Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow 30 year old just started working out. Fat to fit. Hopefully.

Short intro
    5 years ago, I did a bit of weightlifting. I loved it. One day, without warming up, I made an attempt to lift more in bench press; a personal record of 100 kg / 220 lb. Something in my shoulder snapped and for the next year, I couldn't even do one pushup. F... So, I decided to start playing football but my knee would be "locked" when I woke up the day after.

The date for an operation was set more than a year later.

I lost all motivation and then life happened; I finished my education, started working, got a wife and a kid, had a period of depression, et cetera. Life as usual.

It's true what the adults say. Time passes. I mean, I was skinny and 20 years old just yesterday? Last year, I was 28 and 180 cm (5.9') and 110 kg (242lb). That's being fat.

Then my first child was born. I wanted him to have his dad as long as possible. So I lost a little bit of weight and today I'm 98,8 kg (217lb) - but still fat.

I can do better. So I've decided to start working out. And keeping a journal. I hope this is the place.

-----------

Workout 29. of July in hotel gym 2017:

Goblet squat:
    12x15
    14x10
    16x10
    18x5
    20x5

Db BP:
    12(24)x20
    14(28)x10
    16(32)x6
    16(32)x6
    16(32)x6

Db rows (left + right):
    14x10 (x2)
    14x10 (x2)
    14x10 (x2)
    16x8 (x2)

Swimming for 20 minutes

Workout in hotel gym 2. August - 11:24
    Goblet:
    20*10
    30*10*3

Db rows:
    25*10*2
    30*10*3

Db standing oh
    25*5*6

Swimming for 20 minutes

Workout 5. august - on vacation
    On vacation, but not excuses, so used a 20kg / 42lb water container to do some improvised OH and squats + did some pull ups
    Swimming for 20 minutes

Workout 7. august - vacation
    swimming 30 minutes

Workout 10. august - on vacation
    swimming 20 minutes

changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250) changeability has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Anmoho View Post
    Short intro
    5 years ago, I did a bit of weightlifting. I loved it. One day, without warming up, I made an attempt to lift more in bench press; a personal record of 100 kg / 220 lb. Something in my shoulder snapped and for the next year, I couldn't even do one pushup. F... So, I decided to start playing football but my knee would be "locked" when I woke up the day after.

The date for an operation was set more than a year later.

I lost all motivation and then life happened; I finished my education, started working, got a wife and a kid, had a period of depression, et cetera. Life as usual.

It's true what the adults say. Time passes. I mean, I was skinny and 20 years old just yesterday? Last year, I was 28 and 180 cm (5.9') and 110 kg (242lb). That's being fat.

Then my first child was born. I wanted him to have his dad as long as possible. So I lost a little bit of weight and today I'm 98,8 kg (217lb) - but still fat.

I can do better. So I've decided to start working out. And keeping a journal. I hope this is the place.
    decent start man. Anything and everything you do is simply awesome for your overall health.. Even if you don't lose weight (which I'm sure you will!) your heart and muscles will get stronger, which will translate to a longer (and happier) life.

Make sure you come vent on here if you ever need a cheerleader / pep talk.

Let's all make the best of this human condition!!

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good start.
    You'll find plenty of support if you keep posting consistently.
    Welcome to the forums.

Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anmoho is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by changeability View Post
    decent start man. Anything and everything you do is simply awesome for your overall health.. Even if you don't lose weight (which I'm sure you will!) your heart and muscles will get stronger, which will translate to a longer (and happier) life.

Make sure you come vent on here if you ever need a cheerleader / pep talk.

Let's all make the best of this human condition!!
    Yeah!

And thanks.

Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Good start.
    You'll find plenty of support if you keep posting consistently.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I will try and keep the post coming consistently. And thank you for the welcome.

Training 11. August / 15.00

Death machine training
    I need to start counting my calories somehow. On that note, I had some rice, an egg and tenderloin for breakfast, and for lunch young bamboo shoots, rice and a little beef. After training, I ate some more tenderloin. Tonight, I'm watching the 4 newest episodes of Game of Thrones. Keeping things real, I miiiiiiiiiiiight eat something unhealthy.

Anyway. About the training. Today, I used one of these dreadful “all in one home training machines” that will destroy every joint in your body if used too often. I’m in the process of buying a squat rack, bench and barbell + some 150 kg (330 lb) in plates. I NEED IT! I need that bench press, squat, deadlift, yates and military press in a 5x5 routine. Need.

Did front/goblet squats - ass to the grass of course - today with a bag of cement. All I had. It all went down like this (weight x reps x set):

Training 11. August 15:00

Goblet squats
    20 (light warm up)
    20x10x5

Sitting bench press in death-machine:
    18x20 for warm up
    40x15
    40x10x5 - triceps burn... yikes. Getting weak.

Pull downs close grp
    40x10x3

Pull downs wide grip
    30x8x4

Flies
    18*what the ... Stupid machine.

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I need to start counting my calories somehow.
    That would be very helpful.
    It sure is for me.

Do you know how?

pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pezking7p has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    MyFitnessPal is great for logging calories, just be careful when selecting items as sometimes they are entered incorrectly.

Craigslist is always full of lifting equipment if you're open to that sort of purchase. Great start and keep up the hard work. It's worth it.
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153427731&page=1

FMH Crew Brit in Training

Building 'Dem Bane Traps! bbowsh54's Avatar
    bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Death machine training
    I need to start counting my calories somehow. On that note, I had some rice, an egg and tenderloin for breakfast, and for lunch young bamboo shoots, rice and a little beef. After training, I ate some more tenderloin. Tonight, I'm watching the 4 newest episodes of Game of Thrones. Keeping things real, I miiiiiiiiiiiight eat something unhealthy.

Anyway. About the training. Today, I used one of these dreadful “all in one home training machines” that will destroy every joint in your body if used too often. I’m in the process of buying a squat rack, bench and barbell + some 150 kg (330 lb) in plates. I NEED IT! I need that bench press, squat, deadlift, yates and military press in a 5x5 routine. Need.

Did front/goblet squats - ass to the grass of course - today with a bag of cement. All I had. It all went down like this (weight x reps x set):

Training 11. August 15:00

Goblet squats
    20 (light warm up)
    20x10x5

Sitting bench press in death-machine:
    18x20 for warm up
    40x15
    40x10x5 - triceps burn... yikes. Getting weak.

Pull downs close grp
    40x10x3

Pull downs wide grip
    30x8x4

Flies
    18*what the ... Stupid machine.
    Great work!

Plenty of free apps out there to assist with calorie-counting, if you're interested. Find nice diet plan here on bodybuilding.com, and stick with it.

Nice training... Love me some goblet squats. Take care!
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Training Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159564721&page=45 [ACTIVE]

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FallingBridge has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm following! Go on man!

Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    That would be very helpful.
    It sure is for me.

Do you know how?

I guess I'll have to deconstruct my food item into the smallest possible units and then count the pieces = number of calories?

Kidding, of course. I think counting calories would be the way to go. Would a 1000 kcal deficit be too much? Then I'll be doing about 1kg (2,2lb) a week?

Originally Posted by pezking7p View Post
    MyFitnessPal is great for logging calories, just be careful when selecting items as sometimes they are entered incorrectly.

Craigslist is always full of lifting equipment if you're open to that sort of purchase. Great start and keep up the hard work. It's worth it.

We do not have that shady craigslist thing in this part of the world. We use shady alternatives. On the lookout atm.

Originally Posted by bbowsh54 View Post
    Great work!

Plenty of free apps out there to assist with calorie-counting, if you're interested. Find nice diet plan here on bodybuilding.com, and stick with it.

Nice training... Love me some goblet squats. Take care!
    Thanks!
    Any recommendations on an app?

Originally Posted by FallingBridge View Post
    I'm following! Go on man!
    NIIIICE. Motivation multiplied by 1.2.

There's no way, I'm training today. DOMS for the newbie. Tomorrow it is.

TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGymJim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good work mate, keep it up!
    Current PRs: (S/B/D) 145kg / 100kg / 180kg // 2018 goal PRs: 160kg / 110kg / 190kg

log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174500821

Fat fake natty mansloot of the FMH crew

Originally Posted by TheGymJim View Post
    Good work mate, keep it up!
    Thanks!

I JUSTS GOT SICK! WHAT!
    What's up with that? I'm real sick. Exhausted sick. Is this connected to the training somehow? Exhausting the body suddenly and running down the immune system? It somehow feels connected. Like a virus somehow saw its chance. I don't know. Anyway.... no appetite for anything than real and moderate amounts of food and then just tired, so I got the "sleep" and "eat" in "train, eat, sleep, repeat" covered. Zzzzz... Goodnight.

Edit: and diarrhea ...
    Last edited by Anmoho; 08-14-2017 at 05:16 AM.

Short update: I haven't abandoned this project, but I'm still sick. I got home from a country in Asia and went down with something weird... I'm tired and hurting in my body. Giving it a few days and then contacting the doctor.

Building 'Dem Bane Traps! bbowsh54's Avatar
    bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bbowsh54 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Short update: I haven't abandoned this project, but I'm still sick. I got home from a country in Asia and went down with something weird... I'm tired and hurting in my body. Giving it a few days and then contacting the doctor.
    Hope you feel better, soon!!!

I liked the "LoseIt" app back when I counted calories...
    Bowser
    Free Agent

Training Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159564721&page=45 [ACTIVE]

Misc Horse Head Crew
    Misc Fisherman Crew

Smile 4 years later. I did it.

Just a short update 4 years later that nobody will read...

I actually did it.

5 years ago, I was +242lb (+110 kg). I am now a nice 179 lb (81 kg) and work out 3 times a week plus run a 5k a few times a week as well.

I look great, I feel great. Life is good. I did it. And I just wanted to let the universe know.

Take care

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job! Repped.

Enjoy your improved life
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cwsmith35 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just a short update 4 years later that nobody will read...

I actually did it.

5 years ago, I was +242lb (+110 kg). I am now a nice 179 lb (81 kg) and work out 3 times a week plus run a 5k a few times a week as well.

I look great, I feel great. Life is good. I did it. And I just wanted to let the universe know.

Take care
    Congratulations!! Really happy to celebrate with you! Do you have any before and after pics to share? Any big lessons learned along the way? Again, well done. That's a big deal.