Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Back to bumping this thread and bringing it back, so I received my Powertec lat machine last week and took it up to the attic piece by piece (amazon did an excellent job with shipping and the packaging was mint. Just yesterday I received my AB rowing handle and it is quite impressive in real life built to last, It's so heavy-duty in real life and in feel that I could honestly say I have no regrets spending a bit more for it (And to add to it, AB does an excellent job with packaging taped up and secured all over...I took out the leatherman to hack through all the heavy tape securing it lol). I'll have to wait to put the lat machine together until after X-mas, but I've been rearranging some other pieces that are upstairs to make room for it when I'm able to get some free time. Pics to follow a little bit later today on the rowing handle.
    Very interested in your review when you get it. I think it is probably the go to budget option and I don't recall any reviews on it. Did you get it with weight stack or just plate horns?

dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dailob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by swimmer32 View Post
    I don't have pics on this computer - but I've picked up a handful of attachments from Power Systems the last two years. They usually have a 40% off sale at some point during the year so I've gotten them pretty cheap.

http://www.power-systems.com/s-419-c...ments.aspx#top
    i wouldnt get the premium revolving low pulley bar

http://www.power-systems.com/p-3198-...ulley-bar.aspx

i have that same exact one and i failed to noticed the bulge in the middle where the swivel is. I wanted to get it for some close grip landmine rows but it turns out that the bar sits on either the right or left side of the bulge.

the positive thing about it is that i find the rubber grip to be useful.
    100% 中國人

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hardgains88 View Post
    Very interested in your review when you get it. I think it is probably the go to budget option and I don't recall any reviews on it. Did you get it with weight stack or just plate horns?

Just the plate horns for now, but I definitely want to add the weight stack to it soon. While it isn't fully assembled yet everything looks very durable and nice at this level of residential pulldowns (The gloss black paint will probably scratch a bit here and there, but no big deal...Shouldn't have too many contact points). I decided on the powertec because of it's bolt-together feature when bringing it up to the attic and also to get both plate loaded and weight stack capabilities and to get the low-row rather than the mid-row (It's also the most budget friendly for this type of machine when doing some research...Actually this newer model was cheaper on amazon than the 2013 model I seen at the equipment warehouse).

I'll definitely try to put together a review of it and the handle when it's all together and situated.

inside the box thinker CliveWarren's Avatar
    CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000) CliveWarren is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd really like to see a glossary for cable attachments. It's tough to know what the names are and which are best suited for specific movements. It took me a while of Googling to find that the double handle rowing attachment is called a "Chinning Triangle". I mean, I cant imagine anyone doing chin-ups with one, so why not Double D-handle as a better moniker?
    Clive, you're a good guy. - AttyGuy

()---() York Barbell Club #62 (DD) ()---()
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #67 ▪█─────█▪

Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CliveWarren View Post
    I'd really like to see a glossary for cable attachments. It's tough to know what the names are and which are best suited for specific movements. It took me a while of Googling to find that the double handle rowing attachment is called a "Chinning Triangle". I mean, I cant imagine anyone doing chin-ups with one, so why not Double D-handle as a better moniker?

Good idea Clive, Let's make this thread not only a buyer's guide, but sort of a glossary as well. I'm just learning about some of the different names/variations of handles as well, but know a few different names...Maybe someone who has had these pieces and knows all their better known names and details of which muscle group they specialize in can either list them in detail in a post, or PM me a decent complete list with all the attachments better known names and I'll copy/paste it on the original post of this thread for it to be read and of course give credit to the person who contributes the info.

Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hardgains88 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just the plate horns for now, but I definitely want to add the weight stack to it soon. While it isn't fully assembled yet everything looks very durable and nice at this level of residential pulldowns (The gloss black paint will probably scratch a bit here and there, but no big deal...Shouldn't have too many contact points). I decided on the powertec because of it's bolt-together feature when bringing it up to the attic and also to get both plate loaded and weight stack capabilities and to get the low-row rather than the mid-row (It's also the most budget friendly for this type of machine when doing some research...Actually this newer model was cheaper on amazon than the 2013 model I seen at the equipment warehouse).

I'll definitely try to put together a review of it and the handle when it's all together and situated.
    Here's what I'm curious about once you do have it all set up,
    1) how sturdy is it and does it have much movement or sway when using it
    2) how smooth is the weights and dual colum design
    3) does it allow you any stretch at the top

I currently have an older body solid weight stack with high and low row. It's attached to a half rack with a smith behind the half rack. It is pretty good, and reasonably smooth. It uses the dual metal rods like yours but the carriage/ stack design is not as nice. I pretty much use the set up 90 % for the low and high cable since I have a rogue rack also. I occasionally will set up something on the half rack if I'm super setting or every once in a while do something like hip thrusts with the smith and a bench but otherwise it is only used for the lat function. It is big and not ideal because I have to use a bench with leg hold downs positioned manually, so would like to eventually replace it. Just don't want to wind up with something less stable. Let me know your thoughts when you get it all set up. Repped for your trouble!

Here is my MAG attachment. I am including a close up of the finish. It's a tough Bedliner type finish that seems very durable. The metal plate the attachment is cut from is very heavy duty,didn't bother to measure ill guess 1/4 inch? I can. Measure later if it's of interest. The finish gives very good grip but this is not as necessary as with a standard attachment. Your palms and hand hold the handles as opposed to fingers. I don't feel any grip failure before the target muscle fatigues. The muscle feel and contraction is excellent, different then any other attachment I have used. It works well fir pull downs and rows. They make it in a narrow,medium (this is medium) and wider version. Then each one except the widest one is available with neutral, overhand and underhand versions. They all seem to receive good reviews. I plan on adding a narrower grip one soon.
    Attached Images

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I REALLY like the look of MAG attachments, if I ever cheat on AB it will be with MAG. I need a good low row with a wider grip.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Here is my MAG attachment. I am including a close up of the finish. It's a tough Bedliner type finish that seems very durable. The metal plate the attachment is cut from is very heavy duty,didn't bother to measure ill guess 1/4 inch? I can. Measure later if it's of interest. The finish gives very good grip but this is not as necessary as with a standard attachment. Your palms and hand hold the handles as opposed to fingers. I don't feel any grip failure before the target muscle fatigues. The muscle feel and contraction is excellent, different then any other attachment I have used. It works well fir pull downs and rows. They make it in a narrow,medium (this is medium) and wider version. Then each one except the widest one is available with neutral, overhand and underhand versions. They all seem to receive good reviews. I plan on adding a narrower grip one soon.

Thanks for the details and information on the texture of these handles, When I did some browsing I seen a video on the wide MAG grip attachment and really like how it can be used for the wider grip low row and from what they claim it is natural for behind the neck pulldowns without any strain on the neck and shoulders. I think after I get some of the basic attachments covered I would look into a few of these MAG attachments myself.

smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    what one is that the neutral, supinate or pronate?

i just ordered the sup and pro close grip, and medium neutral grip, waiting for them now.
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]

swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) swimmer32 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dailob View Post
    i wouldnt get the premium revolving low pulley bar

http://www.power-systems.com/p-3198-...ulley-bar.aspx

i have that same exact one and i failed to noticed the bulge in the middle where the swivel is. I wanted to get it for some close grip landmine rows but it turns out that the bar sits on either the right or left side of the bulge.

the positive thing about it is that i find the rubber grip to be useful.
    I do have that attachment and really like it - but you are right, not for landmine rows if you are going to set it under the bar. My work around for that was to wrap a piece of chain around the bar (I used a squat bad to protect the bar) and then hook the attachment on top of the bar. That solved my problem and it worked well. I have since bought a landmine attachment so I don't use it for landmine rows anymore. It's my "go to" attachment for cable rows though.
    STAND TALL AND SHAKE THE HEAVENS!!

"Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own." - 1 Corinthians 6:19

▪█─-─█▪ Equipment Crew #71 ▪█─-─█▪
    []---[] York Barbell Club #32 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #66 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #6 ||---||

Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    what one is that the neutral, supinate or pronate?

i just ordered the sup and pro close grip, and medium neutral grip, waiting for them now.
    So the one shown is the neutral grip medium. It's a good all around bar. I'm very interested in wich of the narrow grips you prefer when you receive them. I'll probably wait to see which one you prefer before getting a narrow grip one since I just want to order one, so post your thoughts after trying if you can.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is one I've been wanting to try from Spud. Thinking the ability to quickly do a "mechanical drop set" so to speak from outside to inside would be nasty on the back:
    http://www.southcarolinabarbell.com/Lat-Saw-Equip17/
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

Originally Posted by Dont Want None View Post
    This is one I've been wanting to try from Spud. Thinking the ability to quickly do a "mechanical drop set" so to speak from outside to inside would be nasty on the back:
    http://www.southcarolinabarbell.com/Lat-Saw-Equip17/

Whoa!!! That's one sick lat attachment!!! Reminds me of the type of straps Mr.T/Clubber Lang used in Rocky 3 when doing neutral grip pull-ups. Neutral grip is my favorite way to attack the back and forearms on pull-ups on my rack so this would be an awesome addition to the lat machine...Maybe when tax season arrives perhaps I might treat myself.

vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    EliteFTS Swiss Multi Grip Cable Bar Attachment

Another great cable attachment for supersetting, I mainly use this bar for pulldowns and its worth every penny. It's the highest quality powdercoating I have seen anywhere (putting BWTG and Edge Fitness to shame), its very coarse and provides excellent grip. However I would be afraid to attempt low rows with this if your pulley is low to the ground, dragging this bad boy up your shins would be a VERY unpleasant experience.

I have both EliteFTS attachments, and BWTG, and I'm sorry but the EliteFTS welding and powder coat is nowhere near the level of BWTG. Here is a pic of the Lat Assassin from BWTG, and later I'll post a pick of my EliteFTS t-bar handle showing the misalignment and poor welds that p*sses me off every time I use it!

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    big fan of the mag grips. They seem to get the most usage lately. Also like the Gp Industries trace attachment. would like to get more of their stuff in the future too. bought a few landmine bar attachments too that I like. I can try to take some closeup shot later.

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post

Damn looks like a shop wall!
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

Gray Matter Lifting Dont Want None's Avatar
    Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dont Want None is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bought a few landmine bar attachments too that I like.
    I actually bought the Proloc 2 Collars for my chains, as well as to have a nice set of compression collars. Figured out that I can throw them on my landmine bar, and double use my attachments from my cables.

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-proloc-2-collars-pair
    My personal motto is Better than Yesterday. This defines who I am, my view of the world, and my goals in life. Each day, I try to be a little better than I was the day before. A little smarter, a little stronger, a little happier.

On social media as Gray Matter Lifting

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vonschnapps View Post
    I have both EliteFTS attachments, and BWTG, and I'm sorry but the EliteFTS welding and powder coat is nowhere near the level of BWTG. Here is a pic of the Lat Assassin from BWTG, and later I'll post a pick of my EliteFTS t-bar handle showing the misalignment and poor welds that p*sses me off every time I use it!
    I'll take some pictures comparing as well, do you have the older version or the newer versions of the Elite FTS? They changed the design within the past couple years, the old powder coating is different than the new. The new is more rough and provides better grip that it did before.

(Previous Pictures)

New Version:

Old Version:

Last edited by urbanlifter; 12-23-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

big fan of the mag grips. They seem to get the most usage lately. Also like the Gp Industries trace attachment. would like to get more of their stuff in the future too. bought a few landmine bar attachments too that I like. I can try to take some closeup shot later.

That's impressive indeed, Thanks for contributing and repped! Those MAG grips are a small fortune...It's seems like a good idea to get mainly neutral grips first when starting the set since then the user gets slightly the best of both grips technically, Then would be better off to continue on to the pronate and supinate grips.

How is that AB triceps handle? Looks cool, can it work for overhead triceps cable extensions?

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's impressive indeed, Thanks for contributing and repped! Those MAG grips are a small fortune...It's seems like a good idea to get mainly neutral grips first when starting the set since then the user gets slightly the best of both grips technically, Then would be better off to continue on to the pronate and supinate grips.

How is that AB triceps handle? Looks cool, can it work for overhead triceps cable extensions?
    Thanks. yes the MAG grips add up in price when you buy a few. but I really like them. I agree start with buying neutral grip first to see how they feel and if you like them ( you never know). The AB handle I do use for tricep extensions of the lat pulldown machine. Another rock solid performer, but again kinda pricey.

vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vonschnapps has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    I'll take some pictures comparing as well, do you have the older version or the newer versions of the Elite FTS? They changed the design within the past couple years, the old powder coating is different than the new. The new is more rough and provides better grip that it did before.

I think I have the newer version. Now I have the SSB that everyone complains about the weld and paint quality, but mine is fine. So at least my feeling is that EliteFTS is inconsistent. There is a subtle difference however between EliteFTS quality and BWTG that I've noticed. On land mine attachments you slide your attachment on the sleeve of your bar. The attachment (say t-bar row) is made from welded pipe. On the EliteFTS attachments the interior pipe weld is visible (slightly ground down, but still scratches the bar sleeve). On the BWTG attachments, this interior weld is ground flush with the ID of the pipe, so no damage to the bar sleeve. Now I use a beater bar for my landmine attachments so no big deal, but that interior weld treatment is a tell tale sign of attention to detail. No Chinese manufacturer (e.g., Body Solid on my vertical bar holder stand) bothers with cleaning up that weld protrusion, it's not really visible. So it's actually a sign of workmanship that is evident in the BWTG stuff that gives me a better feeling for the quality of their stuff.

Merry Christmas everyone and a holly jolly Lift-Mass. So as I'm spending time with the family and crashing down a bit from all the food and desserts and after opening some gifts (Got a bit of money from my sisters), I was thinking of adding another attachment to the new machine. Just for fun to add to this thread, what would you vote as the best next piece in your opinion and why? Out of these choices would it be: The MAG grip wide handle (Not sure of the grip on this one looks neutral in the video, or maybe pronated), The MAG grip medium neutral grip, Spud Inc. Lat Saw (Although this one is a bit of a hit price wise), or American Barbell parallel grip bent pulldown bar.

I probably should get the AB solid V-bar pressdown since it is an upgrade above the default short bar powertec offers and I already got the low row handle from AB, but I'm intrigued by the many doors to open on other ways to hit the back lol so another back attachment will most likely be the choice out of those listed above.

Back to the boards with a quick update, I have the lat machine almost finished (Will probably finish building it today) and will post some pics soon and I'll let you know about any front to back, or side to side wobble issues Hardgains. I'll also give some impressions on the attachments as well.

Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Malve1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

That IS a sweet set up. Rest of the gym must be primo too. Have you posted pics of the whole gym?

This is a great thread, I think when all is done, I may lose my "tool real estate" on my peg board:

peg board.jpg

Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000) Xone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All the GP/American Barbell stuff is awesome. +1 on the V tricep bar I have the stainless handle version
    435/259/551 S/B/D @ 197

Back folks, Sorry for the procrastination I finally found some time to put it together...but here she is (The new lat machine with the default lat bar and short bar and placed above is the GP rowing handle)...

Here's what I'm curious about once you do have it all set up,
    1) how sturdy is it and does it have much movement or sway when using it
    2) how smooth is the weights and dual colum design
    3) does it allow you any stretch at the top

1) It is very sturdy front to back (No issues what so ever from what I see, or felt during the movements). There's also a foot plate at the bottom for assurance that there is no movement during standing low row movements, The only sway I see with this that is noticeable is left and right (Probably because of the machine being narrow and tall) but no worries, or alarm with it tipping...It actually has bolt holes at the rear feet too should for some reason you want to attach it to a concrete floor, but there really is no problem in my opinion with this movement.

2) The weight horns slide on the guide rods nice and smooth, but with a little sound (This is where it would be nice to give it some shots of silicone spray which I haven't done yet cause I gotta go pick some up). When weighted I feel it is fine and evenly distributed as well (I do need to get some better plates for this machine though just like I did for my garage/power rack setup...The machine is running on TSA plates right now...I wanna upgrade those for at least a better accuracy bunch of plates).

3) I'm 5'8" and I get a good stretch at the top (From what I hear these newer models are more user friendly for the taller crowd as well).

Hope that helps and if you have any other questions feel free to ask, I'm gonna get more in depth with some info on the machine as well...Maybe I should make a separate thread for that though so I don't derail/stray too far away from the cable attachments on this thread.

Just wanted to update the Cable Attachments section with some new handles I just received today. I ordered a single D-handle by X-mark and it came with two in a set...The shipping from amazon was faster than the arrival date (Was expected Feb 9, or 12) and free shipping which was awesome. These attachments are built well from this company the handles are nice and have rotating rubber grips on the handles which spin nicely...I tried these out with single handed movements, but in my opinion they shine when hooking them both up as you get a deep stretch at the bottom and pull apart action that makes it feel more natural.

I've tried these for cable face pulls (Since I don't have a rope, or band yet) and the movement feels quite natural (Could possibly have a deeper stretch/pull apart for this movement, but this is the only way I tried this movement so far and it feels pretty good to me)...Anyways enough rambling here's some pics...

Was almost going to start a new thread for this but then remembered this thread. I have been looking around at new cable options since my functional trainer came in the other day. One of the items i was looking for is a curling cable bar, I have the CAP but don't like the angles as they are not pronounced enough and too narrow for me. Theres a troy USA one that looks to have better angles but I read mixed reviews.

Then I came across LPG Muscle, a specialty company they make USA made accessories and they have a really cool looking line of thick cable bar attachments called Hog Legs. The only review I can find here is an old one Keetman wrote a few years back on some of there other products, he raves about the company by the way. Check out there Hog Leg attachments.

http://www.lpgmuscle.com/product-cat...at-cable-bars/

They have lots of stuff I would like to order, the stuff is pricey though, the items I'm most interested in are Sub Primal, Boars Tusk, pork chop and maybe there multi row. (though I will probably just get additional MAG attachments for back work since I really like the one I have now). Anyone use them or seen these Hog Leg attachments?
    I have lots cable attachments now and except for the MAG attachment, I haven't found anything really unique lately and these look very high quality and different. Im definitely getting the SUB PRIMAL but trying to decide on any other ones.
    Attached Images