Registered (self-ab)user OneManRIOT's Avatar
    OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OneManRIOT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Flat feet surgery

I've finally made an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon for the severely flat feet I've had all my life.

I have so many imbalances and immobilities causing discomfort and dysfunction as a result of these feet (made much worse by otrhotics, they bowed out my lower leg while my thighs continued to collapse in) that I stick to leg press in lieu of squatting. I cannot lunge, stiff leg deadlift or train my calves at all because my legs are physically collapsed in at the knee (i.e. without weight bearing). Weight bearing is off at every junction from my feet to my hips.

My only realistic option at this point is surgery. Not going to the gym for months is going to kill me, but this issue has made me so miserable that when I see other guys at the gym, I think to myself "fk them and their able bodies"

TL;DR my entire lower body is about as dysfunctional as possible and is only going to get worse. Has anyone had surgery on flat feet? How is/was recovery and are you limited at all now that you're fully recovered?

raymond3412 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OneManRIOT View Post
    I've finally made an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon for the severely flat feet I've had all my life.

I have so many imbalances and immobilities causing discomfort and dysfunction as a result of these feet (made much worse by otrhotics, they bowed out my lower leg while my thighs continued to collapse in) that I stick to leg press in lieu of squatting. I cannot lunge, stiff leg deadlift or train my calves at all because my legs are physically collapsed in at the knee (i.e. without weight bearing). Weight bearing is off at every junction from my feet to my hips.

My only realistic option at this point is surgery. Not going to the gym for months is going to kill me, but this issue has made me so miserable that when I see other guys at the gym, I think to myself "fk them and their able bodies"

TL;DR my entire lower body is about as dysfunctional as possible and is only going to get worse. Has anyone had surgery on flat feet? How is/was recovery and are you limited at all now that you're fully recovered?

Hey I am also flat footed and was wondering what led you to get the surgery done.Also, what improvements in your lifting have you noticed after getting the surgery? I have my surgery booked two weeks from now but I'm having second thoughts as to if its worth it to get an arch back,and have my foot realigned. I hope you are able to respond back.