Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000)

**FREE GAT - are YOU getting FAT? (BULKERS WELCOME!!!)**

GAT WEEKLY GIVEAWAY :

This week, I want to stir up a little healthy (or not so healthy) debate. Now that we’ve all looked sexy and shredded for our Halloween costumes, it’s that time again. The holidays are upon us. Halloween candy, holiday comfort foods, baking, more time inside, and for most competitors, contest season has reached an end.
    All of this means one thing: BULKING SEASON.

I want to know YOUR opinion on bulking. You don't need to answer all the questions, any opinion or response counts as an entry! Just make sure you back up your response with evidence

- Dirty bulk?
    - Clean bulk?
    - How much is too much?
    - Fat/lean muscle gain ratios?
    - What did your most effective bulk look like?
    - Should you EVER bulk?
    - What kind of caloric surplus do you follow?
    - Supplements during a bulk?

All of these count as entries, and before/after bulk pictures are worth extra points!!

ANNNNNDDDD GO…
    Last edited by hdeindorfer; 11-03-2015 at 02:06 PM.
    Team GAT Representative

Current GAT Store promos:
    15% off SUPERTEIN
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gat/supertein.html

$3 off Nitraflex
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gat/nitraflex.html

http://www.teamgat.com/

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gat/gat.htm

"The squat is the perfect analogy for life. It's about standing up after something heavy takes you down."

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In for them gains! Anyone else find there is no "too many" Reese pumpkins, all gainz!

Cellucor Nutrabolt Lead Representative
    w/ Burntreality :)

gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You used the "B" word ?????

scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stad0203 View Post
    In for them gains! Anyone else find there is no "too many" Reese pumpkins, all gainz!

I raise your poverty pumpkin and give you a bunny!

SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SOH11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dude I just bought a bag of Halloween Reese's cups!

White chocolate...they're ghost shaped
    iForce Blueberry Muffin: forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169778043
    Animal Whey CCC: /showthread.php?t=167687511
    BPI PBICB Whey-HD: /showthread.php?t=169558393
    JetMass Log: /showthread.php?t=168753313

MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000) MexiHulk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by gregmh View Post
    You used the "B" word ?????
    Uh oh ExtremeOne74 is incoming.

Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hdeindorfer View Post
    GAT WEEKLY GIVEAWAY :

This week, I want to stir up a little healthy (or not so healthy) debate. Now that weve all looked sexy and shredded for our Halloween costumes, its that time again. The holidays are upon us. Halloween candy, holiday comfort foods, baking, more time inside, and for most competitors, contest season has reached an end.

I want to know YOUR opinion on bulking.

- Dirty bulk?
    - Clean bulk?
    - How much is too much?
    - Should you EVER bulk?

All of these count as entries, and before/after bulk pictures are worth extra points!!

ANNNNNDDDD GO
    - Dirty bulk?
    ive done it and got tremendous gains and strength boosts. However it makes cutting down hell
    - Clean bulk?
    trying that this year. Looking to put on mass yet still be lean
    - How much is too much?
    anything over 25lbs from my maintenance weight
    15/85
    4 years ago I did an epic bulk where I got up to 220 and although I had the belly to match, I had hit some PRs of a 380lb squat for 3 reps, 350lbs deadlift for 3 reps, and 300lb bench for 3 reps. The squats and bench are still my PRs. Alot of people also took notice that year of how much i bulked
    - Should you EVER bulk?
    Yes but definitely do research on it and I would definitely advise doing a clean bulk instead of a dirty if you have never done it before
    I just started clean bulking 9/28 after being on maintenance mode since mid June. Ive been gradually increasing carbs every 3 weeks and I also eat a weekly cheat meal and dessert every Saturday night
    whey protein, casein protein, multivitamins, Glucose disposal agent, joint supplement, fish oils, and some vitamin c (since its cold out)
    this was my progress pics to start my lean mass phase on 9/28

-#TeamBramble #GetFitOrDie

Follow my Ongoing Physique Quest:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166876461

Instagram: The_Machine_JB

Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000)
    GAT WEEKLY GIVEAWAY :

This week, I want to stir up a little healthy (or not so healthy) debate. Now that we’ve all looked sexy and shredded for our Halloween costumes, it’s that time again. The holidays are upon us. Halloween candy, holiday comfort foods, baking, more time inside, and for most competitors, contest season has reached an end.

- Dirty bulk?
    - Clean bulk?
    - How much is too much?
    - Should you EVER bulk?
    - dirty bulks would result in a lot of fat gain in a short term period. a clean or smaller caloric surplus would result in more lean body mass and less time cutting and more time eating food.
    how much is too much depends on what your body needs and finding the proper caloric surplus and balance between calories and your bodytype.
    fat to lean muscle ratio depends on the individual, their genetics, and what they are capable of eating. some people 200 pounds can only gain on 2000 calories, some people 150 pounds need 4000 calories to grow.
    my most effective bulk was one i went on for 18 months because i kept my caloric surplus small i only gained 10 pounds, but i added minimal fat.
    you should bulk if you are small, want to gain size, or want to get bigger and add muscle. trying to lean bulk or recomp the entire time may end up spinning your wheels.
    i follow a 200-300 caloric surplus. 500-1000 over could result in disaster for many.
    supplements for a bulk are the basic multi vitamin, fishoil, whey protein, and creatine.

stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) stad0203 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by scottyb05 View Post

Keep your Wittle Wabbit and chew on this:

1/2 lb each, just in time for christmas

gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gregmh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

My wife got me a bunny last year and it just didn't taste right.... Those 1/2 pounders are where it's at

Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Corey1Young is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    GAT WEEKLY GIVEAWAY :

- Dirty bulk?
    - Clean bulk?
    - How much is too much?
    - Should you EVER bulk?

ANNNNNDDDD GO…
    Clean vs. Dirty

I'm not going to get into the whole all calories aren't equal thing, but I do think it's important to delineate between what's good or bad for your physique and whats good or bad for your health. From a health perspective, it should go without saying that shoveling endless amounts of high processed sugar coat shingles down your throat until your blood turns into strawberry jelly is not a good thing. But if we're just talking about what's good or bad for your physique, you can just as easily turn into a giant slop jockey over eating clean food as you can eating crap.

How much is too much?

People can try to debate this all they want, but the truth is that the higher your body fat gets, and the more insulin insensitive you become, the more your overall nutrient partiotioning goes to ****. It pays dividends both in your offseason and when you begin dieting if you keep your body fat in check. By keeping your body fat at a reasonable level you'll be able to utilize carbs more effectively offseason, and make your dieting process much easier as well. Even if you plan on using irresponsible amounts of non over the counter fat loss aids it's still a bad idea to just compltely throw caution to the wind and stuff your fat face with enough food everyday to feed a small village. Not only will you have to diet longer and do more cardio to lose all of your excess fat, but having to stay in a semi starved state for periods of time will cause you to lose some degree of muscle, which will only further slow your metabolism.

Fat/Muscle Ratios

It's subjective and really depends on your goal and personal preferences

Most Effective Bulk

Honestly I don't know. I've tried to eat everything in sight, blew up to 230, but felt and looked like dog **** - not to mention having to diet off about forty plus pounds was not fun either. Last year I went up to about 208 at around 12-13% body fat, which was the biggest and leanest I'd ever managed to stay at that weight. I ended up dieting down to a pretty nice look in the low 180's. I started trying to put on size again in early September, and am sitting at around 203 at the moment. Currently I'd say I'm much bigger now than I was last year at this weight, and each year I learn myself a little bit better, and try out a few new strategies as well. The goal is to add about 1-2lbs a month until February/March before I start dieting again.

Should You Ever Bulk?

Again it depends on you can your goals.

What kind of caloric surplus do you follow?

I don't really count calories in the offseason to be honest. I have target macros that I aim to hit, and make adjustments accordingly from there. But when I'm dieting I do count to help me make more precise adjustments. For the last few years Ive used a carb cylcing approach with great success. But at the moment I'm using a high protein, moderate carb, moderate fat approach.

Supplements

I believe in keeping my supps fairly simple. At the moment I'm using:

3 Scoops Supertein 1 hour Preworkout
    2 Scoops PMP 30 mins Preworkout
    1 Scoop Jetmass and 1 Scoop Carbotein Intraworkout
    And 2 scoops of muscle martini before, during, after cardio
    2 Servings Men's Multi plus Test daily
    6g Fish Oil daily
    2000 ius vitamin D daily
    300mg Alpha Lipoic Acid with meals twice daily
    1 81mg aspirin daily
    300mgs beatine hcl once daily
    Team GAT Representative

"Sometimes in life it's the barbell that lifts up the man."

Instagram: standout_nutrition

graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) graysonthacker is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dirty bulk? Yes, definitely the easiest way to go.
    Clean bulk? Yes, really hard to do though! Almost impossible!
    How much is too much? Don't let yourself get above 13-14% body fat if you're a male who is bulking. Just not worth it, and it is going to be harder and harder to drop down.
    Fat/lean muscle gain ratios? 3:1 for dirty 5:1 for clean (just made these up cause it sounded good haha)
    What did your most effective bulk look like? Haven't done one. Going to try soon.
    Should you EVER bulk? Sure, but it should be done gradually
    What kind of caloric surplus do you follow? I think 250 calories in excess of your BMR + calories expended during exercise is a good bet.
    Supplements during a bulk? Lots of protein powder, lots of BCAAs, lots of ergogens. Maybe some nutrient partitioning supps like fenugreek and berberine during heavy carb meals.

scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Dafuq? Have never seen those before

My wife got me a bunny last year and it just didn't taste right.... Those 1/2 pounders are where it's at
    The bunnies have more peanut butter mix and less chocolate. Hnnnngggg... definitely going to find those half pounders and spend a night alone in the bathtub. Will eat till I barf all over myself!

InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    those monster reese's are sooo worth it! Comfort food? oh yeah, that couch feels mighty comfy after finishing one of those.

Will respond to the bulking question... soon.
    “God will not have his work made manifest by cowards” - RWE
    1Cor 6:19-20, Rom 12:1-2
    [[|--- CM Appr. Crew --- |]]

thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000) thomasj182 is just really nice. (+1000)

Crushed one of these last christmas with a choklat bier by Southern Tier while playing Modern Warfare hahaha WORTH EVERY CALORIE!
    Follow me on Instagram: tjm182

Latest Review:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171826783&p=1450264013#post1450264013

Dafuq? Have never seen those before

The bunnies have more peanut butter mix and less chocolate. Hnnnngggg... definitely going to find those half pounders and spend a night alone in the bathtub. Will eat till I barf all over myself!
    Such a sheltered life they are awesome.

hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000) hdeindorfer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SOH11 View Post
    Dude I just bought a bag of Halloween Reese's cups!

White chocolate...they're ghost shaped
    Apparently on the bulk train?? LOL

dark chocolate > white chocolate >> milk chocolate.
    Team GAT Representative

15% off SUPERTEIN

$3 off Nitraflex

"The squat is the perfect analogy for life. It's about standing up after something heavy takes you down."

Originally Posted by Jdot5 View Post
    - Dirty bulk?
    ive done it and got tremendous gains and strength boosts. However it makes cutting down hell
    - Clean bulk?
    trying that this year. Looking to put on mass yet still be lean
    - How much is too much?
    anything over 25lbs from my maintenance weight
    15/85
    4 years ago I did an epic bulk where I got up to 220 and although I had the belly to match, I had hit some PRs of a 380lb squat for 3 reps, 350lbs deadlift for 3 reps, and 300lb bench for 3 reps. The squats and bench are still my PRs. Alot of people also took notice that year of how much i bulked
    - Should you EVER bulk?
    Yes but definitely do research on it and I would definitely advise doing a clean bulk instead of a dirty if you have never done it before
    I just started clean bulking 9/28 after being on maintenance mode since mid June. Ive been gradually increasing carbs every 3 weeks and I also eat a weekly cheat meal and dessert every Saturday night
    whey protein, casein protein, multivitamins, Glucose disposal agent, joint supplement, fish oils, and some vitamin c (since its cold out)
    this was my progress pics to start my lean mass phase on 9/28

Looking great! Thanks for the entry! Those strength gains that come with the weight increase are sooo good. I definitely miss that about being heavier!
    Team GAT Representative

15% off SUPERTEIN

$3 off Nitraflex

Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000) Deluz is just really nice. (+1000)
    1lb snickers

InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) InfiniteRecomp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm over the bulk/cut cycle thing. It may work fine for some people, but I'd rather just lift and make incremental and linear improvements (no yo-yo). I think I'm still trying to recover from a long long time of doing it wrong, hanging at ~22% BF. In my 40's I'm too old for it; thinking more long-term than I ever have.

Depending on the workout regimen and goals for a 6-12 week period (perhaps longer if things are going well) I will modify total caloric intake - averaged for the week, but follow a couple basic rules: less carbs on non-workout days, get the nutrients in (micro - not macro).

My diet for living healthy and makin gainzzzz:
    ** Worked myself back up to maintaining weight @ ~2800 Cals per day. Not long ago it was 2600 Cals and at the beginning of the year I was struggling at 2200 Cals. Decent improvement to make body comp gains IMHO. For a caloric surplus, I added 200 Cals a couple times and within a short time it became my norm and my bodyweight fell right back in line. Just like now. I wanted a 200 Cal surplus to fuel some size, which I'm seeing some improvement.
    ** Most important - eat for micros first, then macros. I have several staple foods that I almost have to eat for hormonal support and overall health.
    ** Must have - a day each week for treats! If I maintain clean eating all week - EPIC CHEAT DAY. Really only about 3,200 - 3,500 Cals - no biggie. If I avail myself to some snacks and such during the week (like go over sugars or fats), the it's just a satisfaction meal, not a day (3K - 3,200 total) - keeps me inline over the whole week, though.

Most effective bulk? About 5 years ago, I got this training program from a local semi-pro bodybuilder/gym trainer. On it, I got hungry as a Mo*Fo*; eating triple burgers at the Red Robin and all that. I was easily at 3K Cals + per day. Waist stayed the same, felt and looked bigger. good times. Then my waist started growing when I switched out programs, things changed, etc.

Supplements - since I don't really bulk out, here's my all the time stuff:
    Liquid multi + superfoods
    1.4g Fish Oil
    5k Vit D3 (plus and extra 1K from multi & 1K from test booster)
    Test Booster (cuz I'm old)
    Aminos when I can
    Preworkout or coffee
    Whey concentrate (although should be counted as just groceries)
    ** forgot to add: creatine, usually in preworkout or aminos when I'm looking to increase hypertrophy.

Should you ever bulk? - I'm not really big on it anymore. I would tell someone that it is better to eat for nutrition. If you want to gain, do so by adding 200 Cals and see how it affects your performance. The time it takes to do it in a clean manner can save you all the hassle and agony of having to diet it off, and your body should be in much better health. It's a more common sense approach to me.
    Last edited by InfiniteRecomp; 11-03-2015 at 02:28 PM.
    “God will not have his work made manifest by cowards” - RWE
    1Cor 6:19-20, Rom 12:1-2
    [[|--- CM Appr. Crew --- |]]

That peanut butter to chocolate ratio has to be on point. Advantage of the 1/2 pounders. SO MUCH PEANUT BUTTER.
    Team GAT Representative

15% off SUPERTEIN

$3 off Nitraflex

Originally Posted by InfiniteRecomp View Post
    I'm over the bulk/cut cycle thing. It may work fine for some people, but I'd rather just lift and make incremental and linear improvements (no yo-yo). I think I'm still trying to recover from a long long time of doing it wrong, hanging at ~22% BF. In my 40's I'm too old for it; thinking more long-term than I ever have.

Depending on the workout regimen and goals for a 6-12 week period (perhaps longer if things are going well) I will modify total caloric intake - averaged for the week, but follow a couple basic rules: less carbs on non-workout days, get the nutrients in (micro - not macro).

My diet for living healthy and makin gainzzzz:
    ** Worked myself back up to maintaining weight @ ~2800 Cals per day. Not long ago it was 2600 Cals and at the beginning of the year I was struggling at 2200 Cals. Decent improvement to make body comp gains IMHO. For a caloric surplus, I added 200 Cals a couple times and within a short time it became my norm and my bodyweight fell right back in line. Just like now. I wanted a 200 Cal surplus to fuel some size, which I'm seeing some improvement.
    ** Most important - eat for micros first, then macros. I have several staple foods that I almost have to eat for hormonal support and overall health.
    ** Must have - a day each week for treats! If I maintain clean eating all week - EPIC CHEAT DAY. Really only about 3,200 - 3,500 Cals - no biggie. If I avail myself to some snacks and such during the week (like go over sugars or fats), the it's just a satisfaction meal, not a day (3K - 3,200 total) - keeps me inline over the whole week, though.

Most effective bulk? About 5 years ago, I got this training program from a local semi-pro bodybuilder/gym trainer. On it, I got hungry as a Mo*Fo*; eating triple burgers at the Red Robin and all that. I was easily at 3K Cals + per day. Waist stayed the same, felt and looked bigger. good times. Then my waist started growing when I switched out programs, things changed, etc.

Supplements - since I don't really bulk out, here's my all the time stuff:
    Liquid multi + superfoods
    1.4g Fish Oil
    5k Vit D3 (plus and extra 1K from multi & 1K from test booster)
    Test Booster (cuz I'm old)
    Aminos when I can
    Preworkout or coffee
    Whey concentrate (although should be counted as just groceries)

Should you ever bulk? - I'm not really big on it anymore. I would tell someone that it is better to eat for nutrition. If you want to gain, do so by adding 200 Cals and see how it affects your performance. The time it takes to do it in a clean manner can save you all the hassle and agony of having to diet it off, and your body should be in much better health. It's a more common sense approach to me.
    I like the emphasis on long term health, micronutrients, and seeing things from a 40 ft view. I wouldn't say you're old, and also that test boosters are not just for "old" people either lol.

I agree for the most part. I think just about everyone on here has replied that they had "that one bulk" where they put on a ton of size, and some fat, and had great strength gains.

The important part is knowing your body and knowing what works for you. You have to be willing to try new things and experiment to find out what the best way is for you. Looks like you've put in the work
    Team GAT Representative

15% off SUPERTEIN

$3 off Nitraflex

Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jdot5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking great! Thanks for the entry! Those strength gains that come with the weight increase are sooo good. I definitely miss that about being heavier!
    yeah the strength gainz are awesome, the stomach gains is my problem lol
    -#TeamBramble #GetFitOrDie

Follow my Ongoing Physique Quest:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166876461

Instagram: The_Machine_JB

thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thackes1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dirty bulk?

Sure, a dirty bulk is fine, but coming down from it will be tougher.

Clean bulk?

The best route to take, but also the hardest one, requiring crazy discipline and planning.

How much is too much?

This question is a little non-specific so I'm not sure exactly what it is asking. I'm assuming that it is asking how much weight is too much to put on at once. Generally, I think 15 - 20 lbs should be the upper-limit for a bulk. Extending it over 4 - 5 months is a okay timetable for that too. The slower the bulk, the better. Changing your weight rapidly is definitely not a healthy practice.

Fat/lean muscle gain ratios?

It was be nice to be able to pull off ten pounds of muscle for every one pound of fat, but I'm not sure on the practical limitations to that.

What did your most effective bulk look like?

Never have run a real bulk. Not sure if I ever will haha

Should you EVER bulk?

If your goal is to get bigger, then you definitely should bulk haha

What kind of caloric surplus do you follow?

Supplements during a bulk?

5000IUs Vitamin D3, ZMA, B-complex, lots of creatine, BA, BCAAs, epicatechins, insulin-sensitizing supplements. I haven't really looked into the science of supplementation for bulking (I doubt there is much reputable science on such a topic), but I would love to see studies on it.
    Last edited by thackes1; 11-04-2015 at 06:36 AM.
    ☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

***All Reviews Accessible on BodySpace Page***

ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    - Dirty bulk?
    Unless you're burning a ton of calories exercising or are a competitive bodybuilder, I wouldn't advise anyone to dirty bulk. HOWEVER I do think everyone has to go through at least 1 dirty to know not to do it again.

- Clean bulk?
    Clean bulking is a much better option if you want to put on muscle while staying fairly lean year round although it does take longer than dirty bulking.

- How much is too much?
    For skinny guys such as myself I'd say going over 15% gets a bit too much

I'd say a ratio of 25%/75% fat/lean muscle gain ratio would be optimal.

- Should you EVER bulk?
    I think most people should devote a majority of their time bulking (lean of course) in order to give their bodies enough fuel to grow and cultivate mass rather than people who are constantly trying to lose weight and end up with very little muscle mass.

I've counted my calories in the past to become more familiar with my body's requirements; however, I find it too tedious nowadays so in order to bulk I simply force myself to eat more.

Protein
    Creatine
    Vitamins
    Preworkout

But most importantly FOOD
    ***COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW***
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***
    Twinlab Militia Member

"Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130261613&page=43

ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChosenBrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Forgot to add sweet potatoes are a GREAT addition to a clean bulking diet. Microwave, add some coconut oil and honey = GOOD EATIN
    ***COUNTRYMIKE APPRECIATION CREW***
    ***Los Angeles MISC Crew***
    Twinlab Militia Member

"Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."
    Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130261613&page=43

Apparently on the bulk train?? LOL

dark chocolate > white chocolate >> milk chocolate.
    No racist?

Originally Posted by ChosenBrah View Post
    Forgot to add sweet potatoes are a GREAT addition to a clean bulking diet. Microwave, add some coconut oil and honey = GOOD EATIN
    Baked Sweet Potato fries are so good too, Grill a big burger and bake a ton of fries and your free meal is complete...

604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 604Canuck604 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A dirty bulk is definitely the easy way to go, but i'm not looking forward to the cutting back down. I'm currently on a clean bulk trying to stay lean but it's extremely slow going. Maybe I could win a GAT product to help me put on that lean muscle

No racist?

You know I don't discriminate against all that sweet chocolate lovin.
    Team GAT Representative

15% off SUPERTEIN

$3 off Nitraflex