Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    Ordered a set of TrakFitness Sport handles for Christmas. We’re on sale at Elitefts so I said screw it. Look promising for my FT2 but who knows..I might hate them.

I’ll post an opinion after Christmas ( as my wife won’t let me open them till then)...not fair!

I think that you will be very happy with the handle bought one last year on the BF sale and it gets used a lot with my FT but it really shines when used on a rowing erg as it gives many variations on grip as well as you can do a diverging movement on the drive.

Underrated handle IMHO.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Recidivst View Post
    I think that you will be very happy with the handle bought one last year on the BF sale and it gets used a lot with my FT but it really shines when used on a rowing erg as it gives many variations on grip as well as you can do a diverging movement on the drive.

Underrated handle IMHO.
    Nice..thanks..I ordered the Sport trak individual handles..I do have a Concept rower so now You have me thinking about the TrakFitness rower handle that replaces the stock Concept handle

skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    You still post here?

BTW, is Vaseline considered a "cable attachment?"
    I come out of my cave every once in a while. How have you been?

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Merry Christmas folks! I landed up opening up the triceps attachment along with some other lifting equipment earlier and hooked on and test tried the fat tricep attachment, feels pretty comfortable on standing overhead extensions and pressdowns...as for curls it's so so, I'll try to mess around with other grips when I find some time.

The finish on it is a grippy truck bed liner coat and my only minor complaint for the price is that some of that coating on areas of the attachment (three areas of the attachment's coat) seems to be over baked and flakey and the 4" globe grips on the bottoms seem to be slightly smoother with a bit of scuff than the rest of it...here's a few pics of the attachment below...

http://imgur.com/a/oGGSgdU

It's a fairly light attachment at around 7 lbs according to the spec info if even that after it's out of the shipping box, I'll send Elitefts the pics of its imperfections and see what they say about it.

Also, I assume I didn't end up being one of the first 500 buyers to get the mystery gift box they mentioned during that promotion since all that arrived was the attachment at the time.

Edit: Imgur has the pictures of the attachment set to adult content by default...guess the attachment looked like some kinda kinkster toy lol.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 12-25-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    med_res.jpg

Snagged a few new pieces off OfferUp... American Barbell Chin Attachment, and American Barbell Pulley handles.
    The chin was on my list as one of the final back attachments to own. The single pulleys will mostly be used by my wife to attach to bands for various exercises, but much more used friendly for that purpose than the cheap and somewhat heavy CAP D-Handles.

Going to be moving some things around on the board for some 2020 planned additions.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't Want None, that shop wall full of cable attachments and accessories looks awesome! It appears you got rid of that piece of crap Lat Saw too, or I don't see it anyway (I'm still trying to get rid of mine lol).

Just wanted to add a quick update, I've been using the fat triceps attachment with 4" globes from Elitefts quite often. It's great for high volume triceps push downs and other various cable movements and there's not much else to say about it other than that it's a cool tool for grip strength and pump work (over priced for what it is, but nice...glad I got one during their sale).

Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Don't Want None, that shop wall full of cable attachments and accessories looks awesome! It appears you got rid of that piece of crap Lat Saw too, or I don't see it anyway (I'm still trying to get rid of mine lol).

Just wanted to add a quick update, I've been using the fat triceps attachment with 4" globes from Elitefts quite often. It's great for high volume triceps push downs and other various cable movements and there's not much else to say about it other than that it's a cool tool for grip strength and pump work (over priced for what it is, but nice...glad I got one during their sale).
    I did! Sold it to a guy who oddly enough watched my review video on it, and decided to buy it anyway. I think he had the Spud Inc cable set up, so he wasn't going to be doing traditional lat pulldowns... he figured it would be his one and only attachment for face pulls, triceps work, etc. I could see it being a very meh jack of all trades attachment if you for some reason had to go that route. But it legit never got used in my gym.

Next up for me is the MAG Medium Neutral, BWTG Bal-Sac attachments, a wrist roller (I use my DIY version attached to my low cable and it is awesome)... and then I'm snagging some shelf attachments for the Wall Control for some belt upgrades and stuff.

It never ends!
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's a hell of a wall!

I had wanted to try the Lat Saw myself (was waiting for a sale) but seems both of you really dislike it.
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    That's a hell of a wall!

I had wanted to try the Lat Saw myself (was waiting for a sale) but seems both of you really dislike it.
    It is pretty terrible for pulldowns as you can't get a full stretch (unless maybe you are extremely short and have a very tall commercial pulldown)... So it is now only used for seated rows and other variations like that. And it just isn't that good at anything that the size and cost justify keeping/using it. I'd take a single MAG over it any day.

Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    I did! Sold it to a guy who oddly enough watched my review video on it, and decided to buy it anyway. I think he had the Spud Inc cable set up, so he wasn't going to be doing traditional lat pulldowns... he figured it would be his one and only attachment for face pulls, triceps work, etc. I could see it being a very meh jack of all trades attachment if you for some reason had to go that route. But it legit never got used in my gym.

Next up for me is the MAG Medium Neutral, BWTG Bal-Sac attachments, a wrist roller (I use my DIY version attached to my low cable and it is awesome)... and then I'm snagging some shelf attachments for the Wall Control for some belt upgrades and stuff.

It never ends!
    BWTG Ball-Sac attachment rocks, the open palm style for grip strength and the lat contraction you get on pulldowns with it is right up there with the MAGs. I've been using the BWTG attachment back in my workout for high volume back work these days, also been hitting the tris with the EFS attachment right after for some pump work.

anyone have any experience with this guy?: https://www.elitefts.com/level-3-tsu...lldown-54.html

I asked around on my Instagram for suggesstions on new attachments and this was the only one that intrigued me.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not with that thing, but I have never bought into any of the 'tsunami' stuff for general weight training. Although, EliteFTS does make one of my absolute favorite pulldown attachments. The Swiss multi-grip was fantastic for supersets, the fat grip seemed a little nicer than the regular grip one for some reason. Which reminds me that I need to buy another LOL, the last one got sold as a package when I bought a new house.

https://www.elitefts.com/swiss-multi...ble-bartm.html
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Not with that thing, but I have never bought into any of the 'tsunami' stuff for general weight training. Although, EliteFTS does make one of my absolute favorite pulldown attachments. The Swiss multi-grip was fantastic for supersets, the fat grip seemed a little nicer than the regular grip one for some reason. Which reminds me that I need to buy another LOL, the last one got sold as a package when I bought a new house.

https://www.elitefts.com/swiss-multi...ble-bartm.html
    What actually intrigues me the most about using the Tsunami cable attachment, is the need to "lock down" whatever you are training to own the weight. Otherwise the bar is going to whip around on you.
    The other potential use is for laying prone on a bench and being able to have it wrap around the bench and get a solid full ROM on rows and stuff.

MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000)
    anyone have any experience with this guy?:

I asked around on my Instagram for suggesstions on new attachments and this was the only one that intrigued me.
    I've had it for 2 months or so. It's definitely keeps the muscles under tension for a longer period of time but to me the grip is too wide. It's not super comfortable on my shoulders. You need to hold withing 3-4" of the edge to get any of the flexibility. If you're not holding the full width of the bar, there is hardly any flex and it doesn't do anything different than a regular pull down bar. I have fairly long arms (standing reach is 21" above my height) and it's a strain on the way down. I can't get as many reps as I'd like but the reps do blast the muscles.

Actually your post reminded me I wanted to pickup the 32" version. I got the multi-light bar as it flexes a lot more than the standard 32" one. Hoping that is more versatile and can be used comfortably for longer sets. I'll update once it arrives.

Originally Posted by MaineBarnLift View Post
    I've had it for 2 months or so. It's definitely keeps the muscles under tension for a longer period of time but to me the grip is too wide. It's not super comfortable on my shoulders. You need to hold withing 3-4" of the edge to get any of the flexibility. If you're not holding the full width of the bar, there is hardly any flex and it doesn't do anything different than a regular pull down bar. I have fairly long arms (standing reach is 21" above my height) and it's a strain on the way down. I can't get as many reps as I'd like but the reps do blast the muscles.

Actually your post reminded me I wanted to pickup the 32" version. I got the multi-light bar as it flexes a lot more than the standard 32" one. Hoping that is more versatile and can be used comfortably for longer sets. I'll update once it arrives.
    Good info, and looking forward to what you think on the new attachment.

MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000) MaineBarnLift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good info, and looking forward to what you think on the new attachment.
    Sorry for the delayed response. I am more a fan of the 32" version. That being said, the tsunami 54" bar has grown on me. I think initially I was loading it up too heavy and not focusing on doing a ton of reps. The pros/cons for both are the same. It's almost like the 54" version is hitting the rotator cuffs just a little too much for me. The 32" feels better but doesn't hit those outside muscles as much.

Pros-
    Can feel the difference with it working auxiliary muscles
    Can see the difference in the muscles it works
    Versatile handles- anything you need a cable grip for, it can be used for (also can use on landmine if you have a hook attachment)
    Tension throughout the movement
    Slow motion feels even more extreme as you're fighting the weight and the flex
    Can go a little deeper into movements are the bar is bending

Cons-
    Need to do more reps and factor in the lower weight. First half dozen or so feel like nothing
    You have to stay engaged mentally and ensure bar bend. If you go quickly through the motion, it's not really working the muscles
    Difference in weights don't feel linear. Sometimes a 10lb jump feels like a lot and other times it doesn't seem like you added/subtracted weight. It's hard to explain.

I think these can be valuable additions to your gym IF you've already gotten a lot of the standard equipment or have plateaued. They feel like they'll break through where you're at. I generally use each bar once (at most twice) a week. I'll use my Maxagrips 2-3 times a week. These normally only get work at the end of a session, to exhaust my muscles.

Like with the tsunami earthquake bar, a superset or three to finish is where you're getting your money's worth.

vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looking for feedback on AB attachments as they are available now

Specifically on US ones or economic ones
    I am looking at 2 attachments ,Press down V bar and seated row chin
    I like knurling on my hands so leaning towards economic ones but of urethane is better then I would like to with USA ones
    UL I think you used both (Economic and USA )right ?

Never used urethane grip ones before
    [M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #35 ▪[M]===[6]

[]------[] York Barbell Club #80 (DD)[]-----[]

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by vhd16 View Post

I like knurling on my hands so leaning towards economic ones but of urethane is better then I would like to with USA ones

I have the cheaper V Bar one. Couldn't be happier. Really nice piece...would qualify as a "high end" item for any other manufacturer. Would happily buy again. I see no reason to ever change or swap it out.

For reference I have 4 MAG attachments and an assortment of other pieces, rope/cheap V bar/single handle etc...
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000) vhd16 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by C123C View Post
    I have the cheaper V Bar one. Couldn't be happier. Really nice piece...would qualify as a "high end" item for any other manufacturer. Would happily buy again. I see no reason to ever change or swap it out.

For reference I have 4 MAG attachments and an assortment of other pieces, rope/cheap V bar/single handle etc...
    On V bar I am leaning towards that
    as I might get the urethane Row chin handle from a forum member.
    But if the urethane one is better then I would go with it.

I do have following attachments

1. 2 mag grips
    2. Rogue SS lat pull down bar

3 The following came with the machine (Body solid)

V bar which gets used a lot and need to upgrade , straight handle which I like ,rope is ok ,one hand pull down and pull down which I do not like
    [M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #35 ▪[M]===[6]

[]------[] York Barbell Club #80 (DD)[]-----[]

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)

I have the american made ones and I love them (both v bar and seated row). Not sure how much difference from the economic however other than urethane which is nice but not worth all that extra cost.
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    After using my FT2 for a couple weeks, I’m seeing a need for something a bit different. I picked up a couple of nice fat grip style cable attachments from Watson in the UK (double D and a single V) and went to use the double D on my rows this morning, which is when I noticed a challenge.

When I row (seated position on the ground, using the lowest pulleys) the cables want to come too close together at the end (most forward) position of the row. That means the cables try to come off the pulleys and no longer pull smoothly. It’s fine for the majority of the row, just not the end.

I’m wondering if you guys have seen, for this or any other functional trainer, a sort of "spacer". Something like a short bar, maybe 6 inches or so, that I could connect a cable to at each end, and then in the middle on the opposite side connect a single attachment to. Do such things exist, and if so, what are they called? My google-fu isn’t giving me any useful results in this area...

Thanks!
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post
    After using my FT2 for a couple weeks, I’m seeing a need for something a bit different. I picked up a couple of nice fat grip style cable attachments from Watson in the UK (double D and a single V) and went to use the double D on my rows this morning, which is when I noticed a challenge.

When I row (seated position on the ground, using the lowest pulleys) the cables want to come too close together at the end (most forward) position of the row. That means the cables try to come off the pulleys and no longer pull smoothly. It’s fine for the majority of the row, just not the end.

I’m wondering if you guys have seen, for this or any other functional trainer, a sort of "spacer". Something like a short bar, maybe 6 inches or so, that I could connect a cable to at each end, and then in the middle on the opposite side connect a single attachment to. Do such things exist, and if so, what are they called? My google-fu isn’t giving me any useful results in this area...

Thanks!
    The bottom 2 pullies were made to use the bench leg extensions . I use the slightly wider pullies above those for seated rows. They are wider so better for less binding.

For pulling ,I like using my bench(at different inclines) with footrest and use the top position pullies as they pivot. Adds variety

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Asjogren View Post
    The bottom 2 pullies were made to use the bench leg extensions . I use the slightly wider pullies above those for seated rows. They are wider so better for less binding.

For pulling ,I like using my bench(at different inclines) with footrest and use the top position pullies as they pivot. Adds variety
    Right - but regardless of the bottom pulleys that I use (need to use the higher ones if you want the foot pad bar in anyway) you still have the same problem if you’re trying to hook them to a single double D attachment.

I found that it actually works best to lock in the bench and then sit at the far end of that, facing the bench, using the cables that would normally attach to the leg curl attachment. But you still have the same problem to an extent there, it’s just a little less because there’s natural slack in the cable when you start from that position.
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Mag grips has shut down for covid-19. Wondering if anyone knows of a good medium grip or wide grip cable attachment for landmine T-bar rows. Saw the elitefts multigrip which looks interesting. I use a double d handle currently but I want to hit more traps, upper back and rear delta than my lats and middle of my back.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Corbets View Post

Thanks!
    I know exactly what you're looking for, I've never seen one commercially available, I remember Mech making at least one of these for forum member Hardgains, but he hasn't been around for a while.

I can't imagine it would be a difficult DIY project, a length of flat steel plate, say 50mmx6mm, cut to length and drill 3 holes, it may be a good idea to drill the 2 outer holes a little off centre, then drill the middle hole off centre, but opposite to the outer holes..

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dragon360 View Post
    I have the american made ones and I love them (both v bar and seated row). Not sure how much difference from the economic however other than urethane which is nice but not worth all that extra cost.
    These are the two I have as well, the American made ones are pricey but well worth it to me for a few reasons. The thickness on the v-bar is more comfortable, the urethane has excellent grip (economy is crazy mild knurling), and the angle isn't as steep which targets the biceps/triceps better IMHO. It's a little strange though because the economy line actually feels heavier duty than the American versions I have used, it's the difference of solid steel vs high grade aluminum (I think). The original GP Cable attachments were the best of both worlds. Higher quality steel and the urethane handles were flush set into the attachment.

Versus the old.....

Flush with the handle which was a nice touch.

Last edited by urbanlifter; 03-31-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I know exactly what you're looking for, I've never seen one commercially available, I remember Mech making at least one of these for forum member Hardgains, but he hasn't been around for a while.

I can't imagine it would be a difficult DIY project, a length of flat steel plate, say 50mmx6mm, cut to length and drill 3 holes, it may be a good idea to drill the 2 outer holes a little off centre, then drill the middle hole off centre, but opposite to the outer holes..
    Thanks. On spread or I’d rep.

Sadly, my DIY skills hit a hard stop after assembling the functional trainer; anything beyond that and it’s time to call in the pros. I know nothing about metal working, nor do I have any tools for such. But I’m going to keep it as a back pocket option that I simply pay someone to craft it for me. There’s gotta be a guy or two in my neck of the woods with that kind of skill set and looking for a little extra income!

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    These are the two I have as well, the American made ones are pricey but well worth it to me for a few reasons. The thickness on the v-bar is more comfortable, the urethane has excellent grip (economy is crazy mild knurling), and the angle isn't as steep which targets the biceps/triceps better IMHO. It's a little strange though because the economy line actually feels heavier duty than the American versions I have used, it's the difference of solid steel vs high grade aluminum (I think). The original GP Cable attachments were the best of both worlds. Higher quality steel and the urethane handles were flush set into the attachment.

Versus the old.....

Flush with the handle which was a nice touch.

Those are nice. Apparently I can never find those for sale because you own them all.. LOl..

On V bar I am leaning towards that
    as I might get the urethane Row chin handle from a forum member.
    But if the urethane one is better then I would go with it.

I do have following attachments

1. 2 mag grips
    2. Rogue SS lat pull down bar

3 The following came with the machine (Body solid)

V bar which gets used a lot and need to upgrade , straight handle which I like ,rope is ok ,one hand pull down and pull down which I do not like
    Hey vhd16. Did you end up ordering anything? I'm also debating between the economy and US made ones. I tried calling a week or so ago and their phone system is shutdown because of the insanity. Was trying to find out if the 3-4 week extra lead time on the US versions was longer.

If you ordered, what'd you go with? Have they arrived yet? If not, did they give you an estimate? And most importantly, you liking what you ordered???

If I don't end up ordering from AB (looking at the V-bar and chinning handle), I think I'll order something non-custom from Black Widow. Looking at the thick grip tricep or close grip row 3x2 handles. Although the 3size round grip trainers are intriguing. Anyone have experience with those specific pieces? I have 3 bars from Black Widow and know Dean does an amazing job.

Originally Posted by MaineBarnLift View Post
    Hey vhd16. Did you end up ordering anything? I'm also debating between the economy and US made ones. I tried calling a week or so ago and their phone system is shutdown because of the insanity. Was trying to find out if the 3-4 week extra lead time on the US versions was longer.

If you ordered, what'd you go with? Have they arrived yet? If not, did they give you an estimate? And most importantly, you liking what you ordered???

If I don't end up ordering from AB (looking at the V-bar and chinning handle), I think I'll order something non-custom from Black Widow. Looking at the thick grip tricep or close grip row 3x2 handles. Although the 3size round grip trainers are intriguing. Anyone have experience with those specific pieces? I have 3 bars from Black Widow and know Dean does an amazing job.
    While I'm not vhd, I do own both versions of the chinning handle and the both are built nicely...the steel version is a bit heavier with 1" passively knurled grips with an eyelet that you can pull a truck with! The eyelet moves quite smoothly left and right on the steel version.

The aluminum version is much lighter in hand with nice urethane with a pointed out dots style grooved grips with the AB logo engraved on them as well, eyelet is the same and moves just slightly less loose left to right than the steel version.

Both are nice in my opinion and you can't really go wrong spending more, or less for either version as those two in particular are similar attachments.

The aluminum V-bar on the other hand is totally awesome and I find use of it for cable curls, triceps pressdowns and reverse high pulley triceps pressdowns.