Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

O35 Summer 2016 Diet / Body Composition Thread

I'm sure many remember the thread last year in the Misc that scooter or whatever started. Anyway I think we should do another one for anyone wanting to participate. If there are enough people wanting to make and document some noteworthy progress until June 1, 2016 maybe we can get the thread saved as a temporary sticky.

Here's the rules.
    1. There are no rules
    Except it starts yesterday and ends Wed June 1, 2016. Unless your "not done" then by all means keep going.
    Some friendly trash talking is fine if your into that, IDGAF because I'm making some changes for me, but sometimes that's fun or motivates others I guess.

2. There are no overall winners, or losers . There is no way to determined who "wins" because everyone has different goals, starting points, potential for improvement etc. This is more based on one's own individual improvement in their ideal body composition, and making progress toward that goal whatever it may be. So if your getting a little porky like myself it's a diet thread, if your looking like a stick figure and trying to build some quality muscle mass that's fine too eat, train and grow.
    To "win" you make progress towards your goal(s) that you are happy with.
    To "Lose" you fail to make progress or put in the effort that you are satisfied with.

3. Starting pictures are recommended as well as some along the way and the important one of where you end up. At the end we can put a post in with where we started and ended on this little 6 month adventure in body composition change, or not (if you bomb out and disappear from the site as a complete failure because you can't stick to a goal ) , your call, remember rule 1.
    It's not meant to be a thread like the existing "this week in O35" though so let's keep it on track focusing on our specified goal(s). This has a start date and end date and is to track progress, be accountable, and see who has the drive to pick a goal and stick to it.

4. If you make a post ITT you are part of the thread whether you want to be or not.... (so you better get your A$$ in Gear doing something)

5.This space reserved for more rules that aren't really rules because there are no rules (rules on that subject to change, if it benifits me)
    I'll probably make some changes to this OP when not typing from phone....
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 12-16-2015 at 01:27 PM.

AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000) AbuDina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Great idea, I'm in
    Society has varying and conflicting interests; what is called objectivity is the disguise of one of these interests - that of neutrality. But neutrality is a fiction in an unneutral world. There are victims, there are executioners, and there are bystanders... and the 'objectivity' of the bystander calls for inaction while other heads fall.

Howard Zinn

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'll start.
    Last surplus went from 186 to 214 this morning (false heavy from chow down Xmas party yesterday).
    Here's the most recent half naked pic from 12/3/15 at 210ish

I will be dieting and trying to get lean again and don't really care what body weight that is, likely somewhere in the mid 180s low 190s if I like the way I look and have the drive to stick it out that long. I'm hoping I've gained some lean mass over the last surplus and 190 will look like mid 180s looked last time. I am not looking to get shredded to Cmoore or Bo_Flecks standards because I honestly don't have the desire (or resolve) to get that lean and hope I still have some lean mass to gain when I de-fat myself and get back to a small controlled surplus.

I'm not exactly ready to start yet, still plan to enjoy the holidays but treading lightly and would like to see 210 on the scale before I get serious about dieting. I'm in limbo land and just trying to train hard and not get any fatter.

I'll likely use a 2 stage approach and diet for 12-14 weeks, take a break for a week or two then try to finish it off. I doubt I will have any cheat meals or anything like that aside from the occasional adult beverage(s) which I make fit my desired macros. I cannot be very flexible personally when dieting. For me that's what's surpluses are all about. Hope some others join in the fun....

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Edit because I saw diet and immediately was out.

In. I will use my current pic as well.

Goals are to keep getting stronger and hopefully put some more muscle on my frame. Slight surplus will continue until my pants no longer fit, then I will dial back and eat at maintenance until lifts stall. At that point I am sure it will be time to cut hit the diet hard again.

Looking jacked PP.
    Last edited by shaneinga; 12-16-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    This sounds good! I'm in. Will post pic later today. Like the competition. Ended week 3 of Fierce 5 and looking to...bulk.
    FIERCE 5
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
    http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout (Thanks Kimm4)
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167871451
    https://legionathletics.com/body-recomposition/

Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jtbny has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good luck to all who participate. See you May 1st
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

Water Heater in Training lochinvar76's Avatar
    lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000) lochinvar76 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm going to get in on this. My goal last year was to bring up my upper back, which I did a good jab at. For 2016 I want to really bring up my legs so I'll be posting a pic of those later.
    When life hands you lemons... ask for something higher in protein.

The weight is a hammer and the bench an anvil. That which happens between both forms and shapes us, showing our true mettle.

My Lifting Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165860431

doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) doughnutgut has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Subbing to this interesting thread.

Although I am not taking part. But will place before and after photos at the same time at the end of July ITT.

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

IN!

It's funny you posted this, PP. I was just thinking the other day that we should start a new thread like this. Now, are you certain you aren't going to change the rules 5 days in, or on a whim, as it suits you?

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    PP

GREAT idea!!! You know I am in!

My goal...To look at these pics from last summer and consider myself "out of shape" in them!!!

RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

Resident Craft Brewer Hooverville's Avatar
    Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hooverville has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In. Looking to lose 10 or 15.

Current
    http://imgur.com/xf21SJU

Want those abs popping by June 1st.
    Good luck boys and girls
    It's your diet.

*COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW*

MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm in.

I am not backing the calories off yet, but will be by Feb. I'm hoping to see some decent changes. I plan on going from 230 to about 205 in this time frame. Thanks for starting this and I hope I don't break the thread rules that don't exist.

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm totally IN!!! Can't miss this, I turn 50 on June 5th

I've already started cutting and I'm down 3.5lbs in the last month. I'll try to get some pics this week-end.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Enjoyed it last year........ I'm in.

Last year I had my spinal surgery during our friendly adventure but I did pretty good. My goal was to drop off some weight and hold onto as much muscle as possible. I lost #15-ish and managed to stay under the bar despite going through the surgery. I think I took off one week.

After the 2015 thread I focused on regaining strength from the nerve damage. It's been a challenge to say in the least. All push movements on my left side have gone up but I have not been able to get back to where I was before the surgery. Nerve damage is a weird thing to deal with. It's not like you lift & get stronger..... you lift whatever your working nerves will let you, period.

Goals.... hell, not sure, lol. First off, I'm bulking. I've held onto 145 since the 2015 thread. I went back to work 3 months post surgery so thats what kept me lean up till now. My weight goal is to be 160+. I kinda started last week but I didn't exactly stick with it. This morning fully dressed I was 148.

More goals..... I joined Marks db thread this year but didn't exactly finish what I wanted to. I started with 40's and completed the 60's. I would be extremely happy to have a vid of 70 Lbs, 10 reps..... this will be really hard..... I know it sounds easy.

I wanted a 350 DL by 2016 but I'm not sure where I stand on that..... ATM I'm running full Smolov on squats so I'm DL'ing less. On top of that I'm still running the fierce 5. Yesterday I ran my Smolov, then my fierce 5 lifts, then did DL's. I worked up to 315 singles. Atm my squat is horrible. I'm sick of my hip problems and I'm gonna push through no matter what. Atm I can't even rep 225, by June I will.

I'll get some pics up when I can.

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can't stand it how fast time goes by why why why is this year almost over? Why is my life passing by?
    My goals are still the same, to drop to 117lbs. which I didn't do by last June. I got to 121 lowest.
    But I will do it this time. Hopefully the opening of the gym after renovation will be motivating.
    Hello darkness my old friend

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I will join in this time - still a lawn dart but growing very slowly
    want to be heavier in June, but lack the pot belly

☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Glad to see there is some interest in a little 6 month hard run at progress. I always seem to get more into my training when dieting, not sure why I guess being hungry most of the day just keeps me more engaged? Also I get kind of mean and angry at first, until I embrace the suck of dieting, so if I start lashing out at those who are building and running surpluses sorry in advance, I'm just hungry and jealous of your foodz, JK not srs (about being sorry, it's not fair )

Good luck. I think I'm going to just go ahead and start working my way into the diet. Such a slow process it won't hurt to start getting used to some restriction. Plus I'm getting to a weird spot with my shirts where my larges are like I'm trying to go for that painted on douche bag look (not my style for work attire, nor should it be anyone's over a certain body-fat level ), and my XLs look like I'm wearing a tent...Plus if I gain any more fat around my chest my wife's going to want a boob job to one up me .
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 12-17-2015 at 02:09 AM.

Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000) Keoking is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed for later. Just finishing the longest cut in history (2yrs, 250# >40%BF to vicinity of 150# 13%BF).

Now I need to work up a realistic plan for 2016.
    One day, maybe not soon, but one day, it will be mine turn to feel the bar bend. One day.

We're all gonna make it Crew
    I'm pretty sure I'm Autistic Crew
    If not Autistic then definitely Aspy Crew
    Used to be obese Crew
    Never going to be shredded Crew
    Never going to be swole Crew
    Keep lifting cause too stubborn to give up Crew

Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Watsonm5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    PP

GREAT idea!!! You know I am in!

My goal...To look at these pics from last summer and consider myself "out of shape" in them!!!

We all hate you ... you know that right? Pic is a good idea for FATHEAD in my basement so I can punish myself. Gotta lift some freakin' weights!!!!!!
    FIERCE 5

MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000) MyNemisis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Keoking View Post
    Subbed for later. Just finishing the longest cut in history (2yrs, 250# >40%BF to vicinity of 150# 13%BF).

Now I need to work up a realistic plan for 2016.
    Congratulations on the weight loss so far. That's a hell of a difference.

Added 10 lbs to my squat PR today. I know. No vid no care, so I won't bother saying the weight I got. I'll post a video in this thread when I get one.
    Last edited by MyNemisis; 12-17-2015 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Grammer, or lack thereof

boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) boathead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i'm in. i'd like to gain 10 lbs by 7-15....the date i become a senior citizen believe it or not i'm up 21 lbs. ( 165 in this pic) in the last 3 months. should have taken a pic then, but i was too disgusted.

while i'm at it, I'd like to get back to the old school standards of 1xbw for OHP, 1.5 for bench, 2 for squat, and 2.5 for deads, presently at 140/220/275/0.

Last edited by boathead; 12-17-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Subbed. Will start shredding after Christmas but i'll post a pic before then. My goal is to get visable abs without flexing.
    LOL @ people who follow politics

induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Watsonm5 View Post
    We all hate you ... you know that right? Pic is a good idea for FATHEAD in my basement so I can punish myself. Gotta lift some freakin' weights!!!!!!
    No worries man....we all start somewhere. Here is a pic of me 5 years ago. I used to carry much more fat. (and had been out of the gym almost a decade) While maybe not "obese", I surly was not anything close to lean..... Never thought I could be a lean person, and I was not "born that way".

I have said it before....the first few years are the hardest. Stick with it! It gets a lot easier over time.

RAW lifts

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    No worries man....we all start somewhere. Here is a pic of me 5 years ago. I used to carry much more fat. (and had been out of the gym almost a decade) While maybe not "obese", I surly was not anything close to lean..... Never thought I could be a lean person, and I was not "born that way".

I have said it before....the first few years are the hardest. Stick with it! It gets a lot easier over time.

Curious... how did you get so cut? bulk, cut , bulk, etc. 10 times over?
    FIERCE 5

Curious... how did you get so cut? bulk, cut , bulk, etc. 10 times over?
    Kinda. And yes the switch between deficit and surplus left me leaner and leaner each time (especially in "stubborn" areas) I did not try to cut so hard in one or two times as I think it would have been too expensive from a lean mass standpoint.

A great example is my legs. They started out about 12mm skinfold. Legs are can be hard to lean out similar to abdominal areas in some. Each cut, my legs got AND stayed leaner. Now, even at the peak of a surplus, my legs are still only 4-5mm.

Most sub-q is hard to lose, but also hard to come back. It is VAT that is your buffer. This is much more metabolically active with a better blood supply. You can keep abs and still put back on some fat. Your waist grows, but you still look just as lean. That is the important part to watch. Set your surplus cals so you are not picking up sub-q. Reverse the surplus when it seems like scale increases are going hand and hand with skinfold.

For the past 5 years, I have been pretty much on a surplus or deficit at all times. There is very little time I have stayed the same weight. This has allowed me to get to where I am now where I can be "fat" at the peak of my surplus and still look lean-ish to most. I am probably on my 7th or 8th "cut" now, but they are smaller these days as I dont let my bf drift up too far.

Lots of different ways to do it, but in my opinion, this is the most direct and effective. Surly not the easiest at times.....but the effort is worth it. I am just getting to the point of shedding the last bits of hard to get at fat. I hope this cut really takes me there. I spent almost a decade not really taking care of myself and reversing that took a sustained effort. I am sure I could have probably leaned out quicker, but I dont think I would have been able to make the progress LBM (or strength) wise if I did....

The first 11 weeks I was on a mission and this was my first big cut. I might have been a little aggressive on cals, but I was ready to lean out. I dropped from 205 to 177 in 11 weeks. If you look at the waist in the lower pic, you can see the amount of fat I lost. I think I dropped 6-7" off my waist. I had muscle memory on my side though and actually put on some lean mass in the process. (something that is normally not possible for anyone but a noob)

RAW lifts

^^^I'm finding the same to be true, each one has turned out a little better for me each time.
    I trained and played sports then went from a decade of being fat and lazy (focusing on starting my career, getting finacially out of the hole and beer and pizza) to training again about two years ago in February.
    First cut went from 246 to about 202 (6 months -gained lots of muscle back)
    Bulked 202 to 222 (too fat - fulk - 4.5 months)
    Cut 222-186 (4.5 months)
    Bulked 186-214 (7 months)
    Now cutting 214-? (5 months or so likely with a break in the middle, maybe longer if things are going well)

I think over time it seems like you start to narrow in on that range where you should be near, at least I have been heading in that direction just not there yet. I think our mental image of what we should look like starts to get a little more clear and makes it easier to decide when to put the brakes on a surplus before it gets too far out of hand. I can notice even without taking too close of measurements now when most of the weight gain is starting to end up as fat, for me lifting belt works well as my fatness barometer. It can still be hard to stop eating though and start dieting because for me its just not as much fun being so regimented with intake (and at this point I really have to be). I still have not got as lean as I would like, but if I keep taking this approach it will happen sooner or later. Glad to hear it gets easier, it seems like it has gooten a little easier for me, but not enough to say yea no problem just gonna drop off this fat, despite knowing what I need to do to get it done...
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 12-17-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Interesting reads from both ID and PP. Gives me some real time feedback on what to expect as I just don't know **** yet. I will fight the bulking like crazy but enjoy cutting much more as I want to get very very lean.

Good to see the before/after pics and the weight change as well. Hard part is that this will take some time so I better used to it.

Thanks guys! Good stuff.
    FIERCE 5

phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000) phamine is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is me now after a 6 month cut going from 160lbs/13.5% to 140lbs/7%.

I felt my last bulk I gained too much fat. This coming year, I'm looking to add maybe 1 lb a month rather than 2-3 lbs. That 2-3 lbs a month rule must have been made for people taller than 5'6" =p

ICF Cutting Journal - CLOSED
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162321241

Fierce 5 Intermediate Upper/Lower
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170076563

Interesting reads from both ID and PP. Gives me some real time feedback on what to expect as I just don't know **** yet. I will fight the bulking like crazy but enjoy cutting much more as I want to get very very lean.

Good to see the before/after pics and the weight change as well. Hard part is that this will take some time so I better used to it.

Thanks guys! Good stuff.
    I think in the end, PP has a much better frame than I do for "bodybuilding". I think in the end, he is going to blow me out of the water. He is doing a great job thus far.
    RAW lifts

Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In, i'm currently bulking with primary goal of adding strength and muscle. Fat is definetly being added also, but I plan to cut starting in March. Here is a pic of me in August when I was cutting. I was at about 170lbs:

http://imgur.com/d6apoQE

This is me now at about 188-190lbs. Getting fat but strength is going up so I don't care:

http://imgur.com/ned2V1S
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

10/22/16 Meet: 350/220/505 1075lb total
    04/29/17 Meet: 390/240/535 1165lb total
    11/04/17 Meet: 424/254/551 1229lb total