Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Krazy's Attempt At Being Swole While Being Natty!

Humorous title but srs thread.

I've never done anything like this so forgive me if it's lackluster lol. I haven't really been lifting consistently, sometimes 3 days, maybe 2 and even 1 day a week if the work week is really bad. BUT because of a mod named davisj3537 I am going to stick to the SS routine and TRY my damnedest to get 3 days in. I will explain why I didn't get my day in but being tired isn't fuking one of them! Although I have to say I may not do power cleans, I'm too nervous trying to land the bar onto my delts with heavy weight. I can power clean 135lbs but landing it onto my delts and not killing my collarbone is fukin tough to do and scary. Although I'm starting with 95lbs and I'll update what I decide on later in the program. It will either be BOR or PC's. Quick back story...

Basically started lifting "seriously" on July 27th 2014 after I purchased an SML-2 from Rogue, a CAP OB-86B and plates from Play It Again Sports. 4 - 45's, 2 - 25's, 4 - 10's, 2 - 5's and 2 - 2 1/2's. Starting with the bar on most lifts except the deadlift, I worked my way up to a weight that I felt safe lifting until I got the spotter arms for the SML-2. When I got those (July 20 2015 - yes a year later kum at me) chit got real and I started getting into different programs and testing my 10 rep maxes to have an idea of where I am strength wise. Although because of work being so damn demanding, time wise and mentally to the point of nodding off on the way home, also wanting results quick and wanting to be at a 1 plate bench, 1 plate squat and 2 plate deadlift I tried all kinds of programs to get me there with the time allowed, along with my own edited versions and even my own "pyramid scheme" program. In the end, even though I've made my gains, the time wasted could have been focused on doing a program suited for my needs which is the SS program. Perfect amount of sets and reps for my time allowed, which is doing the lifts and for recovery.

That said this is where I started and here is where I'm at. Like I say I started lifting seriously after I got the spotter arms, which was about a week later and decided to make that my official starting weight. Also as you can see at one point I tested my 5x5 and 1 set of as many reps as possible. This is exactly what I have typed out in a text document that I use to record my sessions. Yes I'm all over the board with testing my lifts and I'm sure it all looks potato AF but it is what it is. Also I have some ISO lifts in there and workout B is where I left off, I'll bump when I do workout A. As for food, nothing special, I don't do IIFYM, I don't count calories. I just know what foods are high in what, keep it balanced and get as much protein as possible by way of protein shakes, meat, milk and cottage cheese. I also watch my weight, if I start to inflate like a balloon I back it down and don't eat as much for a day or two until I lift again.

STARTING WEIGHT AUG 2015

Squat @ 60% - 95lbs
    Bench @ 60% - 95lbs
    Deadlift @ 60% - 160lbs

** NEW PB HIT!! **

OCT 8 2015

SQUAT - 5x5 @ 135lbs
    BENCH - 5x5 @ 135lbs
    DEADLIFT - 5x5 @ 225lbs
    =======================

** NEW PB HIT!!!!!! **

OCT 18 2015

SQUAT - 1x12 @ 135lbs
    BENCH - 1x12 @ 135lbs
    DEADLIFT - 1x15 @ 200lbs

SS PROGRAM - STARTING WEIGHT AND BW - OCT 21 2015

@ 190lbs

S - 70% of 190lbs = 135lbs
    B - 70% of 190lbs = 135lbs
    D - 70% of 320lbs = 225lbs
    OHP - 75lbs
    PC - 95lbs
    =======================
    ISO LIFTS

DAVE DRAPER CURLS - 3x12 @ 55lbs
    SKULLS - 3x15 @ BAR
    SITUPS - 3x18 @ 25lbs
    ================================================== =======================
    ================================================== =======================
    WORKOUT B -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 140lbs
    PRESS - 3x5 @ 75lbs
    CLEANS - 5x3 @ 95lbs
    ================== OCT 23 - DONE

Surprisingly repped out 140lbs on the squat like I would an empty bar. Not sure if music or getting stronger and better at the squat. Press felt good. And the form and technique during cleans is about 80%. I just can't allow myself to let the bar land onto my delts. I'm afraid of wrecking my collarbone which does have a small bruise on the right side now. I may end up switching to BOR's if I can't do this lift properly. It serves me no purpose to fuk myself up over a lift when I don't have a professional to look me over.

IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IronKrazy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ** NEW PB HIT!! **

DEADLIFT - 1x1 @ 290lbs

WORKOUT A -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 145lbs
    BENCH - 3x5 @ 140lbs
    DEADLIFT - 1x5 @ 230
    ================== OCT 26 - DONE

Squats went very well. Again the bar speed, for me anyway, was fantastic. This is the first time that I felt more confident with my squat and stronger in my legs than I did my arms for bench.

I felt a little weak on the bench. Thought about making it 145lbs like my squat to keep my numbers even for as long as possible but glad I didn't. The bar speed was there but I think it's this POS used Bodysolid flat bench I bought from Play It Again. It leans to one side a little because of the tolerance of craftsmanship from this company. It was cheap and I wanted something there and then. It's not bad nor is it hindering me as I can balance myself out but some point soon I'm going to get the flat bench from Rogue. The I/F/D benches are just out of my budget for now.

As for the deadlift. Smooth as a young Diane Lane's ass. I felt so good and had enough energy left that I decided to go for some 1RM's and got up to 290lbs ONLY because of my grip strength. I know for a fact I can bring more than that up. Oh well hopefully over time as I progress properly with the weight my grip will improve. I'd hate to go to straps or sum chit as I want to stay away from gear as long as possible.

Fuk mother nature. Semi srs. Sometimes she's kool. Although last night the wind knocked out my power and I wasn't able to lift which FUKED UP my week of lifting! I'm OCD and would like to keep Mon as a lifting day so I may do tonight and Fri night to get my 3 days in and then rest Sat and Sun.

TBH though I'm thinking of going 4 days a week with this program. I'm recovering, feels like to me, very well and it feels like too long of a period without lifting and I get an itch to lift on the days I'm supposed to rest. Yeah I'm tired as a motherfuker at the end of the day but my body isn't. I feel like doing Mon - Tues - OFF - Thur - Fri - OFF - OFF. If anyone reads this and wants to comment on it please do. Maybe I shouldn't though. Maybe every other day is best even though I feel like it's time wasted.

WORKOUT B -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 150lbs
    PRESS - 3x5 @ 80lbs
    BOR 3x5 @ 110lbs
    ================== OCT 29 - DONE

Squats went pretty well, felt heavy toward the last rep on the 2nd and 3rd set but no grinders AND I also paused for a few seconds at the bottom of the 5 rep of set 3 lol. Felt great. Press felt good and isn't quite heavy enough to challenge me or feel like it's intense yet. I think by 95lbs - 100lbs is where it will start to kick in.

And BOR. Yes I ditched the PC's. I just do not feel comfortable trying to catch the bar onto my delts. For one my delts are lacking to help cushion the blow and I fear damaging my collarbone. I just can't afford ANY injury and having something happen because of doing a lift I'm not comfortable doing nor getting the hang of. I love this lift and I know if I could get the rack part down I could start with about 115lbs - 120lbs. Maybe one day down the road.

As for BOR's tonight. Not sure if I should have gone with the 5x3 scheme or go with the 3x5. I did 5 reps of 95lbs and it felt light AF, so I threw on 15lbs more and it still was a bit light. Though it will climb quick with each session and better to start light and get comfortable with it than go balls to the wall too soon.

I think I'm going to try for four days a week next week. I feel really good after tonight's session and I want to advance up in weight quicker than I am. I like the idea of having an even number of sessions per week instead of ABA - BAB. It will be ABAB each week. I'll try it and if it's too much I'll revert back to the proper amount of days.

WORKOUT A -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 155lbs
    BENCH - 3x5 @ 145lbs
    DEADLIFT - 1x5 @ 235lbs
    CURLS - 3x12 @ 55lbs
    ================== NOV 2 - DONE

So here I sit with a couple of chicken salad sammiches and a blender full of a scoop and a half of protein, half water, half whole milk and ice. Not to mention the incredible pump I have going on from being off for 3 days. Just one extra from the normal "weekend" off.

Squats are starting to feel a little heavy. No grinders but I am having to drive a bit harder. I think by about 165lbs - 175lbs is when I will start to really grind on the last reps, if not stall out. That's ok, it has to come some time.

Bench was a little rough only because I have a bit of a dull pain in my left shoulder. I'm not sure if that was from trying to bench too wide the past week or so or trying to do those PC's but I was able to work through it going back to a neutral grip and things seem fine. I think my shoulders are too narrow to go wide grip so I'll stay with neutral or close for the time being. Maybe later when I run my course of 3x5 I'll go lighter and work with a wide grip to hit the area(s) I miss.

Deadlift went great. I feel as though I could have added 15lbs this round but I'm not going to do that. It's bad enough I'm going to stray from the prescribed 3 days and try AB OFF AB OFF OFF but like I say at times I feel great some nights and know I could pound some reps out.

Draper Curls. Yeah I busted some out, kum at me! Fukin forearms and bi's are ready to tear through my skin! LOVE IT! Actually felt stronger doing 55lbs this time around, so I may up it next time.

Now on to doing 4 days a week. Like I say I'm going to try it. Today is A, Tues will be B. From what I've gathered many seem to think the idea of going 4 days a week is ok. Some are pretty strict with following the layout but quite a few see no problem with it, as long as I can progress and handle it. If not, no problem going back to 3 a week. My main reason for going with this frequency is for bench, I am NOT hitting bench enough. This way I'll be able to double the amount of times I hit bench each month.

WORKOUT B -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 160lbs
    PRESS - 3x5 @ 85lbs
    BOR 3x5 @ 135lbs
    SITUPS 3x10 @ 35lbs (25lb+10lb plate on chest)
    ================== NOV 3 - DONE

Well I did it. Back to back. And tbh it didn't feel any different than I would have expected from doing my Workout B on Wed and adding my normal 5lbs.

Squats felt a tad heavier and difficult but that's to be expected doing squats back to back for the first time ever I believe. No grinders but the drive needed to get back up on the 4th n 5th rep is becoming more noticeable. I actually used a camera to video my squat session as I questioned my form just a little (good mornings) and nope no lean and with just a tad break or tweak in my core as I push away from the floor, all is well. I want to go back and watch it closely to see how ATG I'm going. I know I'm below parallel but I feel at times I'm quite deep but I may not be (ass to calves) deep. Feels good to have done what I said I wanted to do and squat 160lbs to boot!

Press feels fine. No lower back pain and 85lbs is a little light so hopefully that means I won't stall too early and maybe even get to a 1 plate press! It piss!

BOR. I jumped from 110lbs to 135lbs. I did it with no problem and tbh felt I was strong enough to start with 1 plate and I should have.

Then I did some situps on my flat bench like I normally do. This time I bumped the weight up 10lbs and dropped the reps just to be sure but I could have gotten more, like 3x12 or 15. So next time I may up the weight and go for 12 or use the same weight and go for sets of 15.

That's it. Wed OFF! Lets see how this goes.

Reposting as I meant to say workout B in the first line lol. No edits wanna keep it clean monica.

WORKOUT A -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 165lbs
    BENCH - 3x5 @ 150lbs
    DEADLIFT - 1x5 @ 245lbs
    CURLS - 3x12 @ 60lbs
    ================== NOV 5 - DONE

Ho Lee Chit........ I'm rekt. This workout session was fukin brutal, in a good way. I can definitely say I'm making gains. Obviously.

Squats are feeling ok still. It's like I can pump out the first 3 reps each set like I'm still on 135lbs or less but then the load kicks in and the bar speed slows down. Which is a good sign I suppose. Means I'm sort of close to the point where I start to miss reps and stall but not yet. I hope I don't. I'd love it if I could get to 225lbs before I have to reset. I'll see. Gonna pound as much protein down as I can, eat as right as possible and hope I make it to and through 175lbs this Monday.

Bench went well this time. Left shoulder pain was not there this time and I was able to rep it out like I had 100% in both arms. A little slow on the bar speed near the last 2 reps but I may go to 3 - 4 minute breaks, for squat and bench to make sure I get the reps in. 155lbs should be no problem next week.

I decided to throw on 10lbs instead of 5lbs to the deadlift this time. Felt fine but I also think my back is giving up a little so I'm going to have to watch myself. I can't chance injury so if I stay at this weight or 250lbs and work on getting my core stronger so be it. It's not bad but I'll have to watch. Probably going to record my next deadlift session to be sure.

Dem dare Draper curls I telluwut. Feckin pump was sexy brahs! 3x12 kicked my ass. Not sure if I'll try and stay at that with 65lbs or go to 3x10.

As for doing 4 times a week lol. Fuk man, I could do it if it wasn't for my job. My body just doesn't have a chance to recover properly from this. I dunno. Gonna finish out this week as I said I would but I'll decide whether or not I'll stick to it. Just sucks cause I'd like to get in an extra bench session each week. Just feels like I'm not hitting bench enough. Mainly afraid I'll lose gains for it being so spread out and having too much off time, especially on week BAB.

Other than that, tonight's DONE!

Just to update before midnight. I didn't make it and I doubt I will do 4 days a week. I am absolutely rekt, mentally, from work. I also don't feel 100% as I'm a little sore in the legs from yesterday's effort and also I just didn't have the energy mentally to do the workout. My mind was so exhausted it felt too dangerous to try and attempt to put the effort into squats tonight. Especially for 170lbs. I needed rest badly. I couldn't even finish what I was eating as I was passing out with the plate on my lap 15 mintues after I got home. With my job being so taxing on me 4 days just is not possible and it FUKING SUCKS! I KNOW I could have gotten 4 days in if things were different for me and I wanted it badly. So whatever the fuk ever! **** the daily grind and FML!

I did however get my 3 days in this week, which was ABA. So BAB next week it is. Hopefully. Maybe if I feel up to it I'll throw in an extra bench session on my day off. It also may happen to where I do workouts back to back as Wed's are my most demanding days and I may not feel up to it. So I may do Mon - Tues - OFF - OFF - Fri - OFF - OFF. Or something like that. It's not going to be for a lack of trying brah's. Damn it.

WORKOUT B -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 170lbs
    PRESS - 3x5 @ 90lbs
    BOR 3x5 @ 140lbs
    SITUPS 3x12 @ 10lbs - Plate Behind Head!
    ================== NOV 9 - DONE

So here I am, back to workout B and on the normal schedule. I hope it goes well. If, actually when, work picks up I may not be able to do all three workouts a night. I just won't have ANY time at all nor will I be able to recover properly. I need to be sharp and alert these coming weeks. My job and safety come first before gains. So it may end up where I do 1 or 2 lifts a night or something like that so I can stay near my current stats. I'll figure it out as time goes on here as to how I can get all the compounds in. It may be where I do one lift a night for 5 days. I dunno.

Squats felt better than I expected. I was a bit nervous seeing how the weight is getting heavier and thought for sure, even though I'm rested and was pumped, that I was going to miss a rep on a set or two. But that wasn't the case! Actually I killed it, all except for the 5th rep on set 3. That..... was about a 45% grinder I won't lie. Though I also tried to make sure I went deep AF tonight which means I'm doing quite well going so deep with 170lbs on my back. My core also felt worked like a motha focker too! Felt good to feel that. To me getting to my BW on squats before I have to reset would be great, getting to that 2 plate squat would be tits!

Press is good. Not too sure where I want to put my hands on the bar. Where I would when I bench? A more neutral? Closer? Right now I'm about neutral and it feels fine but I hope I don't bring about shoulder pain. I'm going to look up some press videos and articles to see what others say. 90lbs felt good and is still a tiny bit light. I think 100-105lbs is where I will hit a wall with this lift.

BOR @ 140lbs is a bit light. I actually didn't need but 30 second rests in between sets, although I took the normal minute or so. I am doing it strict, srs. No lifting my body to get it to my chest or anything like that, at least not yet lol!

On situps I decided to move the weight to the back of my head. Putting the center of the plate onto the back of my skull. I actually put a 45lb plate on my chest and that was far too big. I could situp with it but there was no resistance. The second I put the 10lb plate behind me I felt an IMMEDIATE difference!! So I did 3x12 of those and my core was worked far more than before.

So that's that. Lookin forward to that 155lb bench and 255lb deadlift night!!

JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) JustBulk has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Good luck brah.
    Aesthetic Nutsack Crew
    Plays with balls as I MISC Crew
    No underwear Crew
    Raw dog Crew

Originally Posted by JustBulk View Post
    Good luck brah.
    Whoa, thanks for that monica! Means a lot man!

So yeah. The lights just went out for a split second. Srs. Storms are rollin through and it's supposed to stay gusty throughout the night. There is no way I'm squattin down with 175lbs on my back only for it to go dark on me. As Jackie Gleason would say but in this case, to the moon mother nature! I guess it's going to be back to back this week, if not thur/sat and pick back up on mon! Cot dayum it!!

WORKOUT A -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 175lbs
    BENCH - 3x5 @ 155lbs
    DEADLIFT - 1x5 @ 255lbs
    ================== NOV 12 - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got it done. Life took a 180 tonight. Had a helluva day at work today and in a good way. Just basically flirted with this girl for two hours straight while my work sat. Felt goodman.jpg. Although when I got home I got a reality check, for me and a family member. But that check was coming at some point anyway. Fuk it, if all I end up having in my life for quite a while is lifting, this forum and the internet then SO FUKING BE IT!! Bring it da fuk on ghey ass earth!

Anyway. Squats. Squats felt absolutely fantastic. I'm not sure if it's cuz anger, that I just got a good bit stronger, needed that extra day or all of it but I didn't even have a grinder and my bar speed was on par. Nothing else to say about that lift tonight. I don't feel as though I'm nearing a missed rep yet but you never know. Just destroyed squats tonight!!

Bench was a bit heavy tonight. No grinders or missed reps but the bar speed was certainly slow on the last two reps of set 2 and 3. Felt like my squats did before tonight, maybe I'll be better than ever next week with it like I felt tonight with squats. I am a bit worried about the next session. This is what I'm talking about, I just don't think I'm benching enough or getting enough frequency with this lift and I think I'm going to fukin start stalling and even reset early because of it. Maybe not but it feels that way. That's a long break from benching going from a fri to a wed of the following week man. Fuk it, I'm going to run it and then at some point I'll either find something or set up my own routine. It will stay pretty simple. Like squat and bench 3x's a week, OHP and BOR's 2x's and deadlift 1x or sum chit. I don't know.

Speaking of deadlift. 255lbs was quite heavy tonight. Not really for my legs, nor especially back but my grip. Stayed tight AF with it tonight but I had to take a few seconds to regain a little of my grip back to get the 5th rep in. Sucks man. Could be the fact of the bench affecting my deadlift grip as I'm gripping quite hard to hold onto that 155lbs and like is stated, "bending the bar", staying tight, using my lats etc. Just going to keep going with it.

And with that this will be a bit different as I won't have that 2 days in a row break until next sat fuking lol! I may take a week off the following week after next if I feel that my joints need it. I actually bought a big bottle of fish oil 1000mg per and then a bottle of Centrum for my multi to get bigger haha.

Until sat brahs!

Well, this isn't good. Didn't get my third day in. At least in proper time. Maybe I'll have enough energy to do it Sun and then I'll just pick back up on it Tues. At this point in time and after having woke up from a desperately needed few hours of rest I'm not sure if I can keep up with the every other day schedule of lifting. As I start to come home later and later to where I'm having less and less time to lift, sit and cool off, eat and hit the sack immediately after having a couple of protein shakes (pretty much chugging the chit), the work load and stress of the job and the weight getting heavier as I notice the effort and intensity going up, I think it's going to be where I get it done properly if I can and if not then I get it done when I do. All it means is just slower progress but as I sit here feeling absolutely fuking rekt, mostly mentally and a bit physically I'll admit, I just can't overcome the "end of the week" exhaustion my system is experiencing. My system crashed hard a few hours ago and I didn't feel too good. I feel like I just did an Ironman triathlon or something. It was a bit of a rough week though so that might be playing a part too but I think a small part at that.

I'm going to keep digging. That's for a mother lovin fact! Although at some point I may try to modify this routine, like I mentioned in a previous post (FOR THE TIME BEING) until work slows back down. So I can at least try to keep my gains, if not still progress with my lifts. I've put too much effort into getting to the stats I have and there's no way I'm letting go!!

So with that, I'll just keep updating what happens and over time hopefully I'll be back to a normal schedule with this routine and hope to continue making progress! I WANT that 225lb squat and at least BW bench!!

Just The Way It Goes In Life Sometimes!

Ok here is what I have planned, at least for the foreseeable future until work slows down. I know some may cringe at the thought of moving away from the program this early but it's because of the timing of when I started it, actually getting up there in a decent amount of weight for me with my current progress and not being able to have a proper amount of time to lift, calm down, slam a couple shakes and hit the sack only to get 3.5 or 4 hrs of sleep. I just can't do that and as they say muscles are made in the kitchen and when you rest. So here is the plan for the next month, at least. I loved the feeling of doing SS and I still want to squeeze every last drop from the routine as I can. I'm not just going to quit it because the workload is getting tough on this routine, it's only because I can't properly do it or handle it because of my job at this moment. Ok yada, yada, on to what I have planned. I am starting this routine that I made with my current stats and it will be the same platform as SS as in workout A/workout B and with the same set/rep scheme. The only thing is the workouts will be WEEKLY!

After some reading and at minimal, lifts need to be done twice a week and it seems the deadlift will be fine being done once a week. I also have it to where I'm doing it every other day, as it seems anything more than 48hrs and it's a waste. Not sure how much truth there is to that as I was off for 3 days one point here and felt pretty good with progress made and with an awesome pump lol. Now it may happen where I do go an extra day before I lift again. From what I can tell, chit is about to hit the fan for me and I'm a bit worried. So instead of giving up entirely, I'm modifying it and trying to continue lifting to get in what I can. No there are no rest days in between obviously, but I'm not hitting the same muscles back to back so I should be able to recover well going day to day with this.

Workout A

Mon - Squat - BOR
    Tues - Bench
    Wed - Deadlift - OHP
    Thurs - Squat
    Fri - Bench - BOR
    Sat/Sun - OFF
    ==================
    Workout B

Mon - Squat - OHP
    Tues - Bench
    Wed - Deadlift - BOR
    Thurs - Squat
    Fri - Bench - OHP
    Sat/Sun - OFF
    ==================

No I'm not lifting tonight. I'm taking another much needed day and starting fresh on Monday night with this routine. My CNS needs it. TBH I think it's a cool little routine. I guess I'll see what happens with it.

Out till Monday.

*MODIFIED ROUTINE*

*Week Of Nov 16 - 20*

Mon - Squat - 3x5 @ 180lbs / BOR - 3x5 @ 145lbs = DONE!

And so it begins...

I fukin KILLED squats tonight and to top it off I have a bit of a sore throat from the changing whether, so I'm not exactly 100%. Maybe 85-90%. I don't know if it's because of the extra time off but I destroyed squats tonight and I only took about a 2 minute rest in between the sets. First time since I started this journey that I felt like an actual lifter even though it's still bish weight I guess. No grinders, bar speed was 98% and just overall felt fan-fukin-tastic! I'm comin to ya 225!!

BOR felt darn good. Hit my chest firmly, no raising to get the bar up and minimal time was needed between sets. I think maybe 165lbs to 175lbs is where my form will start to break down.

I think I'm really going to like this layout. I hope it works for me. I can't wait to bench tomorrow and also be able to get another session in this week. I think with a decent time apart from one bench session to the next it will allow those muscles ample time to rest.

Exclamation Fuk Being Sick Monicas!

Tues - Bench - 3x5 @ 170lbs

Well I kind of messed up a little. First off I'm sick. Not bad but I'd say I dropped to about 65% today with the throat being the main thing and the worst of it. No flu like symptoms but very foggy, throat was rough AF and some what cold sweats. Although I bought some stuff to take after work today and for some reason it worked well and I felt pretty good up to about an hour ago. Still do actually. The harsh feeling when swallowing is minimal now, compared to just using Halls cough drops earlier.

Blah blah. On to the bench session. I got it in tonight! Almost contemplated just taking the week off in fear of getting worse and wanting to get rid of this completely but I really don't feel that bad and as I say I felt quite a bit better there for a moment so I said fuk it. Plus I tend to be a potato meathead when it comes to things like this. I want to test myself but it might not of been for the best. Anyway here is where I messed up but maybe not.

Instead of doing 160lbs like I should have and with my mind being foggy from being sick and having medicine in me, I looked at the wrong session on my text document and put 170lbs on there instead of 160lbs. That's what I get for trying to do this while sick. BUT I got through the 170lbs tonight! Bar speed was fine until the last 2 reps of each set and then set 3 was brutal. Matter of fact rep 5 of set 3 was a grinder. Not bad but I'd say at least 75-80%. Honestly I attribute this to the frequency of benching, more so than being sick. I'd say like 65/35 cause as I say I'm not feeling all that bad, it's just my throat getting me down and feeling like chit because of it.

Now here is the plan because I jumped 10lbs when I shouldn't have and because the last set was sketchy. I plan to try this weight again on Fri. Reason being is yeah I got it but I don't know what I'll feel like toward the end of the week and I'm afraid that I'll miss a rep with 175lbs next time. Matter of fact I should stick to 170lbs until Tues as that is where I would have originally attempted that amount. IF I miss a rep on Fri, I will drop the weight back down 5lbs as 170lbs wasn't all that bad and I did get through it.

So that's that until Wed lol. I'm fukin out, loading up on pills and Nyquil and hittin da sack.

Out.

So needless to say I didn't lift last night. I could barely breathe out of my nose and if I would have attempted to deadlift, or anything for that matter, I would have done more harm than good. I feel fine from the previous night of benching but the virus transitioned into my sinus and respitory area instead of my throat and now it's starting to break up and go away.

In fact I'm taking this week as a deload, fuk it. I deserve it. I was seriously hurtin on Sat night and the end result is my system crashed, the viruses around and within took notice and fuked me up when I was at my weakest. I can't afford to get any worse, actually went from about 40% last night, to 50% today and about 65% just now. Nose is clearing up, I can smell and taste again but it's still there and I'm not going to chance coming back down with something just for gains. Plus a nice break from going HAM as much as I can, along with my work is welcomed.

That said I'll probably either pick back up with my current stats or drop 10lbs off my lifts just for the hell of it. I'm not sure. Downtime away from the weights, injury or sickness is the same so it's best to take a little off and build back up to it. Quickly if I'm able as it's only a few sessions. I feel like chit cuz I'm "giving in" but that's my ego talking, not my brain.

Next session TBD!

OUT!

Ho Lee Chit brahs...

TFW strong registered user name to how I felt for the past 2 1/2 or weeks or so. TFW you're at 100%, making gains, everything is going well in life and boom you feel like you're an 80 yo man who's dying, can barely lift 20lb's without all your joints hurting, feeling like chit and even life throwing you chit hands every other turn you make.

I haven't been hit this hard in years. Usually around the time when the seasons change I'll get a small cold that I can clear up within a week or so because my body adapts to the cold but this was a pretty bad virus and the temp swings from 32 to 52 are/were killing me. I went through everything that can come with having a cold/flu except for throwing up. Minor strep throat, fever/chills, sinus, cough, blowing and splitting out thick AF mucus that resembled the green goo from the movie the Exorcist (70's version) and even having repeating symptoms as the virus tried to outrun the medicine I was drowning myself with. It was like I could actually feel where the virus tried to hide while trying to fight it. Finally though I am near the end of it.

I was at maybe 3.5% to now about 89-92%. My mouth is WATERING to get back under the bar but I'm not going to do it as I still don't feel like I did while at my peak when making the progress I did in this thread. I don't want exert myself and chance running my system into the ground again. So I'm going to give my body a little time yet to make sure I'm good to go before I pick back up. One thing is that my appetite was still there throughout this battle and I feel good coming out of this sickness. I don't think I lost much strength and since losing a little bit of weight, mostly water I'm sure I can see the slight gains I have made. Feelsgoodman.jpg.

No counting chickens before they hatch but I feel I could be back under the bar at some point soon. I wouldn't mind getting in a session tonight but I'm just not quite ready mentally or physically. This was a rough battle brahs. Can't wait to bump my thread again with a session being done.

Out.

As Kevin and Keith would say: "BACK IN DA GYM!"

With my setup at home lol.

*Week Of Dec 07 - 11*

Mon - Squat - 3x5 @ 165lbs / BOR - 3x5 @ 135lbs = DONE!

So with a small sniffle left over I got back under her tonight and it felt great to get some tunes goin and to get hyped up again!

I was deciding on how much to take off from my previous session, at first I thought 25lbs but because I felt so good (and I actually benched 170lbs x 5 the other night just to see where I'm at) I felt as though I didn't lose too much strength and I was right. 165lbs was just right to get back into squats with. No grinder but I could feel the intensity needed to get through the last couple reps of sets 2 and 3. With BOR I said the hell with it just kick it back to 135lbs as it was only a couple sessions anyway. Those I blasted through and only took like 45 second breaks between sets.

With bench tomorrow I think I'll drop back to 150lbs as it was on Nov 5 with squats being 165lbs. I did lose a good bit on my bench as I did 1x5 of 170lbs and don't think I could have gotten another full set, maybe a rep or two. So I know I need to drop a good bit off of that lift.

With that I hope to not get sick again for a long damn time as that was a horrible feeling to feel chitty, not be able to lift and lose a little strength as well. Consistency, frequency and REST ain't no joke brahs!

Tues - Bench - 3x5 @ 150lbs = DONE!

I want to say bench felt perfect but I wonder if I should have dropped 5lbs more just to be sure. Though it was a nice session I have to say. Much like the squats were, the last couple reps needed a bit more to drive through it but nothing severe. TBH it felt as it did last time at this weight so I think I'll be ok until I hit 170/175lbs again.

Chuggin a proton shake with an extra scoop and hittin da sack for that DAILY FUKIN GRIND!!

Out till deadlifts and OHP tomorrow!

Wed - Deadlift - 3x5 @ 225lbs / OHP - 3x5 @ 70lbs = DONE!

Just as an FYI, I ALWAYS started the proper way when I was doing the SS routine at the time. Meaning squats, bench and deadlift. Though because I modified it because of time restriction and to warm up a bit I did OHP first and then did my 1x5 of deads.

Anyway. OHP is a bit light but I wanted to start light anyways. That went fine.

Deadlifts. It's been almost a month since I did this so I went from 255lbs back down to 225lbs. Was a little weird getting into form and doing the lift but it went fine and I feel ok. My nose did drip a little blood though. Not sure if just dry or because I'm not used to pulling weight like that for so long. No biggie, felt brutal to see it though lol!

Really crunching time here fellas. I get home by 7:30/8:00pm. I have to eat, chit, lift, wash work clothes, slam a double scoop proton shake and hit the sack by 10:30pm the latest. Really should be in by 9:30pm to get some kind of optimal rest before being up at 4:45am or earlier depending on how I feel my day will be like. Feckin sucks brahs but I'm putting in da work!!!

Out!

Misc Info -

Doing both squat and bench tonight to make up for missing last night.

Squat - 1 x Failed Attempt @ 250lbs

Squat - 1 x 1 @ 225lbs

Fri - Squat - 3x5 @ 170lbs / Bench - 3x5 @ 155lbs = DONE!

Well then lol. I guess my user name is fitting considering what I just did tonight and seeing how my work week(s) has/have been. While it may seem like a waste to some, it was a huge relief off of me to finally know what "decent weight" felt like and ho lee fock gents it is an awesome feeling to have that bar digging into your back with a good bit of weight on it. Well for me at my current stage in lifting anyway.

Squats. I finally had it and wanted to know what two plates felt like on my back. I warmed up from the bar to 55lbs, 95lbs, 140lbs, 185lbs and then 200lbs. I only did 1 rep with 185 and 200 as I wanted to keep some strength to see what 225lbs felt like and I did it. I only did 1 rep but I just wanted to prove to myself that I could handle two plates and didn't want to fight through any more reps as I want to stay on a proper path and to get my 3x5 of 170lbs in. Well I did the 225lbs and wanted more, so I loaded it up to 250lbs and my confidence dwindled as I stood there with it on my back lmao! I said fuk it, I came this far I'm going down into the hole. That I did but I didn't come back up lol. So with that I share my first ever failed attempt at a squat and with 250lbs on me. It actually went flawlessly. I have my spotter arms in perfect height that allows a pretty deep ATG squat but if I needed to, all I have to do is go down a touch more and lean forward to lay the bar onto the spotters which I immediately did and feel fine.

So even with all that warming up, huge rush and heavy weight I still got my 3x5 set in!

Bench. I'm making up for having not lifted last night. I needed a night of sleep brahs. Those extra couple hours helped a lot and I attribute my burst of energy to try some heavy weight tonight to the extra rest I got. Anyway, I did my 3x5 of bench and while it was a bit tough toward the end of set 2 and 3, with the last rep of set 3 being a little bit of a grinder, I got through it and feel it was a good session considering everything I've done today, including the squats.

Only thing missing is BOR but I just don't have time for it nor the energy, so I'll get it in real quick tomorrow night some time. With that...

OUT!

Sun - BOR - 3x5 @ 145lbs = DONE!

Short n simple. BOR's went fine, added 10lbs tonight and feel good from everything so far.

Skwatts and OHP tomorrow!

Wed - Squat - 3x5 @ 175lbs - Bench - 3x5 @ 160lbs - Deadlift - 1x5 @ 230lbs - OHP - 3x5 @ 75lbs

Real quick and needless to say, I made up for missing these two days and considering today was the heaviest day of work for me ever at my job since being there I HAD to lift tonight for the ultimate test in will power!!!!

Only thing is I just didn't have time to get in BOR's so I'll do them tomorrow with squats which will be @ 180lbs and where I left off when I got sick AF. Even if it is just in regards to lifting, what I just did tonight makes me feel alpha AF gents!

OUT!!

WORKOUT A -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 165lbs
    BENCH - 3x5 @ 150lbs
    DEADLIFT - 1x5 @ 245lbs - Jan 1 = DONE!

Well I'm back at it. And as you can see it's been about 2 weeks again since I lifted, so yet AGAIN I had to take a deload. It's fairly demotivating but not bad as it's only 10-15lbs / 2-3 sessions before I'm back but still. That said everything went very well and I'm also trying to go back to the proper format as my work days won't be as tough anymore for quite a long time. What can I say I'm just going along my journey doing what I can but the MAIN thing is, no matter what fuking format I follow, is that I stay close to where I left off if I need to and do NOT get hurt.

Squats felt really good. I felt VERY strong with it on my back while unracking and stepping back. The last rep or two were slow but even then, for not having lifted for 2 weeks and going through what I did at work, I'm extremely pleased with my performance tonight.

Bench was basically the same way. Though I think because I'm nearing grinders on the last rep or so on both bench and squats that I'll bump up my rest time to 3-4 minutes, instead of 2-3.

Deadlift felt fukin great! Double overhand, back felt strong AF as did I even after squats and bench. This time I didn't feel like I needed as much of a deload with the deadlift and I was right. I actually tried over under one day with like 225 on there just to see how much lighter it felt and HO LEE FUK I can't wait to max out my grip with double over! I have a feeling I will be posting deadlift numbers of 300+ when I switch up. Won't count my chicks before they hatch but man it felt 50lbs lighter using mixed grip.

So I guess with that I'm back at it. Off tomorrow and workout B sun.

Out!

WORKOUT B -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 175lbs
    PRESS - 3x5 @ 85lbs
    BOR 3x5 @ 150lbs
    DRAPER CURLS - 3x12 @ BAR - Jan 4 = DONE!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    MISC - OHP 1x1 @ 135lbs!!

Doms. Doms, doms, doms, doms, doms lol! Chit crept up on me during my work day and the next day it was in full effect. First time in a long time that I've had doms. Just had no mobility so I slept a bunch to heal up and decided to start fresh tonight. Which would be a normal two day break over the weekend. Glad I did cause tonight felt really good.

In fact I felt so good tonight I went ahead and threw 10lbs onto my squat instead of 5lbs and I raped that bar. Didn't really hype myself up either, just threw on one of my motivational vids and did my squats like it was any normal daily routine. I think I psyche myself up, not so much because it seems like it's going to be a lot of weight but because I don't want to fail a session. I really need to stop that chit and embrace the feeling of lifting the weight but still being ready enough to have good bar speed. I'm not up there in weight yet to be acting like that lol. Anyway bar speed was good and really only a slight, slight sign of a small grinder on the last rep of set 2 and 3. I think I'll throw on 10lbs more next session too.

OHP went VERY well. Before I started anything tonight I wanted to gauge where I was with my OHP and with feeling so good and rested and 135lbs feeling "light" to me these days I decided to hit it up and I got it!! I'd say it was a 25%-30% grinder. Not slow but not efficient either. Felt incredible to get a 1 plate 1RM with the OHP! Though I decided to start close to where I left off and did 85lbs. I took minimal rest between sets too and not a sign of grinders anywhere. Felt great!

BOR's were a touch heavy. That's going to be a difficult lift for me I think. Soon within the next 15-20lbs it's going to test my form where I'm going to want to lift up a little to get the bar all the way up. Other than that the lift went fine.

Then I decided to throw some Draper curls in there for a nice pump to the fore's and biceps. I might keep the curls to Mondays only as that's when I'm the most rested. I want to focus on the compounds and need all the energy I can get toward the end of the week.

OUT till Wed!

WORKOUT A -

SQUAT - 3x5 @ 185lbs
    BENCH - 3x5 @ 165lbs
    DEADLIFT - 1x5 @ 300lbs - Jan 6 = DONE!
    ------------------------------------------------
    MISC DEADLIFT - 1x1 @ 330lbs!!!!! GET SOME!!!!!!!

Ah what a little anger and a good song can make you do. Here is a summary of what I did real quick and I'll post the video I used.

Squats. Went quite well. Said I'd throw 10lbs more on and I did. No grinder but bar speed was a bit slower on the 4th to 5th rep of sets 2 and 3. Overall very pleased.

Bench. Wish it would have went a bit better. I thought I felt a bit stronger than I performed tonight but I got through it. Little bit of a grinder on the 5 rep of set 2 and a decent grinder on the 5th rep of set 3. Hopefully I don't fail a rep next session but if I do so FUKING what. I'll try again next time.

Deadlift!! Fuking HAD it with pussy-footing around. I knew what I felt trying mixed grip with 225lbs and decided to try some real weight tonight. So far my body and especially back feels fine but that felt incredible to pull that 300lbs off the ground with very nice bar speed for me. I felt so good and knew I had more in me I threw the rest of my plates on and hit up a 1RM with it all! 330lbs man! FUK YEAH!!!!

I should be able to continue with 300lbs no problem while adding 5lb each session from now on. It felt that good!

Das it men! OUT!

VIDEO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAjHBcnXFwU

Small update:

BENCH - 1x1 @ 190lbs!
    ------------------------------------

Got wrecked from that deadlift session lol! Not hurt or anything just fukin DRAINED! Plus work got heavy during the week so I didn't recover too well and didn't lift last night. Doh!

Anyway I had some energy tonight and decided to mess with my bench to see where I'm at. I'm also looking at messing with this Smolov Jr routine to possibly help with my bench a little. Looks like a fun challenge and I tried the first session of it to see what it was like. Which was 6x6 @ 135lbs and I did it fairly easily. I'd like to take the challenge of it and possibly with other lifts besides the squat and bench. I dunno. I may or may not. It's what this is all about right, trying different chit and havin fun with it while trying to make gains not getting hurt lol.

Feels good that I just benched my BWx1 as I remember a little while ago that I could barely do 135lbs for like 4-6 reps. Long way to go still!

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll be subscribing to follow.