Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23
    adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I actually ended up taking my deload week (last week) a little early and bailing out on the final week with one set of singles at 110%. The prior week at 2 sets of singles at 105% was all I had in me. I started missing reps and just feeling run down. I knew there was pretty much no way that 110% was happening. I'm fine with that due to the major increases I had in 1RMs over the 10 week cycle. It was definitely a successful experiment.

I'm starting a new layout that's mostly hypertrophy based. I'm hoping to take advantage of being able to lift more weight in these ranges though. I'm doing a 4 day split still but 2 upper and 2 lower instead of full body. First workout of the week was up today and wasn't too bad for it having been a while since a lower day.

I also throw in some upper back, shoulder and abs to add in a little more volume there. It's not needed but is a nice to have. The volume in the first three is plenty to finish my lower body. The accessories round out the time in the gym nicely.

RDLs - 3x8
    Medium Stance Leg Press - 3x10
    Hamstring Curls - 3x10
    DB Lateral Raises - 2x12
    Cable Face Pulls - 2x12
    Ab Crunch Machine - 3x15
    Online Training and Nutrition Coach
    www.AccidentalFitnessQuest.com

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.facebook.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds good. I like the upper/lower splits.
    Gym Max: 225/126/275
    Meet Max: 198/115/248
    Goals: 229/130/285

adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adriannec is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    First upper body day of the week done. It's tougher for me to adjust with upper body from the full body split to an upper/lower. My legs tend to be OK, but my upper body starts to vibrate bad and give out just before the isolation work. It will work itself out in a couple weeks, but for now everything is still shaking.

I was excited about the bench press. When I first saw the number, I was kinda sad. Then I looked back over my notes and just 10 weeks ago I struggled to get 2 reps at this weight. NOW I'm doing sets of 8. Bam!

BB Bench Press - 3x8
    Single Arm Kneeling Cable Row - 3x6
    DB Incline Press - 3x10
    Chin Up Grip Pulldowns - 3x10
    Tricep Pressdowns w/Rope - 3x10
    Bicep Cable Curls w/Rope - 2x15

Currently using a double progression so each exercise has a range of goal reps from 6-8, 8-10, 10-12, or 12-15. Once I hit the top of the goal rep range, I'll increase the weight and drop the reps back down. That way it's a little slower progression with mini deloads along the way instead of just trying to add weight or reps as often as I can.

Have a training or nutrition question? PM me or ask me on FB: www.facebook.com/AccidentalFitnessQuest

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yay for new routine, its always fun to switch it up here, and there. Sounds solid too.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/202lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/210lbs

Since I made it through the powerlifting cycle, it worked out to be a natural breaking point for the bulk so I've currently transitioned into a pretty aggressive cut. The plan is to drop about 10 lbs so I can see the results of the latest bulk. Hunger has kicked in like a beast right now. Because I don't have a lot of free time, I tackle the cut through diet alone (instead of diet and cardio) so I've dropped calories pretty low to get this over and done with.

Personally I'm a big fan of not beating around the bush with cuts if you can avoid it. I could go more moderate but I have a pretty good tolerance for hunger and getting it done allows me to get back to maintenance or building faster. The interesting thing is that my NEAT usually goes thorugh the roof when I do this. I get hungry and start fidgeting and pacing around to keep occupied instead of eating. LOL. I usually wear a step tracker just to stay aware of activity.

I generally average about 7500 daily, but with this cut it's jumped to 10,000 - 12,000. So yeah, lots of pacing. Not a bad problem to have. Strength and energy hasn't taken a hit yet either and hopefully it won't before I'm done and back to eating.

Today's workout was the second lower of the week - Squat Day

BB Back Squats (Low Bar) - 3x8
    Smith Reverse Lunges - 3x10
    DB Hyperextensions - 3x12
    Lateral Band Walks - 2x20
    Chest Flyes on Pec Deck - 2x12
    Kneeling Cable Crunches - 3x15

Today's workout was crazy! I just finished my first working set on the pulldowns and I got a phone call that I needed to get home to handle. LOL, so since I refused to stop and come back, I decided to crank through by shortening rest times. I typically rest 2-3 minutes on the heavy core work and about 2 on the accessories. Today I knocked it down to 1 minute.

I was surprised that I was able to get all reps until I hit the bicep isolation work. Heart rate was up but I just assumed that the lack of rest would hit me hard. Maybe my body was in denial.

Pull Up Grip Pulldowns - 3x8
    Standing BB OHPs - 3x8
    Pendlay BB Rows - 3x10
    DB Flat Bench Presses - 3x10
    BB Bicep Curls - 3x12, 10, 10
    Cable Tricep Extensions - 2x15

I had to adjust my workout schedule a little starting this week. I've been doing a Sun/Mon/Wed/Thur schedule for quite a while, but I want to have weekends free. I took an extra rest day this weekend and will be doing Mon/Tues/Thur/Fri going forward. It will be nice to have weekends off from the gym for a while.

Today's workout was a real challenge but it went well. It was one of those that you felt doing it and had to push hard to get through. It was a nice feeling of accomplishment afterwards.

RDLs - 3x6
    Increase in weight by 5lbs from last time, so I dropped the reps down to 6 and will work my way back up to 8 at this weight.

Medium Stance Leg Press - 3x12
    Increase in reps from 10 last week to 12 this week. These were hard reps where I really wanted to stop at 10.

Hamstring Curls - 3x9
    Increase in weight from last time and goal reps dropped to 10. I wasn't quite able to get there without momentum so I called the set at 9 reps.

DB Lateral Raises - 2x15
    LOL, the first where I didn't feel like I wasn't going to make it.

Cable Face Pulls - 2x15
    Goal reps were 15, but I couldn't get past 12. I ended up going for total reps and did 12, 12, 6.

Ab Crunch Machine - 3x8
    Done and not too bad. Increase in weight from last time and a drop in reps.

Solid workout today. I went in thinking it wouldn't be too hard, but it was a nice challenge. I definitely felt worked over after I finished. Calories are still down for my cut and it's still pretty aggressive. I've got another 3-4 lbs to go before reassessing. I'm going more from look than scale number this time.

I'm not sure what to expect since it's been a while since I've cut. I'm assuming I'll be happier with the mirror at a higher weight this time. I was surprised that the pumps today were still happening. Usually that's the first thing I notice going when I cut. Still going strong.

BB Bench Press - 3x5
    Increased the weight from last week and lowered goal reps to 6 per set. Fell short a rep with each set and had to drop the bar on the rails. I was a little upset until I looked back in my notes and realized I only managed 3, 3, 2 last time I did this weight. So 3 sets of 5 is a big improvement.

Single Arm Kneeling Cable Row - 3x6
    Same weight as last week but I was able to get all the reps.

DB Incline Press - 3x10
    Increased weight this week and was able to hit 10 reps per set. Phew, hard though.

Chin Up Grip Pulldowns - 3x10, 10, 8
    This is an increase in reps from last time, but the first two sets took everything I had. I died on the last set and just couldn't do more.

Tricep Pressdowns w/Rope - 3x12
    Increase in reps over last week and was able to get them all.

Bicep Cable Curls w/Rope - 2x12
    Bumped up the weight from last week and dropped goal reps to 12. Got them but I was done at this point. I could barely write my notes down from the shaking.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adriannec View Post
    I had to adjust my workout schedule a little starting this week. I've been doing a Sun/Mon/Wed/Thur schedule for quite a while, but I want to have weekends free. I took an extra rest day this weekend and will be doing Mon/Tues/Thur/Fri going forward. It will be nice to have weekends off from the gym for a while.
    I prefer to get mine done during the week too. Weekends for me aren't predictable, I have to switch exercises based on if I workout here, or at my boyfriend's so weekend workouts would be inconsistent. Plus I don't want anything else tempting me, like it's often my only gaming time, and I don't want to have to choose if I can just workout during the week. Or if we grab a few beers, and I feel too lazy the next day. Whatever it may be. I like knowing I have two consecutive days to do other things.
    Originally Posted by adriannec View Post
    Calories are still down for my cut and it's still pretty aggressive. I've got another 3-4 lbs to go before reassessing. I'm going more from look than scale number this time.

I'm not sure what to expect since it's been a while since I've cut. I'm assuming I'll be happier with the mirror at a higher weight this time. I was surprised that the pumps today were still happening. Usually that's the first thing I notice going when I cut. Still going strong.
    I got down to close to where I'd like to be last week, but I'm letting my body balance out food/water weight from the weekend, and getting back into routine. So no scale for me for a few days, for sanity. I'd like to get 3-4lbs down, myself, but I plan to start slowly increasing cals next month so I have enough time to bulk this winter.

Ideally I'd like to be a couple lbs below my goal (140) when I start, so that initial surplus bloat just looks like where my starting point was supposed to be, lol. If I didn't gain (or at least much) over the weekend, and given my deficit is aggressive, if I build up slowly I should still lose just enough to be where I'd like to be when I hit maintenance.

Blahblah rambling, sorry. Just relating with the aggressive deficit, and cut goals. I care about the look too, but the number gives me a more tangible goal (even if there is some degree of inaccuracy with the damn thing). Plus I know I still have some muscle to build before I get leaned out how I'd like, which is probably why I'm not too worried if I don't get those couple lbs below 140. Gonna go up anyway, and still at a leaner starting point than last time.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/202lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/210lbs