Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=StrivenMike;1540205841]Subbed. Used to follow you back in the day under a different name.
    I also regressed and am trying to reboot it. Hope you stick with it, I'll be watching.[/QUOTE

Hey man, thanks for subbing. I'll sub to yours too. I'm curious, what's your previous name? if your ok with disclosing that.

Regressing sucks, but i think 99% of us have to go through it a few times. But yeah, is sucks.

Best of luck for us.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Current fat loss log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176694811

StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrivenMike is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by AndreSerra View Post
    Hey man, thanks for subbing. I'll sub to yours too. I'm curious, what's your previous name? if your ok with disclosing that.

Regressing sucks, but i think 99% of us have to go through it a few times. But yeah, is sucks.

Best of luck for us.
    Used to use MTubz, I never posted much but I was following a bunch of people in the late 2015-16.
    07-08-2019 = 385 lbs | The Most I Have Ever Weighed.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I just wanted to say I lifted up a prayer for your grandmother.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000) ChristineMN is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Hi Andre,

Welcome back.
    It doesn't much matter how many times you go down.
    It only matters if you get up every time and keep going.
    So keep going.

You are not alone in going through this.
    If you look around the forums here, and outside of them, you'll discover that most people who lost any serious amount of weight will struggle at times to keep it off. Not all but most. If they are honest enough, they'll admit it. I am no different from that.
    Yup, too true.

When I've made great progress and/or reached my goals I always find that I give myself leeway on things ("You're fit now, it's cool if you skip the gym a few days here and there" "Getting takeout once isn't going to ruin your physique" etc.) And inevitably I end up back where I started.

No shame in that, it can happen to the best of us, just stay consistent and you can do it!

AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50) AndreSerra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StrivenMike View Post
    Used to use MTubz, I never posted much but I was following a bunch of people in the late 2015-16.
    I think I remember you. It is good to reconnect, man.

Originally Posted by stingray72 View Post
    I just wanted to say I lifted up a prayer for your grandmother.
    Hey man, I really wanna say thank you for saying a prayer for her. As I write I'm feeling emotional. It was the thoughest thing that has ever happened to me, losing my grandmother, and I still cry sometimes thinking of her. One thing I can say for sure: as she died, I instantly became A LOT like her.. things she did that one or two days before she passed would make me angry, now I do with my heart open, just like she would do - taking care of other people no matter what, working to have money to provide for other people, taking care of the house, being humble, not eating in order for others to eat, giving even what she couldnt, to help the less fortunate and more. It comforts me to know that she's in me now, and i'm slowly becoming a better person thanks to her influence. Now I have to honor her. She wouldn't sleep until she made sure I had eaten my salad and my fish after gym, even if it was 2am.. I can't let her down eating like a pig, after all she has done to try to help me.
    Thank you, again, for the words. God bless you.

Originally Posted by ChristineMN View Post
    Yup, too true.

When I've made great progress and/or reached my goals I always find that I give myself leeway on things ("You're fit now, it's cool if you skip the gym a few days here and there" "Getting takeout once isn't going to ruin your physique" etc.) And inevitably I end up back where I started.

No shame in that, it can happen to the best of us, just stay consistent and you can do it!
    I can 100% relate to that. It just takes 1 or 2 cheat days to unfold a 2 months of devastation, lol. Sometimes we have to be drastic.

Thanks for the words. I'm in search of consistency, that's my fight.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you counting macros and logging daily?
    I like to count and log Mon-Sat, and eat more freely on Sunday while resting.
    That seems to work well for me.

Are you counting macros and logging daily?
    I like to count and log Mon-Sat, and eat more freely on Sunday while resting.
    That seems to work well for me.
    Not yet. But I'm getting there. Now i'm just watching portions, eating healthy and counting spoons of rice, size of steaks and so on.

How many calories you eat a day when cutting?
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Hello,

Today I logged my meals, and the results were:

Kcal - 2.401
    p -197g
    f - 123g
    c - 135g

I went a bit over the top with fat, since I had 2 sandwiches today and in both of them i used a sort of cottage cheese we have here in brazil.. tomorrow i'll try to eat a bit less fat.

I decided to follow a more conservative diet, eating more carbs and more calories in general, and today I felt great. Great mood, lots of energy, better humour, better reasoning and, most important, GREAT workout. Today I trained legs, really heavy for my current level and, afterwards, I walked for 60 min on the threadmill keeping my heart rate at around 140BPM. I can't recall when was the last time I did that. My shins are showing signs of improvement, and the burning sensation is getting less relevant during the walk.. but I still can't walk at the same speed I used to 1.5 years ago =(... it seems that as I approach my 30's my weight is becoming a real burden for my body.

Just before going to the gym, I had 2 slices of bread and a 3 egg omelette, so you can tell that I was pretty full.. but during the cardio I felt my stomach 100% empty which, I don't know, made me feel that my metabolism is coming back up and also that my workout was being effective. Success.

Now, I'm gonna keep an eye for the scale.. if next wednesday my weight is around the same and my clothes wont fit me better, i'm gonna reduce for 2200 kcal instead of 2400.

thanks for reading
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Hi everybody,

Yesterday i didn't log here but i managed to stay within my calories limit and did a good workout. I trained chest and arms, and afterwards walked for 60 min at around 135bpm. Today i trained shoulders and back, and again walked for 60 min at the same heart rate.

Today my mother in law came to visit my house for the first time, so my girlfriend asked me to cook something nice for her... she said either a spaghetti carbonara or a nice homemade burger... i chose the burger (with no fries!!) and, after logging the calories on My Fitness Pal, I could still eat another burger if I wanted and still be within my calories limit!!! There must be something wrong...

Now my question for you all.. I just came back from the gym.. I stayed there for more than 2 hours.. but as of now i'm nowhere near hungry... should I eat just to hit my macros or is it ok if today I end the day at 1700 kcal? This question might sound stupid, but I really don't know what's best right now.

Monday i'll weigh myself and maybe take a picture!
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

no worries, hunger came, already ate..

KCAL - 2.266
    P - 163g
    C - 240g
    F - 73g

I went a bit over carbs today, my target is 220g, but stayed under my kcal limit.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AndreSerra View Post
    How many calories you eat a day when cutting?
    15% - 20% deficit.
    You can even get good results at 10% deficit if you are consistent.

A 20% deficit seems to work best for me.

15% - 20% deficit.
    You can even get good results at 10% deficit if you are consistent.

A 20% deficit seems to work best for me.
    i'm aiming for 20% too.. but its just weird for me to eat 2400.. i mean, of course i like it, but its seems wrong. Thanks to cardio my anxiety is under control so i'll stick to that for one more week to see what happens.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

everytime I go back to the gym after a long period off I think of how can exercise give you such a good sensation. Its been like 8 days since i'm back at lifting really heavy and doing 60 min of cardio daily, and I feel like someone else already. I gotta keep that in mind if I ever again show signs of losing motivation to workout.. even if I don't lose a pound, just working out its better than not.

Over the past days i've consistently kept my calories under 2400. Its the first time I cut at such high calories and i'm a bit aprehensive, but i'll stick with that until next sunday because I think it is working.. today at the gym I've never felt stronger.

Weigh-in

01/15/18 - 304.0 lbs
    01/22/18 - 301.6 lbs

After all, I think that eating more carbs is just what I needed.

Bench today (reps - weight)
    10 - 110
    10 - 132
    8 - 154
    6 - 172
    5 - 172

The other lifts are still a bit behind, specially triceps (i've always had problems with triceps strenght), but the progress is coming fast.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10) PhantomEater is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Subbed, well done for getting back on it and as mentioned previously it happens to the best of us slipping off but you got back on, life happens we can’t stop life and that’s something I’ve just learnt to accept

Sorry to hear about your grandmother you sound like a great man and one that a man would be proud of, just make sure you get that fish in after gym

Looking forward to following you over the next few months

Go get it bro
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step"

21/12/16: 259lb
    21/1/18: 214lb
    Tranformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173362951&p=1481295921&posted=1#post1481295921

Originally Posted by PhantomEater View Post
    Subbed, well done for getting back on it and as mentioned previously it happens to the best of us slipping off but you got back on, life happens we can’t stop life and that’s something I’ve just learnt to accept

Sorry to hear about your grandmother you sound like a great man and one that a man would be proud of, just make sure you get that fish in after gym

Looking forward to following you over the next few months

Go get it bro
    thanks for the kind words bro!

We can do this. I hope to always bring good news from this day on!
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Diet:
    Kcal - 2,229
    P - 176g
    F - 91g
    C - 161g

Exercise:
    -Shoulder & Back - last set of deadlift with 154lbs for 8 reps.
    -No cardio since I got to the gym at 11pm and was too tired

Notes:
    -Pretty good to follow a IIFYM strategy. Had japanese food today (2 temaki rolls), lots of salad, avocado, beef.. and managed to stay under my kcal limit. I'm barely ever hungry.. I actually just feel hungry before lunch and late night after doing cardio.

-I MUST buy another kitchen scale since mine is broken. I try to overestimate the weights, but the odds are I'm underestimating

-Today I spoke to a former personal trainer of mine.. he charged me a very affordable monthly price to make me a custom workout routine, that changes every month. I'm considering, because I'm finding extremely hard to find a plan that fits my needs, especially now that you have to pay in order to get access to all the plans =(
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Doing great, Andre.
    Good job on the weight loss as well.

Doing great, Andre.
    Good job on the weight loss as well.
    Thank, man.
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs

Hi all, been away for a week since I got sick and didn't diet nor workout. My diet was ok, I probably stayed under maintenance, but had alcohol 2 or 3 times since last post.

I'm heading to the gym now and when I'm back I'll take a picture to see if I see any difference. If yes, I'll post it here =)

Best,
    Andre
    5'9 - 30 years
    Jan 16th - 330lbs