Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Would love to see more love in this thread! Seems like 90% of the attachments are all very similar so I know it is not the most riveting topic. I ordered the Hog Leg Sub Primal thick curl bar attachment, 2 single rope end handles and a few generic ankle cuff attachments. Will play around with them and report on the Hog Leg attachment. I have the Mag lat attachment and it is awesome, wanted to see what else was available in unique arm attachments. The single rope handles should be good for iso lateral tricep work using both arms of the functional trainer.
    Attached Images

vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I bought a ton of cable attachments. Here is one I like that I haven't seen discussed in this thread yet: Troy Supra Butterfly. I play sports (beer leagues) and get banged up regularly. When I have an injured forearm, this is a life-saver. I also grab it often when not injured. The attachment seems to remove any uncomfortable angles for me when doing tri-pushdowns. It's expensive however @ around $100. They also make wider ones, I haven't tried those.

http://www.amazon.com/Troy-Barbell-S.../dp/B00UNTFAEO

HealthNutMD also sent me a simple Panetta tricep attachment that seems to be designed perfectly.
    Last edited by vtshep1; 04-18-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    I have the Mag lat attachment and it is awesome
    I'm curios on these guys. I almost always use straps when doing back work. Is there a significant difference between straps on a basic lat attachment (similar to whatever model you get from mag) and a mag attachment? What am I missing between the two that I should drop the $80 or so?

I've got two ankle cuffs from APT, but I use them for reverse hypers and what not off my ghd (with chains).

I'm hoping to grab the lat saw for a gift in the next couple of months.

My other idea, is to use my rope tie anchor for my battle ropes, to connect other bars like my edge football to my tower. We will see if that works, or its just stupid.
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by vtshep1 View Post
    I bought a ton of cable attachments. Here is one I like that I haven't seen discussed in this thread yet: Troy Supra Butterfly. I play sports (beer leagues) and get banged up regularly. When I have an injured forearm, this is a life-saver. I also grab it often when not injured. The attachment seems to remove any uncomfortable angles for me when doing tri-pushdowns. It's expensive however @ around $100. They also make wider ones, I haven't tried those.

http://www.amazon.com/Troy-Barbell-S.../dp/B00UNTFAEO

HealthNutMD also sent me a simple Panetta tricep attachment that seems to be designed perfectly.
    Can the Troy be used for anything but triceps? That's what every review mentions, but I'm thinking it's doable for curls, lats, etc?
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    I'm curios on these guys. I almost always use straps when doing back work. Is there a significant difference between straps on a basic lat attachment (similar to whatever model you get from mag) and a mag attachment? What am I missing between the two that I should drop the $80 or so?

I've got two ankle cuffs from APT, but I use them for reverse hypers and what not off my ghd (with chains).

I'm hoping to grab the lat saw for a gift in the next couple of months.

My other idea, is to use my rope tie anchor for my battle ropes, to connect other bars like my edge football to my tower. We will see if that works, or its just stupid.
    It definitely feels different then a regular Lat bar with straps. Hard to explain but it feels like it is isolating the last themselves a little better. Obviously there is still bicep and shoulder involvement, but it feels less so. I just have one, a medium width but will be adding at least one narrow row type MAG

... So anyone know anything about these LPG Hog Legs?? I got one coming so I'll do a full review soon!

Good to know. On my list then 😁

vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vtshep1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Can the Troy be used for anything but triceps? That's what every review mentions, but I'm thinking it's doable for curls, lats, etc?
    Curls: yes, it is like a hammer curl but palms turned down slightly, it rotates through the motion which is nice
    Lat pulldown: yes, it is like a close grip but again at a suponated (pronated?) angle...it doesn't rotate through the motion (doesn't need to)

Originally Posted by vtshep1 View Post
    Curls: yes, it is like a hammer curl but palms turned down slightly, it rotates through the motion which is nice
    Lat pulldown: yes, it is like a close grip but again at a suponated (pronated?) angle...it doesn't rotate through the motion (doesn't need to)
    That's good to know that the Troy attachment works well, I always thought they were gimmickry when I saw them online. Would you say the rotation of the Palm during the movement improves the exercise your doing? I also noticed they make a few width versions. Do they feel hi quality and solid in construction? The pics I have seen don't show the connection fir the cable, does it rotate? Sometimes attachments that have fixed eye loops have a off balance feel when using them for different movements where the eye isn't lined up directly to the point of resistance

Added a few new cable attachments to the mix, items that are primarily intended to use with my functional trainer. I ordered a set of ankle cuffs for leg and ab work and a pair of rope attachments for single arm work. Here are the angle cuffs. They were $10.00 a pair. I have not used them yet but the material is very heavy duty nylon with a layer of foam padding. These were only $10. Ea. And amazingly there were one of the more expensive ones offered. These types of cuffs go fir as little as $6.99 a pair for cheapies. I'll report back after some use.

http://www.amazon.com/Contraband-Bla...ilpage_o02_s00
    Attached Images

These are the rope attachments. The rope itself is the same thickness and quality as my regular dual hand rope attachment but the eye for hooking into the caribe net seems cheap. As long as they hold up though I don't see a problem. They do not rotate like the dual hand attachment but with this style handle there is no benifit to that. They were $14.00 each so not expensive. There were several other ones offered but they mostly all seem the same and I figured are made in the same factory.

http://www.amazon.com/MESHA-Tricep-R...ilpage_o04_s00

I have a few other attachments coming, I'll report on these when I post the other items
    Attached Images

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Haven't been on in a while, good to see this thread making a bit of a revival. Hardgains, those single triceps ropes are very different, are you using them for back cable crossovers on the functional trainer? I'm trying to visualize how these are used on the functional trainer since I've never used that type of machine before.

billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10) billo405 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by uforce View Post
    guys, didn't realize this was an attachments thread. but, what are some cheap ways to get cables into my home gym? is the spud inc econo worth the $85? seems like i could make it cheaper....
    I have the Spud Inc. high pulley attachment and really like it. You can hang it from your rack but I have it off of the center beam in the basement. The pulley is VERY smooth and rated for over 500lbs. They pulley itsealf sells for $30. I would buy it again but I will buy the low pulley and cable separate.

dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) dpadilla4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by billo405 View Post
    I have the Spud Inc. high pulley attachment and really like it. You can hang it from your rack but I have it off of the center beam in the basement. The pulley is VERY smooth and rated for over 500lbs. They pulley itsealf sells for $30. I would buy it again but I will buy the low pulley and cable separate.
    Does the lower pulley and econo pulley package include the same cable? It looks like the only difference are the attachments. Does anyone know, thanks.

Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    That's good to know that the Troy attachment works well, I always thought they were gimmickry when I saw them online. Would you say the rotation of the Palm during the movement improves the exercise your doing? I also noticed they make a few width versions. Do they feel hi quality and solid in construction? The pics I have seen don't show the connection fir the cable, does it rotate? Sometimes attachments that have fixed eye loops have a off balance feel when using them for different movements where the eye isn't lined up directly to the point of resistance
    The connection for the cable doesn't rotate. The build quality is very solid. I honestly don't know if the rotation adds to the exercise, but it takes away the off balance feel you mention above. I can take pictures of it this weekend if that will help.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just ordered this one. Had to go right to the Cybex site. Cambered tricep bar. Part number: 51013. Was my favorite bar when going to the gym.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Greybird2; 04-28-2016 at 09:25 AM.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Just ordered this one. Had to go right to the Cybex site. Cambered tricep bar. Part number: 51013. Was my favorite bar when going to the gym.
    Looks like a good addition. I like having multiple options.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Looks like a good addition. I like having multiple options.
    That bar is your fault irongrandpa. I saw that cybex bar on your rebuilt lat pulldown. Cybex bars are simple, but the angles and padding are right.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That bar is your fault irongrandpa. I saw that cybex bar on your rebuilt lat pulldown. Cybex bars are simple, but the angles and padding are right.
    The short straight bar came with the free CL pickup also. The angles on the lat bar are what I like better than my original and the grips feel great, happy to help you out.
    Now OK for Sig line to be a novel

Did a couple of sets with the Cybex bar. My new favorite. Here is a comparison picture.
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Haven't been on in a while, good to see this thread making a bit of a revival. Hardgains, those single triceps ropes are very different, are you using them for back cable crossovers on the functional trainer? I'm trying to visualize how these are used on the functional trainer since I've never used that type of machine before.
    Sorry Deep Voiced, I missed the question. So these are definitely for 1 arm / hand work. Ideally on a functional trainer so you can do both sides at the same time. Your guess of back cable cross over (I call it rear delt reverse fly) is spot on the money. These things excel on this exercise and really let you focus on the sometimes hard to isolate muscle. i also used them for lying french presses (setting the arms of the FT ground level, slightly behind my head and then lying flat on a bench. They probably would be equally well suited for seated tricep extensions. If you like using a rope for biceps (I never cared for the movement) these would work well also. it essentially allows for a neutral type grip. They probably don't work as well on conventional Functional trainers that don't allow the pulleys to be adjusted closer together. I find they feel best set about 25-30" apart or less.

Did a couple of sets with the Cybex bar. My new favorite. Here is a comparison picture.
    So I keep hearing about these great tricep bars, first the Panetta and now this one with looks similar. I have a few of the standard ones, I never thought there was a big benefit or difference to small angle differences, but there seems to be. Would you say it is a noticeable improvement over the standard V shaped tricep attachments? How much was it ordered from the Cybex site, i may have to grab one.

Is their a picture of the Panetta bar somewhere? The Cybex was $42. Not bad. The V angle is a little less less and your hands go down to the curved up part. Maybe another 1 1/2 -2 inches on each side. I never use the Vbar because I hate the way it pinches my hand. I wish I got this before the VTX bar.

Is their a picture of the Panetta bar somewhere? The Cybex was $42. Not bad. The V angle is a little less less and your hands go down to the curved up part. Maybe another 1 1/2 -2 inches on each side. I never use the Vbar because I hate the way it pinches my hand. I wish I got this before the VTX bar.
    Unfortunately it's buried deep in the "cost no object thread" by Healthnutmd
    i saw it but can't find it again. I remember it looking like the cybex in terms of angles and shape. I have a few v type cable attachments with different angles, none exactly like the cybex though.
    Note: just went and looked, I really don't have one that close to it. The closest I have would besides the v handle is a close row attachment that has a swivel eye ( makes sense if you look at picture) that I sometimes use fir triceps, and the inner grip portion of the fat curl bar. That piece may be my next tricep piece!
    Attached Images

Anyone have any experience with this bar... http://www.elitefts.com/shop/accesso...eader-bar.html

I'm really curios about this description: This attachment can be hooked onto to lower cable station of any standard cable system, isolating the arm and chest muscles.

How does it hook to a low row and hit chest?

Anyone have any experience with this bar... http://www.elitefts.com/shop/accesso...eader-bar.html

I'm really curios about this description: This attachment can be hooked onto to lower cable station of any standard cable system, isolating the arm and chest muscles.

How does it hook to a low row and hit chest?
    I have seen similar ones advertised and have wondered how it works, I wish they had a video or actual useful description

Well, Spud has a 10% off deal running right now for Father's Day, so I pulled the trigger on the Lat Saw: http://www.southcarolinabarbell.com/Lat-Saw-Equip17/

I'll post updates/pics when it arrives, but I'm thinking this will get used for Back, Biceps, and Triceps work...

I got this Troy tricep bar a couple days ago. The other one is a Cybex that was my current favorite. Turns out the motion that the Troy allows doesn't kill my forearms like the Cybex was doing. Tricep bars need to spin.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Greybird2; 07-21-2016 at 07:07 AM.

FWIW. The bar with the rubber sucks. (longer one, not the Cybex) Angles are correct, good feel, but the rubber now spins. Bar is smooth underneath. Waste of money. I am probably going to order a knurled one.
    Attached Images

FWIW. The bar with the rubber sucks. (longer one, not the Cybex) Angles are correct, good feel, but the rubber now spins. Bar is smooth underneath. Waste of money. I am probably going to order a knurled one.
    I am looking for one like the rubber one, but obviously not with rubber grip that doesn't hold up, so knurled is ideal. What are you going to get Greybird? I would like one similar.

This one. $45 on Amazon. Says its a Troy. Same length. Angles appear to be the same.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Greybird2; 07-21-2016 at 09:28 AM.