Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"I don't even want that fried chicken, or that bread." Fat loss THREAD

My BMR is 2300, I am 6'5" 230, 21 years old

I have roughly 20lbs of excess bodyfat, and I do in fact eat upwards of 3000 calories a day.

I am writing here because I know that while I do not want to remain so fat, I will want to eat the food that causes it.

This is an honest beginning to an overdue trend: a healthy 6'5" 21 year old male should be able to lose 20 pounds of body fat in three months.

I could be eating 1000 calories less of carbon source (fat/carbs) a day and still be very healthy because I have 70,000 calories worth of glycerol and fatty-acids literally on me in the form of BODY FAT.

I can either make my body cells starve, demanding triglycerides for beta oxidation, or I can make my muscles starve, demanding carbohydrates for glycogen retention, which would then starve my cells of carbohydrates, demanding triglycerides for beta oxidation. I can also do both.

That is to say, I can cut calories, or do cardio/exercise, or both.

My problem is that I keep eating unhealthy food, and I would like to reach a point where I am so athletic that unhealthy food is metabolized instead of stored.

This said, I will display my goals now:

1) Gain the ability to run on sand for 30 minutes straight
    2) Decrease current body fat by half
    3) Increase reps of 45lb dumbbell shoulder press from 12/set to 20/set
    4) Take advantage of what I have and become the best I can be

I will be logging my progress in these endeavors with stats and photos: as of this first morning, I have consumed zero calories. My intention is to exercise shortly, then consume a protein shake.

Calories might be logged, grams protein will be logged. Exercise will be logged. Progress photos will be logged as well as improvement summary.

All in an effort to stay accountable. Thanks bbforum members!
    Last edited by Brent69; 10-19-2015 at 09:17 AM.

Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Brent69 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Day 3

I ate a 28 inch giant pizza two nights ago, a bunch of girls, two of them literally half naked were sharing it with me.
    That was cool.

I climbed a short mountain in half an hour, that was good for my heart.
    I lifted back shoulders day 1, and lifted chest day 2. Back shoulders day 3 (today). I am only doing 2-3 work-sets per muscle group because I know what I am doing probably more specifically than pretty much everyone except quantum physicists.

I haven't lost any weight yet because of the giant pizza, but I also didn't expect to. As a matter of fact, I do not want to lose any weight at all, I just want to lose body fat.

My bodyfat was 13.3%, now as of 10/22 it is 14% (thanks ny giant pizza). That is both lower than I expected and higher than I would like. I have been told that 7% is the required general composition for abdominal visibility

My plan over the next few weeks is as follows:
    1) train daily, both resistance and cardiovascular styles.
    2) eat high amounts of protein and low amounts of everything else
    3) Make the protein count by eating vegan sources (slow microbe assisted digestion protein) early in the morning and before bed, while eating whey (almost immediate absorption from endogenous secretions) whenever I feel my muscles need an insulin spike

Be aware, community, that one can absorb up to 91 grams of protein in an hour, although much less of it will be assimilated into your bloodstream at that time. The protein that cannot be assimilated rests for up to 24 hours in what is called the lymphatic system of the GI tract, which is sort of like an independent percolator of biomolecules into the bloodstream.

Day3 summary: Morning: 40grams vegan protein, preworkout, shoulders and abs and back. Midday: climbed the mountain AGAIN this time in 26 minutes. 5 advil. 1 serving syntha-6 (20g protein). Midnight: 1000 calorie subway sandwich.

Summary of improvement
    : Climbed Cowels -4 minutes=26 minute climb , +2 half naked girls=2 half naked girls, +.5%bf=14%, +4reps db-press=16/set, neutral chin-ups +1=9/set
    Last edited by Brent69; 10-23-2015 at 07:44 AM.

that row machine for cardio though...
    jakes on you I'm an octopus