, I want to be healthy and fit, not necessarily crazy muscular but more like athletic and with signs of mass. Happy to join this forum and the community, hopefully it will help with my goals!

LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50) LuvTaLift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Once upon a time, I was big into Training and bodybuilding. My life and job drastically changed and I fell out of the fitness world. I spent a long time trying to find myself again.

I met my husband, who is also my best friend and the most amazing person I know. We have a wonderful blended family and we are also adopting a little girl. I have a job which I love and is quite fulfilling.

It is long overdue for me to find my way back to the fitness lifestyle. I want to feel healthy again and feel good about myself in general. Training leaves you feeling good and feeling like you have accomplished something. I look forward to the support system bodybuilding.com had provided for me in the past.

TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10) TringToGetThere is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hello. I is from Belarus. My age is 15.

Hello. I is from Belarus. My age is 15. I start in bodybuilding at age of 11. I start young because father and brothers are bodybuilders and they assist me. I hope to gain size. Please give opinions if you think I should cut because my friends say I have too much fat. I attach photo when I was 11 and just begin and photo of now.
    Attached Images

ElYeef is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny Fit

Hi I'm 24, 6'0" 160 lbs and trying to gain mass. I've had issues with eating in the past, so any help there would be gladly appreciated. I've been going to the gym 3x a week for almost a month and I plan to bump it up to 5x with the new year. Its mostly strength training with a little bit of cardio for now.

cleeopatra89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, all. So many years have past and I still have the mind of an athlete. I have always maintained weight by playing baseball, basketball, soccer and now martial arts.im working on my second black in a 2nd art. Im way over 40 and i cant seem to drop weight. My core is in the way when kicking, so frustrating. Sparring and competing i miss it. The last time in the ring was 5 yrs ago. Im thimking about boxing again. I think that would give me my upperbody tone. So unhappy with my body. I need my bodybuilder body back. Im hoping to get some motivation here. Im doing it alone and its not working. I do like the stairs...
    Pain is weakness leaving the body

foolinMD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm new here. My name is Morgan. I'm 27, 6' at 275lbs. I joined today specifically because my boss showed me the all-access challenge, however I've been thinking about joining since I stumbled upon a video of Jesse Shand a few weeks ago. I was already planning to do something similar to the all access challenge for myself from January 7th-March 29th so the challenge seemed ideal. I play a lot of video games and music. I work a largely sedentary job. I don't have a lot of experience with working out outside of a little crossfit in college and some guidance from YouTube. I got motivated last year to actually do something, so I joined a gym. I've seen some results from my gym experience that is mostly just some muscle detail I didn't have before but I've been admittedly inconsistent and tore a muscle twice during some of my most consistent times that set me back. I've been largely apprehensive about joining a fitness community due to being ashamed of my body, but the Jesse Shand video greatly encouraged me. Nutrition is by far my biggest weak point, however I just accomplished going 100 days without drinking anything aside from milk and water (sodas are a huge vice from me). One thing I noticed during that challenge was that I would fill the void with sweets. I'm here to work on myself, but the idea of potentially having a community behind me the way Jesse did is too alluring to pass up.

slimjimthirty is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi all,

I'm a 30yr Australian male new to the scene. I am aiming to increase my strength and put a little more bulk on my upper body over the next 6 months to a year. Any guidance or motivation you can provide would be appreciated.

I am currently 65kg, 179cm and based on some voodoo internet calculator 14% body fat. I work 5 days a week in an office, have two young kids and my partner studies – hence no time for anything. We are also on a tight budget trying to save for a house.
    I have bought some weights for use at home (10kg free weights and 20kg bar) I am hoping to make some progress using these before buying anymore equipment or a gym membership (again tight budget). I can currently get about 3 sets of 6 reps for more of the bar exercises I am doing (the most generic stuff out there) and 3 sets of ten reps for the 10kg weights. Has anyone else started with weights this low? I love cardio and can do a solid 10km rum at 10km/h without any issue.

I was considering the GOMAD diet but everywhere says if your over 30 don’t do it!!

Thanks for reading,

Jesse

growthmindset is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am a 20 year old Canadian that wants to join the Canadian armed forces and is trying to get in shape to be really good at combat training, for endurance purposes, to get a ton of women and have my body be an example to people.

SolitaryLament is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello!

Another newbie here. My name is John, I'm 34, and severely overweight/obese.

My weight currently fluctuates between 397 - 407 lbs. At my worst, I was 485 lbs.

As you can guess, I am in desperate need to lose weight. It s very easy to get into the mindset that this is what I will always be, and looking at my age and weight, this his been my mindset for a long time. I have to break that.

I ask, for those reading this, if there is any information about cardio/strength training guides for severely obese/overweight people. Going in blind makes me doubt myself and builds skepticism in what I'm doing which has always killed efforts in the past.

37 yo, Marysville WA illpinoise's Avatar
    illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Hi,

I'm 34, originally from Chicago, but residing currently in the Philippines

I go to the gym 3-5x a week, walk a lot, trying to eat clean, to get rid of my belly fat and for therapeutic purposes.

I love McDo (Mcdonalds, home away from home) and roasted chicken ($4 here for about 600 grams of lean meat, halal)

37 yo, Marysville WA illpinoise's Avatar
    illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500) illpinoise is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SolitaryLament View Post
    Hello!

Another newbie here. My name is John, I'm 34, and severely overweight/obese.

My weight currently fluctuates between 397 - 407 lbs. At my worst, I was 485 lbs.

As you can guess, I am in desperate need to lose weight. It s very easy to get into the mindset that this is what I will always be, and looking at my age and weight, this his been my mindset for a long time. I have to break that.

I ask, for those reading this, if there is any information about cardio/strength training guides for severely obese/overweight people. Going in blind makes me doubt myself and builds skepticism in what I'm doing which has always killed efforts in the past.
    How tall are you? I was 230 lbs at 5'9" a little over a year ago. I started walking everywhere (15,000 - 20,000 steps a day). I kept it simple, I used a P3D0meter to track my steps and to keep me motivated. After losing 30 lbs, I decided to add compound weight training around 2-3x a week, with a lot of walking still on my rest days.

Then I got on a high-protein diet at a 750 cal / day deficit to lose 25 more lbs. I estmiated my TDEE and counted calories.

When I started tracking I lost 18.8 lbs, as per my TDEE and calorie estimate I should've lost 18.45 lbs (pretty accurate!!)

I suggest you get a smart weigh scale that connects to your phone, weigh your food, check the labels

Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe Chloebabe
    I am 23 and I have been getting more into trying to eat healthier and learning about fitness. For me I would like to tone up a little but be able still have a feminine look and shape.

OneTrueBro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Howdy. I like to pick up heavy things and I think I'm strong. One day.
    Do it, coward.

Registered User VanillaGorillaz's Avatar
    VanillaGorillaz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im Travis, 35, 235lbs, started working out in 2010, took a little break for the last year or so but need to try to get back into it... looking forward to some good advice from the pros.

Barbelle92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys. Christina here, a 26-year-old Londoner whose goal is to soar back to the dizzying heights of peak fitness, having spent way too long in freefall! Haha

I've joined the forum in the hope of exchanging ideas with like-minded people, learning a thing or two about training methods I may never have tried before, and feeling held accountable for getting those workouts done. So it's back in the saddle for me and though I know it won't be easy, it'll be worth it - right? Let's do this!

Have a great day and I'll catch you soon x

InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100) InfiniteCurry is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hello!

I'm from Bangladesh.
    I'm 27, and overweight.
    I have been working out on/off for the last 6 years.
    My weight fluctuates between 154 - 198 lbs.
    Now I weigh 170.

I need to lose 30lbs. I have been taking my fitness regime very seriously since last September. As of today (16/02/19), it's Day 105.
    I have built the habit of working out very well. But now I am at a plateau, which I can overcome if I lose my targeted weight.
    Feel free to add me and follow my journey on my journal.
    Take care guys and Good luck on your journey
    Instagram - @shajeely
    Fitness Journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176797831

Saftmann is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hallo

Ich bin neu hier und freue mich teil der Community zu sein.

ich mag Sport und gehe gern ins gym.

MikeJMN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello my name is Mike im currently 381 pounds my goal is to get in better health for my wife and kids so I can live a more fulfilled life.

LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100) LittleRock10 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Hi ya'll. I'm really not that new here, but I've been so busy lately so it's just now again I logged in, so I will consider myself new. LOL. And the fact that I've been busy, I lose my goal working out for my abs. Well, it is my hardest part to manage my time for my work and working out for my body and health.

slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50) slimchopra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I created a separate thread with the below but no one responded, so I'm posting again here.

Hello,

As the title says I am a 35 year old male who has dealt with chronic depression pretty much my whole life. I want to use strength training to improve my energy, mood, and to build muscle.

After reading what's been posted here I picked a strength training routine and started to analyze my diet. My plan is to record what I eat and then ensure I hit the recommended macro numbers in the Cronometer app.

Is this a logical plan to achieve my goals? Thank you.

For reference I'm about 170 lbs and 6". Below is the strength training routine I've been following.

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/wo...s-workout.html

djv44unh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello all, I’m a OEF veteran who is trying to lose weight and build muscle. After my service and going to college my body is terrible and I’ve been working on that since January.

BodegaB is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always feel really awkward about these introductions, but I decided to really put everything into trying to make a change with myself and I guess I should take this as a start.

Call me Biggs. I have people who might surf this forum, so I don't really want to reveal my real name yet. I'm 6'5" and I'm guessing I'm back to around 370 lbs again, although I haven't officially weighed myself yet. I'm going to be 31 in a month and I guess I'll give my story.

My weight has changed so drastically in my life. I used to be so skinny my collar bones would poke out and I had a lot of stomach issues, but I was super active. Now later in life, I became obese. At one point, I moved to California and started working out almost religiously to try to drag myself out of the depression I was fighting at the time. At my biggest I was 370, but I started walking 4 miles a day, going to the gym and I had a lot of energy. I believe I was making progress and got down to around 335-325 range and I was super motivated to keep pushing.

Then I tore a ligament in my leg at work and became super depressed again. I got to the point where I had to move back home to the east coast because my depression had gotten so bad I was starting to fear for my life. For about a year and some change, I just stopped caring about myself and started to eat worse than I've ever eaten at any point in my life, not speaking with people I used to speak to, just letting myself waste away.

Then, I moved in with some friends I've known over a decade. I'm not entirely sure my mental health is perfect, because honestly who's is these days? But I'm starting to actually smile more now. And today I went to the gym for the first time in a year. I used to be able to run on the elliptical for 30+ mins, but I ballooned up again and could only stand to do 10 this time. But I felt good actually doing it. And I lifted a little for about a half hour.

I always did like working out, but when you're as depressed as I was, it's kind of like you're mentally in quicksand. It took me a long time to bring myself to even attempt to make any change in my life. It was a first step, but I'm glad I took it.

I went to help myself become healthy. I want to be happy with myself and my life and I don't want to be depressed anymore. So I'm going to try really, really hard. I don't really want to tell anybody I know personally because they say it's bad to tell people you know your goals. So I apologize in advance if it feels like I'm just venting, but I guess I just need to.

My goal is to hopefully get down to around 260, stop having back pain and just be the best version of myself. Life is too short to let yourself drift away, so I really want this. So any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Betty1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile Well, hello!

Hi, I'm Betty. I'm 30 years old.
    Attached Images

Page 32 of 45 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast