Closed Thread
Page 11 of 290 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
    OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Nightanole,

For the SLDL, I've seen you state in the past that its more important to go lower than to add more weight. So I passed my SLDL at 199 on Saturday, but I'm certainly not going all the way down (much less to the point where I need to stand on a platform)... I just go down until I feel a stretch in the hamstrings.

So should I be continuing to add weight, or just keep the weight at 199 and work on going further.

Also, exrx.net makes a distinction between the straight-legged deadlift, stiff-legged deadlift, straight-backed straight-legged deadlift, and straight-backed stiff-legged deadlift. Which of those four are we doing here?

Aamenkhan1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi, can someone one recommend me good beginners 3-4DAYS a week workout plan for females for toning the body? Thanks!

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DrBirkin62 View Post
    Hey, going to be beginning this program hopefully this week when my power rack shows up.

Quick question, I'm reading two conflicting reports.

The FAQ says to do 2 warm ups for the first three exercises, and then the WIKI says it's recommended you do warm ups for ALL the exercises, and each exercises gets two work sets.

Which is actually recommended? 4 sets for all or 4 for the first 3 only?
    Wiki is for rev 1.0.

We are on about 1.2 right now. Warmups were dropped after the first 3 lifts due to people failing, mainly on the OHP. So the first 3 lifts take care of all the warmups for the rest of the routine.

DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fair enough, thank you for the speedy response! I am so pumped to get this routine going.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OryxOryx View Post
    Nightanole,

For the SLDL, I've seen you state in the past that its more important to go lower than to add more weight. So I passed my SLDL at 199 on Saturday, but I'm certainly not going all the way down (much less to the point where I need to stand on a platform)... I just go down until I feel a stretch in the hamstrings.

So should I be continuing to add weight, or just keep the weight at 199 and work on going further.

Also, exrx.net makes a distinction between the straight-legged deadlift, stiff-legged deadlift, straight-backed straight-legged deadlift, and straight-backed stiff-legged deadlift. Which of those four are we doing here?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uDiW5--rAE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR6HDEmBQNo

Notes:
    Take a normal dead lift, move the weight to over toes or farther, and do the lift with little to no hip drop, bend knees as necessary in order to maintain balance (if i do them with locked knees my head will hit the floor as a fall over)

Originally Posted by Aamenkhan1 View Post
    hi, can someone one recommend me good beginners 3-4DAYS a week workout plan for females for toning the body? Thanks!
    This program will work since you can run it at a calorie deficit unaltered. Other beginner programs are meant to ran while putting on weight(unless they list a cutting version).
    I recommend males to run this program on a cut till about 13%, and females till about 20-22% depending on assets. You can progress at normal pace till you get to those levels, then you will either have to put on good weight to keep up on progression, or continue to cut to your goal fat level while always hitting the rep goals of week 3 (10 rep week). If you start missing reps on 10 rep week that a cue that you are cutting too deep.

sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Can weigth be added to the bar every week instead of going up by 1 rep each week ?

Originally Posted by sasa1999 View Post
    Can weigth be added to the bar every week instead of going up by 1 rep each week ?
    Allpro is based on the pattern of adding 4 reps to your max effort set means you can handle 10% more weight. If you would like to run a program that adds weight every week, try this one out, you can even use all the allpro lifts in about the same order.

https://content.tigerfitness.com/jug...rophy-program/

DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Crashed and burned today (not really, but it felt like it).
    Perfect storm, not enough sleep saturday night, too much cardio yesterday, deficit, and just felt like crap today.

It was 10 rep week, I passed all the weights except bicep curl (which I'm dropping down to 65 from 70, and I don't care that much, it's overpowered as it is). Plus I'm doing those 135 lb pendalays you recommended every workout.
    Am I supposed to keep it at 135?

Anyhow, here's my stats for week 3 heavy day.
    Bench 130 - These were tough, the 10th rep on the second set was awful but the form stayed okay. Grinded it.
    Squats - 145 - I was BEAT during these. I had to rest during the set, weight still on me, only for about 5 seconds around rep 7 of the 2nd set.
    BOR 95 - Oddly easier than the other two.
    OHP - 70 - Wasn't in danger of failing, but I was beat from bench
    SLDL - 120 - Went fine but nausea again here. I always start getting nauseous on heavy day, reps 10-12, usually after the first set of SLDL.
    Curl - failed, but I went down to 65 from 70 and banged them out okay.
    Pendalay rows - 135 - 3 reps. Wanted to die.
    calf raises (12 reps this week, doing 8,10,12,14,16) - 135 - went fine.

I've lost 4 lbs (ish) since the cycle started. (172-168). I didn't eat before the gym because I thought it was helping the nausea. Surprise surprise, it didn't. It's the 10-12 rep range, and it doesn't seem to matter when I've last eaten.

Seriously, is there anything i can do about this nausea? It's awful. And it's making what should feel successful (deep cut without losing strength) feel like ****.

You might have to reroll your diet plan and eating frequency. Your macros might be off and something is not getting "refilled" workout to workout. Your body fat reflects what fats you ate to get fat, if it was a crappy diet, your forcing your body to run off of crappy body fat, and if a certain needed fat is in short supply, its going to take its toll. Same for lack of carbs, if your body is not good at replenishing glycogen, its going to suck at the higher rep workouts.

I could offer several alternative exercise plans, but they require different frequency vs 3x full body per week. In reality allpro beginner is still one of the best for cutting, since most other popular programs need changes to make it a cutting version.

Else you could just drop all your lifts 5lbs and see how you feel. If working at 65% of 1rm feels better than 70%, who cares as long as you are progressing. You are talking a 2 rep all out difference.

DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    You might have to reroll your diet plan and eating frequency. Your macros might be off and something is not getting "refilled" workout to workout. Your body fat reflects what fats you ate to get fat, if it was a crappy diet, your forcing your body to run off of crappy body fat, and if a certain needed fat is in short supply, its going to take its toll. Same for lack of carbs, if your body is not good at replenishing glycogen, its going to suck at the higher rep workouts.

I could offer several alternative exercise plans, but they require different frequency vs 3x full body per week. In reality allpro beginner is still one of the best for cutting, since most other popular programs need changes to make it a cutting version.

Else you could just drop all your lifts 5lbs and see how you feel. If working at 65% of 1rm feels better than 70%, who cares as long as you are progressing. You are talking a 2 rep all out difference.
    I think I need to reroll the diet, indeed. It's... inconsistent. It's consistently a cut, mind you, and I get enough protein, but some days I'm cutting harder than others, and that would probably explain the energy. I'll recalculate my macros, though I'm fairly sure I get enough protein + fat. (I'm getting at least 100 grams of protein a day, which is more than .65/pound of LBM). Still not sure about the nausea, though. I don't want to swap programs, I want to remain on Allpro's throughout the cut, then bulk on fierce 5 for a bit until I think I'm past beginner. (I'm not counting any plateaus during my cut, since I know they're not really plateaus).

OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm cutting and I find that the auto-regulated version of AllPro works well, because I think that even on a pretty careful cut, you will still have some low energy days.

nightanole: Regarding my relative imbalance on the BOR (94) versus the bench (just passed at 133). My sticking point on the BOR seems to be the last couple reps of the 2nd set. Given this, does your recommended assistance work (to be done once a week) change? Earlier you mentioned heavy pendlays, band facepulls, band assist chinups.

Today I had a great workout, passing on squat, bench, OHP, SLDL. I squeezed out a 12th rep in the 2nd set of BORs but my form was compromised to the point that I don't think it should count as passing.

I'm cutting and I find that the auto-regulated version of AllPro works well, because I think that even on a pretty careful cut, you will still have some low energy days.

nightanole: Regarding my relative imbalance on the BOR (94) versus the bench (just passed at 133). My sticking point on the BOR seems to be the last couple reps of the 2nd set. Given this, does your recommended assistance work (to be done once a week) change? Earlier you mentioned heavy pendlays, band facepulls, band assist chinups.

Today I had a great workout, passing on squat, bench, OHP, SLDL. I squeezed out a 12th rep in the 2nd set of BORs but my form was compromised to the point that I don't think it should count as passing.
    You have some type of upper back/shoulder weakness, the exercises i selected are low impact so they shouldnt tax your recovery.

The heavy pendlays will help with explosive power, and teach you efficiency of the lift, With a lighter weight its easier to turn the lift into several movements vs one strong one. This happens a lot in a squat when it turns into a "squat good morning" because the lifter focuses on getting the hips up vs getting the bar moving. With the row its possible you are rowing it off the ground with your lats and then curling it to your chest with your biceps. This makes it impossible to lock out a heavy weight or extremely fatiguing for one muscle group. The heavy pull teaches you how to get every thing to fire in order.

The chinup helps with the shoulder blades, and the facepulls is just a general fitness shoulder health tool that you will use for the rest of your life. You may never get stronger in the facepull, that is not the point of the exercise, its to condition the very small muscles and to keep them strong in the full range of motion. If they are only strong in a very short range (the range you use for nomal lifts) they will pull or snap if you happen to form compromise. The face pull is insurance for when (not if) that happens.

PS: with the heavy pendlays most only start with 1-2 reps, if your real row goes up 10%, that means your pendlay will end up at 4-5 reps. At that point you need to knock it back down to 1-2 reps. The point is the heavy explosive pull, not rep work.

Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Goin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Keep progressing! Good job!

DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DrBirkin62 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So I got my power rack today and put it together and did a semi-test workout with my new barbell. I've never lifted a barbell in my life... I've only been using dumbbells for 8 months now.

I feel really weak when lifting. I feel that I got a good workout in (sweating and all) but damn do I feel lousy. I started eating clean today which should help tremendously.

Maybe I wasn't pushing myself during this workout but squats was about 100 lbs. BP 85 lbs. Overhead 45lbs (this is the most brutal). Deadlift 65 lbs (was mainly working on form since this is a tough one). Curls (dumbbell) 35 each hand.

I guess I'm just asking for reassurance even though I know this is all normal for a beginner. Just gotta keep pushing myself right?

munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've been having trouble with the Chest Supported Row (which I originally subbed in for the BOR), and today I attempted some DB BORs, which seemed to target the lats and middle back more. The Chest Supported Rows I was doing were hitting my upper traps and rear delts, no matter what I did with form, or weight, etc.

Wanted to make sure the DB BOR is a decent sub, and this would now make my routine look like this:

Landmine squats
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    DB Bent Over Row (tried Chest Supported Row but couldn't "get it")
    Standing DB Overhead Press
    Seated leg curl machine
    Assisted chin ups (neutral grip)
    Calf Raise
    High knee Farmer’s Walk

Am I missing anything?

Next week is my first "test day" and feeling pretty good about everything besides the rows. Looking forward to bumping up the weights for the first time!

Hakem23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would not do pullups/dips on off days unless they are very easy. Too heavy and it will mess up your bench.

mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just figured I would get in on this thread since I am starting AllPro!

I did this routine pretty well for 6 months two years ago and saw good gains. Now, after making gains elsewhere(wife and child) and after two years I am finally getting off my lazy ass and getting back to the gym. For the past two weeks at the gym I have just kind of been testing my body out and seeing where I am at. I have noticed some slight pain in my lower back after working out, not during the workouts, which almost seems like a charlie horse in my back. I plan on visiting the doctor in December when my health insurance starts up, but until then I'm going to keep it extremely light in exercises that have any lower back strain.

My old gym unfortunately was a business owned by a good friend and it got acquired by another company and now costs $55/mo (it's a community center that has a pool, racqet ball, etc and you can't pay for individual things). So, for now since I don't want to spend that crazy money when starting back up, I am at planet fitness where there is only smith machines. I know they aren't as great as free barbell exercises, but they are going to have to do for now. The only other concern that I have is that their barbells only go up to 60lbs. Is using a military press fine for an overhead barbell press? Technically you are pushing the bar above your head

I also will be working on my flexibility since I am not able to go to a 90 with a straight back, which also might be contributing to my lower back 'charlie horses.'

---

A lot of rambling and not really much I'm asking. tl;dr version:

-Using smith machine will probably result in a little bit slower gains but nothing crazy right?
    -Military press is a sufficient substitute for OHP?
    -Feel free to suggest any good hamstring & lower back exercises.

-Matt

Originally Posted by DrBirkin62 View Post
    So I got my power rack today and put it together and did a semi-test workout with my new barbell. I've never lifted a barbell in my life... I've only been using dumbbells for 8 months now.

I feel really weak when lifting. I feel that I got a good workout in (sweating and all) but damn do I feel lousy. I started eating clean today which should help tremendously.

Maybe I wasn't pushing myself during this workout but squats was about 100 lbs. BP 85 lbs. Overhead 45lbs (this is the most brutal). Deadlift 65 lbs (was mainly working on form since this is a tough one). Curls (dumbbell) 35 each hand.

I guess I'm just asking for reassurance even though I know this is all normal for a beginner. Just gotta keep pushing myself right?
    My first cycle squats were 95lbs...
    Everyone will have imbalances so there is no good starting weight. Most bench more than the squat because they have never done it before

Originally Posted by munichveteran View Post
    I've been having trouble with the Chest Supported Row (which I originally subbed in for the BOR), and today I attempted some DB BORs, which seemed to target the lats and middle back more. The Chest Supported Rows I was doing were hitting my upper traps and rear delts, no matter what I did with form, or weight, etc.

Wanted to make sure the DB BOR is a decent sub, and this would now make my routine look like this:

Landmine squats
    Dumbbell Bench Press
    DB Bent Over Row (tried Chest Supported Row but couldn't "get it")
    Standing DB Overhead Press
    Seated leg curl machine
    Assisted chin ups (neutral grip)
    Calf Raise
    High knee Farmer’s Walk

Am I missing anything?

Next week is my first "test day" and feeling pretty good about everything besides the rows. Looking forward to bumping up the weights for the first time!
    You want a palms away and palms towards pull for the biceps. So as long as you are getting those between the row/curl/chinup you are good.

Originally Posted by mLepley View Post

A lot of rambling and not really much I'm asking. tl;dr version:

-Using smith machine will probably result in a little bit slower gains but nothing crazy right?
    -Military press is a sufficient substitute for OHP?
    -Feel free to suggest any good hamstring & lower back exercises.

-Matt
    Smith is fine if you learn good alignment and not cheat and push forward.
    No clue what you are talking about with "the press". The only difference between the military and reg is 6" of foot stance, heels together on military. As long as its not a push press(legs) you should be good.

You could try some light good mornings for the hams/back.

mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10) mLepley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the super quick reply. I just found good mornings and trying a few without weight seem to stretch really well. Looking forward to trying some tomorrow at the gym with 20lbs or so.

Yesterday was a stupor. I was a bit sick, but I banged out all of medium week. It was weird. I was tired after 2 reps (just a cold, you know, feeling tired) but I had no trouble completing it. It felt weirdly easier, and no nausea. Almost wish I had a cold more often, or something.

Interesting, switching to underhand grip on the lat pulldown seems to engage my lats wayyyy more (overhand I would feel fatigue in my upper and even forearms). Plus, it just feels like a more natural, comfortable movement for me. Did 2x12 at 110 no problem with underhand grip. With overhand grip I'd struggle mightily with that due to arm fatigue.

SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Quick question : After finishing a cycle, do we directly jump into the next one or take a whole week off to deload ?

Talking

Went to the gym today to mainly work on each exercise and find my 10 rep for each one. I have been stretching multiple times a day since finding out that super tight hamstrings can lead to lower back pain. I felt so much better leaving the gym today and felt no back pain doing any of the exercises. I did keep it a little light for BORs and SLDLs to be safe, but I'm happy with my starting weights.

I made and attached a little spreadsheet to keep me on track.

I'm just excited to get started. Can't wait for Monday to come!
    Attached Images

enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) enr33 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Brah hey I started cycle 2 Monday and I got all my reps M and W with perfect form, even bench and rows!

Today is light workout and its really aggravating, but im under so much stress I have so much work I need to finish tonight and this weekend I just dont think I can make it today......

It hurts me to think about this but I gotta get my priorities straight so I can pass my classes.

Is it ok?
    Starting Weight: 148lbs
    Texas Crew
    Self-Improvement Crew
    ************Misc Vigilante Crew - Social Network Justice Division (EST. AUG 2013)***********
    3x110x12 Bench
    3x200x12 Squat

Originally Posted by SmackBang77 View Post
    Quick question : After finishing a cycle, do we directly jump into the next one or take a whole week off to deload ?
    Nope just jump right back into the next cycle with 8 reps. If you happen to miss reps on test day, then the next cycles 8 rep week will be the 10% deload compared to the previous weeks test day.

Originally Posted by enr33 View Post
    Brah hey I started cycle 2 Monday and I got all my reps M and W with perfect form, even bench and rows!

Today is light workout and its really aggravating, but im under so much stress I have so much work I need to finish tonight and this weekend I just dont think I can make it today......

It hurts me to think about this but I gotta get my priorities straight so I can pass my classes.

Is it ok?
    You can skip light day week 1, and one other medium or light day during the cycle and be ok. Any more than that and the lack of fatigue buildup might be a problem.

On a 5 rep program, just about every rep uses all the fibers of the muscle. In order to do that with a 12 rep program the muscle needs to be fatigued before the workout, if you let your muscles recover too much during the cycle, the fatigue will not build up.

If your life gets too chaotic you might be better off switching to 2 heavies 2x a week, switching to greyskull lp 3x a week, or switching to this program 2x a week:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm-mYQ7a3xM

Everyone will have the same exercises regardless of which workout you choose, on the progression and flexibility changes.

For the heavy pendlays, of which I'm doing 3 sets of 1-3 heavy reps on Saturdays as a BOR assistance, should I be explosively pulling the bar to my chest for the full rep? Like, if the last couple inches to my chest are moving slowly that means I'm probably using too heavy of a weight and compromising form, right?

And for my light band facepulls that I'm also doing Saturdays as an assistance exercise, is 3x10 fine or what?

For the heavy pendlays, of which I'm doing 3 sets of 1-3 heavy reps on Saturdays as a BOR assistance, should I be explosively pulling the bar to my chest for the full rep? Like, if the last couple inches to my chest are moving slowly that means I'm probably using too heavy of a weight and compromising form, right?

And for my light band facepulls that I'm also doing Saturdays as an assistance exercise, is 3x10 fine or what?
    If you cant get it off the ground fast enough you will never be able to lock it out. It is an explosive pull like you said.

Face pulls will be 25-30 reps. Very light weight.

Diancecht has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was wondering if it's okay to move deadlifts to the last exercise I do because since adding on 10% weight I start to feel a little light headed and nausea creeps in and then I don't give it my all on bb curl and calf raises.

Also, whats you thought on the Manta Ray pad? I've been using one for squats over the last couple of weeks but I'm not sure if it's beneficial in the long term

Originally Posted by Diancecht View Post
    I was wondering if it's okay to move deadlifts to the last exercise I do because since adding on 10% weight I start to feel a little light headed and nausea creeps in and then I don't give it my all on bb curl and calf raises.

Also, whats you thought on the Manta Ray pad? I've been using one for squats over the last couple of weeks but I'm not sure if it's beneficial in the long term
    Interestingly, it's the SLDL that make me nauseous as well.

Closed Thread