JordanHanson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JordanHanson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

25kg weight loss progress.

Basically I went on a weekend camp/hike trip and lost a good amount of weight, came home and slowly transitioned to a good simple eating plan and started lifting in my garage with two dumbbells. I lost 20kg doing that then joined a local Snap Fitness and I am loving it more and more. I have lost 25kg so far + muscle gains and I have another ~10kg of fat to go. I was 114kg, I'm now 89kg and my goal is < 80kg. I had many diet slips and off periods, but I eventually became consistent.

I found lifting a key part to losing the weight because it was FUN. Yes it is hard, but I wouldn't enjoy it if it wasn't because it's both challenging and rewarding, it's all a game to me.

My diet: I mostly eat the same thing all the time. Morning - 6 egg whites 2 yolks, 1/2 cup of muesli. Lunch - Roasted chicken breast, sweet potato, maybe rice, broccoli all covered in olive oil. Dinner - Varied health conscious meals. I eat one serving of Old Gold 70% chocolate every day to fight cravings, and it works. Increased fat helps in so many ways, but I go for balance.

Exercise - Until recently I did a 3 day split, back/bi, chest/tri, everything else. Now I do a push/pull/legs/rest routine and it is so much better. Frequency has doubled and I can still lift the same weights so volume also doubled. I definitely don't avoid cardio, but also try not to over do it. I usually do 10mins of 85% effort cardio after a workout, jogging, bike, row machine and my all time favourite, skipping. I'm really trying to retain muscle.

To change a habit requires everyday conscious decisions until they become sub-conscious, good or bad.

Any advice to help lose my last bit of weight would be highly appreciated
    Attached Images
    Last edited by JordanHanson; 10-13-2015 at 08:42 AM.

Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000) Nytmair is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JordanHanson View Post
    Any advice to help lose my last bit of weight would be highly appreciated
    You didn't mention the most important part of weight loss.. numbers. Are you weighing/tracking everything you eat? Do you know your TDEE and have macro/calorie goals lined up to aim for each day? If not, that will help.

bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am told lifting doesn't really waste a lot of calories. Saw someone actually calculating the work required to lift something, converted into the unit of calories. It is not a good exercise compared to cardio in terms of losing weight.

masai26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bearondiet View Post
    I am told lifting doesn't really waste a lot of calories. Saw someone actually calculating the work required to lift something, converted into the unit of calories. It is not a good exercise compared to cardio in terms of losing weight.
    No offence, but how much duff advice are you going to give on peoples threads?! I'm a relative novice but even I can see you're posting rubbish.

Lifting = building more muscle. More muscle = your body burns more calories. Cardio is mainly done to highten the calorific deficit.
    Aug 7 15: 208.2lb, BF 27.7%, Muscle 35.2%.

bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100) bearondiet is not very well liked. (-100)
    That's because the source of your myth is not a doctor. You often have either wrong facts or incomplete facts. It is true that having more muscles will increase metabolism although strength training itself doesn't really burn much calories compared to cutting down on calories or cardio. What you don't know is the significance.

builtlean.com/2013/04/16/muscle-burn-calories/

"It is true that muscle burns fuel at rest. However, the amount of calories that 1 lb of muscle burns is pretty low: for each pound of muscle gained, you’ll burn about 6-10 calories".

So, that's like "this food is good for that" (they often say such stuff for many foods) when you have to eat an unrealistic amount of that food for it to be any meaningful at all.

Also, if what I quote sounds rubbish, then clearly those people don't have to bother following me around talking to me or about me. Not to mention not be bothered with how I don't do what they tell me to do (& I shouldn't have to do what they tell me to do). They do that because I make sense for what I want. It's a matter of control for them, not about making sense. They keep sticking to me because they couldn't accept (it's not given a **** by me obviously) someone not doing what they tell him to do.

MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MrM27 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, that's not the advice to follow ^^^

JordanHanson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JordanHanson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Nytmair View Post
    You didn't mention the most important part of weight loss.. numbers. Are you weighing/tracking everything you eat? Do you know your TDEE and have macro/calorie goals lined up to aim for each day? If not, that will help.
    I use myfitnesspal to track now and then. Because I eat the same thing regularly I don't see the need to track daily. I just use it to get a good idea where I should be improving. I should probably use it more often. Thanks.

Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Metalmank is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd say just maintain your macro logs daily and keep pushing at it. Doing awesome.
    USN Vet, Student, Loser.

Goals

12-15% BF -Goal met 5/26/2017 at around 10-13%
    1000LB Club - Goal met 11/9/2017. S/B/D 405lb/305lb/425lb 1135 total
    Look like I lift.

Me logging my pathetic lifts. - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174152951&p=1506677001#post1506677001

That's because the source of your myth is not a doctor. You often have either wrong facts or incomplete facts. It is true that having more muscles will increase metabolism although strength training itself doesn't really burn much calories compared to cutting down on calories or cardio. What you don't know is the significance.

builtlean.com/2013/04/16/muscle-burn-calories/

"It is true that muscle burns fuel at rest. However, the amount of calories that 1 lb of muscle burns is pretty low: for each pound of muscle gained, you’ll burn about 6-10 calories".

So, that's like "this food is good for that" (they often say such stuff for many foods) when you have to eat an unrealistic amount of that food for it to be any meaningful at all.

Also, if what I quote sounds rubbish, then clearly those people don't have to bother following me around talking to me or about me. Not to mention not be bothered with how I don't do what they tell me to do (& I shouldn't have to do what they tell me to do). They do that because I make sense for what I want. It's a matter of control for them, not about making sense. They keep sticking to me because they couldn't accept (it's not given a **** by me obviously) someone not doing what they tell him to do.
    ]

I do cardio though? Weight training is great at losing weight, besides increased metabolism, by the time I finish weight training my glycogen levels are down and I finish off with cardio every session to help burn fat. It helps you tone up and looks good. Not sure what your argument is.

Originally Posted by MrM27 View Post
    OP, that's not the advice to follow ^^^
    Yup

Originally Posted by Metalmank View Post
    I'd say just maintain your macro logs daily and keep pushing at it. Doing awesome.
    Will do, thanks heaps!

zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100) zakandrews398 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I have been using Beachbody's weight loss programs, diets, and training for the past few months and I am extremely impressed with the results. The workouts are challenging yet effective, helping me to shed pounds and tone my body, find more reviews on https://beachbody.pissedconsumer.com/review.html . The diets provided are easy to follow and have helped me make healthier food choices. The trainers are knowledgeable and motivating, pushing me to reach my fitness goals. Overall, my experience with Beachbody has been nothing short of amazing and I highly recommend it to anyone looking to lose weight and get in shape.

Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Sequet111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    U can consider:
    Small calorie deficit: Keep tabs on calories to ensure a slight decrease.
    Body recomp focus: Adjust macros (protein up?) to prioritize muscle gain while burning fat.
    Intensity boost: Try progressive overload (gradually increase weight/reps) to keep challenging your muscles.
    Cardio tweaks: HIIT (high-intensity interval training) can be a time-efficient option for burning extra calories.