Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knackered Prop turned Knackered Heavyweight

Hi Guys

Gonna start a new thread/Journal so I can keep track of my workouts and to hopefully get some comments on my workouts and training.

To give you some background, Ive played rugby since I was 9 and 14 years later Ive had to hang up the boots due to serious back and leg injuries. I made a promise that the next big injury will end my rugby playing days and 3 months ago I Broke my ankle and needed to have quite a big operation and have been told that it will never get 100%. Ive always tried to box to help my rugby game (for fitness and to help me kick ass) but never gave it proper dedication. Ive had a few amateur fights and a couple of charity bouts, but I'm ready and willing to give it 100% now I cant play rugby to a good standard.

My weight training routine is a pretty standard bodybuilding style routine, but may need to change it up in line with boxing training.

09/12/15

First day back in the gym!!!

Bench press with a pause 90kg for 6x4 (pretty pleased that I could get 90kg but have lost a lot of strength)
    Incline Bench 60Kg 10x4
    DB Incline 30kg 12x4
    DB Incline flys 16kg 12x4
    Tri Pushdowns 40kg 12x4
    Tri Machine 36kg 12x4

Felt really exhausted and weights have dropped drastically but time to get back in the gym and get my numbers back.

sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wheresmyabs View Post
    Hi Guys

Gonna start a new thread/Journal so I can keep track of my workouts and to hopefully get some comments on my workouts and training.

To give you some background, Ive played rugby since I was 9 and 14 years later Ive had to hang up the boots due to serious back and leg injuries. I made a promise that the next big injury will end my rugby playing days and 3 months ago I Broke my ankle and needed to have quite a big operation and have been told that it will never get 100%. Ive always tried to box to help my rugby game (for fitness and to help me kick ass) but never gave it proper dedication. Ive had a few amateur fights and a couple of charity bouts, but I'm ready and willing to give it 100% now I cant play rugby to a good standard.

My weight training routine is a pretty standard bodybuilding style routine, but may need to change it up in line with boxing training.

09/12/15

First day back in the gym!!!

Bench press with a pause 90kg for 6x4 (pretty pleased that I could get 90kg but have lost a lot of strength)
    Incline Bench 60Kg 10x4
    DB Incline 30kg 12x4
    DB Incline flys 16kg 12x4
    Tri Pushdowns 40kg 12x4
    Tri Machine 36kg 12x4

Felt really exhausted and weights have dropped drastically but time to get back in the gym and get my numbers back.
    awesome story - excited to see the progress you made. i'm 20 right now and also have a couple nagging injuries sustained on the pitch. cheers

Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wheresmyabs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sperez21 View Post
    awesome story - excited to see the progress you made. i'm 20 right now and also have a couple nagging injuries sustained on the pitch. cheers
    Hi Mate

Ive been looking at your log, good work on the lifts. If you can keep playing rugby don't stop! Its been the greatest experience of my life. It was sad to give it up. If I can maintain good health and improve mobility and flexibility over 2016, I might have to give it another bash.

sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sperez21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wheresmyabs View Post
    Hi Mate

Ive been looking at your log, good work on the lifts. If you can keep playing rugby don't stop! Its been the greatest experience of my life. It was sad to give it up. If I can maintain good health and improve mobility and flexibility over 2016, I might have to give it another bash.
    Appreciate it! yeah I hope to be playing for a while, nothing quite like it. Hoping that boxing gets you feeling much better and serves as a rehab tool as much as a conditioning tool for you.

10/12/15

Went to see my coach this morning to see if he can train me as a fighter. Not only did he say yes, he has booked me in for a charity tournament next April. Need to get my ass in gear now.

Lat pull down 35kg 10x4 (Dual cable pulley, new piece of equipment don't know if I like it)
    Close Grip Pull down 38kg 10x4
    Seated row 30kg 12x4
    T Bar row 40kg 10x4
    DB Curl 16kg 10x4
    Hammer Curl 16kg 10x3

Really disappointed with the workout as I have lost so much pulling strength and they gym has got new cables what feel a bit odd. Not overly Confident with doing Deadlifts yet but im not looking forward to seeing the reduction in weight. Oh well.

11/12/15

No gym today, going tomorrow and training some shoulders.

12/12/15

Some shoulders today. Actually really enjoyed today's workout but still massively weaker.

Seated press 28kg 10x3
    Lateral raise 10kg 10x3
    Power cleans 80kg 6x4
    Rear delt 8kg 12x4
    Smith machine press 50kg 12x2

13/12/15

Done some legs today so tried to squat and my ankle wasn't feeling it so done some ankle mobility and really light squat for technique. Again lost a lot of strength apart from leg extensions so looking to regain it.

Leg press 140kg 10x3
    Leg Extension 79kg 10x3
    Leg curl 46kg 10x3
    GHR BW+10kg 12x4
    Ab Twists Medball 5kg 12x3

Finished with some shadow boxing and footwork for 5 rounds of 3 mins