Reply
Page 231 of 231 FirstFirst ... 131 181 221 229 230 231
Results 6,901 to 6,908 of 6908
  1. #6901
    Registered User Pomegranate23's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2017
    Location: Sweden
    Posts: 127
    Rep Power: 325
    Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pomegranate23 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Pomegranate23 is offline
    After once more being surprised by how heavy the weights felt (W1 medium) I realised a really silly mistake ive made. I assumed the novice version was done with your 6rm but now reading the old post about it I realise that thats probably something ive made up on my own, right?

    Gonna recalculate the weights and just do normal all pro now, because i clearly missunderstood novice and its purpose lol.

    Edit: my first clue was that no matter the search terms, I couldnt find anyone complaining that week 1 of all pro was too heavy for them hahah
    Last edited by Pomegranate23; 02-13-2019 at 02:26 AM.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #6902
    Registered User xploid's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    xploid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    xploid is offline
    Hey just a quick question, I did rep10 week, did the heavy and medium and then i got hit by a flu so im i didnt do the light day and im out for week and half, should i repeat the full rep 10 week or just continue to 11?

    But i figure its gonna be a bit hard after a week and a half of no training either way.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #6903
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 40
    Posts: 7,720
    Rep Power: 12774
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by xploid View Post
    Hey just a quick question, I did rep10 week, did the heavy and medium and then i got hit by a flu so im i didnt do the light day and im out for week and half, should i repeat the full rep 10 week or just continue to 11?

    But i figure its gonna be a bit hard after a week and a half of no training either way.
    Start at 9 rep week when you get better. You only have to do the 8 rep deload week if you bumped or failed. If you took a week or 2 off, there is no point.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #6904
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 40
    Posts: 7,720
    Rep Power: 12774
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Pomegranate23 View Post
    After once more being surprised by how heavy the weights felt (W1 medium) I realised a really silly mistake ive made. I assumed the novice version was done with your 6rm but now reading the old post about it I realise that thats probably something ive made up on my own, right?

    Gonna recalculate the weights and just do normal all pro now, because i clearly missunderstood novice and its purpose lol.

    Edit: my first clue was that no matter the search terms, I couldnt find anyone complaining that week 1 of all pro was too heavy for them hahah
    yea its mainly, got in all 11 reps on 11 rep week, but some how failed test week. You just bump 10% and move on anyway. So that would be your 8-9 rep max, not 6 lol.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #6905
    Registered User xploid's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    xploid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    xploid is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Start at 9 rep week when you get better. You only have to do the 8 rep deload week if you bumped or failed. If you took a week or 2 off, there is no point.
    Okay thanks for the reply as always.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6906
    Registered User Loonypapa's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2017
    Age: 49
    Posts: 7
    Rep Power: 0
    Loonypapa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Loonypapa is offline

    Shoulder PT routine on lift day or rest day?

    I want to jump into this, because what I've been doing to date is pretty scattered with no progression structure. But I've had bad AC joints for a few decades. I usually perk back up after 3 weeks or so of doing a physical therapy routine my orthopedist gave me years ago. Should I do the 3 weeks of PT prior to starting AllPro, or do the PT and AllPro with just a bar or light weight? And should I do the PT on the off days? Instinct is telling me to do the PT on off days for 3 weeks, and do a 3 week cycle with light weights, just to make sure the AC joints are ready for real weight.

    Also, any tips on dealing with a subluxed UC ligament would be appreciated.

    Signed,
    Rickety Old Man
    Reply With Quote

  7. #6907
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 40
    Posts: 7,720
    Rep Power: 12774
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Loonypapa View Post
    I want to jump into this, because what I've been doing to date is pretty scattered with no progression structure. But I've had bad AC joints for a few decades. I usually perk back up after 3 weeks or so of doing a physical therapy routine my orthopedist gave me years ago. Should I do the 3 weeks of PT prior to starting AllPro, or do the PT and AllPro with just a bar or light weight? And should I do the PT on the off days? Instinct is telling me to do the PT on off days for 3 weeks, and do a 3 week cycle with light weights, just to make sure the AC joints are ready for real weight.

    Also, any tips on dealing with a subluxed UC ligament would be appreciated.

    Signed,
    Rickety Old Man
    Start light. Do PT any time after the workout if you can, else do it on off days.

    Sorry about your thumb, who ever is incharge of your UCL should tell you if you are in the immobilize phase, or the beat the snot out of it phase.

    You can always just use straps with practice, then you are not using your thumb to keep the bar from rolling out of your hands. just about any 100% webbing(not padded) will do:
    https://www.roguefitness.com/ohio-li...n-ranger-green
    Reply With Quote

  8. #6908
    Registered User Vyprath's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 111
    Rep Power: 5
    Vyprath is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Vyprath is offline
    I can currently do 5 full ROM dips and chin ups, should I just do 2x5 for each without a band or 2x(whatever Rep of the week) with a band?
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts