Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hero's get lean log

Alright so I just signed up for an actual account on here but I've been lurking on here since May.
    Growing up I played sports and in high school, decided to focus solely on baseball. I was sort of a pudgy kid as a child but not too bad. Once I got to high school I really hit a growth spurt. As a freshman I was 5'10" and weighed 123 lbs. Needless to say, I was a toothpick. My coaches tried and tried to get me to put on some mass. Somewhere between the end of sophomore year and beginning of junior year, I was hitting the weights hard and pounding down about anything I could find. It was your prototypical "dirty bulk". Long story short I got a lot stronger. I was on a baseball specific routine so it was heavy legs and mostly pull exercises when it came to upper body. My squat was 405, bench was 215, power clean 225. We didn't ever max dead lifts. While i got stronger, I also put on lots of body fat. I was just so caught up in getting stronger I really didn't care how I looked. Honestly, I was blind to it. I really thought I looked fine. Fast forward to the summer after senior year. Keep in mind my diet was horrible. I was eating out multiple times a day almost every day. At my heaviest I was 210 lbs. No idea what my body fat % was but I'm guesstimating it was somewhere between 25 and 30%. I started to notice my blood pressure was really high and it just wasn't a healthy lifestyle. Freshman year of college (last year), I looked in the mirror and was kinda blown away. I knew I had to make a change. At this point I was down to about 190-195 lbs depending on the day. So i started where most uneducated people start. Ramp up the cardio. So I would run 2 miles a day every day. Most of the time i would take a rest day on a Saturday, Sunday, or even the whole weekend. Meanwhile, I didn't know anything about macros nor was I weight training. I just tried to cut carbs when I could and substitute fruit for a side item whenever I could. Overall, the diet wasn't great though. Bagels every morning, and whatever was being served that day in the restaurants on campus here at my university. I hated vegetables so that was a big fat no from me. So here I am running every day just happy go lucky. I did not have a scale or anything to weigh myself so I didn't really know what sort of results I was getting. I finally went home a couple months later and weighed in. I was down to 175 lbs. I was thinking holy crap this is amazing. But we all know the scale is deceiving. I had lost a lot of fat but I also had lost a lot of lean mass cause I wasn't lifting. Hello, skinny fat. So starting in May I began lifting again. I was able to get noob gains since I had taken 2 years off lifting which was pretty cool. Anyways, I have worked my way down to 5'10" (yeah, I'm still the same height as I was as a freshman in high school) and 160 lbs. I am probably about 17% body fat now. I have a flat stomach and lean chest but I have love handles from hell. My arms look lean and they are vascular. My goals are to get down to a point where I have abs (that magical 10-12%, I guess), and then actually put on some good lean mass. So yeah thats really cool. Also, since I started eating on a cutting diet, salad with dressing (which I hated before) and other cooked vegetables and other foods I hated taste like the food of the gods now, so I am really not picky at all.

Currently,
    Bench:185
    Squat: 285
    Deads: Ill be honest, I haven't maxed deads.

I get anywhere between 1600-1900 calories a day
    ~160-190g protein
    ~80-150g carbs
    ~40-80g fat
    It all changes depending on the day.

I take BPI best creatine, Xtend BCAA, BPI Whey HD, BSN Syntha-6, Dymatize Elite Casein, and Animal Pak Multi's

Sometimes I eat quest bars. I love oats with natural peanut butter (its a daily thing I look forward to). I was eating a lot of broccoli but I'm on green beans now. Changing it up al little. Chicken breast, ground beef, tilapia, and egg whites are my usual sources of protein. Experimenting with ground turkey now though. I try to have as little sugar as possible but I'll have an apple every now and again. I have also been experimenting with the ezekiel bread burger buns. I enjoy a nice burger so I'll have that with some ground beef, lettuce, onion, and goat cheese. Im usually really strict on my diet. I don't cheat much. But this past week I went home and felt obligated to eat out with family so I gained some water weight. Weighed in at 163. But I'm sure that goes back down in the next couple days as per usual.

So yeah, Ill try and post here every day but I'm in college and life gets busy sometimes. Hope you guys enjoy.
    Last edited by Hero5; 10-30-2015 at 04:13 PM.

Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hero5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Saturday morning weigh in: 160.9 lbs

Today is my rest day.

Today's planned meals:
    Breakfast - 9 egg whites + 1 scoop of whey protein

Mid morning snack - Quest Bar (Pumpkin Pie flavor)

Lunch - 8oz Chicken breast, 1 granny smith apple, 40g Jif natural creamy peanut butter

Dinner - 4 oz 93/7 ground turkey topped with 1oz goat cheese, romaine lettuce, and chopped onion all on an Ezekiel Bread English Muffin + 3oz green beans

Nighttime snack - 1 scoop casein

Total calories: ~1645
    Last edited by Hero5; 10-31-2015 at 10:42 AM.