Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1322
    cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10) cembos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi everyone,

My name is Christian, 43 yo from the Netherlands. I am training for 6 months 3-4 times a week. The previous 20 yeasr i let myself go in the wrong directions and sinds 2021 i made a big course change. I am working on a body transformation and try to loos my second 20kg of weight after i lost 20 allready in the last 2 years. I hope to make soms fitness buddies to learn from and get advice and inspiration off.

I have a profile pic, dont know why its not showing
    Last edited by cembos; 03-21-2022 at 12:51 AM. Reason: needed 1 more sentence

PorchSwang is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello,

I'm 30, I've been skinny fat my whole adult life. I started lifting around 2015, but I moved every six months or so for a while and would always set myself back due to long periods on the road and not making fitness my priority. Also, around the cusp of moving to intermediate weights in squat, bench, deads, and press, I always hit a plateau and learned that half of my body wasn't working right (my first indication was one nipple about 2 cm lower than the other at the top of an OHP). One montage of some barely adequate YouTube self-diagnoses, hiring a couple ineffective personal trainers, and one very effective physical therapist later, I've basically rebuilt my entire right side and am having another go at it, starting from the bottom.

I'm in school for my BSN, I like table top RPGs and board games, and I like being outside when it's not insufferably hot, which is about 2 months of the year where I live RIP. In the past I made the most progress on the Fierce 5 novice routine, but this time around I'm going to try Vox's beginner powerbuilding program mixed with regular climbing at a bouldering gym. My main goal is to not be a phat phuk and increase my endurance, which has been garbage since getting covid 2 years ago.

I don't really have any friends that are into fitness as a hobby (see nerdy inclinations above), so if anybody is interested in keeping in touch and sharing motivation/progress, I'll probably be down.

Good luck to everyone on here, we all gonna make it yall

Kaatjjiis is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New to fitness

Hey! A girl here, New to fitness and a lot of questions.. would Love of someone would give some tips and examine My current Body status.
    Feel free to add Kik: kaatjjiis

RedVion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hello,

My name is Ray and i am also training again.

On 12-4-2022 I went to the gym twice. Jeej . I wanted to go to the gym three times but a friend came to eat eggs at my place. I liked eating the eggs and we had nice conversations. We did not speak about the exercises that i did but i thought you might like reading about how i trained.

I focused on a full body workout and i did this full body workout twice.
    The intended exercises that i did were:
    +Overhead squats without jumping. (Some people jump like olympic weightlifters).
    +Seated cable rows.
    +Seated rows.
    +Diverging seated rows.
    +Assisted dips.

The first workout i did went great.

Overhead squats without jumping:
    +10 reps with 10kg barbell.
    +10 reps with 5kg plate.
    +10 reps with 5kg plate.
    +10 reps with 2.5kg plate.
    +10 reps with 5kg plate.

Seated cable row:
    +10 reps with 28.6kg.
    +20 reps with 11kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.

Seated row:
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 25kg.
    +20 reps with 25kg.
    +20 reps with 25kg.
    +20 reps with 25kg.
    +20 reps with 25kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.

Diverging seated row:
    +12 reps with 23kg.
    +12 reps with 23kg.
    +10 reps with 23kg.
    +10 reps with 18kg.
    +10 reps with 18kg.
    +10 reps with 18kg.
    +10 reps with 18kg.
    +10 reps with 18kg.
    +10 reps with 18kg.
    +10 reps with 18kg.

Assisted dips:
    +20 reps with assist 36kg.
    +20 reps with assist 41kg.
    +20 reps with assist 45kg.

Than i went to do my second workout. I went full of motivation and energy and i even improved the results i was doing and it was a better workout than the first workout.

Overhead squats without jumping:

Seated cable row:
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 25kg.
    +15 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 25kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.

Seated row:
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.
    +20 reps with 32kg.

Diverging seated row:
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.
    +20 reps with 18kg.

Assisted dips:

Treadmill:
    +1km no hill

Bike:
    +2k level 3

I also ate food.
    I ate macaroni. This macaroni tasted horrible. It was around 2100 calories.
    I also ate some good eggs with mayonaise and ketchup. This tasted really good and i had about 4 eggs.

ch3rrysyrup has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hello!

my name is sierra, i’m a 15 year old girl who wants to get stronger

i’m recovering from anorexia right now and want to build back the muscle mass that i lost(and hopefully more!) i was skinnyfat, weak, and absolutely miserable at my lowest. it was only a matter of time before reactive eating kicked in and i decided to try this route instead!
    i’m 5’8 and (last time i checked) 104 lbs. probably more though as i’ve been eating in a surplus for around two weeks before this?
    i don’t expect a lot of people here to know what to do with me, this recovery/bulk juxtaposition is kind of weird hahaha
    i’m trying to actively not focus on counting calories and just focusing on regaining strength and getting my life back! i may cut sometime in the future when i feel as if i have enough muscle mass to look better
    i’m mostly here for advice- i’m a major newbie and have no idea what i’m doing. i am 100% open to learning so don’t feel bad about correcting me or giving me advice!!

angiemom26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mom of 9 wanting to get back in shape.

Hi!

My name is Angela. I'm from Texas.

I was almost ready to sign up for my first competition when I found out that I was expecting my 7th child. That was 7 years ago. I was sure that she was going to be my last baby so I committed to enjoying my pregnancy and nursing time. When she was 1 year old and eating foods and not depending on me as her sole nutrition I started back to the gym. Found out I was expecting (#8) 2 weeks later and had some complications so I had to stop working out. Fast forward through that pregnancy and I started working out when he was 8 months old and found out I was pregnant again. This time I was expecting twins but it was a tubal pregnancy so I lost it. I went through a year of recoup after the surgery I had to have. Right as I was getting back into the swing of things workout and nutrition wise, I found out I was expecting yet again. This time I had complications again and couldn't work out. It was a rough pregnancy. She is now 2 years old and I haven't set foot in the gym in years and I miss it terribly. I'm just trying to get back into it and make myself and my kids proud.

hurrisense has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Looking to get back in shape

Hi! My name is Johnny, I'm 47, a Leo, I like long walks on the beach, my turn ons are.... Just kidding. I'm a life long martial arts and combat sports fan with an emphasis on MMA. I was very athletic in my youth, but life and age got in the way. Now I have ailments that limit me, but I'm trying the best I can. I just started going to the gym again. The only problem is, I haven't been a gym rat for a long time and some of the machines have passed me by. But thanks to YouTube I'm getting it. Wish me luck!

dollhoney is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey all. 26 female from quebec
    bmi 20 130 pounds 173 cm
    no family and i support myself

I suffer quite a lot due to my appearance. I work full time and it is important to me.

I am honestly looking for sports or personal trainer in my area to improve my body because I cannot take this suffering any longer, I am trapped in my skin. I cannot seem to find anything so I come online looking for connections. I have 2 10lb weights and 2 20lb weights and 35lb kettlebell and resistance bands. I try to use these but I feel like I am not as intense in the workout as I should be. My form is likely bad

Looking for any like minded people making an effort. I am maybe interested in pole fitness but I cannot afford any of these things i want so I just try to do home workout. Im afraid I will pay for gym and not go

Regards x

edit: I joined today because another forum I was a part of since 2009 decided to suspend me.
    They would not even give a reason for the warning and said only "Be thankful you didn't get banned over a post this egregious. Get help."

so I figure it's time to join a new community where I can express myself. I will likely find my way to the accountability forum soon

EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000) EsaRonlund is just really nice. (+1000)
    how's it going everyone, my names Esa, I'm from Australia, only just started going to the gym consistently and improving my diet since April 2022
    like everyone here I'm trying to do better for myself and hopefully put on a bit of muscle. I hope to talk with some of the people in this community and hopefully learn a few things along the way.

Lucasl7d is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    New to the site or just want to say hi? No matter where you're located, introduce yourself and meet other members here!
    Hi all, I'd like to introduce myself, I'm Lucas from Argentina, 40 years old, 5'7" 182 lbs. I used to be very into bodybuilding (as a fan, I couldn't compete in any kind of bodybuilding contest) and now I'm into starting strength type of training. Thanks!

Registered User jameswilliam786's Avatar
    jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100) jameswilliam786 is not very well liked. (-100)
    this is James. Hope you guys are doing great :-)

Natty4life77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello I am just looking for anyone who is decent at bodyfat estimations to take a gander at my profile and see what they think im at in the various photos. Just curious. Also if you want read my whole long bio haha

exoticbastard is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Marhaba! I'm Exotica and I've technically been working out since 2019 (though after COVID stopped I stopped my exercise program). I've really only had 2 spouts of me working out one in December (thanks to a particularly toxic ex lmao) and I'm going through one now. I hope that I'll be able to stick to a program this time around because at the moment I'm 15 and 5'9 but only weigh 127 pounds, as far as I'm aware, that's not a healthy weight for me to remain at lmao. I'll make sure to post an update a month from now on how much I weigh then

Ferryman2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
    New to the site or just want to say hi? No matter where you're located, introduce yourself and meet other members here!
    Hey guys. I'm 16 years old and run long-distance (~7 miles a day), but I've been slacking on anabolic exercise/building muscle for a long time. I'm looking for ways to get started fast and work out efficiently... using only my bodyweight. If anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them. I'm really glad to be here.

therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000) therealocgamer is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm from Ireland, 35 years old, 6'1", 280 lbs. I was very into strength and sports-specific training in my 20s; I also went through a phase where I did a ton of long-distance running.

Then I went through a phase where I was just obsessed with studying/career, and I let my training/diet fall to the wayside in a serious way. I've tried to get back on track a bunch of times but never was able to keep it going past 3-4 months at a spell. Expecting child #2 in a month, and building a house at the moment, so I've decided to outfit the lower floor of the garage as a dedicated home gym.

It will be interesting since I have over-relied on PTs in the past, instead of being responsible for managing my own progress so in a way, it'll be a whole new experience.

RyujinTheDark is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need some help

My name name is Nick and I'm a short slightly chunky guy. I'm hoping to get into better shape for mind, body, and spiritual health. I honestly need a gym partner. I've had a trainer and it worked out but now I don't know any and I kind of washed to try here, if anyone be willing. I'm in Michigan and love working out, just issue is getting to the gym. Hard to do at home. Atmosphere kills it for me.

jager555 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hello, everyone!

My name is Shaun and I am new around here!

I live in Florida (Space Coast) and am joining to get healthy again. I am 33 years old and have been very unhealthy for some time.

I got into a pretty bad car wreck last year that had left me with extensive nerve damage, physical limitations and a ton of anxiety issues; mix that in with a very demanding job and it's been a recipe for disaster. I am excited to get started on this journey to improve everything and feel good about myself.

Looking forward to occassionally posting and will try to stay consistent. Appreciate all of the openness of the community and the support via everyone's posts. I will try to do the same!

femininesexy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Well, hey!

Hi! I'm an "old" member, and at the time I was transforming... I was too busy exercising! Then, found out I had cancer, had surgery, just recovered, and am told I'd have another surgery... But I do work out, even more than before, because I feel better. It is a messy time now, I wish I could say I'm getting back into shape. A bunch of people I considered friends quit talking to me, after they heard I had cancer.
    So... I'd like to have some new contacts. Where I mostly want to lose weight is the midriff, I am generally satisfied with my body. Long walks are like breathing to me.
    (for some reason, I get an "Access denied", when I want to upload a picture...).

PauperBucky33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New Guy Here

Hey, folks. I'm Bucky.
    I've been lifting for a while, now. I feel like I've been spinning my wheels, for the last couple months. Figured I'd hit this place up, and see what I can learn from people who actually know what they're doing. I find that my biggest stumbling block is finding where my failure point is. I've been watching videos on HIT training, and I'm thinking about giving that a shot.
    Any opinions, or advice would be most welcome.
    See yas in the forum!

TribeLove is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello – I am looking forward to improving my fitness with an eye towards Ironman Placid! As for my background, I previously competed in a Powerlifting Competition (Rochester Rumble II). I look forward to sharing more as my lifts improve.

TheMixer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wishing great gains and breaking of plateaus to all here - especially all the folks just staring on their journey.

I'm a 32 year old man from Pennsylvania. I started lifting when I was away at college at 19 and transitioned from skinny fat to getting compliments on my physique. Getting into shape was a high like none other. I took it seriously and for years would get to the gym twice a day (once for cardio and once for lifting). After a couple of fitness-related injuries and getting into a steady relationship with my now wife, I just let myself go starting at 24.

Reflecting on the past decade, I squandered some of my best years with poor nutrition and not keeping up with lifting (I should have AT LEAST been dirty bulking). Now I'm a father experiencing torschlusspanik and disappointment with my lack of energy to spend with my young son. I am turning it around now before my 40s and beyond are going to be ugly.

Looking forward to making connections on here with others like myself and really anyone looking to turn things around.

MarkEricsom is on a distinguished road. (+10)

A year and a half in.

I’m 42 and started getting in shape a year and a half ago. First I lost 40 pounds now I just work out and maintain a diet to gain strength however I’ve hit a bit of a plateau.

I’ve never really been fat, but I’ve certainly carried around extra weight.

I’m 6’1, 170. I don’t see any way to post pictures. I put them in my profile.
    Last edited by MarkEricsom; 09-27-2022 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Update on pics.

BradyGibbs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What’s up everyone, I’m Brady. I’ve been lifting for about 2 years now semi consistently.
    Hopefully I can keep it on track from this point forward.

sykeadelic78 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New old guy

At 43 I'm trying to get back into shape. Worked out off and on my whole life. Been back in the gym for the last year or so now. I fly powered paragliders for fun. Anywhere, just saying hi!

MikeyUJax is on a distinguished road. (+10)

40m midlife crisis/crises 😄

If you've ever seen American Beauty, I feel like Kevin Spacey (the character, not the pervert).

I'd been in a rut for God knows how long prior to turning 40 in August. Once I crested that hill I really started to get into a major major slump. Mood is crap, depression, anxiety and all that. Probably going to see a doctor soon to have my testosterone levels checked.

I'm what I guess you'd call skinny-fat but was beginning to gain weight rapidly. In just a few months I went from 145lbs to 173 and it appeared to be going nowhere but my lower belly.

A couple of months ago I began boxing workouts with a heavy bag and bodyweight exercises using an app.

After 30 days and no real visible results I realized these exercise apps and bodyweight only exercises are probably the reason I always quit after a month or two. The lack of results really gets discouraging.

I just purchased a squat rack with landmine, 7ft Olympic bar and 160lbs of bumper plates. I'm 6 days and 3 workouts in and already feeling much more optimistic about my progress.

I'm currently following a M&F 4 week program and using an app called Heavy Bag Pro to incorporate a couple days of boxing into my routine.

I could keep going and complain about my rolled shoulders, anterior pelvic tilt and bad shoulder that has dislocated more than a dozen times and causes me constant pain while working out but I won't 🤣

Please feel free to check out my progress photos from day 1 and day 60ish(today) and offer and advice or encouragement.

oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) oddbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Allow me to reintroduce myself. I joined back in 2013 in hopes of improving my appearance and health.

Now, in 2022, I'm jumping back in hopes of improving my appearance and my health for myself, my family (have two children now), and my career (in sales).

To be honest, I'm starting this journey off feeling hopeless and mostly apathetic about my situation. I'm ~6'0-6'1, 265-270 lbs. I feel yuck.

I do really want to feel better about myself and increase my energy levels... I just don't know HOW to get there. I do feel like I'm going to need medicine.

One of the things that I think makes it challenging for me to lose weight and work on my body is how bad my knees are.
    I was born with a one-inch leg length discrepancy and a ****ed up foot (missing a whole bone and toe in my left foot) and one of my feet is a size 8 and my other is a size 10.5...
    So finding shoes that work (especially athletic ones) and being able to afford the necessary orthotics is not easy, but doable.

My hope is that by rejoining this community, I can find folks who can help push me and guide me through the process of getting my body and my fitness back on the right track.
    I just want to be the best provider and protector my family can ask for as long as I can... and that starts with me doing something about me.

BillDanc3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

205 lbs @ 5’9”

Nice to meet everyone. My name is Jonah and I’m currently 205 lbs @ 5’9” after training and dieting hard for 5 weeks… after a year long break. I started at 176 I’m early October. Genetically Im blessed with a decent build and I’m not stopping til I’m optimized! It’s very easy for me to put on and lose muscle. I have been taking my training and dieting seriously to prep for my first competition is summer 2023.

I clearly can’t flex to save my life but practicing every day.
    My shoulders are so round it makes my back look hunched and chest nonexistent. It seems like my posture is getting worse and my shoulders are growing too fast compared to my chest. Will this even out on its own or should i do something to remedy this? Thank you all for the help and support. Feels good to be on this journey together.

-Jonah

Dev404 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hi there

Kind of a test post, 22 years old just trying to keep the weight off as I enter the working world!

Tikosh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Introduction of Tikosh

My Name is Arturo and I am a morbidly obese man that happens to be schizophrenic. I’ve always struggled with my weight and dealing with negativity: passive-aggressive complements and disrespect; my lowest I’ve been in my life was back in high-school at 220, now, I weight over 600 pounds at the age of 26

Samsonite1926 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My intro

Hi my name is Sam,
    Lost 60 pounds 3 1/2 years ago, gained 65 immediately after. Got back on track and I lost 55 pounds. Now I'm trying to include weight training on top of my weight loss. Joining this forum to help me on my goal of being the best me.

Height: 5'4
    Current weight: 165 pounds

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast