Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16
    gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by maansmit View Post
    I have a Hoist V6 functional trainer and am looking for some sort of strap or cable that could be used to link the two stacks together to be used simultaneously. Anyone have a suggest on this?
    Depending on the distance between the pulleys on your unit, I think Body Solid and Inspire may offer a bar to link both pulleys?, but I'm not certain about Inspire.

I have a linkage bar on my Cybex Bravo, to be honest I never use it, the only movement that feels okay is bent over row, but it's difficult to find a comfortable and balanced position, as for squats it's pretty much useless, a lack of weight and having to start in the bottom position, again for dead's poor balance, the lack of weight is too limiting.

maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    Depending on the distance between the pulleys on your unit, I think Body Solid and Inspire may offer a bar to link both pulleys?, but I'm not certain about Inspire.

I have a linkage bar on my Cybex Bravo, to be honest I never use it, the only movement that feels okay is bent over row, but it's difficult to find a comfortable and balanced position, as for squats it's pretty much useless, a lack of weight and having to start in the bottom position, again for dead's poor balance, the lack of weight is too limiting.
    I've got a lat bar that links both stacks but would like to be able to use some other handles/grip types with both stacks also.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've got a lat bar that links both stacks but would like to be able to use some other handles/grip types with both stacks also.

If I understand you correctly, you wish to use a conventional cable attachment and incorporate both stacks simultaneously?.

For a fixed bar with a central attachment point I suspect it would be a custom job.

I have tried this by using chain, attached to both pulleys and the handle clipped to the centre of the chain, but I can't say I found this to be entirely satisfactory. Because the attachment pulleys swivel it creates a lot of instability and not in a good way, just my opinion.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mentioned in this thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1513152841
    Garage Gym Owner

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could probably accomplish this fairly easily with a piece of steel pipe or tubing w/ a hole on each end and another drilled on center. Then just add an eye hook or swivel if desired.

maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10) maansmit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If I understand you correctly, you wish to use a conventional cable attachment and incorporate both stacks simultaneously?.

For a fixed bar with a central attachment point I suspect it would be a custom job.

I have tried this by using chain, attached to both pulleys and the handle clipped to the centre of the chain, but I can't say I found this to be entirely satisfactory. Because the attachment pulleys swivel it creates a lot of instability and not in a good way, just my opinion.
    I may have some chain laying around somewhere and will try that if I do. May not be ideal but would certainly be the easiest option at the moment.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I may have some chain laying around somewhere and will try that if I do. May not be ideal but would certainly be the easiest option at the moment.
    DIY would be the cheapest route like the others suggested, but if you feel like spending a bit more on it (depending upon the quote and where it's shipped) you could always e-mail, or call Dean over at Black Widow Training Gear and he can more than likely custom weld you one to your description and specs.

RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Definitely go with a stand alone lat/low row, look for a good used commercial model. For new the Powertec would be a decent starting point, but several members here have the Legend plate load unit and it's very well regarded, if I were looking for a new plate load lat this would be very close to the top of my list.
    This assumes you have the space. I pulled the trigger on the Rogue slinger for my RM4. I had the spud model on my infinity hung of off a shrimp trawler. They're different beasts. The Spud for more like a traditional commercial model, due to the use of plates. (Upgrade the cable to a coated one, if it doesn't come with it. I found one for $8 on Amazon) When I had the Infinity rack, I had way more room in my basement. I chose the Slinger on the RM4 to save space. It's definitely a space saver, but it has a different feel to it, due to the bands. Neither will feel like a dedicate commercial model, but they're useful. Rogue is supposed to release a weight stack for the Slinger eventually. That might be ideal, if you can afford it, and it will fit in your space. I'll look hard at it when it gets released, but I'm not sure I'm going to have the space. My gym area it tight fit now.
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000)
    Who is gonna be the test subject for this one? Prime Fitness KAZ Handles

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzMA525jh6g/
    Attached Images
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.
    On social media as Gray Matter:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gray_matter_lifting/
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrayMatterLifting
    Blog: https://graymatterlifting.wordpress.com/
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Gray-Matter-1428155060558023

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    Definitely not me. I paid $150 for their long and short ROT-8 bars and hated them - very poorly thought-out. Sold them for a loss on ebay.
    They fooled me once - not gonna get fooled again.
    Garage Gym Owner

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

At first I thought they were named after Bill Kazmier, I was about to say "Kaz used specialized cable machines?" Hahaha, although the thick handles would make sense for grip strength.

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Bench905 View Post
    Definitely not me. I paid $150 for their long and short ROT-8 bars and hated them - very poorly thought-out. Sold them for a loss on ebay.
    What didn't you like about them? At one time I was considering them, but then it looks like the added length of the bar and attachment handle wouldn't work with my Lat/Row combo unit in my garage. I have the 4N1 and the short 3N1 attachments and like them a lot, saves a lot in attachment storage for sure and provides lots of variety.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000) Dont Want None is just really nice. (+1000)
    I own the Rot-8 Spreader Bar. Really nicely built, smooth, heavy duty, etc. If for some reason you could only own one attachment, this might be the best option. But since that isn't the world we live in, it primarily gets used for some back and rear delt work, not triceps or anything else.

It ends up giving me a non-fixed variation to the MAGs, which is nice, but not sure it is $200+ nice.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.
    On social media as Gray Matter:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gray_matter_lifting/
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GrayMatterLifting
    Blog: https://graymatterlifting.wordpress.com/
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Gray-Matter-1428155060558023

Originally Posted by MGM711 View Post
    What didn't you like about them? At one time I was considering them, but then it looks like the added length of the bar and attachment handle wouldn't work with my Lat/Row combo unit in my garage. I have the 4N1 and the short 3N1 attachments and like them a lot, saves a lot in attachment storage for sure and provides lots of variety.
    Here's my post on it in this thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1546483701

Basically, there's so much hardware on them that the stack bottomed. I have a standard Icarian commercial lat pulldown - 8' tall.

I was annoyed because PRIME should've known this was going to be a problem for most users. They made no mention of it anywhere and were blowing up social media about how awesome these were. On my very first rep, I knew these sucked when I couldn't even get to the top of the movement. In hindsight, I should have made a stink about it to PRIME and see if they would've just taken them back.
    Garage Gym Owner

nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Not sure I see a benefit other than the thickness of the handle?

MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MGM711 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here's my post on it in this thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1546483701

Basically, there's so much hardware on them that the stack bottomed. I have a standard Icarian commercial lat pulldown - 8' tall.

I was annoyed because PRIME should've known this was going to be a problem for most users. They made no mention of it anywhere and were blowing up social media about how awesome these were. On my very first rep, I knew these sucked when I couldn't even get to the top of the movement. In hindsight, I should have made a stink about it to PRIME and see if they would've just taken them back.
    Yep, that was pretty much what I figured would be the issue when looking at it...seems like you add about 8-10in with the handle attachment and carabiners when it's all said and done and I knew that wasn't going to work for me either.

Like I said, I've been happy with the 4N1 and short 3N1 attachments so far. I really like the 4N1, the short 3N1 isn't bad, not as good as the short MAGs, but having all 3 angles in attachment for me is a win.

Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    A- Got to keep this thread alive.

B- Spud Ab strap, short or long?

Primary reason for purchase is abs, secondary reasons are just up to the imagination so which would you go with? Yes, I know this is the equipment form but lets just assume that both is out of the picture.

Originally Posted by Za78 View Post
    A- Got to keep this thread alive.

B- Spud Ab strap, short or long?

Primary reason for purchase is abs, secondary reasons are just up to the imagination so which would you go with? Yes, I know this is the equipment form but lets just assume that both is out of the picture.
    I have the long Spud Ab strap, I like it for ab work, both facing and away from the pulley. It works equally well whether standing or kneeling, but I prefer the standing position.

I have experimented with other moves, face pulls and rows were okay, triceps extension/pushdowns not so much. I have a long Manilla rope handle and much prefer the rope for face pulls and triceps work, but the AB strap is on par for rows, however due to the length of the strap, you have to position yourself a long way from the pulley.

Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Za78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    On spread, but thanks, in retrospect would you have still bought the long or gone with the potentially more versatile short?

Originally Posted by Za78 View Post
    On spread, but thanks, in retrospect would you have still bought the long or gone with the potentially more versatile short?
    I've not tried the short strap, if you primarily want to work the abs, then the long strap works really well, I'm not sure a shorter strap would be so effective.

I suspect the short strap would be more useful for general use, but my primary objective when I got the long strap was to add some variety to ab work, anything else would have been a bonus.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Why couldn't you use just one caribener to connect the handle to the bar instead of a caribener connected to a link connected to another caribener connected to the bar?
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

Looks like someone made a MAG clone attempt.

https://www.amazon.com/HulkFit-Heavy...s%2C692&sr=8-1