Registered User GeneralGreybush's Avatar
    GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Generals weight loss Transformation

Hey all,

Been fighting with making this thread for awhile as I'm a little shy to post pictures but I figured what the hell. I wanted to share with you my journey so far and keep a log of what I'm accomplishing in my journey.

A little about myself:
    Starting stats Jan 10- 2015
    Age 39
    Weight 232lbs
    Chest 44 1/2"
    Waist 48"
    Hips 42"
    Thigh 22 1/2"
    Bicep 14"

It all started in Jan 2015 when I decided that I had enough of looking unhealthy and fat. Doctor told me I had fatty liver, High Cholesterol, blood pressure and If i continued on the path I could be in serious trouble by the time I'm 50. I decided to change.

Started eating better immediately and started doing a yoga program called DDP yoga. I've had problems losing weight before and did not have the motivation but this time something was different. The weight started to melt off which made me all the more dedicated and resilient to see this through.

At about 6 months in right after my 40th I stopped with the yoga and moved to Strong lifts 5x5. My strength has increased a lot seeing as I just started with the bar.

Squat 45lbs- 220lbs
    Bench 45lbs- 145lbs
    Deadlift 65lbs- 265lbs
    OHP 45lbs- 90lbs
    Row 65lbs- 140lbs

I'm still trying to lose fat so my lifts are not going up as quick as I want cause I'm eating at a deficit.

Calorie intake 1900 cal
    Protein 158g
    Carbs 135g
    Fat 70g

So as of today which is about the 9 months mark Here are my stats

Age 40
    Weight 171
    Chest 39"
    Waist 36"
    Hips 38"
    thigh 21 1/4"
    Bicep 13 1/4"

Not sure what my body fat is now and what it was then so if anybody can give me a guess it would be helpful.

Looking forward to updating this at my 1 year anniversary and beyond as I start my bulk and journey to gain some muscle.

Thanks for reading!
    Attached Images

GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50) GeneralGreybush will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Added pic

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You have made some really great progress.

Good luck to you man.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    You have made some really great progress.

Good luck to you man.
    Thanks!

Well had my first cheat night in about 3 weeks. Stuffed my face with moose sausage, deep fried fish, chicken wings and fresh cut fries. Also ate about three small pieces of strawberry cheese cake lol. Washed it all down with about 5 or 6 captain Morgan's and water with a splash of coke. Ended with a nice soak in the hot tub. Great night!

Was up about 2.4lbs from 171 but that should be just water weight. Worth it to keep sane. Lol

So I've noticed that since I've lost the majority of my weight now it seems like I hang around the same for 2- 3 weeks, then all of a sudden drop like 3-4 pounds. Is this normal?

For example I was hovering around 175 to 177 for damn near a month then out of nowhere I dropped to like 171 and have now been around 172 for a couple of weeks. I am set to lose about a 1.5 a week but it seems my body holds on till last second then unleashes the weight lol

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralGreybush View Post
    So I've noticed that since I've lost the majority of my weight now it seems like I hang around the same for 2- 3 weeks, then all of a sudden drop like 3-4 pounds. Is this normal?

For example I was hovering around 175 to 177 for damn near a month then out of nowhere I dropped to like 171 and have now been around 172 for a couple of weeks. I am set to lose about a 1.5 a week but it seems my body holds on till last second then unleashes the weight lol
    The same with me. I am usually in a holding pattern for three weeks bouncing around 2-3 pounds either way. Then boom water released.
    Its like clockwork with me pretty much on the same week every month.

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    The same with me. I am usually in a holding pattern for three weeks bouncing around 2-3 pounds either way. Then boom water released.
    Its like clockwork with me pretty much on the same week every month.
    Thanks for your kind words and answering my question! At least someone decided to reply lol Rep for you!

Thanks for your kind words and answering my question! At least someone decided to reply lol Rep for you!
    Hey thanks guy!

Just stick around keep posting. Most people just lurk.

DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50) DaveRVD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well done on your progress so far, your before/after shots are inspiring - great stuff!
    Instagram: mavmuscle

Originally Posted by DaveRVD View Post
    Well done on your progress so far, your before/after shots are inspiring - great stuff!
    Thanks Dave!

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great log so far.
    Great progress, too! Oh my!

I am aiming for the 170's, and your pics are a good motivator for me.
    I started at 316 lbs last November and I am now in the low 190s. Still have a layer of fat around my mid section, and I was hoping that the 170s would be a good place for me to be. Looking at your photos sort of gives me an idea, though you are taller by an inch, so I may have to go below 170.

stuffed my face with moose sausage
    Is that anything like Venison sausage?
    I love Venison sausage.

Welcome to the log section.
    I will follow along to see your progress.

Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rboy711 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NoCarbsNoSugar View Post
    Great log so far.

I started at 316 lbs last November and I am now in the low 190s. Still have a layer of fat around my mid section, and I was hoping that the 170s would be a good place for me to be. Looking at your photos sort of gives me an idea, though you are taller by an inch, so I may have to go below 170.

I love Venison sausage.

Meant to ask you guys, at what point in your weight loss did you start hitting slower fat loss levels? You both have had incredible success, Great job and super inspirational.

Originally Posted by Rboy711 View Post
    Meant to ask you guys, at what point in your weight loss did you start hitting slower fat loss levels? You both have had incredible success, Great job and super inspirational.
    Thanks for the kind words! To your question, It seemed that I slowed down once I got to 185-190. From 232 to 185 it seemed to be melting off. I would lose around 8 pounds or more a month. So from Jan 23 to June 23 I went from 232 to 183. From June till now I've went from 183 to 171. Now I seem to be dropping about 2-3 pounds a month.
    Last edited by GeneralGreybush; 10-16-2015 at 04:07 PM.

Great log so far.

I love Venison sausage.

yup pretty much, just more lean. Almost like Buffalo. We eat Venison sausage or Deer sausage as we call it at least 1-2 times a week.

NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NoCarbsNoSugar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We eat Venison sausage or Deer sausage as we call it at least 1-2 times a week.
    lucky

Originally Posted by Rboy711 View Post
    Looking at the photos in your own log, I think you would hit more road blocks than me. Not because of a different level of dedication, but because your are not overweight! I still am...

Common sense tells me that the more overweight one is, the more lbs they would lose in a given period of time.

Looking at the photos in your own log, I think you would hit more road blocks than me. Not because of a different level of dedication, but because your are not overweight! I still am...

Common sense tells me that the more overweight one is, the more lbs they would lose in a given period of time.
    I agree, It seemed the thinner I got the slower it came off

Hey all, Just a quick update. Hit 168 this morning which is awesome but I'm not sure how much longer I can keep losing cause I'm getting pretty skinny (at least I think so). I'm trying to do what most have suggested and get my body fat down to 12-15% before going on a bulk. The only problem is its hard to figure out how much fat I have left. Last pic I took someone on here guessed around 18% which means I still have 3-6% left to lose. Not sure what that is in lbs but I'm thinking around 160 should do.

I'm also completely terrified of going on a bulk after being so focused on losing weight for the past 10 months. I want to gain for muscle but I'm freaked right out about my belly coming back.

My strong lifts seem to be still going good, even though with my calorie deficit I'm pretty worn out by weeks end. I hit dead-lift 280lbs last week but It was really hard and I felt my form going so I think I might force a deload. Also pinched a nerve in my back so I took the last day off of squats.

So as of right now its 3x5
    Dead-lift 280lbs
    Squats 211lbs
    OHP 97 ( already failed twice)
    Rows 145
    Bench 145

Thanks for reading and of course any advice and tips are more than welcome!

Hey all! Have not been updating that much but I'm still plugging along. Hit 165lbs and have been bouncing between that and about 167. I upped my calories from 1800 to about 2100 to get a bit more food and energy for my lifts. Going to be starting my first bulk hopefully after the new years providing I'm at the appropriate body fat%? I will post a recent pic. Tell me what you think
    Attached Images