Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    POGeeseHoward has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys and gals!

Like to introduce myself. My handle is Pimped Out Geesehoward. Longtime lurker first time poster... A little background on me.

I'm 5'11"
    At my heaviest I weighed in at a whopping 322
    For years I've maintain a 280-285 weight

I've always been a big guy starting from junior high and up. Always had weight issues. My mother is also a big woman. Being "big" definitely runs in my family... Except on my dads side. My dad was, oddly enough, a body builder... And he was HUGE.

This isn't my first attempt at weight loss but hopefully will be my last . A few years ago, back in '12 I start a new job and felt the time was right. Dropped 60+ pounds. Was down to 235-240. Got bored and just stopped the working out... shortly after my mom passed. People say a death can make you gain weight... Nah. Not true in my case. But the food from the wake stopped my habitual healthy eating and started a path to fast food. Needless to say a few years later weights back with a vengeance.... And heavier before. 304... I always told myself if I was ever over 300 I'd do something about it... I tried again for a few weeks very unsuccessfully. The weight kept coming until I stepped on the scale and saw 322.... EVERYTHING ACHED on me... My back, my knees, and I have a very physical job. A tragic event happened in my life and it sparked a change...

I started doin research here and on the great interwebs and started working out again, mainly cardio.

Happily I'm back down to 279... But I'm not stopping. Hell no... My goal is to see how my body looks at 200. Still a bit flabby lose some more weight and then bulk up to definition. By this time next year I WILL have the body I always wanted.

Thanks for letting me introduce myself and share a little of my story.
    If you actually took time out of your day to read this... A TRUE kudos for you

POG

BatsBarbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BatsBarbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BatsBarbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BatsBarbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BatsBarbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BatsBarbell has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello I am doing a powerlifting training routine. (Texas Method.) I may want to change that though because I just got too fat and neglected cardio/diet. I started a cut on May 30th. I am eating on a 300-400 calorie deficit most days. I have added HIIT. I want to maintain strength and also add some more isolation exercises. I'm 5'11 and 202 right now. Started cut at 209.4

johnhattnexus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile My Introduction & Social Media/Website

Hey Everyone! My name is John Hatt and I am 26 from Maine. I am also a family man and IT student at SNHU. I have begun tracking my commitment to transform my body and have even built a website to dedicate to this journey. If you are interested in checking it out then please visit johnhattnexus.weebly.com and/or check out my YouTube channel for johnhattnexus. Please feel free to add me on Bodyspace or any other social media for that matter. Thank you for reading and I hope to meet a ton of new friends along the way to a healthier and better version of myself! Stay tuned guys!

Loseitall2016 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi there!

My name is Monique, I am 21 years old and I live in the Netherlands. I stumbled upon Bodybuilders.com while I was looking up some more information about working out and nutrition. I am not the type of girl who wants to become a real bodybuilder (with shows and huge muscels), but I have looked around this forum and I am so inspired by all the great stories.

My main goal is losing weight, and then gain muscels. Last week, I saw a video of myself dancing (I teach danceclasses to kids, and we filmed a part of the dance) and I was embarrassed. Over the last three years i have gained two clothing sizes, and I don't even know my current weight. (I will weigh myself as soon as I get home). Now I am at the point that I don't even like shopping anymore (it used to be my hobby), because nothing fits the way I want it to fit. I can't ever borrow clothes from friends, because they don't fit either. I'm sick of that.

I have become really insecure, tired and unmotivated, and I want to change that. I just can't do that all by myself. That is why I have decided to sign up.

I hope I am able to post a progress-pic in about 4 weeks, because I am now motivated more than ever. I am done with the embarrassment, done with hiding and not completely loving myself for it.

If there is anyone out there who can help me stay motivated, give me advise or just wants to have a casual talk, please contact me!

Monique

loCo. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey, I just started working out again about a month ago. I'm 5'9, 180lbs and I'm currently cutting hard. Don't really have a goal weight, but I'd definitely like to cut down as much body fat as possible, while maintaing strenth/most mass. What's my body fat %? FULL pics/thread in forum

Registered User RoadtoEvolution's Avatar
    RoadtoEvolution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, ladies and gents. Also new to the forum.

Believe it or not what got me in to lifting was my love for Dragon Ball Z XD. Got a membership as soon as I hit 18 years, but have not been lifting consistently until my current age. A lot of trial and error on this road to the best version (or transformation if you will ;D) of myself which has made me more educated about the fitness lifestyle. Like so many others I started bulking and ate as much as I could disregarding how much fat I'd gain. The bulk also seemed to never end. Currently I am trying reset the game, starting brand new. Trying to lose as much fat as I can to get a leaner physique and then start bulking again without demolishing every fast food restaurant. Wish me luck!

Bonus question: When should I start bulking again?

-Colin

JordanKathleen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everyone! My name is Jordan and I am 23 years old and ready to change my body and change my life. I have been tracking calories and it has been very difficult since I havent tracked calories in so long! I have a nutrition coach who gave me the basics for now on how many calories to consume but I am hungry all the time! I always have hunger pains and no energy and I space out my meals throughout the day, I just eat less. I have no problem at all eating healthy but does anyone know how long it takes for my body to get accustomed to this new lifestyle and way of eating? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! My future goal is to get into bikini competitions but for now its to simply exercise 5-6 days a week and lose 23 pounds by mid-October.

SabreToothLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys, I'm Sabre. I'm kinda young to start powerlifting, but I've loved it ever since the summer before 7th grade. I decided to make this account to help get advice for highschool this school year, where I'll be able to participate in powerlifting competitions.

I've always been on the shorter side(currently 5'1) but I've tried to make up for it by strength. I played football in middle school, but I need to be able to keep up with the guys in highschool. I'm determined to gain muscle mass in order to keep my place on the freshman team.

I can't wait to talk to all of you!

Wanderman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Newbie to the Community

I am a 51 year old man living in SoCal. I have had a life-long struggle with weight and several years ago was diagnosed with diabetes and HBP. I'd like to get to the point that I am no longer dependent on medication and I would really like to have a healthier relationship with food and feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't like the fact that I can't easily look at myself in a mirror. I am hoping to challenge myself in a way that I haven't in a long time and have not only a physical transformation occur, but also a mental and spiritual one as well.

I have always tried to do this kind of thing on my own and have never reached out to a community for support, but I hope to change that now. It's obviously not worked for me to do it solo and so I hope that this community provides the help and support that I need to meet my goals. And maybe I'll even make some friends along the way.

marsspyder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi, I'm Amy, like many before I've been lurking for a hot minute, but it's probably time to introduce myself and make a societal contribution. My journey started in 2013, when I topped out at 209. I lost 50 pounds with a cardio-based girly "toning" routine, and got all sorts of happy. Then I started lifting. I LOVE lifting. I can bench my bodyweight! And do real pushups! And squat...kinda... Although I hate cardio, and little weights, I believe its time to try to cut so I can see all these muscles I've been growing, and lose about 15 pounds (hopefully) mostly fat. Adieu potatoes and new 1RMs, I promise I'll be back soon...unless I starve to death<~~real fatkid fear.

moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) moerecon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all... I'm not exactly new to the fitness world, and I have a plan to help me succeed in attaining my goals. With the help of the Bar Brother's System 14 week workout, I will be reaching my limits with calisthenics, then heading to weights when I can. As of my age, I can't drive myself to the gym everyday and when I'm able, I'll start going every day. I'll post my calisthenics workouts daily on the Fitboard.. Here are my stats. 5'11, 172. 13% body fat. Looking to cut this summer before high school! Cheers

propheticsin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everyone, I joined this forum 7 years ago but this is my first post!

I started off mainly doing bodybuilding training after high school, basic 3 sets of 10 reps of isolated movements. I began training in kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu shortly thereafter, which led me to more functional training.

I became certified as a personal trainer under NASM in 2012, and I have recently started a fitness blog. I am looking forward to connecting and sharing with all of the members here.

Cheers,
    Jason

gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aiming for October too. Good luck! Not sure about hunger pains, but changing habits around 30 days I've heard. That's consistent with my experience dropping soda.
    Originally Posted by JordanKathleen View Post
    Hi everyone! My name is Jordan and I am 23 years old and ready to change my body and change my life. I have been tracking calories and it has been very difficult since I havent tracked calories in so long! I have a nutrition coach who gave me the basics for now on how many calories to consume but I am hungry all the time! I always have hunger pains and no energy and I space out my meals throughout the day, I just eat less. I have no problem at all eating healthy but does anyone know how long it takes for my body to get accustomed to this new lifestyle and way of eating? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! My future goal is to get into bikini competitions but for now its to simply exercise 5-6 days a week and lose 23 pounds by mid-October.

DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi all! New here, I'm from Toronto. I used to do weight training before babies, and stopped, slowly getting back into it now for my overall health. Over the course of the last year I was just running due to stress (it helps) but I got too skinny... I stopped running, now switched to combined hard core yoga, and weights / strength training. I started off at 94 lbs in November 2015, then 99.6lbs in April 2016, now 102.2 lbs as of this AM, I'm closely monitoring macros (40% carbs, 25% fat, 35% protein) and working out 2-6 times per week (depending on kids/work/life...). But I am committed to gaining fat and mostly muscle, right now 16.1% body fat, aiming for 18%, with final weight around 113lbs. Happy to be here!

gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50) gfocker will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DNABabe View Post
    ...I am committed to gaining fat...
    Least common phrase on site, haha. Runner here too so I know what you mean. Best of luck!

DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000) DNABabe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gfocker View Post
    Least common phrase on site, haha. Runner here too so I know what you mean. Best of luck!
    Bahahaha!!! I know... but it's true, I'll up load a couple recent pics tomorrow...

DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10) DadWhoLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Guys,
    I just joined the site like many of you. I was a weightlifter but then had shoulder/bicep surgery for a misdiagnosed torn labrum (they told me it was bursitis and I could not deal with the pain) I have been back at the gym for about 8 months now and have gotten back in awesome shape. Just trying to keep making gains while balancing family/work life.

RachelGully has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Everyone,

Great to find this forum and likeminded people!

I'm 31 and live in London, UK.

I have had a love/hate relationship with working out and my weight since I was 18. I have just started to really love my fitness again, and currently workout 5 times a week (need to get my nutrition sorted though!).

My goal is to get myself to where I want to be, fitness and weight wise, and then possibly train as a PT.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Rach x

Mz412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello to everyone, I've been visiting the site for a month or so and this is my first post. I don't need to introduce myself, I'm just a guy enjoying working out.
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.

MichaelM99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking 17 year old bodybuilder

Hi im Michael im a 17 year old bodybuilder looking to step on stage in the next year or so. Check out my profile! Love meeting people with a similar passion

2Checks2Bets has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    whats going on ya'll? I'm J from the east coast. 25 years lived as of april. 5'4'' and currently 150lb with a body fat % at 28 and a bodymass at 26. I've gained 25 pounds in the last 3 months. I'm looking to transfer this fat into muscle/strength & lean out (healthily) so that I can focus on building muscle mass. i've lead a very unhealthy lifestyle for the past 2 years and I'm hoping to take back my life, my health, and my preferred look. Thanks for reading this, please checkout my profile & add me as a friend if you'd be down to talk through the whole process of beginning (or continuing) this journey. I'd love some friends to chat with about the process. Thanks.
    people do what seems easiest and convenient, not what is best for them

saifauto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    suh dudes

My name's Saif, rising senior at the University of Pittsburgh. Have always lurked on these forums, especially the Misc, but only just created a profile. Started lifting senior year of high school but didn't really know what I was doing at all. Truly learned to love the gym as soon as I came to college. I was always chubby/skinnyfat as a kid and teen. I had minimal self-esteem, lifting has helped immensely. I've posted some transformation pictures to my Bodyspace, will be sharing them on the skinny to mass thread shortly. Glad to be here!
    Best Lifts
    215 Bench
    315x6 Beltless Squat
    405 Beltless Dead
    135x5 Strict OHP

*Forever Alone Crew*
    *Misc Alcoholics Crew*
    *Econ Crew*
    *Minimal Upperbody Development Crew*
    *Minimal Direction in Life Crew*
    Instagram: saifauto_

welcome muh mayne. u look like u been at this for a while, 5 years? looking good. maybe you can shoot me some pointers for where to start at. I'll add you on here if you don't mind n send a message yer way. hopefully we can talk on here.

Jess243 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok here goes, My name is Jessica and i'll be honest i'm completely new to this. I think its about time for a change, i've always just been an average girl (body wise) i guess but i want to change that. I plan to eat cleaner and hopefully lose some weight and tone up. One of my friends recommended this site to track progress, so well here i am. It is a little hard for me to work out everyday at the moment (40 hour desk job) but i generally work out 4 times a week alternating between a cardio class and strength training class. During semesters at my campus i feel i have more time because my awesome co-rec isn't far and my work load is a lot less (minus classes). But anyways any kind of help or advice would be greatly appreciated .

atlantamike has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's pretty obvious that these introductions go unnoticed. so i will type a lot of things that are nonsense. or will i. actually, i can't be bothered because no one else on this site is.

szyroki has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everybody, greetings form Poland!

tdleffler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi everyone,

My name is Tracy. I'm 49 years old and have recently started working out; hoping that participating in this community will help keep me on track. I'm currently at 249 lbs and would like to end up somewhere between 215 and 220, depending on how much muscle I'm able to add while I lose weight. I've recently started the StrongLifts 5x5 program and am making good progress while working around some nagging injuries (arthritic knee, lower back pain, tendonitis in both elbows).

ReimZer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello everyone!
    My name's Zach but you can call me Reim. I am going into my 3rd year of University and about to turn 20. Currently am on a 10 month lifting streak, which is the best I have ever done in my life.
    I would say that my goals lie in a combination of strength and aesthetic gain. I'd say that where I am now is the farthest I have come so far in both regards. I've joined here because I love the lifestyle and am only just beginning my journey. I have a lot of work ahead of me, and I love that fact!
    Cheers and good luck to you all

FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10) FrozenFlames is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey everyone.
    My name's Vishwanath. I'm 20 years old, turning 21 on 24th of this month, and I'm from India. I was always the skinny kid all my life. The sudden growth in my height during puberty didn't help me at all, as I got even more skinnier. Lifted for a while when I was 14, but barely did any exercises due to poor knowledge, and bad diet. Stopped lifting for 5 years almost. Didn't give much importance to my weight at all, but watching a transformation of a friend on FB, I got motivated to start lifting again, and thus bought a couple dumbbells. Did basic bicep curls, overhead tricep press, dumbbell squats, calf raises, and pushups. I did all this at home for 4 months, and when I started I weighed 44 kg. Extremely low, I know. Pushups helped a lot, as my chest started growing. I didn't count cals, but just ate whatever I could, although clean mostly. Gained 4 kgs, and some decent chest and overall body mass. My ribs got covered with fat, and I also gained a bit of fat on my stomach. This was in preparation for the gym, as I heard some nonsense that one needs to gain a little weight if they're extremely skinny to start lifting. Anyway, what pushed me to the gym was being rejected by a girl. Typical story. Did a hell lot of research, and started counting cals. However, sadly, I believed everything the general trainer in my gym said, and did a lot of machine work with some dumbbell work in the 20 rep range for the starting couple of months. Unsatisfied, I hired a PT, and things became better.

Currently, I weigh 61 kgs(134 lbs), at 12.2% body fat. Aim is to go until 18% while clean bulking, and then cut down. Do a couple or more of bulk/cut cycles until I can gain as much muscle as possible, genetically, and then maintain for life. I love the big 3, especially the deadlift, and my ideal plan is to incorporate a balanced mix of strength and aesthetics. Cheers.

welcome to all the new members I'm glad this forum is busy & receiving fresh meat :P welcome welcome. Please add me if you want someone that'll actually be friendly/motivate you & share tips or helpful research I've picked up along the way. I'm a beginner myself but I'm doing my best to figure out how to go about it without screwing my body up. Please hit my profile & add me if you'd be down to talk.

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast