Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    losingit1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of the flavor of the yogurt so I've been using the sauce to mask it a bit. I want protein powder but it's not an appropriate time to buy it so just waiting until I move on the 25th. I'm kind of expecting no total loss this week since I'll be flying on the 25th and that usually makes me bloated for a couple days. It might also take me a couple days to get settled into my new apartment. So, I'll stay on top of things as much as possible and in the mean time go as clean as possible and things should be ok. Not losing weight won't demotivate me. Feeling like **** would though so as long as I keep feeling good I'll be ok.
    My 70 day PSMF Attempt log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169570513

My food diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/wanderingdev

212 -> 168 -> 193 -> *start RFL* -> ???

Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by losingit1 View Post
    Yeah. I'm not a huge fan of the flavor of the yogurt so I've been using the sauce to mask it a bit. I want protein powder but it's not an appropriate time to buy it so just waiting until I move on the 25th. I'm kind of expecting no total loss this week since I'll be flying on the 25th and that usually makes me bloated for a couple days. It might also take me a couple days to get settled into my new apartment. So, I'll stay on top of things as much as possible and in the mean time go as clean as possible and things should be ok. Not losing weight won't demotivate me. Feeling like **** would though so as long as I keep feeling good I'll be ok.
    hehe yup it'll hit you like a brick "just left your body" LOL, literally one day your 3 lb's heavy and go to bed then u wake up piss and weigh yourself and a huge ass loss after sleeping O_O!
    If you got your math's right u should be perfect! It's only being masked by water but it's going down dw!
    I'm gonna go to bed, goodnight! Gluck!

Day 10/70

Morning Weight: 189.8 (-0/-3.4)

Another day with no loss. I feel bloated and gross. I woke up in the middle of the night because I was feeling so gross and I realized that it’s been more than 72 hours since I last pood. I suspect that is the cause for feeling gross and no weight loss. I tried a few home remedies but nothing worked so when the shops open today I’ll be buying fiber and making that a regular part of my meal. Maybe mix it with my evening yogurt. I’ll also work on my water intake.

Other than that I’m feeling good. It’s cold here (noon and still frost on the grass) which is just making me want to hibernate. I’ll be glad to be moving to warmer climates in a couple days. I was going to go into Brussels today and run some errands but with the terror alert on high many things are closed so I guess that won’t be happening. I’ll just go for an extra long walk as the gym closed at noon today. I’ll lift tomorrow.
    My 70 day PSMF Attempt log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169570513

Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Justjake19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 10/70

Morning Weight: 189.8 (-0/-3.4)

Another day with no loss. I feel bloated and gross. I woke up in the middle of the night because I was feeling so gross and I realized that it’s been more than 72 hours since I last pood. I suspect that is the cause for feeling gross and no weight loss. I tried a few home remedies but nothing worked so when the shops open today I’ll be buying fiber and making that a regular part of my meal. Maybe mix it with my evening yogurt. I’ll also work on my water intake.

Other than that I’m feeling good. It’s cold here (noon and still frost on the grass) which is just making me want to hibernate. I’ll be glad to be moving to warmer climates in a couple days. I was going to go into Brussels today and run some errands but with the terror alert on high many things are closed so I guess that won’t be happening. I’ll just go for an extra long walk as the gym closed at noon today. I’ll lift tomorrow.
    get like 40g fiber using fiber bran cereal, corn bran meal, carb balance tort's, double fiber bread (just make sure net carbs are low and under the limit) gl! drink alot of water doing this.

Day 11/70

Morning Weight: 188.5 (-1.3/-4.7)

Finally some movement (literally)! I still feel bloated and overly full so I suspect there is more to come, but I’m just glad things have gotten going again, I was getting pretty miserable. Other than that I feel good thought I’ve learned that shrimp are not good for my biggest meal. I just get too full on them and they start making me feel gross. So, I’ll stick to chicken.

I’m relocating tomorrow morning (early) from Belgium to Turkey so it should be interesting. I’m hoping there is a grocery store nearby my new apartment so I can quickly shop but I’ve given myself the OK to have a free meal tomorrow. I will also likely have one tonight as my friends are back and will probably want to go out for dinner.

I’m probably not going to have access to a scale for at least a few days until I can find a cheap one to buy. So I’ll keep posting updates, but they won’t have weights. I’ll just have to get the grand total loss when I get a new scale. I’m just hoping that finding fat free yogurt won’t be too hard in turkey but I suspect it might be a problem. Cross that bridge when I get to it.

Day 12/70

Morning Weight: who knows? (???/-4.7)

With yesterday and today both having free meals, I don’t even want to guess what my weight is. I didn’t go nuts, but I definitely had carbs so I’ll be carrying some water.

I relocated to Turkey today. I was super productive after arriving at 2 pm. I walked to the gym and got registered, then I walked to the supermarket and did my shop, then walked home. All told it was about 14k steps which isn’t bad considering I didn’t eat until 5 pm and only had 3 hours of bad sleep the night before.

Doing this diet here is going to be brutal. There are no fat free options and even the “lite” options are (relatively) high fat. The yogurt is 8g of fat/100g of yogurt. I think I’m going to be sticking to mostly chicken and tuna. Bleh. I did find some feta that was reasonably low fat, so I will probably pick up some eggs and do egg white omelets with feta and spinach. I also found a fat free salad dressing that I can use to spice up the chicken a bit. I might end up using more free meals than planned just to switch it up a bit. I can go to a restaurant and just get a giant hunk of meat.

Should be interesting.

Anyway, first gym session tomorrow with a squat rack again… I can’t wait! They tried to show me all of the cardio stuff and I said “I only care about the weights” and made a beeline for the weight area. Then they tried to show me all of the circuit machines and I said “I don’t care about those, where is your squat rack?” Then they showed me the Smith Machine and I said “Smith Machines suck, I only care about that (pointing to the real squat rack).” After that they stopped trying to figure me out and just let me wander. On my way to the front desk they tried to show me the “women’s area” and I said “I don’t need paperweights” and walked to the big plates. It was quite amusing. Only woman in the gym, lifting weights in this culture is going to be … interesting…

Day 12/70

With yesterday and today both having free meals, I don’t even want to guess what my weight is. I didn’t go nuts, but I definitely had carbs so I’ll be carrying some water.

I relocated to Turkey today. I was super productive after arriving at 2 pm. I walked to the gym and got registered, then I walked to the supermarket and did my shop, then walked home. All told it was about 14k steps which isn’t bad considering I didn’t eat until 5 pm and only had 3 hours of bad sleep the night before.

Doing this diet here is going to be brutal. There are no fat free options and even the “lite” options are (relatively) high fat. The yogurt is 8g of fat/100g of yogurt. I think I’m going to be sticking to mostly chicken and tuna. Bleh. I did find some feta that was reasonably low fat, so I will probably pick up some eggs and do egg white omelets with feta and spinach. I also found a fat free salad dressing that I can use to spice up the chicken a bit. I might end up using more free meals than planned just to switch it up a bit. I can go to a restaurant and just get a giant hunk of meat.

Should be interesting.

Anyway, first gym session tomorrow with a squat rack again… I can’t wait! They tried to show me all of the cardio stuff and I said “I only care about the weights” and made a beeline for the weight area. Then they tried to show me all of the circuit machines and I said “I don’t care about those, where is your squat rack?” Then they showed me the Smith Machine and I said “Smith Machines suck, I only care about that (pointing to the real squat rack).” After that they stopped trying to figure me out and just let me wander. On my way to the front desk they tried to show me the “women’s area” and I said “I don’t need paperweights” and walked to the big plates. It was quite amusing. Only woman in the gym, lifting weights in this culture is going to be … interesting…
    Full fat options are fine!!! Just get less of it! i'm using full fat greek yogurt and just use 2 tablespoons a day, i can't drink dairy but full fat is also good just don't drink a whole cup (like 1/3), and cheese go full fat!!! just use less, the protein adds up! u can get like 20-30g of fat a day!!
    the fat is what stabilizes hunger and brings down spikes from the carbs/sugar in it, without it it's just sugar and protein and u get another craving, 5pm is fine :P and maybe just try sleeping when u sleep as long as 8 hours!

Happy thanksgiving, you've done a great job 4-5lb's the first week !

The charger for my laptop died and is virtually impossible to replace here, so doing everything by phone. Here are my updates for the last few days:

Day 13/70

Today was kind of crazy. I lifted in the morning, which was great. But then I spent the whole day walking around trying to find a charging cord for my laptop. I was all over the place. I also popped in a few stores to check out their food selection to add to my supply. I found a place selling lean beef, so I will add that to the rotation to not be so limited.

Back on the eating plan today and feeling great but bloated after a day of travel and 2 free meals. I suspect it will be a couple days until my weight evens out again. But I grabbed a scale, so I can start tracking again tomorrow.

Day 14/70

Morning Weight: 191.6 (+3.1/-1.6)

Woke up totally dehydrated which isn't surprising since I walked for hours without water yesterday. I have cankles which happens when I get bloated.

Back on the scale today. Not happy with the number even though I know it is water weight. But glad I got it. I will probably need the motivation from loss as I start to get sick of the food I am eating.

Day 15/70

Morning Weight: 189.2 (-2.4/-4)

Officially starting week 2 and still finding it to be generally easy though doing it in Turkey is hard for multiple reasons. I love the food here so mostly having to skip it is painful. It is also impossible to get fat free options here. Doing straight keto would be a lot easier.

I had only .6 lb weight loss this week which isn't a huge surprise to me given what's been going on. I did just meet my 2 pound per week goal. But now that I am settled and on track with a gym things should be better.

I also lost 9 cm/ 3.5 in so that is the important part. A friend also reminded me that I am using a different scale which might account for some if the change. Either way, I have 8 more weeks. Plenty of time.

measurement changes
    weight 189.2 - -.6 (-4)
    r bicep 32 - 0 (-1)
    r thigh 65.5 - -1 (-3)
    shoulders 114 - -1 (-2.5)
    chest (under boobs) 91.5 - -1 (-4.5)
    chest (nipples) 106 - 0 (-5)
    stomach (narrowest) 93 - -1 (-5)
    stomach (bb) 100 - -3.5 (-7.5)
    hips 111 - -1.5 (-1.5)

total 713 - -9 (-30)

Day 16/70

Morning Weight: 188 (-1.2/-5.2)

Now that's what I'm talking about! Since I have tons of energy, I've decided to take advantage of it by doing more exercise. I increased my lifting to my expanded 5*5 vs the traditional one. I've also been walking a lot. I will listen to my body and if I start to feel run down or like I'm not recovering, I will pull back.

This is a test week for me. I feel great on the diet but when thinking about it, I was losing 1.5-2 lbs a week just eating regular keto without limiting myself so much. So if I'm not losing more than that, what's the point? Doing keto here would be super easy and I'd get to enjoy a lot of the Turkish food I love. So we will see how things go this week. But if I continue losing just 2 lbs a week I might just go back to keto. Time will tell.

Day 17/70

Morning Weight: 186.6 (-1.4/-6.6)

Another great loss. I did a lot of walking yesterday - almost 10 miles. It was a beautiful day and I had to find a battery for my food scale so I took the long way via the beach. I was wiped out when I got home, and more than ready for some food.

Yesterday was also super full of temptations. Walking along the beach road meant seeing the restaurant menus with all of the food I'm not eating. and at the entrance to the mall where I got my battery is a baklava shop. Tons of varieties, as far as the eye can see. But I held strong. This was my first really tempting day but I want this week to be pure PSMF so I can really judge.

Today is another lifting day and I can't wait. Doing the extended program again, then I have to walk to the supermarket. I'm out of meat. So I'll be food prepping this afternoon.

Day 18/70

Morning weight: 185.6 (-1/-7.6)

Woo hoo! With this weigh in I am officially the lightest I've been in 2 years. 168 was the lowest I've gotten. If I continue to lose at this rate, I could get there again in my 10 weeks.

I had a great workout yesterday and walked to the store, but I was tired and didn't do a whole lot of extra walking. I did food prep though. Got some great beef, but probably going to have to scale back on that. It is about 4x more expensive than chicken which is quite a difference.

Today is an off gym day but beautiful out so I'll go for another long walk. I want to see the marina.

Day 19/70

Morning weight: 185 (-.6/-8.2)

Honestly, I was expecting no change or even a gain today. I ended up taking yesterday as a rest day. I've been tired and stressed and just wanted a day where I wasn't worried about step goals, activity times, etc. So I took it. I also wasn't 100% on target with my macros, but not too horribly off. Just a bit higher on fat than usual.

I had an egg white omelette yesterday. It was super nasty. Today I tried scrambling them up and adding them to my tuna. It worked great. Couldn't taste them at all and a nice boost of cheap protein. Chicken is an ok price here but beef is super expensive so having something cheap to offset that is good.

Today's workout was brutal. I still did a squat PR but it degraded from there and I failed early on several lifts. I'm 100% sure it was because I didn't eat right yesterday. So that is a good reminder that if I'm going to fudge the diet, go over, not under, and don't do it the day before lifting.

Day 20/70

Morning weight: 184 (-1/-9.2)

I guess this week is really demonstrating that I'd you are really on top of this diet you can lose a lot. I'm losing about a pound a day. Of course, I am also exercising my ass off, but I have the time for that now, so I’m just fine with that. I'm officially the lowest weight I've been in almost 2 years, which is amazing!

Going to do another long walk today. Maybe up to the castle. I need to work on getting out of bed sooner. The sun sets so early here that when I mess around until noon, I run out of daylight.

Day 21/70

Morning weight: 184.4 (+.4/-8.8)

Up .4 bleh. But that's how these things work unfortunately. Plus, given how I was feeling this morning, I think I am PMSing which could easily account for it and all the crazy ass cravings I've been having. Seriously, I has been ridiculous. Tomorrow I am having a free meal. Basically I'm just going to order a huge plate of meat and then treat myself to a couple pieces of baklava. Nothing too crazy, but filling some of the cravings as this week has been a bit rough.

Today is the last day of week 3 so I'm interested to weigh in tomorrow and see what my final for the week is. So far I am at 4.8 lbs lost, which is amazing to me!

Today is a gym day, which is good. I need to figure out a good way to progress when I have to do 10 lb weight jumps. I'm thinking of adding a 6th set of 5 and when I can do that well, I will progress to the next weight.

Day 22/70

Morning weight: 183.6 (-.8/-9.6)

Week 3 under my belt and it was a good one. Down 5.6 lbs. I worked my ass off and I'm paying for it. I will likely scale back this week because my high energy is definitely sapped. So, I'll keep up the 3 workouts a week, but I will not go so overboard on the walking. Even if I lose slower, it will be worth it to have some energy.

I can definitely feel and see changes in my body. My shoulders and arms are slimming down and when I'm lifting, I can see muscle separation under the later of fat. When I'm laying on my back, I can see and feel my xyphoid process and my hip bones. Still a long way to go, but changes are happening and I'm making gains in the gym so I'm happy.

I'm having a cheat meal today. I've been super clean with crazy ass cravings so I'm going to take one so I can keep going strong.

measurement changes
    weight 183.6 - -5.6 (-9.6)
    r bicep 32 - 0 (-1)
    r thigh 64.5 - -1 (-4)
    shoulders 111.5 - -2.5 (-5)
    chest (under boobs) 90 - -1.5 (-6)
    chest (nipples) 104 - -2 (-7)
    stomach (narrowest) 90 - -3 (-8)
    stomach (bb) 96 - -4 (-11.5)
    hips 108.5 - -2.5 (-4)

total 696.5 - -16.5 (-46.5)

Checking in good job!! I got off keto a week ago and gained like ~11-12lb lbm in about a week!