AdamKhan012020 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What is a good workout routine/program to follow, currently doing 5x5?

Hi,

I am currently doing 5x5, 3 times a week with occasional other light weight exercises, I've looked into other splits, such as the Upper/Lower, Push/Pull/Leg... but not sure which one to peruse for maximum potential with not too much time in the gym i.e. less than 1hour where possible and what exercises are good. I have the following

- Power rack with Barbell, Flat bench (No cables)
    - Dumbbell Pairs, which I can add/remove weights
    - Landmine setup
    - Curl/EZ Bar
    - Preacher Bench

Below is where I reached but not seeing any gains and kind of getting boring. The workout doesn't even feel intense and feels like I am wasting quite a lot of gains.

Squats: 65KG
    OHP: 35KG
    Deadlift: 75KG
    Bench Press: 35KG
    Row: 35KG

In terms of diet, should I be counting all the calories and nutrition that I am consuming?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You say it doesn't feel intense - are you regularly increasing the weights used? You've got to progressively overload otherwise you just stay where you are.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamKhan012020 View Post
    The workout doesn't even feel intense and feels like I am wasting quite a lot of gains.
    I don't understand the complaint that a workout "doesn't even feel intense". You realise that you control how intense it is by the amount of weight you put on the bar, don't you?
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    At your lifts you should avoid a PPL and go with one of the novice routines from the stickies. Follow one as prescribed and they should help you progress faster since you don't seem to know how to keep intensity up. Once you stop making gains on one of those, then move onto something intermediate like an U/L.

AdamKhan012020 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    At your lifts you should avoid a PPL and go with one of the novice routines from the stickies. Follow one as prescribed and they should help you progress faster since you don't seem to know how to keep intensity up. Once you stop making gains on one of those, then move onto something intermediate like an U/L.
    What stickes?

RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) RapidFail is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AdamKhan012020 View Post
    What stickes?
    The sticky threads at the top of the forum. Fierce 5 is highly recommended.