Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1725
    mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Von Brawn View Post
    My friend, you are frighteningly stupid.

You said Aldo should turn around and fight 6 months after he got KO'd stiff.

Which means he goes into training camp with full contact much before that.

After years of being a dominant champion, Jose Aldo started dropping from shots he would not have in the second Mendes fight. He got dropped dead yday.

I don't need to be an MRI to tell you his brain needs time to recoop. Does he need 6 months no contact? Does he need 6.5? Does he need 7? Does he need 2 years? That can only be told by monitoring his condition and measuring his recovery.

6 months no contact is a standard. They recommended Ronda 6 months off and she hasn't suffered 1/10th of the TBI Aldo has.

Says I'm putting words in his mouth.

Proceeds to put words into my mouth.

Where did I say he should take any definite amount of time off? I said he should take AT LEAST 6 months no contact. Everything else should be determined by measuring his condition and monitoring its recovery.

You want him to fight in 6 months. Which means a training camp around the corner.

There are well documented cases of TBI not healing for years. Do you think everything goes back to zero % damage after some rest? This isn't a video game

This just in: everyone has different brains. Everyone has different rates of damage, take shots differently and require individualistic recovery programs.

You're hung up on time frame of 6 months versus a year off. Both these numbers initially came from you.

I said Aldo needs a significant time off with no contact after the damage he's taken.

I'm done arguing with you however. You're divorced from logic, fueled by emotions and have too much time on your hands.

Further reading:

Mindstorms: Living with Traumatic Brain Injury by John W. Cassidy MD

&

Head injury by Audrey Daisley
    Let's not name-call. I haven't insulted you once.

1) Aldo ate a monster uppercut from Mendes. He got dropped only once in the first round. Sure he took a good bit of damage in that fight but his chin held up perfectly. He's never been hit like that in fights before. The Conor punch had forward momentum and a perfectly clean connection. Neither fight suggests much. He fought two talented guys and got hit hard like never before. Don't know why you keep acting like he's chinny all of a sudden.

2) Aldo got KO'd. But that was literally the only damage he took in that fight. Not like Ronda for example who got lit up and then KO'd. Definitely sustained more damage. Joe Duffy got KO'd leading up to the Poirier and had a quick turnaround. This is part of the game.

3) 4 months of zero contact after a knockout. Minimal sparring early in training camp. Harder sparring later on. That's seems perfectly sensible to me. You make it sound like Aldo took a JDS type beating. He got knocked out. And he came to pretty quickly. A bad knockout but you're exaggerating the level of brain damage because it suits your argument.

4) Could've sworn you said Aldo shouldn't come back until after a year. If you didn't, my bad. Point still stands though if you're giving a minimum definite amount of time that is still fairly arbitrary.

5) Do those articles say anything about relative time frames for coming back from a knockout? Anything about 4 months of no contact versus what you're suggesting? I'm not gonna read them until you point that out for me because you already tried to pull a BS tactic with the podcast suggestions as if those were gonna clear up anything.

Don't understand the hominems, buddy. If I'm wrong prove it. Otherwise, cut the BS.

mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000) mistahAIM is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by killermike View Post
    Before I proceed to further debate this topic with you, may I ask a question? Have you ever engaged in any athletic activity in your life?
    I played basketball all through high school and wrestled briefly. How the phuck does that matter? Do you have an actual argument or no?
    Last edited by mistahAIM; 12-13-2015 at 03:29 PM.

EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EternaLovE is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000) HouseStarkfff is just really nice. (+1000)
    What's next for Conor? I'd say the LW belt. Get both belts ASAP. Defend both at the same time.
    'Never compromise, not even in the face of Armageddon.'

-Rorschach

KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KazBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HouseStarkfff View Post
    What's next for Conor? I'd say the LW belt. Get both belts ASAP. Defend both at the same time.
    McGoat want's that second belt. Just like he had in Cage Warriors.

olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) olbigfish is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wow.

Hats off to McGregor. I blame USADA for the KO though. :P

What a night.

KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Anyone notice that awkward exchange between Luke and Connor at the post-fight press conference?

As Luke was on his way out and Connor was coming in, Luke shook his hand and said "Champ" or something like that.

Connor posed with the belt for cameras and then Luke tried to stand next to him so they can both pose with their belts but Connor just kinda dipped out and cut the moment short and pretty much alpha'd him. And Luke hesitated and was like whatever. and left.

This was awkward after Luke calling him an anorexic leprechaun then tried to be all cool with him lol.
    A lot of girls say I'm built like a "Tank"
    BENCH: getting there
    DEADLIFT: getting there
    SQUAT: bout 350
    #TRUMP2020

Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Anyone notice that awkward exchange between Luke and Connor at the post-fight press conference?

As Luke was on his way out and Connor was coming in, Luke shook his hand and said "Champ" or something like that.

Connor posed with the belt for cameras and then Luke tried to stand next to him so they can both pose with their belts but Connor just kinda dipped out and cut the moment short and pretty much alpha'd him. And Luke hesitated and was like whatever. and left.

This was awkward after Luke calling him an anorexic leprechaun then tried to be all cool with him lol.
    I noticed this, lolol. Luke said he wanted to slap the chit out of him a few weeks back, then at the pre fight presser he thanked Conor for promoting the card. Then talked more chit on embedded then tried to pose for pics with him and got ignored, lmao.

Conor ain't playin games.

Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Veble is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    o lawd

Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gainzzz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Veble View Post
    o lawd

lmao, only about 3 people here will get this sadly.

Steady Gains mane 💪 LoveHateLift's Avatar
    LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000) LoveHateLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    {o,o} Loving the crew
    |)__)
    -""--

dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dmaaack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    McGregor Thug Life

https://streamable.com/6dbr

Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000) Suxirc is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Gainzzz View Post
    lmao, only about 3 people here will get this sadly.
    Conor Vardy
    *Take a week off work for bad haircut Crew*

LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LabeledCitizen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Best main event card for me in a long, long time. Every fighter that I wanted to win ended up winning.
    The Romero win wasn't very clean.. But I'll take it. Could have gone either way in a lot of peoples opinions. Super hype for Luke vs Romero.
    Holloway did what he needed to do but looked sloppy from time to time, I don't think he's ready to be challenging the top yet.
    Maia looked pretty juicy. He schooled Gunnar. It's interesting seeing Maia make a come back, will we see Ruthless vs Maia someday??
    Luke owned that fight the first moment Chris took any real damage. Loved every second of it. Weidman is a great fighter and will be back.
    Connor did what Connor said he would do. Wasn't the fight anyone wanted to see, but he proved his worth. I'm happy he won.

I could have won lots of money had I been brave enough.

I feel real bad for Aldo. To go that long never losing, to lose to a man who has been constantly talking trash and disrespecting you as a world class champion, in the fashion that manifested, is awful no doubt. I can't imagine how crushed he is mentally.

I'm interested to see how McGregor portrays himself leading up to fights now that he is champ.
    Boomer Sooner
    Andrew Luck Crew
    Paragon Crew
    Car Enthusiast Crew
    Positive Crew
    PSN: realtrendy

Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pray4Paul is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hope they enforce some rules here