Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Reply
Page 113 of 155 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 4631
  1. #3361
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by blackfieldgates View Post
    Due to what seems to have been an endless amount of deadlines recently I missed my light day for at the very least three weeks of this cycle (in fact I think on one of the weeks I just went for two heavies instead). Test day for this cycle is tomorrow but I was wondering if missing three light days ended up screwing up the system or should I reset it (and if so, why).

    My performance hasn't changed much and I anticipate I should pass test day with no troubles, but was wondering if those missing light days add up in some way that I don't know about.

    Also is there any decent video on Overhead Press form?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_WP...&index=5&gl=CA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnBmiBqp-AI&gl=CA

    Those are the 2 most popular forms. I use jason's false grip due to previous wrist injuries, but mark's form would give better tension buildup at the bottom.

    If you feel you had a false positive on 1 or 2 lifts, perform a single set of 10 on light day with the new weight. If you fail, it was a false positive.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #3362
    Banned Koino's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2017
    Age: 26
    Posts: 2
    Rep Power: 0
    Koino is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Koino is offline
    Hello im new on ths one.
    Anyone approve about my routine daily supplemnt i mix

    Morning i eat breakfast oatmeal egg and bacon and after that i drink 1scoop of whey , 10grams of BCAA ,2 tablets of amino acid 2222 and 1cup of coffee rest for 30mins and hit the gym and after my workout i rest 30mins and i take 1 scoop whey , 5grams creatine , 2 tablets amino acid 2222

    And at night going to sleep i drnk 1 scoop whey, 5grams glutamine

    Is ths good or not?
    Ifeel my self seriously fast gain
    But im new i need more suggstion or any recommndation that i wll change?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3363
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Koino View Post
    Hello im new on ths one.
    Anyone approve about my routine daily supplemnt i mix

    Morning i eat breakfast oatmeal egg and bacon and after that i drink 1scoop of whey , 10grams of BCAA ,2 tablets of amino acid 2222 and 1cup of coffee rest for 30mins and hit the gym and after my workout i rest 30mins and i take 1 scoop whey , 5grams creatine , 2 tablets amino acid 2222

    And at night going to sleep i drnk 1 scoop whey, 5grams glutamine

    Is ths good or not?
    Ifeel my self seriously fast gain
    But im new i need more suggstion or any recommndation that i wll change?
    The amino acid 2222 is not needed.
    The BCAA is not needed.
    If you need a supplement like those above, due to dietary problems, i would look int 5-10g of an essential amino acid blend. per day.

    Creatine is fine till your muscles are trained (maybe six months of lifting), after that is it worthless.

    The timing of the whey also doesnt matter, you can take it any time of the day, your body will average out the protein over several days.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #3364
    Registered User ElatedOwl's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Age: 26
    Posts: 1
    Rep Power: 0
    ElatedOwl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ElatedOwl is offline
    Love this routine, it's been great for a complete beginner like me.

    At my cheapo gym there aren't any standard free weights; I've got access to a smith machine, pre-weighted barbells, and dumbbells. The pre-weighted barbells only go up to 60lbs. For squats and bench press I've been using the smith and everything else has been the barbells. For the remaining exercises, as I surpass the 60lb weight, should I be switching them to dumbbells or to the smith machine?
    Reply With Quote

  5. #3365
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by ElatedOwl View Post
    Love this routine, it's been great for a complete beginner like me.

    At my cheapo gym there aren't any standard free weights; I've got access to a smith machine, pre-weighted barbells, and dumbbells. The pre-weighted barbells only go up to 60lbs. For squats and bench press I've been using the smith and everything else has been the barbells. For the remaining exercises, as I surpass the 60lb weight, should I be switching them to dumbbells or to the smith machine?
    OHP and squat can be done just fine in the smith. The bench and row can not due to the non straight bar paths (they are elliptical). Planet fitness may have elliptical bench machines (i think they are called hammer strength). Else i dont know what to tell yea, even if you look like dork with 2 60lb bar bells benching with the hammer grip, that is still less than 1 plate.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #3366
    Registered User DandyLion1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Age: 25
    Posts: 45
    Rep Power: 0
    DandyLion1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DandyLion1 is offline
    I've watched a few different form videos on the SLDL including the one at the start of this thread but still not sure - do you recommend a slight bend in the knee or can I keep my legs completely straight? I'm able to keep them straight while keeping a straight back and unrounded shoulders, and find it more comfortable without the slight bend in my knees. (Probably because my quads are feeling tired by this point). Will I still be able to keep doing this with heavier weight..?
    Reply With Quote

  7. #3367
    Registered User rayg350's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2011
    Age: 28
    Posts: 7
    Rep Power: 0
    rayg350 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    rayg350 is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    1) focus on bar speed and short rest periods. If bar speed and rest are the same every day of the week, you are doing it wrong. Aside from that, and you want abs/cardio/deadlift, i would look into some strong man conditioning work such as prowler/sled pushes/pulls, farmer carries/walks, and what ever they call it this week where you walk around with 1 heavy dumb bell in one hand over head, and look like a dork.

    2) OHP should be 60-65% of your bench to be considered within spec. A working weight of 60lbs and a failed test day for bench would put you back in spec. A good accessory for the OHP is push pressing a weight you can only do 2-3 times, at the end of the medium/light workouts. Normally this is your bench press working weight. This corrects any form issues (you learn real quick if your form is inefficient with a heavy weight, with a light weight you could be 6" off center and still be good).

    Other than that you look good, and GG for having your row a little higher than your bench. Based on that it seems you are arm dominant, and are not using the chest to push hard at max tension to get the weight going on the bench/ohp. The chest isnt doing a whole lot once the bar is 3-4" off the chest, and if the bar doesnt have enough momentum by then, you wont be able to lock it out.
    So I slowed down my bar speed and lowered my rest period between sets and the combination absolutely kicked my ass on my medium day. I guess the extra time under tention helps a lot when going real slow on bar speed.

    After my medium workset I did two sets of 3 reps OHP with my benchpress weight. I honestly didn't notice issues with my form when I was doing it with the heavier weight set. Perhaps I just need to make this routine on light/medium days in order to get my OHP back in spec.

    Thanks for all your tips over the last few months. They've helped me improve tremendously and feel better physically and mentally.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #3368
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by DandyLion1 View Post
    I've watched a few different form videos on the SLDL including the one at the start of this thread but still not sure - do you recommend a slight bend in the knee or can I keep my legs completely straight? I'm able to keep them straight while keeping a straight back and unrounded shoulders, and find it more comfortable without the slight bend in my knees. (Probably because my quads are feeling tired by this point). Will I still be able to keep doing this with heavier weight..?
    Take a normal deadlift lockout stance
    bend the knees as much as you like, as long as it does not cause hip drop
    lower the bar till your hamstrings go tight, while maintaining a straight back
    as soon as the hamstrings go tight pull back hard

    You can do it just fine with straight legs, just not locked knees.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #3369
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by rayg350 View Post
    So I slowed down my bar speed and lowered my rest period between sets and the combination absolutely kicked my ass on my medium day. I guess the extra time under tention helps a lot when going real slow on bar speed.

    After my medium workset I did two sets of 3 reps OHP with my benchpress weight. I honestly didn't notice issues with my form when I was doing it with the heavier weight set. Perhaps I just need to make this routine on light/medium days in order to get my OHP back in spec.

    Thanks for all your tips over the last few months. They've helped me improve tremendously and feel better physically and mentally.
    Well great that you found something that work, but you kinda misinterpreted me. When i meant focus on bar speed, i meant that has the weight gets lighter in the week, you should be getting a faster bar speed.

    You can try slow and controlled for a cycle or so to get over your hump, but its going to bite you in the ass when you need to lock out a heavy weight. You wont be able to without the momentum from a hard pull/push at the start of the movement.

    You could even do a hybrid of lowering the weight slowly, but pulling/pushing hard.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #3370
    Registered User milat3340's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Age: 31
    Posts: 25
    Rep Power: 0
    milat3340 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    milat3340 is offline
    This week I finished CYCLE 3 and it looks like this:

    Squats 43 kg PASS
    Bench Presses 43 kg PASS
    Bent-Over Rows 29 kg PASS
    Overhead Barbell Presses 31 kg FAIL (I managed only 10 reps on last set)
    SLDL 29 kg PASS
    Barbell Curls 22 kg FAIL (I managed only 10 reps on last set)
    Calf Raises 22 kg PASS

    Few questions:

    1. My barbel curl weight on Cycle 2 was to heavy (24 kg) so I worked with 22 kg on Cycle 3. I Failed again. What should I do? Do I keep the same weight (22 kg) on Cycle 3 or should I work with more or less weight?

    2. My biceps are weak, you suggested me before to do a yates row with a hammer grip at the sides using the dumb bells... I didnt do that because it was to complicated to do so I just sticked with standard program. I would like to add exercise for biceps but something simple- with barbell or dumbell, it doesent matter. I woul be tankfull if you suggest me alternative, something simple.

    3. Next week is Cycle 4, and I am not seeing much results. My diet is good but i still have big belly. I get around 120 g of protein daily, I watch my calories... Only thing that is not good si saturday when I go out and drink around 10 beers or 0.5 liter Jack with Cola or something like that( I eat pizza on thad day to or some other crap). But all the other day are fine.
    Is my progress to slow, my arms ( triceps) are little bigger but I after 3 Cycles I dont see to much improvements on my look. Should I transfer to another routine or this is normal? When can i expect some visible results? I never skipped workout, i eat good 6 of 7 days and i started to do 1 hour of cardio weekly.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #3371
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by milat3340 View Post
    This week I finished CYCLE 3 and it looks like this:

    Squats 43 kg PASS
    Bench Presses 43 kg PASS
    Bent-Over Rows 29 kg PASS
    Overhead Barbell Presses 31 kg FAIL (I managed only 10 reps on last set)
    SLDL 29 kg PASS
    Barbell Curls 22 kg FAIL (I managed only 10 reps on last set)
    Calf Raises 22 kg PASS

    Few questions:

    1. My barbel curl weight on Cycle 2 was to heavy (24 kg) so I worked with 22 kg on Cycle 3. I Failed again. What should I do? Do I keep the same weight (22 kg) on Cycle 3 or should I work with more or less weight?

    2. My biceps are weak, you suggested me before to do a yates row with a hammer grip at the sides using the dumb bells... I didnt do that because it was to complicated to do so I just sticked with standard program. I would like to add exercise for biceps but something simple- with barbell or dumbell, it doesent matter. I woul be tankfull if you suggest me alternative, something simple.

    3. Next week is Cycle 4, and I am not seeing much results. My diet is good but i still have big belly. I get around 120 g of protein daily, I watch my calories... Only thing that is not good si saturday when I go out and drink around 10 beers or 0.5 liter Jack with Cola or something like that( I eat pizza on thad day to or some other crap). But all the other day are fine.
    Is my progress to slow, my arms ( triceps) are little bigger but I after 3 Cycles I dont see to much improvements on my look. Should I transfer to another routine or this is normal? When can i expect some visible results? I never skipped workout, i eat good 6 of 7 days and i started to do 1 hour of cardio weekly.
    1) Either row or curl need to go up per cycle, to apply progressive overload volume to the bicep. A lot of times people just wont progress on accessories because its very uncommon to progress for long on single joint exercises. The only reason you would increase curls is if rows increased your over all work capacity.

    2) You need an accessory that is a pull with the opposite grip of your row. If you wanted something simple you could just reverse the grip of the row and do it pendlay style, 1 set to failure, on med/light days, using your normal row working weight. Else you could do kroc rows, or close grip chinups (even if they are just 10 negatives.)

    3) until you get to 13% you are not going to "see" much results. Lets say you are gods gift to lifting, that means 4lbs of muscle in 3 cycles. Spread all over your carcass under a 2" layer of fat, its going to be hard to see progress. Get a 16oz steak and slap it on your arm, that is what 1lb of arm gains looks like, it is huge and slow to get that much meat in a year even.


    And beginners always have lagging arms. Until the center gets strong and fills out, its not going to have the leverage to push the arms to the limit. And as you know you will not progress on curls/skull crushers unless you progress on bench/rows.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #3372
    Registered User DarkAvenger's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Age: 34
    Posts: 475
    Rep Power: 1209
    DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000) DarkAvenger is just really nice. (+1000)
    DarkAvenger is offline
    Just started my second cycle.
    Squat: 145
    Bench: 165
    Row: 165
    SLDL: 165
    Shoulder: 75
    Curl: 75

    Still getting use to being back into the gym. My squats are low as I'm trying to make sure my form is perfect before I worry about going up too much. Everything else feels fine with the exception of rows which I'm starting to doubt if i'll make it through the next cycle.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #3373
    Registered User Cytix's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Posts: 123
    Rep Power: 55
    Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cytix is offline
    AMAZING!
    i'm going back to the gym after years of being a desk jockey and not doing anything, i've been looking for a routine that i know is 100% 'proven', and the support on this one proves that it is.

    I do have a few questions about this:
    1. Line in OP saying "all 4 sets of" is referring only to the stuff that require warmup , right? So only 2 sets curls/calf? Isn't that a little low? Does that never increase even after 3-4 months?

    2. To "no longer be considered a beginner" do i have to physically squat x2 my body weight? Or can i use RM calculations?

    3. If i start with a weight that is lower then 80kg in any exercise , can i do the 1/4 and 1/2 warm-up with dumbbells (since bar is min 20)?

    4. there is a HUGE difference in how "Stiff legged DL" and "BB Bent over rows" look in the videos below, compared to ExRx. in ExRx the execution of the Bent Over requires that the spine will parallel to the ground, while the woman in the video below has a 45 degree angle to the floor. Similarly with the "Stiff Legged deadlift", in Exrx the person goes WAY lower and also slightly arches his back. - which should i do?

    5. Should i use a wide grip for the "bent over rows" and focus on traps? or close grip, to focus on Lats (i prefer as it seems that there is no lat-targeted exercise here)?

    6. is there any preferred calf raise? smith? BB? anything i don't know?

    7. Finally, doing some quick calculations, let's assume I'm starting the routine at 165lbs and can squat only 90lbs, for 12 reps, that makes my RM1 128LBS, that means that getting my RM1 330 (or even more, because i will gain some weight) will take 10 cycles, or 1 year - that sound like A LOT of time doing the same routine, is progress really that slow?
    Reply With Quote

  14. #3374
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Cytix View Post
    AMAZING!
    i'm going back to the gym after years of being a desk jockey and not doing anything, i've been looking for a routine that i know is 100% 'proven', and the support on this one proves that it is.

    I do have a few questions about this:
    1. Line in OP saying "all 4 sets of" is referring only to the stuff that require warmup , right? So only 2 sets curls/calf? Isn't that a little low? Does that never increase even after 3-4 months?

    2. To "no longer be considered a beginner" do i have to physically squat x2 my body weight? Or can i use RM calculations?

    3. If i start with a weight that is lower then 80kg in any exercise , can i do the 1/4 and 1/2 warm-up with dumbbells (since bar is min 20)?

    4. there is a HUGE difference in how "Stiff legged DL" and "BB Bent over rows" look in the videos below, compared to ExRx. in ExRx the execution of the Bent Over requires that the spine will parallel to the ground, while the woman in the video below has a 45 degree angle to the floor. Similarly with the "Stiff Legged deadlift", in Exrx the person goes WAY lower and also slightly arches his back. - which should i do?

    5. Should i use a wide grip for the "bent over rows" and focus on traps? or close grip, to focus on Lats (i prefer as it seems that there is no lat-targeted exercise here)?

    6. is there any preferred calf raise? smith? BB? anything i don't know?

    7. Finally, doing some quick calculations, let's assume I'm starting the routine at 165lbs and can squat only 90lbs, for 12 reps, that makes my RM1 128LBS, that means that getting my RM1 330 (or even more, because i will gain some weight) will take 10 cycles, or 1 year - that sound like A LOT of time doing the same routine, is progress really that slow?
    1) 2 working sets for all exercises, 2 warmup sets for the first 3 exercises

    2) the program is good for 10 reps of bw bench and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bw squats, with a bmi of 24, and 13% bf. That is achievable in 5-7 cycles.

    3) Warmups need to mimic the movement. You might be better off with just a body weight warmup with just a plastic pipe or broom handle for the first warmup, and just the bar for the 2nd warmup. You can make it easy on yourself and just do the same 10 rep warmup and the same weights all cycle. Just pick something for the 2nd set that is 66-75% of your light day and you should be good.

    4) SLDL is a normal deadlift starting posistion, you can bend the knees as much as you like as long as it doesnt cause hip drop, then just bend over with a straight back till your hamstrings go tight. You should not be flexing your back like the old school SLDL, and you should not be doing them with locked knees. The bent over row should be done at a 45-60 dergree angle. The parallel to the floor version is literally a reverse bench and doesnt put on as much meat.

    5) Row grip should be the same as the bench.

    6) calf raise anything goes, some dont even need them if they have big calfs already.

    7) If you can squat 330 in a year you are gods gift to lifting unless you are 6.3 and 250lbs. A 3 plate squat at the one year mark is considered a perfect score.

    Here are some more realistic numbers based on body weights of real records:
    http://muscleandbrawn.com/strong-str...tural-lifters/

    You start off as "strong" after 1 year of lifting, and go up a category every 12-18 months.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #3375
    Registered User 5penn's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Age: 49
    Posts: 94
    Rep Power: 18
    5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5penn is offline
    tomorrow is Cycle 5/Wk 5/D1

    for BO Rows I've been stuck on 105 lbs the last 3 cycles and the problem is that it's getting more difficult every cycle.

    C3 - C4 was only able to do 10 reps on test day

    I don' t think I'll pass it in 2 weeks, but who knows....

    should I or do I need to add an accessory for it?
    Reply With Quote

  16. #3376
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by 5penn View Post
    tomorrow is Cycle 5/Wk 5/D1

    for BO Rows I've been stuck on 105 lbs the last 3 cycles and the problem is that it's getting more difficult every cycle.

    C3 - C4 was only able to do 10 reps on test day

    I don' t think I'll pass it in 2 weeks, but who knows....

    should I or do I need to add an accessory for it?
    Lets mix it up a little this cycle

    Weeks 1-2 do 10 reps all heavy 3x a week
    weeks 3-4 do 11 reps all heavy 3x a week
    Test week run as normal

    Do weeks 1-4 rest pause style; 1 ten rep set, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, do this till you get in 10 or 11 rest pause reps.

    If you feel like crap after week 2, we will try something else.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #3377
    Registered User 5penn's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2016
    Age: 49
    Posts: 94
    Rep Power: 18
    5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 5penn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    5penn is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Lets mix it up a little this cycle

    Weeks 1-2 do 10 reps all heavy 3x a week
    weeks 3-4 do 11 reps all heavy 3x a week
    Test week run as normal

    Do weeks 1-4 rest pause style; 1 ten rep set, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, do this till you get in 10 or 11 rest pause reps.

    If you feel like crap after week 2, we will try something else.
    okidoke, and sorry, I meant to write WK4 currently.....but will do this style.

    thanks
    Reply With Quote

  18. #3378
    Registered User Sneakom's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sneakom is offline
    Many thanks to nightanole for taking the time to help us beginners. I got two questions If you don't mind

    1) I would like to know if it is possible to start the program with bench press instead of squat as I always feel like it is the one exercise I struggle with the most. I much rather be fresh going into it.

    Do I simply swap the order between bench and squat or is there a better schedule ?

    2) What happens if +10% turns to be too much to handle ? Do I keep repeating the previous weight for the next cycle, keep on struggling on the new weight and eventually adjust to it or go for lower increment (5%-7%)?

    Cheers
    Reply With Quote

  19. #3379
    Registered User Tklein3826's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2017
    Age: 31
    Posts: 21
    Rep Power: 0
    Tklein3826 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tklein3826 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Tklein3826 is offline
    I'm halfway thru my 2nd cycle using only Dumbbells. I don't see myself getting a chance to use anything other than Dumbbells for the foreseeable future. Realistically, how many cycles can I complete with just Dumbbells? Some posts I've read, it seems I'm wasting my time with Dumbbells?
    Reply With Quote

  20. #3380
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Sneakom View Post
    Many thanks to nightanole for taking the time to help us beginners. I got two questions If you don't mind

    1) I would like to know if it is possible to start the program with bench press instead of squat as I always feel like it is the one exercise I struggle with the most. I much rather be fresh going into it.

    Do I simply swap the order between bench and squat or is there a better schedule ?

    2) What happens if +10% turns to be too much to handle ? Do I keep repeating the previous weight for the next cycle, keep on struggling on the new weight and eventually adjust to it or go for lower increment (5%-7%)?

    Cheers
    1) the first 3 exercises (bench/row/squat) need to be done first, in no particular order, followed by the last 4, and then any accessories. Its original order is so you can get in and out of the gym fast because you dont have to rest between exercises.

    2) if you can do 2 sets of 12, you can do 2 sets of 9 with 110% weight. Next cycle we start you off at 2 sets of 8 at 110%, so its even easier than test day. If you think your test day was false, you can test out 1-2 exercises on light day of test week, 1 set of 10 with the new weight, if you fail then repeat with the same old weight.

    Originally Posted by Tklein3826 View Post
    I'm halfway thru my 2nd cycle using only Dumbbells. I don't see myself getting a chance to use anything other than Dumbbells for the foreseeable future. Realistically, how many cycles can I complete with just Dumbbells? Some posts I've read, it seems I'm wasting my time with Dumbbells?
    Dumbells work till you can do 2 sets of 12 with 30 seconds of rest or less. After that the dumb bell weight will be too light. After that happens you can continue with dumb bells for hypertrophy, but its just 3 AMRAP sets to failure, and by that time you would not need heavy/medium/light.
    Reply With Quote

  21. #3381
    Registered User Sneakom's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sneakom is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    1) the first 3 exercises (bench/row/squat) need to be done first, in no particular order, followed by the last 4, and then any accessories. Its original order is so you can get in and out of the gym fast because you dont have to rest between exercises.

    2) if you can do 2 sets of 12, you can do 2 sets of 9 with 110% weight. Next cycle we start you off at 2 sets of 8 at 110%, so its even easier than test day. If you think your test day was false, you can test out 1-2 exercises on light day of test week, 1 set of 10 with the new weight, if you fail then repeat with the same old weight.



    Dumbells work till you can do 2 sets of 12 with 30 seconds of rest or less. After that the dumb bell weight will be too light. After that happens you can continue with dumb bells for hypertrophy, but its just 3 AMRAP sets to failure, and by that time you would not need heavy/medium/light.
    Got it cheers!
    Reply With Quote

  22. #3382
    Registered User Cytix's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Posts: 123
    Rep Power: 55
    Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cytix is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    1) 2 working sets for all exercises, 2 warmup sets for the first 3 exercises

    2) the program is good for 10 reps of bw bench and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bw squats, with a bmi of 24, and 13% bf. That is achievable in 5-7 cycles.

    3) Warmups need to mimic the movement. You might be better off with just a body weight warmup with just a plastic pipe or broom handle for the first warmup, and just the bar for the 2nd warmup. You can make it easy on yourself and just do the same 10 rep warmup and the same weights all cycle. Just pick something for the 2nd set that is 66-75% of your light day and you should be good.

    4) SLDL is a normal deadlift starting posistion, you can bend the knees as much as you like as long as it doesnt cause hip drop, then just bend over with a straight back till your hamstrings go tight. You should not be flexing your back like the old school SLDL, and you should not be doing them with locked knees. The bent over row should be done at a 45-60 dergree angle. The parallel to the floor version is literally a reverse bench and doesnt put on as much meat.

    5) Row grip should be the same as the bench.

    6) calf raise anything goes, some dont even need them if they have big calfs already.

    7) If you can squat 330 in a year you are gods gift to lifting unless you are 6.3 and 250lbs. A 3 plate squat at the one year mark is considered a perfect score.

    Here are some more realistic numbers based on body weights of real records:
    http://muscleandbrawn.com/strong-str...tural-lifters/

    You start off as "strong" after 1 year of lifting, and go up a category every 12-18 months.

    First let me say thank you, for taking the time to answer.

    I think i understood everything except 4 and 5
    4. Sadly, im uninformed and do not understand what "hip drop" means, and how can i not flex my back, i was sure it is trained statically.

    5. As i haven't trained in years, im not sure if That would mean the wide grip (traps) it cost grip (lats)

    Again, thank you!
    And sorry for the newbie questions
    Reply With Quote

  23. #3383
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Cytix View Post
    First let me say thank you, for taking the time to answer.

    I think i understood everything except 4 and 5
    4. Sadly, im uninformed and do not understand what "hip drop" means, and how can i not flex my back, i was sure it is trained statically.

    5. As i haven't trained in years, im not sure if That would mean the wide grip (traps) it cost grip (lats)

    Again, thank you!
    And sorry for the newbie questions
    4) hip drop, you can flex your knees 5-10 degrees till your hip socket starts getting closer to the floor. As for the back flex, you never flex your back in any allpro movement, all movements are done with a neutral spine. The SLDL does not hit the ground between reps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yW0-8EtD0k&gl=CA

    5) The bent over row on the program is meant to put meat on you, its not a programmed in accessory to work your traps more or your lats more. Just use the grip you would use on the bench, or a little narrower. If you are dumb and always bench wide, well enjoy those few years of benching glory.

    If you want any other advice, use the grip that creates the biggest ROM, it will promote the most hypertrophy. The only thing going wide does is limit ROM and put greater stress on the joints and connecting tissue. Pinkies on the 32" rings at worse, you train index fingers on the rings(widest legal grip) for a long period an you will be punching your ticket to snap city, but hey you will be able to move 10-15% more weight
    Reply With Quote

  24. #3384
    Registered User Cytix's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2013
    Posts: 123
    Rep Power: 55
    Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cytix is offline
    Man, i love you - thanks to you i will have my glory days back.

    I think i understand, so never let back arch, and keep knees sightly bent makes me train hamsring and gluts while working on my back isometrically - something that happens less (or not at all) in a normal DL since the legs/knees are locked at the end of the lift.

    And having maximum ROM is a good rule of thumb, one that i kept ib mind last time i trained too.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #3385
    Registered User DandyLion1's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2017
    Age: 25
    Posts: 45
    Rep Power: 0
    DandyLion1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    DandyLion1 is offline
    I passed my last heavy day (end of cycle 3) (all bar OHP) but missed the subsequent medium and light days, what's the best thing to do now? Today is when I would usually have my next heavy.
    Reply With Quote

  26. #3386
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by DandyLion1 View Post
    I passed my last heavy day (end of cycle 3) (all bar OHP) but missed the subsequent medium and light days, what's the best thing to do now? Today is when I would usually have my next heavy.
    You just continue as normal, bump 10% or more and start over at 8 reps. I will warn you that missing session on weeks 4 and 5 is a very bad idea since those are the overreach weeks. Even if you get in 2 sessions of heavies it would still work.
    Reply With Quote

  27. #3387
    Registered User Sneakom's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Age: 27
    Posts: 15
    Rep Power: 0
    Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sneakom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sneakom is offline
    I could be wrong, but wasn't there an excel sheet shared around here that automatically calculates your weights for each workout. Would love to see it
    Reply With Quote

  28. #3388
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 38
    Posts: 6,277
    Rep Power: 7638
    nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000) nightanole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Sneakom View Post
    I could be wrong, but wasn't there an excel sheet shared around here that automatically calculates your weights for each workout. Would love to see it
    yup within the last 10 pages. if not if you just google allpro excel there are several listed.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Y18/edit#gid=2
    Reply With Quote

  29. #3389
    Registered User JeanRoqua's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2017
    Age: 26
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    JeanRoqua is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    JeanRoqua is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    On a "max fat loss" cut, the name of the game is just to complete 10 rep week without missed reps. As long as you are doing that you will be at least maintaining all your muscle and not dropping the nutrition so much that you cant perform, which will cause muscle loss over time. You might still be increasing your strength 2.5-3.33% each cycle, but you will only be passing every 3-4 cycles.

    From my experience 50lbs of fat will take 9-12 months to cut off. 50lbs of fat is 175,000 cals. 6 months that is a deficit of 960 cals per day. 1 year is a more manageable 480 cals. This is why i laugh when my 350-400lb friends says they lost 25lbs "of fat" in 2 months. So either they just stopped eating entirely, or swam 8-12 hours a day... It was water weight yo from dropping carbs....
    Interesting post. I want to lose around 12-15 lbs of fat. My calorie intake is around 2500-2800. I calculate to drop the calories by 500 in order to have max fat loss in one month. Is that too extreme ?
    Also about the workout. If i complete the 10 rep week, i continue to 11 and 12 and if i fail i reset the weight? Or do i add 2.5% and start over again until i complete 10 reps?

    Also some quick questions:

    Is it ok to change the order of the first 3 exercises? For example 1st Bench press, 2nd Squats, 3rd BORs?
    What am i supposed to do if i have to wait 10-20 mins between exercises due to the rack being taken by someone else?
    Is it ok to add at the end of the workout close grip chinups or should i replace with this the barbell curls?
    Reply With Quote

  30. #3390
    Registered User Sh724's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2015
    Location: Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Posts: 2,651
    Rep Power: 22462
    Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sh724 is offline
    Originally Posted by JeanRoqua View Post
    Interesting post. I want to lose around 12-15 lbs of fat. My calorie intake is around 2500-2800. I calculate to drop the calories by 500 in order to have max fat loss in one month. Is that too extreme ?
    Also about the workout. If i complete the 10 rep week, i continue to 11 and 12 and if i fail i reset the weight? Or do i add 2.5% and start over again until i complete 10 reps?

    Also some quick questions:

    Is it ok to change the order of the first 3 exercises? For example 1st Bench press, 2nd Squats, 3rd BORs?
    What am i supposed to do if i have to wait 10-20 mins between exercises due to the rack being taken by someone else?
    Is it ok to add at the end of the workout close grip chinups or should i replace with this the barbell curls?
    Yes you can rearange just keep the first 3 as the first 3

    Well that sucks, just wait patiently although 20 mins is a long time to be waiting. If someone is using the rack for that long ask to rotate between sets.

    The routine calls for curls, if you want to add chinups go for it, no reason you cannot do both.
    Dymatize PWO log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=174269391

    Blues Hockey is life! I live for pain and disappointment.
    Freemason crew

    instagram.com/sph724
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts