Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000) nicholina is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JonBana View Post
    I don't know what to say . lol . (do you have any studies or anything on this im very interested after your reply)

can you explain a little more simpler as well ?

I'm very interested in what you're saying though and would like to know more , I always thought when BHB levels are low or what ever they are low because you are using them up but according to everyone that's not the case.. they say the higher the BHB levels the better cause BHB is from a ketone with is from FFA usage , so higher levels mean you are burning FFA and no sugars , so whats the best way to tell and measure nutritional ketosis state so I can hopefully up my protein intake more because its been pretty low lately... and trying to figure out why ,

also i'm not losing weight i'm gaining , i'm bulking / LBM

one thing that's bugs me is I don't have keto breath or the taste in my mouth or anything 13 weeks in steady , not sure if that's a good or bad sign
    Don't look to studies to understand this...try a basic biochemistry text

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JonBana View Post
    I don't know what to say . lol . (do you have any studies or anything on this im very interested after your reply)

can you explain a little more simpler as well ?

I'm very interested in what you're saying though and would like to know more , I always thought when BHB levels are low or what ever they are low because you are using them up but according to everyone that's not the case.. they say the higher the BHB levels the better cause BHB is from a ketone with is from FFA usage , so higher levels mean you are burning FFA and no sugars , so whats the best way to tell and measure nutritional ketosis state so I can hopefully up my protein intake more because its been pretty low lately... and trying to figure out why ,

also i'm not losing weight i'm gaining , i'm bulking / LBM

one thing that's bugs me is I don't have keto breath or the taste in my mouth or anything 13 weeks in steady , not sure if that's a good or bad sign
    It's explained in the illustrations and Jgalinski's comments. What more do you need?

The bold comment is nonsense. Your body does not completely eliminate glucose as a source of energy.
    Last edited by JerryB; 11-10-2015 at 06:20 AM.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jgalinski View Post
    Beta hydroxybuterate is not a ketone. It is a carboxylic acid produced from acetoacetate when the cell is in a certain rexdox state. Blood beta hydroxybuterate is only an indirect measure of acetoacetate production from fatty acid beta oxidation, essentially ketosis. It does not mean anything by itself. The sad part is that people will argue this to the death when they are misinformed. You can have low BHB and still be in ketosis, especially if your body is converting acetoacetate to acetone at a faster rate or if you are using acetoacetate itself quickly as a Krebs cycle intermediate for formation of acetyl-coA. BHB has to be converted back into acetoacetate to be used for energy otherwise its useless. Don't get hung up on blood BHB if you are losing weight and feel good.
    This is very simplistic and doesn't really add anything to the conversation.
    Acetoacetate is also a carboxilic acid! But we will just gloss over this.
    The significance of bhb is that it is the end pathway of the hepatic ketogenisis. The acac is rapidly converted to bhb, likewise in the blood stream an excess of acac will normally also be converted to bhb.
    Basically going from acac to bhb is the reaction with nad to nadh, but the opposite is an enzymatic reaction which is concentration driven.
    The reason you measure bhb is that nearly 80% of circulating ketone bodies are in this state not acac.

I can't easily post the schematics to show this on my mobile, but if interested I can bore you senseless with them :-)
    Last edited by JWoodCF10; 11-11-2015 at 07:49 AM.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Sholbk1 View Post
    Hi JonBana,

Depending how long you have been in ketosis, your body starts to use the ketones and you won't see them in your blood as much or on your breath. it means you have gone to the next phase of keto adaptation. Check out Jimmy Moore's info at Livin La Vita Low Carb some other keto athletes are Zach Bitter and Jon Olson.

Ketones are usually lower in the morning and higher in the evening. That isn't unusual. How much salt are you taking in? You need more salt when you are in ketosis. Without the salt, your blood pressure can drop and make you feel like crap.

You might be interested in the movie Cereal Killers 2, all about a couple who rowed from California to Hawaii on a ketogenic diet.

What program are you following? Have you read the Anabolic Diet by Dr. Mauro DiPasquale.
    I talk to jimmy personally almost every day , thanks , and my nutrition is on top don't worry about that I know what im doing , ive done enough research and reading and talking to jimmy and other researchers to back me up ,

thanks for the reply
    Staying below 9% BF Year Round
    Ketosis Since - August / 14 / 2015
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day
    No Longer Doing Social Media Or Roaming Forums Often
    Display Picture Old And Not Up To Date
    New Instagram Not posting much as this time J.Banaitis

JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500) JonBana is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    It's explained in the illustrations and Jgalinski's comments. What more do you need?

The bold comment is nonsense. Your body does not completely eliminate glucose as a source of energy.
    yes theyere always glucose being produced no matter what , theres just nothing you can do about that
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day

Originally Posted by JWoodCF10 View Post
    This is very simplistic and doesn't really add anything to the conversation.
    Acetoacetate is also a carboxilic acid! But we will just gloss over this.
    The significance of bhb is that it is the end pathway of the hepatic ketogenisis. The acac is rapidly converted to bhb, likewise in the blood stream an excess of acac will normally also be converted to bhb.
    Basically going from acac to bhb is the reaction with nad to nadh, but the opposite is an enzymatic reaction which is concentration driven.
    The reason you measure bhb is that nearly 80% of circulating ketone bodies are in this state not acac.

I can't easily post the schematics to show this on my mobile, but if interested I can bore you senseless with them :-)
    you can try to bore me but I wouild love to see them post them when you can I love expanding my knowledge in this field
    Keto Expert
    IF
    1 Meal a day