Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great shots itt

Mirin setup OP

Originally Posted by Kaduceus View Post
    Nice chilly night at my cabin

Grilling some meat

Drinking good beer

And peering through a telescope

By myself

Man this sounds like a fun Saturday night I'm imagining
    This is what I do when it's not so cold, but with a simple scope. Got my eyes on a 16" dobsonian and I live far from any lights at >9,000' elevation

Unzoomed view with exposure and ISO:

RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A bare minimum of a 5" mirror really, certainly go with a well known brand like Skywatcher or Orion, The clarity is going to be mostly effected by the collimation of your telescope and the viewing conditions and light pollution.

If you have a table outside then this is a great starter scope, it will give great views of the moon but slightly limited for other things (light pollution depending) the best thing about this one is its portability, people generally keep these even if they upgrade to something much bigger due to the ease of use and portability. This will be in your price range but you do need a table to set it up at.

Skywatcher Heritage 130P FlexTube Dobsonian Telescope

Though if you can spend a bit more this is a much more capable scope that does not need a table..

Skywatcher Skyliner 200P Dobsonian Telescope

Or if you have a spare 15k..

obsession 25"

cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thx brah!

i'll probably get the portable one coz i will most likely move it around often

i'd want to be able to observe other planets/satelites aswell, not just the moon

maybe something like this?

90/900 SkyWatcher refractor EQ2
    Last edited by cromofo; 12-19-2015 at 06:00 PM.
    bbsitum crew*

Zipper Suited Sun God Ironmanlet's Avatar
    Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cromofo View Post
    what should i pay attention to for clarity of the "image"?

can i get a nice one for around $200-300(could be more tho, not a problem)?
    can easily get a nice scope for that price. If you want to look at close or low magnitude objects keep in mind, eyepieces and filters require more money. and of course the camera does as well.
    Preferred Pronoun: Utility Helicopter

cVc (OIF and OEF): *Retired*

Sorry for perfect english; I have a degree.

Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ironmanlet has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cromofo View Post
    thx brah!

i'll probably get the portable one coz i will most likely move it around often

i'd want to be able to observe other planets/satelites aswell, not just the moon

maybe something like this?

[img]http://www.teleskopcentar.hr/image/cache/data/teleskopi/refraktori/swr909eq2-500x500.jpimg]

90/900 SkyWatcher refractor EQ2
    refractors are good for inter-solar system objects such as planets and comets. The messier object list should be easily visible as well. really good chit to see. the equatorial mount that comes with that will give you the ability to track objects through the night sky as the earth rotates. (****ing engineering man).

good choice for a starter.

RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50) RandyMcFlab will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I cant comment on that one as I have never looked through a refractor, but the lense is a quite a bit smaller than the mirror on the 130p, it has its benefits like no need for collimation, one thing I do know is the EQ mounts are a much bigger learning curve than a dobson, far less intuitive to use and have to be aligned with the pole star to work properly..But they do track better one aligned.

Either will give amazing views of the moon. i know the 130p can see saturn's rings and the bands on jupiter & some moons, but its small - like a pea held out at arms length.

cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cromofo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ironmanlet View Post
    refractors are good for inter-solar system objects such as planets and comets. The messier object list should be easily visible as well. really good chit to see. the equatorial mount that comes with that will give you the ability to track objects through the night sky as the earth rotates. (****ing engineering man).

good choice for a starter.
    appreciated.

the price is $250 so that's nice.

will still research a bit and make up my mind then.

i'm out.
    bbsitum crew*

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    I cant comment on that one as I have never looked through a refractor, but the lense is a quite a bit smaller than the mirror on the 130p, it has its benefits like no need for collimation, one thing I do know is the EQ mounts are a much bigger learning curve than a dobson, far less intuitive to use and have to be aligned with the pole star to work properly..But they do track better one aligned.

Either will give amazing views of the moon. i know the 130p can see saturn's rings and the bands on jupiter & some moons, but its small - like a pea held out at arms length.
    this is where some computer manipulation comes in handy. specifically lightroom.

Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no apache no care

I want to take the laptop outside and try some video astronomy, Be nice to see more colour even if just on a screen!

Originally Posted by Ayz33 View Post
    no apache no care
    >demands apache

>is in Air Force

Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Fang2 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks awesome op.
    If your right leg is Thanksgiving and your left leg is Christmas, can I come and visit you between the holidays?

Originally Posted by RandyMcFlab View Post
    I want to take the laptop outside and try some video astronomy, Be nice to see more colour even if just on a screen!

most images you see will not have color. The images with color are taken from multi-million dollar satellites, or undergo a large amount of computer editing.

I know some people that have multiple tens of thousands of dollar cameras that can do that, but it is not some amateur thing. it is a professional, career type of thing.

Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ayz33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    >demands apache

>is in Air Force
    >also works for company that makes the 64 #nobias

Originally Posted by Ayz33 View Post
    >also works for company that makes the 64 #nobias
    let me know when you can hover brah. no hate.

dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dcbone30 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Would like to get into this, but surely it isn't cheap.

Originally Posted by dcbone30 View Post
    Would like to get into this, but surely it isn't cheap.
    it actually is.

you literally don't even have to buy anything.

just google local astronomy clubs. they will be more than willing to welcome you and share their information and chit with you if you are sincere.

even if you want your own scope to experiment with, it could easily be less than 200 bucks for a starter.

but most importantly, I advocate finding like minded people.

Originally Posted by American Psycho View Post
    Great shots itt

Mirin setup OP

This is what I do when it's not so cold, but with a simple scope. Got my eyes on a 16" dobsonian and I live far from any lights at >9,000' elevation

Unzoomed view with exposure and ISO:
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/lezsu0T.jpmg]
    Where do you live that is higher than 9,000 ft MSL? Also, do you wear O2?

YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YesWayNoWeigh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    go to the moon bruh, no shin splints there
    Redskins•O's•Wizards

Originally Posted by yeswaynoweigh View Post
    go to the moon bruh, no shin splints there
    :'D

i

American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) American Psycho is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Where do you live that is higher than 9,000 ft MSL? Also, do you wear O2?
    Off grid in The Rockies. 02 not necessary, though when I first came out here and a cloud would pass through it would make me have to catch my breath.

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How clear/high quality are the pictures that you take OP? And do you have an instagram/album online of some previous photos?

Originally Posted by American Psycho View Post
    Off grid in The Rockies. 02 not necessary, though when I first came out here and a cloud would pass through it would make me have to catch my breath.
    our regulation requires that if we are higher than 10K MSL for more than an hour, we have to use O2. If we are higher than 12K for more than 30 min, or higher than 14K for any period of time.

Clouds contain higher water concentration, which means, the same amount of volume has less breathable air, (lower air density). At that altitude, I bet a cloud would impact your breathing. I feel like I need a snorkel sometimes in fog and I am close to sea level.

Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    How clear/high quality are the pictures that you take OP? And do you have an instagram/album online of some previous photos?
    meh, I had facebook, but that is a waste of time. I just have all the stuff I saved now.

I am not sure how to quantify clarity/quality, but I have had pictures published in magazines. Most people really appreciate my best photos.

cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cls91 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    meh, I had facebook, but that is a waste of time. I just have all the stuff I saved now.

I am not sure how to quantify clarity/quality, but I have had pictures published in magazines. Most people really appreciate my best photos.

Care to post a few of them? I'm very curious to see

Originally Posted by cls91 View Post
    Care to post a few of them? I'm very curious to see
    yes sir. one second plox

La Luna X 2 (the second one was actually taken with a cellphone camera through the eyepiece on my dobsonian)

Here is two pics I took from a partial solar eclipse in Nov 2014. The first one is non-telescopic, (just the DSLR with polarizing and UV filters), the second one is through my dobs with a 4 inch off center solar filter. When the clouds started coming in from the West I started to get upset, but it made for a good effect. this was a good event. I set up in public and lots of people stopped to chill.

Here is a picture of a comet I took

and just a storm I captured.

I have a lot more. I have Jupiter, Saturn, star clusters and nebula, satellites and so on. You get the point.

the 130mm newtonian tracking Pleiades.

and her majesty

More Moon. Can confirm it is made of delicious cheese.

A picture of the ISS as it falls behind my old house.

40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000) 40ozDrank is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Mirin pics, ever see any UFO's Op?
    Be a Cuck or get Cucked

Dink Size= Medium