Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adriannec View Post
    Well leave it to me to come down with a cold the week before our trip of a lifetime. I'm NEVER sick. Like ever. I'm not so much worried about me because I'll be over it by Thursday, but trying like heck to not pass it to The Kid. Her timing doesn't line up as well as mine. Thankfully it's mainly tons of sneezing and a runny nose so far. Gah! It's also one of those "Is it allergies or a cold?" things. No fever so hoping it's hideous allergies.
    Fingers crossed for allergies, if it's sick, I hope you get well soon!

Saw that pic on your IG, and man it looks burny!
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by aquamarine84 View Post
    That's what I thought you meant...I like the idea - the non-working leg still has to do more work pushing. Wish I had a smith machine.
    I’m glad we have one as well. I don’t use it for things other than unilateral work. I’m just not built for it with things that are double sided like squats. It really messes with my back, but for unilateral (lunge variations, glute bridges) it’s perfect. My old gym had one that had the bar angled instead of straight up/down on a track. That one I hated.

Originally Posted by Tpocalicious View Post
    Dang, those single-leg-glute-bridge-on-a-smith-machine-while-saving-the-world exercises look like they'd do the trick!
    I look like I’m practicing my super hero kick! KaPOW, evil villain!

Originally Posted by LynnInAla View Post
    I've seen your weight for the RDL and your perfect form, they were "crushingly heavy" because they were crushingly heavy and you didn't cheat!

Well, you know what they say, necessity is the mother of invention. Single leg stuff can be hard sometimes, that's a great adaptation. Did you do this at the same gym you created frog presses on the floor and caused a hush to fall over the gym? LOL, if so I bet they're wondering why you don't lift like everyone else? I love it the variations!
    I think now that I finished out my macro, I need to change the RDLs from a core lift and not do high weight ones. They felt OK, but mentally I think I’m holding myself back from the worry that suddenly they might not fell OK.

Ha, this was the same gym as the frog pump gym. It’s even more funny because it’s in an older neighborhood with many retired people. Since I work out mid-morning, I’m about 20-30 years younger than everyone else. The frog pumps silenced them, but I think this time they just looked at each other and thought “there she goes again!”
    Online Training and Nutrition Coach
    www.AccidentalFitnessQuest.com

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.********.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Catching up on the whirlwind weekend that alternated between rushing around and laying there trying to breathe. Literally trying to breathe since my nose is stopped up! Argh. Saturday The Kid had her senior pictures done. I got her a photoshoot package for Christmas and she picked to have them done at the Fort Worth Stockyards. She loves the wood/industrial look (AKA not a lot of color) and this was perfect. The weather was great too and I can't wait to see them.

Lots of last minute stuff before we leave on the trip this week. I'm looking forward to a week off the gym. It's been over a year since I've taken a day off. I think I've done one official deload week during that time too, so the body needs this break for sure. Since I was having trouble breathing, I lay around most of yesterday and hit the gym late last night. I was surprised at my reps given the lack of oxygen and changing to a different workout time.

BB OHP with 90% of 1RM. Started with 55 and managed 4 reps. Was supposed to use the same weight on the next two sets, but I bumped to 60 lbs since I'm trying to break this plateau. Got 1 and 1 1/2 reps on the next sets. I tried hard to shove on that half rep to make it a full one, but nope.
    Close Grip Pulldowns with 90%. Got 5 hard reps at 77.5 and I could feel that plate drag on the cable the entire time. Bump bump bump. I need to bring my own WD40 next time and grease that sucker. I did 3 reps each on the next two sets.
    BB Hip Thrusts - Just couldn't bear to do these. LOL, more because of the effort it would take to load the bar over actually doing them.
    Smith Deficit Lunges - 3x10 with 25s
    Sumo Stance RDLs - 3x12 with 65 lbs
    Woodchoppers - 2x12 with 12.5 lbs

I didn't plan on doing the RDLs today. Hyperextensions were on the plan and I love those, but the stupid handle is broken on the hyper bench and it's stuck in the giraffe setting. The top hits me about mid abs so not ideal to hip hinge. It was either RDLs or good mornings so I picked RDLs and threw in a sumo stance for variety.

Still need to run my 1RMs based on this week's AMRAPs to see how that went. Hoping there are some nice increases.

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.********.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

Everything is getting wrapped up before our big road trip that starts tomorrow. The Kid and I hit the gym late last night to get in a final workout before the week off from the gym. I have a feeling that we're going to be moving our workouts to late at night instead of mornings. The Kid has figured out that the gym is empty and it's now her favorite time.

Energy is back for me now that I can breathe. Oxygen makes a big difference. I felt great through all of the workout and even managed to not have to drop the weight for the second set of incline presses.

45 Degree Leg Press using 60% 1RM - 8, 8, 14 on the AMRAP (Last week was 6, 6, 9 with this weight so yeah!)
    RDLs - 3x12
    Smith Machine SL Feet Elevated Glute Bridges - 2x12
    DB Incline Presses - 3x7, 5, 4
    DB Bench Rows - 2x8
    Standing Cable Abductions - 2x18

I swapped the RDLs starting this week. I had them as a core lift the past month and my back can't take it, so this week they're an accessory lift. That way I can stay in the medium to higher rep range instead of going heavy. I made the accessory sumos the core lift on Lift Day now. Those feel safer on my back.

I finally was able to add a few reps to the incline presses. Last week I barely managed 6 reps with 30s on the first set, and dropped to 25s for the second. This week I hit 7 more solid reps and kept the weight the same for a second set of 5. I did a third set of 4 reps just to hit the total rep goal. Yes!

I may do one last workout tonight before we fly out in the morning, but mostly planning on not. If The Kid asks though, I could be convinced. Looking forward to a nice week of bulking macros for energy when I get back.

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I swapped the RDLs starting this week. I had them as a core lift the past month and my back can't take it, so this week they're an accessory lift. That way I can stay in the medium to higher rep range instead of going heavy. I made the accessory sumos the core lift on Lift Day now. Those feel safer on my back.
    Oh wow, RDL as a core lift! My back just cringed thinking about the AMRAP set!

LOL, if you and the The Kid start going to the gym late at night you'll have a whole new group of people that will have to get used to your ways! I would have to take a nap if I worked out late at night!

Oh wow, RDL as a core lift! My back just cringed thinking about the AMRAP set!

LOL, if you and the The Kid start going to the gym late at night you'll have a whole new group of people that will have to get used to your ways! I would have to take a nap if I worked out late at night!
    Yeah, I tried it for a month and last week at 90% convinced me that I don't wanna do that. My 1RM went up but I didn't like my low AMRAP.

I know about the gym. It's after hours and usually it's the younger crowd there at that point. Only one or two besides us. I don't want to deal with newbies to my ways!

Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have an AMAZING time with the Kid!! :^D
    I am stronger than my strongest excuse!

Current ORM BP: 163 | OHP: 119 | Squat: 198 | Deads: 262
    Current Goal BP: 165 | OHP: 125 | Squat: 225 | Deads: 265
    TSJGR Goals BP: 1.5xBW | OHP: 205 | Squat: 1.5xBW | Deads: 315+


    Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173058501&p=1474053281#post1474053281

Back From Vacation!

I feel like it was forever between my last gym visit and getting back to it with a vacation in between. It's very rare that I take a week off or even a deload week, so this was weird for sure. Last "real" gym workout was 2/28 which was the day before we left. I hit the gym for the first time this Saturday, 3/11 so that's TEN rest days for the old bones. It felt great!

Officially I did one workout in the hotel gym while we were gone. I couldn't resist. The hotel had this "state of the art" gym with a crazy cable contraption and I wanted to just play around on/with it. It wasn't a workout with a purpose to actually do anything but just have fun. That I did. I did about 30 minutes of supersets with it just for kicks. It confirmed that I'm very old school with my workouts at this point in my life and no longer a balance on a bosu, superset and feel the burn kinda person.

NOT that there's not a time and place for that thing. It's just not MY thing except for fun. So I'm easing back in after the time off so I can keep soreness to a minimum. I hit the gym with The Kid Saturday for lower body - Squat Day. Since it's the start of a new split, I did actual squats. I hated them... still. I'm currently trying to convince myself that means that I need to squat, dammit. All of me wants to change back to leg presses.

My quads are the ones shouting the loudest right now to make the change. I'm going to try to stick this split out with squats. Maybe I'll set a reward donut at the end if I do it. Yesterday was Press Day with BB Bench Press as my core. Followed by cable rows, DB OHPs, lat pulldowns and bicep curls. I was glad for the upper body day so my lower could just sit. LOL.

Now for the personal update. The graduation vacation was awesome and I had so much fun with The Kid celebrating. She definitely underestimated "the rain" in Seattle and Portland when people described it to her. All rain, all the time, except when it was misting. Highlights - Seattle driving gives me chest pains and makes me say the F word quite a bit. Vegan restaurants in Portland are awesome. Seattle has so many wonderful donut shops. Portland is a really cool city.

I managed to keep the big hotel on our last night a complete surprise. I saved my money for one single night at The W. We've never stayed at a hotel even near that level of oohlala. I told them ahead of time that we were celebrating and arranged for a "buffet" of The Kid's favorites to be delivered to the room for dinner. The hotel was so GREAT. They upgraded us to the top floor AND gave us a basket of dairy free desserts and spa bath products free of charge.

So I have no affiliation with The W at all, but if you're in the Seattle area I highly recommend staying with them. So back at it, sitting at almost bulking calories to take advantage of vacation and the new split. Time to grow!

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    glad the trip was great, sounds wonderful!!!

so no matching tattoos?
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    glad the trip was great, sounds wonderful!!!

so no matching tattoos?
    LOL, I didn't hear the end of that one. Turns out that the laws are that you need to be 18 in both Washington and Oregon. She's about 3 months shy. You'd think I'd enacted the law myself from all that I heard about it. SO this week she's researched and figured out that you only need to be 17 in Louisiana and it's a 3 hour drive to the border from here. There's lots of attempts in process to convince me.

Still pretty sore from Saturday's Squat Day so I almost swapped Pull Day in for today. I manned up and figured that it would work itself out after a few warm up sets. Today was Lift Day. The first warm up sets were hard but at the third I was good to go. I'm doing my usual sumo deadlifts as the core lift, but I put a pause in right after I pull off the floor.

This is my weakest part of the pull so I want to practice that sticking point and keeping everything tight. Hopefully I can build some erector strength and get my DL max up. I did a bunch of research and in theory this is a good way to improve muscle connection and strength at your weakest point in the lift.

Sumo Deadlifts with a Pause - 3x4
    45 Degree Leg Press - 6x4
    RDLs - 3x12
    Hamstring Curls - 3x12

Lots of reps today with 2 minute rests this week. I planned ahead last night so that I had almond milk ice cream cubes ready to go when The Kid and I got back from the gym. Mugcake and ice cream for post-workout carbs along with a protein shake for me. She had hers with Lucky Charms. LOL!

http://www.accidentalfitnessquest.co...and-ice-cream/
    Last edited by adriannec; 03-15-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tpocalicious is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1. Ooh, reward donut!

2. Squats love you even if you don't love them.

3. At least you know what to get the Kid on her birthday! ;^D


    Forum: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173058501&p=1474053281#post1474053281

Pull Day today and I went into this thinking it wouldn't be enough work. I even planned to add a few more isolation sets at the end just in case. Yeah, didn't happen. I used about 70% of 1RM on the cable rows and bench since I was adding in a pause. Rows are paused at peak contraction and bench is paused about 4 inches or so over my chest.

Playing with a 2 second pause with tight contraction and slow lower. The pump is intense after the first set of each. I barely made it through the pulldowns and OHPs afterwards with a fairly light weight too.

Seated Cable Rows w/Pause - 6x4
    BB Bench w/Pause - 4x4
    Chin Up Grip Pulldowns - 1x10
    DB OHP - 1x10
    Bicep Curls w/Rope - 3x12
    Cable Behind the Back Lat Raises - 3x12

Today was supposed to be a rest day but The Kid ASKED to go to the gym. Seriously?! I could barely contain my excitement since we had a few months there when she dropped off the face of the motivation earth. I just roll with it since I don't want to influence her either way. Soooooo, I made today a day where I stuck with a moderate rep range and just focused on hypertrophy while not doing so much that I'm going to interfere with squat day coming up this weekend.

Chin Up Grip Pulldowns
    DB Bench Press
    Chest Supported Plate Loaded Row - unilateral
    Cable Lateral Raises
    Cable Rope Curls
    Tricep Pressdowns w/Rope
    Rear Delt Flyes on Pec Deck
    Standing Abductions
    DB Hyperextensions - glute focused not lower back

Everything was 2 sets of 10, except the abductions and hypers which were 2 sets of 20. I purposely didn't do any compound lower body work since I've got heavy squats and deadlifts programmed right now. There's plenty of volume and I just wanted some glute focused work for added frequency.

When the Kid wants to go to the gym, you gotta go with it! ;^D

And YESSS!!!! Saturday = SQUAT DAY!!!! :^D



Better late than never...

But actually I could get used to this late evening workout thing. I think my brain hasn't adjusted yet and it's still confused, so it's just going along for the ride. Today was Squat Day, the most hated day o' the week with squats of course. I did my max testing last week so this week I dropped the sqauats into the core line up.

I'm running a couple of strength macros starting this week so I'm going to do 70, 80, and 90% on the core lifts and skip the lighter week. I've also pared down the accessories to bare minimum so that I can focus on building strength on the big lifts without a lot of fluff. Finally I increased calories again so that I have energy to crank through this with some nice increases.

Squats at 70% max - 6, 6, 7 on the AMRAP. Not a great AMRAP but 1) they're my weakest lift ever and 2) I rounded the weight up so it's likely a little more than 70%. Just let me have this excuse for now.
    Bench at 70% - 5, 5, 5. Straight sets here with no AMRAP.
    DB Hyperextensions - 3x15, 12, 12
    Kneeling Cable Crunches - 2x15, 12
    Lateral band walks, forward band walks, backward band walks

When I started, I thought I'd be flying through the workout and it might end up short time-wise. After adding in the warm up sets for the squats and bench along with rest times, it still took me 50 minutes. Perfect length. Let the strength building commence!

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, I hate lifting late because then I'm too wound up to get to sleep easily, but you gotta do what you gotta do. There's only so many hours in the day.
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50) LynnInAla will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But actually I could get used to this late evening workout thing. I think my brain hasn't adjusted yet and it's still confused, so it's just going along for the ride. Today was Squat Day, the most hated day o' the week with squats of course. I did my max testing last week so this week I dropped the sqauats into the core line up.

I'm running a couple of strength macros starting this week so I'm going to do 70, 80, and 90% on the core lifts and skip the lighter week. I've also pared down the accessories to bare minimum so that I can focus on building strength on the big lifts without a lot of fluff. Finally I increased calories again so that I have energy to crank through this with some nice increases.

Squats at 70% max - 6, 6, 7 on the AMRAP. Not a great AMRAP but 1) they're my weakest lift ever and 2) I rounded the weight up so it's likely a little more than 70%. Just let me have this excuse for now.
    Bench at 70% - 5, 5, 5. Straight sets here with no AMRAP.
    DB Hyperextensions - 3x15, 12, 12
    Kneeling Cable Crunches - 2x15, 12
    Lateral band walks, forward band walks, backward band walks

When I started, I thought I'd be flying through the workout and it might end up short time-wise. After adding in the warm up sets for the squats and bench along with rest times, it still took me 50 minutes. Perfect length. Let the strength building commence!
    I'm sure that having The Kid as a workout partner changes the mindset a bit! And isn't it funny how something can look so easy on paper and then be so hard? I had a similar experience yesterday with the 2 x 20 workout, you know what I ended up thinking about that one!

Yeah, I hate lifting late because then I'm too wound up to get to sleep easily, but you gotta do what you gotta do. There's only so many hours in the day.
    I'm more of a late morning person but thankfully I don't have the sleep issues after working out at night. Well pretty much any time of the day. I can hit the gym and immediately come home for a nap, no problem.

I'm sure that having The Kid as a workout partner changes the mindset a bit! And isn't it funny how something can look so easy on paper and then be so hard? I had a similar experience yesterday with the 2 x 20 workout, you know what I ended up thinking about that one!
    It's definitely a mind game. I'm not sure which is harder, the 2x20s or the heavy stuff. At least the heavy doesn't burn!

Very interesting bulk update. Since my last comp (October 2013), I've been mostly bulking and maintaining with a few short cuts along the way. I started out at 116 stage weight and bulked up to about 140 over an extended period of time. When I'm maintaining, I tend to stay in the 128-132 zone which is still pretty low weight for my height.

I usually don't pay attention to details like bodyfat or measurements. I just check in with the scale to make sure it's doing what I want. Lifting is always business as usual regardless of bulk/cut status. Yesterday I had to take measurements and just for kicks I dug out measurements from the last time I took them in August 2015.

I was pleasantly surprised at the changes and got confirmation that I'm headed in the right direction. I weigh 2.5 lbs more than then. Currently 134.5 and I was 132 in August 2015. My waist is down 1.25 inches and hips are down .5 inches. Ha, I'm assuming the smaller change in hips are due to the booty focus I've had. So I'm a lot smaller overall despite weighing more.

It's so hard at times to know if your bulk is actually doing something underneath it all or not. This confirms that it's working pretty well for me!

Day 2 of "Get These Damn Lifts UP!" finished today. I usually rotate through all of the GST rep ranges pretty equally, and from time to time I will focus more on the 3x12 ranges. Mostly out of preference since I like lifting in that one more than the others. Quick Tip: All exercise set/rep schemes do not need to be used with equal frequency.

If your focus is a specific goal (size, strength, or muscular endurance), use that goal’s corresponding set/rep scheme most frequently. So for growth, you might hit 3x12 most often with 4x5 and 2x20 every couple weeks. For endurance, you could do increase the frequency of 2x20. I'm focusing on building strength for a few cycles so I’m rotating heavier core lifts and supplement schemes most often.

70-90% of my max on the core lifts and sets of 5-12 reps on the supplements. This week and next week are 70% on the core lifts, and I'm skipping the 60% completely for a while. Today’s workout:

BB Overhead Press – 6, 6, 6 on the AMRAP (LOL, a sign that these are truly from the devil???)
    Sumo Deadlifts – 5, 5, 5, 5
    Cable Pull Throughs – 12, 12, 10
    Face Pulls w/Rope – 12, 12

Your body can’t multitask while efficiently building strength and it also needs fuel. Along with the rep range changes, I’ve increased calories and rest times while decreasing supplement exercises to give my body a chance to focus on strengthening on a few big lifts. I’m keeping the supplements to two exercises per workout for 5 sets total instead of my usual 15-18 sets. Calories are at 15xBW.

Make sure your programming supports your goal, allows sufficient recovery time, and that you’re eating for your goal as well. I've learned that last one with eating the hard way.

Oh, and this is pretty awesome. The Kid is doing her own workouts and I caught this shot between sets. She willingly chose to do walking lunges!

Last edited by adriannec; 03-20-2017 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Adding proud Mom pic of The Kid

It's so hard at times to know if your bulk is actually doing something underneath it all or not. This confirms that it's working pretty well for me!
    AWESOMENESS!!!!! Go Adrianne!!!!!!

PS Kid Pic!!!! Walking Lunges of Awesomeness!!!
    Last edited by Tpocalicious; 03-20-2017 at 08:48 PM. Reason: just saw the Kid pic!



jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was pleasantly surprised at the changes and got confirmation that I'm headed in the right direction. I weigh 2.5 lbs more than then. Currently 134.5 and I was 132 in August 2015. My waist is down 1.25 inches and hips are down .5 inches. Ha, I'm assuming the smaller change in hips are due to the booty focus I've had. So I'm a lot smaller overall despite weighing more.

Nice!!

If your focus is a specific goal (size, strength, or muscular endurance), use that goal’s corresponding set/rep scheme most frequently. So for growth, you might hit 3x12 most often with 4x5 and 2x20 every couple weeks. For endurance, you could do increase the frequency of 2x20. I'm focusing on building strength for a few cycles so I’m rotating heavier core lifts and supplement schemes most often.

Make sure your programming supports your goal, allows sufficient recovery time, and that you’re eating for your goal as well. I've learned that last one with eating the hard way.

Oh, and this is pretty awesome. The Kid is doing her own workouts and I caught this shot between sets. She willingly chose to do walking lunges!

I have to take the next few days and figure out what my goal is and how I am going to get there the most efficient and smart way....

wow walking lunges by choice!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&p=1425289591&viewfull=1#post1425289591

I have to take the next few days and figure out what my goal is and how I am going to get there the most efficient and smart way....
    Mine was probably not the most efficient way but it's working so there's that. I ran a longer bulk initially from the 116 post comp up to 138 in just over a year. It was my first so I did it purposely faster than the others. Since I've cut down to 125 or so, then back up to about 135. Repeat a couple times.

I don't really go by measurements or body fat. I just make sure that I bulk by how fast the scale is going and just start a short cut when I hit my top mental threshold. Then I cut until I get bored with it. LOL. If I bulked with a plan or timeline, it would probably be more effective. I love lifting so I just keep doing that for fun regardless and I'm happy going along for the ride.

I had taken measurements a few times along the way but never compared them until now. It's so hard to tell in yourself if anything has changed, so I was really shocked at the difference.

Today started off with a bang. I got a chance to walk two very wild puppies for cardio this morning. They are 12 week old goldendoodles who aren't yet leashed trained. LOL, don't ask how I ended up with this "chore" but it was very high energy and a great way to get the cardio warm up for Press Day done. It was like strapping tazmanian devils into harnesses and trying to walk them on rubber bands. Only much harder.

BB Bench Press at 70% - 6, 6, 8 on the AMRAP set. I coulda gotten 9 I think if I really pushed it but I was worried I was going to need to shift to get it.
    Paused Squats - 3x8
    Seated Cable Rows - 3x12, 12, 10
    Tricep Pressdowns w/Rope - 2x12, 11
    DB Lateral Raises - 2x15, 15

Paused squats are a torture method for sure. Pause until you feel like you'll murder anyone who speaks to you or about 1-2 seconds whichever comes last. LOL! It feels like forever, but it's really a beat or two while I remind myself to squeeze hard, knees out, and power out of the hole.

I was vibrating by the time I got to the rows, and was glad once the last two lifts were done. Solid day and interested to see how this month goes with increase calories and heavy rotation.

aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aquamarine84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Ah, yes. Puppies make for great exercise. Even sometimes when they grow up. We had two dalmatians when I was younger...Freckles especially never got fully leash broken. She definitely tested arm strength.
    "Never avoid opportunities. They may come in any form." - Carl Allen, Yes Man
    NASM CPT and NPC Bikini Competitor

junkfoodfittie.wordpress.com
    My Journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172513881
    FB/Instagram/Twitter: @jcooliegirl

Ah, yes. Puppies make for great exercise. Even sometimes when they grow up. We had two dalmatians when I was younger...Freckles especially never got fully leash broken. She definitely tested arm strength.
    The puppy owner called last night when I was just getting ready to start dinner. She's a friend's dog walking client and I help out every now and then. Her husband was taken to the ER with a pulmonary embolism so she was in desperate need of a second walking for them. Gah, it was even more difficult Round 2 since they'd spent the entire day conserving energy. LOL, but I was glad to help out and get another "upper body conditioning" workout in. Her poor husband.

It's also convinced me that having TWO puppies at one time is off the charts insane.

Mine was probably not the most efficient way but it's working so there's that. I ran a longer bulk initially from the 116 post comp up to 138 in just over a year. It was my first so I did it purposely faster than the others. Since I've cut down to 125 or so, then back up to about 135. Repeat a couple times.

I don't really go by measurements or body fat. I just make sure that I bulk by how fast the scale is going and just start a short cut when I hit my top mental threshold. Then I cut until I get bored with it. LOL. If I bulked with a plan or timeline, it would probably be more effective. I love lifting so I just keep doing that for fun regardless and I'm happy going along for the ride.

I had taken measurements a few times along the way but never compared them until now. It's so hard to tell in yourself if anything has changed, so I was really shocked at the difference.
    my plan has been to start bulking come April or latest start of May and bulk at least through end of year with goal 1 max 2 pounds a month, want to grow everything but put a decent focus on glutes, so now just trying to determine what program to run to start. Hoping I can mentally handle it that long - the foods I know I can do - I have to get better at taking measurement and doing them the same that great when you saw the differnce

It was like strapping tazmanian devils into harnesses and trying to walk them on rubber bands. Only much harder.

Paused squats are a torture method for sure. Pause until you feel like you'll murder anyone who speaks to you or about 1-2 seconds whichever comes last. LOL! It feels like forever, but it's really a beat or two while I remind myself to squeeze hard, knees out, and power out of the hole.
    OMG almost peed myself with the tazmanian devils LOL

I am terrible at consistent counting in my pauses and havent gotten the knees out thing gotta start trying to ingrain that

sad for the woman and her husband

my plan has been to start bulking come April or latest start of May and bulk at least through end of year with goal 1 max 2 pounds a month, want to grow everything but put a decent focus on glutes, so now just trying to determine what program to run to start. Hoping I can mentally handle it that long - the foods I know I can do - I have to get better at taking measurement and doing them the same that great when you saw the differnce
    I did a glute periods during the last couple years during my bulks. I'd do 2-3 months where I increased frequency and/or volume, then I'd back off and just hit everything equally. So if I was focused on glutes, I did 3-4 days a week of full body workouts but less volume for upper body and mostly compound work like rows, OHP, bench. Very little to no bicep curls, pressdowns.

Then I'd change back to an upper lower for a couple months with isolation work. The increased frequency made a noticeable difference. It did take some getting used to since I'd never done that much but only about 2 weeks. Strong Curves is a great glute program if you're looking for one to run on your own. It's very well written and balanced.