Thread: Diet motivation

lace333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet motivation

I've been working out at home since February...have noticed pretty big strength gains, minimal visible muscle changes and minimal fat loss. I'm joining a gym in January, and I'm very motivated to work out, I can't wait to be able to lift heavier weights and see progression. I just can't seem to stay motivated on my clean diet, and I know nutrition is a big part of the equation. I can't seem to go more than a few days without giving in to temptation (my other family members keep sweets and such in the house.) If that food wasn't there I wouldn't be able to eat it, I might crave it but I'd get over it eventually. It's right in front of me and sometimes I have enough self control to say no and other times I don't.

Advice?

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lace333 View Post
    I've been working out at home since February...have noticed pretty big strength gains, minimal visible muscle changes and minimal fat loss. I'm joining a gym in January, and I'm very motivated to work out, I can't wait to be able to lift heavier weights and see progression. I just can't seem to stay motivated on my clean diet, and I know nutrition is a big part of the equation. I can't seem to go more than a few days without giving in to temptation (my other family members keep sweets and such in the house.) If that food wasn't there I wouldn't be able to eat it, I might crave it but I'd get over it eventually. It's right in front of me and sometimes I have enough self control to say no and other times I don't.

Advice?
    In bold is part of your problem.
    there is no such thing as clean foods dude. Have a head of these. Enjoy some ice-cream every day. It is actually healthier for you to eat some "junk" food.

Clean eating myth
    http://evidencemag.com/clean-eating/
    http://www.fitnflexed.com/article/my...s-clean-eating
    dirt on clean eating
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-n...-clean-eating/

Ice cream made me thin
    http://www.healthylivingheavylifting...y-got-me-lean/
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Aerdn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Pure discipline

RockyZoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by allrnder View Post
    In bold is part of your problem.
    there is no such thing as clean foods dude. Have a head of these. Enjoy some ice-cream every day. It is actually healthier for you to eat some "junk" food.

I'm on a serious diet and reading that just made me crave every single terrible food lmao. I don't know if that information is very useful to me, but damn that author knows whats up in terms of eating **** food

couldn't quote links >.>

allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) allrnder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RockyZoo View Post
    I'm on a serious diet and reading that just made me crave every single terrible food lmao. I don't know if that information is very useful to me, but damn that author knows whats up in terms of eating **** food

couldn't quote links >.>
    Who is he?

A very serious diet huh? Sounds silly.

Junk food has nutrition in it which is essential to humans as well. Ice cream has protein and fats and carbs which are essential or beneficial. So does Mcdonalds. Also eating some "Junk" is also mentally beneficial.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11883916/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10336790
    Alan Aragon, Brad Schoenfeld, Stu Phillips, Lyle McDonald. FTW.

Not a physique competitor but hope to compete in powerlifting next year. Max bench 1RM with pause 160kg. 352lbs.

Lift and learn.

kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100) kamedan is not very well liked. (-100)
    good plan mate