oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Advice on keto & alchohol (non drinkers beware)

Hi guys

I've been in Ketosis for about a month now and my progress is awesome.

Background: I lift weights 3x a week and run 3x a week anywhere from 4km - 6km each time. Allthough I am a little overweight, 5 - 6kg.

Over the next two weeks I have two major parties coming up. So naturally I want to drink with my mates.

The party is this week saturday.

I have to function the day after keto, because I have important events happening...

Therefore, to not have a deadly hangover but still get white girl wasted -my plan is to carb up on (friday & saturday)

I figure ill deplete my glycogen fast enough that I can quickly get back into keto from day. And that the carb up wont effect my gains that badly.

Any thoughts? ideas? comments?

Is it worth carbing up on Friday as well? Or should I just stick with a small 100g carb meal.

I don't want my blood sugar spiking like a mother ****er by re-introducing carbs on the saturday, which is why I've made it a two day carb up.
    Last edited by oldgames; 11-10-2015 at 01:41 AM.
    **** Positive Crew***

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had been keto for about a year before I hit the drink hard. It took me three days to start to feel normal again and another week for my training to get back to where it was before.

Now I think it was a combination of two things, one a year without drink then a lot, and how the drink effected my body.

I can give you no clue how you will react to a night on the source, and how long it will take you to recover. If you have carb'ed up before you will have a slight idea but otherwise it will be a guess.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why is the carb up necessary? I drink regularly while maintaining ketosis. I also never get hangovers..maybe a slight headache at the worst.
    I personally drink hard liquors straight or with sugar free mixers. Vodka soda water for example. Or very dry wine if I have carbs to spare.

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you want to drink. Drink. If you want to carb. Carb up

You don't need to ask for permission on a forum if it's ok

It's you're body you're choice

Carb ups are not needed and negative and proven but some people feel they need them even if they don't earn them again there choice

Enjoy yourself if you want to party and drink than go for it and enjoy it and don't worry about the one or two days that may mess up you're diet 💪
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis

Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000) Kansas123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Some people on keto say carb up days help wth the diet. And sure you won't be in ketosis during it but go do some exercise and you'll be back at it in no time
    Bench: 45lbx4,500 reps
    Deadlift: 100x6,500 reps
    Squat: wtf is "squat"?

oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500) oldgames is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by JonBana View Post
    If you want to drink. Drink. If you want to carb. Carb up

You don't need to ask for permission on a forum if it's ok

It's you're body you're choice

Carb ups are not needed and negative and proven but some people feel they need them even if they don't earn them again there choice

Enjoy yourself if you want to party and drink than go for it and enjoy it and don't worry about the one or two days that may mess up you're diet 
    Too true man.

My main reason wasn't to ask permission, but rather to hear from other people's experiences.

I'm doing what I stated in the post -regardless.

Cheers
    **** Positive Crew***

Originally Posted by nicholina View Post
    Why is the carb up necessary? I drink regularly while maintaining ketosis. I also never get hangovers..maybe a slight headache at the worst.
    I personally drink hard liquors straight or with sugar free mixers. Vodka soda water for example. Or very dry wine if I have carbs to spare.
    My ability to tolerate alcohol is 1/10th of what it used to be on keto.

I don't know why.

I can be in the dirt wasted by 3 jameson/diet cola and throwing up after 4. Where as usually I can tolerate 8 - 10 drinks over the course of a night and maintain a good buzz.
    **** Positive Crew***

Originally Posted by Kansas123 View Post
    Some people on keto say carb up days help wth the diet. And sure you won't be in ketosis during it but go do some exercise and you'll be back at it in no time
    Yeah. Exactly what I was thinking. Burn through the glycogen stores asap after my carb up and get back into keto.

I've also noticed my lifts dropping significantly, so maybe this will give them a much needed boost.
    **** Positive Crew***

nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Then drink less, get your buzz on the same, and save money on alcohol. Win win