danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)

Low Carb Dark Chocolate?

Does anybody have a good Low Carb Dark Chocolate?

Ideally something with 1-2 net carbs

Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by danfleysher View Post

You could make your own. The reason I say that is because by definition any semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate is "dark" chocolate. If you look at packaging (I'm comparing baking chocolate as I write this) The calorie count between sweet and semi sweet stays the same for 1oz, what changes is the carb/sugar content per serving. In looking at a package that's actually labelled "dark" (70%) the serving size is still 1oz, the calories and carb/sugar are lower.

So getting to the part where you can make your own....

3 tbsp of cocoa powder
    1 tbsp melted butter (could also use coconut oil)

equals a 1oz baking square.

If you were to make some and decide it was too bitter for your liking, you could add a sweetener like Erythritol to adjust the taste. Since both butter and coconut oil are solid at room temperature, it would turn into a solid when it's cooled. The carbs that are in cocoa are fiber carbs, so you could make a net zero carb dark chocolate. It isn't difficult to portion, you could get a mold from pretty much any craft store.

I'm actually doing this to overhaul my chocolate protein bars because they are too high in carbs for Keto.
    When you know yourself, you are empowered.
    When you accept yourself, you are invincible.

My journal - Ohhh... That's where that went! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170313441

danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000) danfleysher is just really nice. (+1000)
    Idk if that was a mistype but coconut oil begins to melt at room temperature. I've made Keto bombs and ate them from the freezer but I was hoping to use chocolate in a dessert where I need something that won't melt right away.
    dy/dx (Weight Loss) = Calories

Goals:
    Squats: 275 5x5
    Bench: 225 4x6
    Pendlay: 205 4x6 (Achieved)
    Deadlift: 315 5x5 (Achieved

Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000) Todayisforme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Idk if that was a mistype but coconut oil begins to melt at room temperature. I've made Keto bombs and ate them from the freezer but I was hoping to use chocolate in a dessert where I need something that won't melt right away.
    I use Nutiva, it's pretty much solid but soft (more solid then butter) at room temp.

Either way, when it mixed with the cocoa solids it shouldn't melt unless there is some kind of direct heat to it, like holding it to long in your hands. I used to make batches of Belgian chocolates at christmas time for people, by simply adding different amounts amounts of fat and sugar to cocoa - heating, tempering (smearing it on a marble slab) as many times as was necessary and painting/piping it into molds. For your own use you don't need to go into such an elaborate process, especially if you're going to grate it, use it in baking or to nibble on.

The fat needs to be liquid when you mix it. You can use a double boiler, or just put some water in a pot and put a metal or ceramic bowl over it. You don't want the heat to get to high because it will scorch the chocolate. You can also do it just in the pot, but if you do you have to pay a lot closer attention to it.

You can put it anywhere cold to set but watch the humidity (if appearance matters). I tend to let them sit on the counter to cool for a while before I put them in the fridge to set just because I'm picky and don't like the little white dots that show up with condensation. If I were to be making some little fancy design thing to go on a dessert to make it look pretty, or wanted to dip some strawberries or something and wanted a nice gloss to it, I would let them cool right to almost room temp and then put them in the fridge. If you don't care about the little white dots, you can put them in the fridge (or your cold space) straight away. Give it a few hours to fully set
    When you know yourself, you are empowered.
    When you accept yourself, you are invincible.

My journal - Ohhh... That's where that went! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170313441

poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) poundXpound has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

1 square of Lindt

1.75 net carbs for 90% Dark
    2.25 net carbs for 85% Dark
    3.5 net carbs for 70% Dark
    A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. And that's why the USA is a constitutional republic and not a democracy.

nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any high percentage bar will be low carb.

French bean to bar makers tend to have higher cocoa butter contents, to cater to french tastes I imagine.

Bonnat and Pralus are both examples of this. Pralus 100% is very palatable.

pancakeorganic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dark chocolate is a good source of iron, magnesium, copper and manganese. Dark chocolate is very low in sugar. It contains powerful disease-fighting antioxidants. It helps weight lose and reduces cholesterol.

ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ThystleWeed2 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by poundXpound View Post
    1 square of Lindt

I can easily eat 70 & 85%, 90 is pretty rough! JMO.

To me, the few extra carbs of 70 or 85% prevent me form really cheating and going off keto!

if you can fit it in, add a 1/2 a teaspoon peanut butter on top! it's like a Reeses peanut butter cup without all that sugar in it! great snack on occasion.

NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NickelArse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by poundXpound View Post
    1 square of Lindt

this

I live for lindt and peanut butter
    insta www.instagram.com/strongbanter
    lifting log https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164163411