Closed Thread
Page 113 of 290 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,390 of 8698
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 5penn View Post
    tomorrow is Cycle 5/Wk 5/D1

for BO Rows I've been stuck on 105 lbs the last 3 cycles and the problem is that it's getting more difficult every cycle.

C3 - C4 was only able to do 10 reps on test day

I don' t think I'll pass it in 2 weeks, but who knows....

should I or do I need to add an accessory for it?
    Lets mix it up a little this cycle

Weeks 1-2 do 10 reps all heavy 3x a week
    weeks 3-4 do 11 reps all heavy 3x a week
    Test week run as normal

Do weeks 1-4 rest pause style; 1 ten rep set, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, do this till you get in 10 or 11 rest pause reps.

If you feel like crap after week 2, we will try something else.

5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50) 5penn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Lets mix it up a little this cycle

Weeks 1-2 do 10 reps all heavy 3x a week
    weeks 3-4 do 11 reps all heavy 3x a week
    Test week run as normal

Do weeks 1-4 rest pause style; 1 ten rep set, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, 2-5 breaths, do a rep, do this till you get in 10 or 11 rest pause reps.

If you feel like crap after week 2, we will try something else.
    okidoke, and sorry, I meant to write WK4 currently.....but will do this style.

thanks

Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Many thanks to nightanole for taking the time to help us beginners. I got two questions If you don't mind

1) I would like to know if it is possible to start the program with bench press instead of squat as I always feel like it is the one exercise I struggle with the most. I much rather be fresh going into it.

Do I simply swap the order between bench and squat or is there a better schedule ?

2) What happens if +10% turns to be too much to handle ? Do I keep repeating the previous weight for the next cycle, keep on struggling on the new weight and eventually adjust to it or go for lower increment (5%-7%)?

Cheers

Tklein3826 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tklein3826 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm halfway thru my 2nd cycle using only Dumbbells. I don't see myself getting a chance to use anything other than Dumbbells for the foreseeable future. Realistically, how many cycles can I complete with just Dumbbells? Some posts I've read, it seems I'm wasting my time with Dumbbells?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Sneakom View Post
    Many thanks to nightanole for taking the time to help us beginners. I got two questions If you don't mind

1) I would like to know if it is possible to start the program with bench press instead of squat as I always feel like it is the one exercise I struggle with the most. I much rather be fresh going into it.

Do I simply swap the order between bench and squat or is there a better schedule ?

2) What happens if +10% turns to be too much to handle ? Do I keep repeating the previous weight for the next cycle, keep on struggling on the new weight and eventually adjust to it or go for lower increment (5%-7%)?

Cheers
    1) the first 3 exercises (bench/row/squat) need to be done first, in no particular order, followed by the last 4, and then any accessories. Its original order is so you can get in and out of the gym fast because you dont have to rest between exercises.

2) if you can do 2 sets of 12, you can do 2 sets of 9 with 110% weight. Next cycle we start you off at 2 sets of 8 at 110%, so its even easier than test day. If you think your test day was false, you can test out 1-2 exercises on light day of test week, 1 set of 10 with the new weight, if you fail then repeat with the same old weight.

Originally Posted by Tklein3826 View Post
    I'm halfway thru my 2nd cycle using only Dumbbells. I don't see myself getting a chance to use anything other than Dumbbells for the foreseeable future. Realistically, how many cycles can I complete with just Dumbbells? Some posts I've read, it seems I'm wasting my time with Dumbbells?
    Dumbells work till you can do 2 sets of 12 with 30 seconds of rest or less. After that the dumb bell weight will be too light. After that happens you can continue with dumb bells for hypertrophy, but its just 3 AMRAP sets to failure, and by that time you would not need heavy/medium/light.

Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sneakom has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    1) the first 3 exercises (bench/row/squat) need to be done first, in no particular order, followed by the last 4, and then any accessories. Its original order is so you can get in and out of the gym fast because you dont have to rest between exercises.

2) if you can do 2 sets of 12, you can do 2 sets of 9 with 110% weight. Next cycle we start you off at 2 sets of 8 at 110%, so its even easier than test day. If you think your test day was false, you can test out 1-2 exercises on light day of test week, 1 set of 10 with the new weight, if you fail then repeat with the same old weight.

Dumbells work till you can do 2 sets of 12 with 30 seconds of rest or less. After that the dumb bell weight will be too light. After that happens you can continue with dumb bells for hypertrophy, but its just 3 AMRAP sets to failure, and by that time you would not need heavy/medium/light.
    Got it cheers!

Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1) 2 working sets for all exercises, 2 warmup sets for the first 3 exercises

2) the program is good for 10 reps of bw bench and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bw squats, with a bmi of 24, and 13% bf. That is achievable in 5-7 cycles.

3) Warmups need to mimic the movement. You might be better off with just a body weight warmup with just a plastic pipe or broom handle for the first warmup, and just the bar for the 2nd warmup. You can make it easy on yourself and just do the same 10 rep warmup and the same weights all cycle. Just pick something for the 2nd set that is 66-75% of your light day and you should be good.

4) SLDL is a normal deadlift starting posistion, you can bend the knees as much as you like as long as it doesnt cause hip drop, then just bend over with a straight back till your hamstrings go tight. You should not be flexing your back like the old school SLDL, and you should not be doing them with locked knees. The bent over row should be done at a 45-60 dergree angle. The parallel to the floor version is literally a reverse bench and doesnt put on as much meat.

5) Row grip should be the same as the bench.

6) calf raise anything goes, some dont even need them if they have big calfs already.

7) If you can squat 330 in a year you are gods gift to lifting unless you are 6.3 and 250lbs. A 3 plate squat at the one year mark is considered a perfect score.

Here are some more realistic numbers based on body weights of real records:
    http://muscleandbrawn.com/strong-str...tural-lifters/

You start off as "strong" after 1 year of lifting, and go up a category every 12-18 months.

First let me say thank you, for taking the time to answer.

I think i understood everything except 4 and 5
    4. Sadly, im uninformed and do not understand what "hip drop" means, and how can i not flex my back, i was sure it is trained statically.

5. As i haven't trained in years, im not sure if That would mean the wide grip (traps) it cost grip (lats)

Again, thank you!
    And sorry for the newbie questions

Originally Posted by Cytix View Post
    First let me say thank you, for taking the time to answer.

I think i understood everything except 4 and 5
    4. Sadly, im uninformed and do not understand what "hip drop" means, and how can i not flex my back, i was sure it is trained statically.

5. As i haven't trained in years, im not sure if That would mean the wide grip (traps) it cost grip (lats)

Again, thank you!
    And sorry for the newbie questions
    4) hip drop, you can flex your knees 5-10 degrees till your hip socket starts getting closer to the floor. As for the back flex, you never flex your back in any allpro movement, all movements are done with a neutral spine. The SLDL does not hit the ground between reps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yW0-8EtD0k&gl=CA

5) The bent over row on the program is meant to put meat on you, its not a programmed in accessory to work your traps more or your lats more. Just use the grip you would use on the bench, or a little narrower. If you are dumb and always bench wide, well enjoy those few years of benching glory.

If you want any other advice, use the grip that creates the biggest ROM, it will promote the most hypertrophy. The only thing going wide does is limit ROM and put greater stress on the joints and connecting tissue. Pinkies on the 32" rings at worse, you train index fingers on the rings(widest legal grip) for a long period an you will be punching your ticket to snap city, but hey you will be able to move 10-15% more weight

Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cytix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man, i love you - thanks to you i will have my glory days back.

I think i understand, so never let back arch, and keep knees sightly bent makes me train hamsring and gluts while working on my back isometrically - something that happens less (or not at all) in a normal DL since the legs/knees are locked at the end of the lift.

And having maximum ROM is a good rule of thumb, one that i kept ib mind last time i trained too.

DandyLion1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I passed my last heavy day (end of cycle 3) (all bar OHP) but missed the subsequent medium and light days, what's the best thing to do now? Today is when I would usually have my next heavy.

Originally Posted by DandyLion1 View Post
    I passed my last heavy day (end of cycle 3) (all bar OHP) but missed the subsequent medium and light days, what's the best thing to do now? Today is when I would usually have my next heavy.
    You just continue as normal, bump 10% or more and start over at 8 reps. I will warn you that missing session on weeks 4 and 5 is a very bad idea since those are the overreach weeks. Even if you get in 2 sessions of heavies it would still work.

I could be wrong, but wasn't there an excel sheet shared around here that automatically calculates your weights for each workout. Would love to see it

Originally Posted by Sneakom View Post
    I could be wrong, but wasn't there an excel sheet shared around here that automatically calculates your weights for each workout. Would love to see it
    yup within the last 10 pages. if not if you just google allpro excel there are several listed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...Y18/edit#gid=2

JeanRoqua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On a "max fat loss" cut, the name of the game is just to complete 10 rep week without missed reps. As long as you are doing that you will be at least maintaining all your muscle and not dropping the nutrition so much that you cant perform, which will cause muscle loss over time. You might still be increasing your strength 2.5-3.33% each cycle, but you will only be passing every 3-4 cycles.

From my experience 50lbs of fat will take 9-12 months to cut off. 50lbs of fat is 175,000 cals. 6 months that is a deficit of 960 cals per day. 1 year is a more manageable 480 cals. This is why i laugh when my 350-400lb friends says they lost 25lbs "of fat" in 2 months. So either they just stopped eating entirely, or swam 8-12 hours a day... It was water weight yo from dropping carbs....
    Interesting post. I want to lose around 12-15 lbs of fat. My calorie intake is around 2500-2800. I calculate to drop the calories by 500 in order to have max fat loss in one month. Is that too extreme ?
    Also about the workout. If i complete the 10 rep week, i continue to 11 and 12 and if i fail i reset the weight? Or do i add 2.5% and start over again until i complete 10 reps?

Also some quick questions:

Is it ok to change the order of the first 3 exercises? For example 1st Bench press, 2nd Squats, 3rd BORs?
    What am i supposed to do if i have to wait 10-20 mins between exercises due to the rack being taken by someone else?
    Is it ok to add at the end of the workout close grip chinups or should i replace with this the barbell curls?

Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Sh724 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JeanRoqua View Post
    Interesting post. I want to lose around 12-15 lbs of fat. My calorie intake is around 2500-2800. I calculate to drop the calories by 500 in order to have max fat loss in one month. Is that too extreme ?
    Also about the workout. If i complete the 10 rep week, i continue to 11 and 12 and if i fail i reset the weight? Or do i add 2.5% and start over again until i complete 10 reps?

Also some quick questions:

Is it ok to change the order of the first 3 exercises? For example 1st Bench press, 2nd Squats, 3rd BORs?
    What am i supposed to do if i have to wait 10-20 mins between exercises due to the rack being taken by someone else?
    Is it ok to add at the end of the workout close grip chinups or should i replace with this the barbell curls?
    Yes you can rearange just keep the first 3 as the first 3

Well that sucks, just wait patiently although 20 mins is a long time to be waiting. If someone is using the rack for that long ask to rotate between sets.

The routine calls for curls, if you want to add chinups go for it, no reason you cannot do both.
    Blues Hockey is life! I live for pain and disappointment.
    Freemason crew

instagram.com/sph724

Registered User blackfieldgates's Avatar
    blackfieldgates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Those are the 2 most popular forms. I use jason's false grip due to previous wrist injuries, but mark's form would give better tension buildup at the bottom.

If you feel you had a false positive on 1 or 2 lifts, perform a single set of 10 on light day with the new weight. If you fail, it was a false positive.
    This is great- thank you. Don't suppose you also have a good video for zercher squats and the floor press? I've been doing them without issue but with the floor press especially I notice a great deal of differing styles.

Originally Posted by Josh1billion View Post
    I'm late in responding here but thanks for the info as always. I don't have equipment for all of these but I'll definitely try the hanging leg raises.

~

Finished cycle 2 last night.

Cycle 3 will have me benching 155 lb, which is low to most people on BB, but to me it's finally in "no longer embarrassingly low" range. In high school, I lifted for months and struggled to ever get 135 lb for a single rep (seriously), so I'm happy with the rate of progress here. Back then, I had a terrible diet, terrible sleep schedule, and a worse routine.

Since I'm still in the beginner gains period, I wonder if I can still continue to progress in strength+size on a cut, or should I just keep bulking? I'm somewhere in the 12-15% range right now after about two months of very slow bulking, so I'd be aiming to get down to 8-10% over ~10 weeks of cutting. My motivations for considering the switch are 1. summer aesthetics and 2. having heard that bulking goes better when you get your BF% low.

If I'm going to lose muscle on a cut, maybe it's not worth it at this point, but I've heard beginners can actually build mass on a cut... is that right? I'm about 179 lb at 6'2" and ~12-15% BF, with about three months of consistent training. FFMI somewhere in the range of 20-21. Long-term goal, over the next couple of years, is about 190 lb and 8% BF (FFMI of about 23).
    Beginners can gain strength on a cut when going below 13% bf, and beginners can gain mass on a cut when cutting to 13%. Nobody is gaining mass cuttin below 13%.

Cutting below 13% takes talent and commitment. Im talking zero drinking, making 100% of your food, and weighting all ingredients (not measuring) and portions. On top of that, cutting to 13% you might be losing 1lbs of muscle per 3lbs of fat, at worst(and in most cases little to none if you plan it right). But when cutting below 13% it might be 1:1 for fat to muscle loss once you get to 11%. To get ab veins might cost 5lbs of muscle to shred off that last 5lbs of fat. With a shirt on you are going to look small/weak vs the guy that is 13% and 15-20lbs heavier.

Originally Posted by blackfieldgates View Post
    This is great- thank you. Don't suppose you also have a good video for zercher squats and the floor press? I've been doing them without issue but with the floor press especially I notice a great deal of differing styles.
    for the zercher:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da75bVCfTNo&gl=CA
    2 things he doesnt mention, keeping elbows behind the bar (at least at the bottom of the movement) and resting the bar on both arm bones. If you put the bar in your elbow pocket, its going to act like a crow bar on your elbow joint. If you dont learn to rest the bar on both are bones, its going to hurt like hell because its going to be well over 100lbs resting on just skin and a bone. When you rest on both arm bones, its going to halve the pressure, and you will have some forearm meat as a cushion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGH3BeRRLDE&gl=CA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzJNRGu24f0&gl=CA

2 keys. 1 Elbows hit the floor every rep, do you not have to pause when the elbows hit, as soon as they touch just pop back up. 2 do these with straight legs since this will be your primary exercise and not a bench accessory. This will make the floor press 100% upper body vs a normal bench that can have leg drive. This combined with the dead stop kinda makes up for the slight reduction in range of motion. You will notice with some of the benchers, the bar almost touches the chest

Originally Posted by Josh1billion View Post
    Hmm, those are really good points. I'll continue bulking for now. Maybe switching to a cut when my waist hits 33" or 34" (now a bit under 32").
    Personally i bulk 2lbs a month all year round. Once i do not have a relaxed upper 2 pack, i know its going to take 6-8 weeks to cut down to a relaxed center line for a 2 week vacation etc. Thats going to take a 6-8lb cut.

Registered User blackfieldgates's Avatar
    blackfieldgates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    for the zercher:

2 things he doesnt mention, keeping elbows behind the bar (at least at the bottom of the movement) and resting the bar on both arm bones. If you put the bar in your elbow pocket, its going to act like a crow bar on your elbow joint. If you dont learn to rest the bar on both are bones, its going to hurt like hell because its going to be well over 100lbs resting on just skin and a bone. When you rest on both arm bones, its going to halve the pressure, and you will have some forearm meat as a cushion.

2 keys. 1 Elbows hit the floor every rep, do you not have to pause when the elbows hit, as soon as they touch just pop back up. 2 do these with straight legs since this will be your primary exercise and not a bench accessory. This will make the floor press 100% upper body vs a normal bench that can have leg drive. This combined with the dead stop kinda makes up for the slight reduction in range of motion. You will notice with some of the benchers, the bar almost touches the chest
    Terrific thanks a lot. I'll keep the zercher lower down then on my chest, as before I was keeping it higher in accordance to another video. I haven't had any problems yet with my elbows and I usually wear a long sleeve shirt during the exercise it never causes me trouble, but then again I am currently only squatting 24lbs (24lbs across the board actually, except the floor press- which is 52lbs and the barbell curl 33lbs) so perhaps when things get heavier I'll have to keep this more actively in mind.

That said, I am surprised by the Athlean-X guy whose arms are pretty wide out (think he even mentions keeping the elbows at a 90 degree angle)- isn't that bad for the shoulders? Or does that rule only apply to the bench press and a reduced range of motion allows the floor press to be wider apart?

Originally Posted by blackfieldgates View Post
    Terrific thanks a lot. I'll keep the zercher lower down then on my chest, as before I was keeping it higher in accordance to another video. I haven't had any problems yet with my elbows and I usually wear a long sleeve shirt during the exercise it never causes me trouble, but then again I am currently only squatting 24lbs (24lbs across the board actually, except the floor press- which is 52lbs and the barbell curl 33lbs) so perhaps when things get heavier I'll have to keep this more actively in mind.

That said, I am surprised by the Athlean-X guy whose arms are pretty wide out (think he even mentions keeping the elbows at a 90 degree angle)- isn't that bad for the shoulders? Or does that rule only apply to the bench press and a reduced range of motion allows the floor press to be wider apart?
    You miss read him. Eblows need to be kept at 90 degrees to the bar. He is saying keep elbows under wrists at the bottom of the movement. You can use a narrow or wide grip(i go narrow as comfortable), but you must always keep elbows directly under the bar at all times, and the forearms need to be perpendicular to the bar at the bottom of the movement. Else when you start pushing up, you are not going to be pushing straight up into your wrists, you will be pushing at an angle.

DandyLion1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Sorry this is more of a nutrition question but I know I'll get a good answer here if that's okay.
    I'm going to try and start working out early morning, around 5.30 am. What's the minimum I need to eat before this to have a decent workout doing this program? I usually have quite an early dinner, 6pm ish and then a protein/banana smoothie around 9pm. (I'm eating around 2100 cals/day atm)

Originally Posted by DandyLion1 View Post
    Sorry this is more of a nutrition question but I know I'll get a good answer here if that's okay.
    I'm going to try and start working out early morning, around 5.30 am. What's the minimum I need to eat before this to have a decent workout doing this program? I usually have quite an early dinner, 6pm ish and then a protein/banana smoothie around 9pm. (I'm eating around 2100 cals/day atm)
    75-100g of carbs 8-12 hours before the workout. Thats about it. You are not running off of blood glucose during the workout so breakfast isnt going to help. Having your muscle glycogen stores full for the workout will, and them suckers take time to fill.

So if you can get that banana smoothie with 300-400 calories of carbs you should be good. 100g of oats is about 400 cals, 70g of carbs, and 15g of protein depending on the brand.

https://www.fatsecret.com/calories-n...amount=100.000

Other than that, if you wake up with a banana or apple in your mouth, then sip on a diluted protein shake (one scoop per 12-16 oz) during the workout, it can help for people who can not perform in a fasted state. Just dont eat a big meal or something with a lot of fat in it.

First of all thx to Sh724 for the answer.

Guys I don't know if anyone of you had ever my problem but I don't think I'm the only one. Here it goes:

When I finish curling the EZ bar (and the straight bar) and I put the bar down i feel an intense pain in the middle of my forearm. I kinda feel it when I m curling too but not that much. It's like the pain is coming from the bone but I know it must be the tendon.

On the contrary i don't feel this pain when I'm curling dumbbells.
    Also I don't feel it on everyday activities but only when i push that area with my finger

Is that something that needs to be examined by a professional ?
    Should I replace the barbell curls with dumbbells?
    Last edited by JeanRoqua; 03-31-2017 at 06:07 AM.

First of all thx to Sh724 for the answer.

Guys I don't know if anyone of you had ever my problem but I don't think I'm the only one. Here it goes:

When I finish curling the EZ bar (and the straight bar) and I put the bar down i feel an intense pain in the middle of my forearm. I kinda feel it when I m curling too but not that much. It's like the pain is coming from the bone but I know it must be the tendon.

On the contrary i don't feel this pain when I'm curling dumbbells.
    Also I don't feel it on everyday activities but only when i push that area with my finger

Is that something that needs to be examined by a professional ?
    Should I replace the barbell curls with dumbbells?
    2-3 options.

First the ez bar is not recomended since it deloads the bicep and loads the forearm. And guess what is agitated?
    Second, some people curl the bar up with the wrist, either the wrist is flexed at the start of the movement, or it becomes flexed as the bar gets closer to the chest. This again deloads the bicep and loads the forearm. In severe cases for those that refuse to keep a straight wrist in the row/curl, i make them row/curl with the wrist locked back instead of straight. If the lifter still refuses my commands, i have to switch them to a vertical pull to remove the wrist from the equation.
    Third, in some cases where the lifter gets bicep tendonitus real easy, i have them do incline DB supination curls.

2-3 options.

First the ez bar is not recomended since it deloads the bicep and loads the forearm. And guess what is agitated?
    Second, some people curl the bar up with the wrist, either the wrist is flexed at the start of the movement, or it becomes flexed as the bar gets closer to the chest. This again deloads the bicep and loads the forearm. In severe cases for those that refuse to keep a straight wrist in the row/curl, i make them row/curl with the wrist locked back instead of straight. If the lifter still refuses my commands, i have to switch them to a vertical pull to remove the wrist from the equation.
    Third, in some cases where the lifter gets bicep tendonitus real easy, i have them do incline DB supination curls.
    I see, then my mistake is that i do not lock the wrist. I will ditch the EZ bar and i will try the next time to keep it straight as much as possible. Until then should I stop curling for 2-3 weeks? Should i curl dumbbells for a period of time? Or is it ok to do barbbell curls again the next workout?

I see, then my mistake is that i do not lock the wrist. I will ditch the EZ bar and i will try the next time to keep it straight as much as possible. Until then should I stop curling for 2-3 weeks? Should i curl dumbbells for a period of time? Or is it ok to do barbbell curls again the next workout?
    I would skip curls on light/medium days this cycle. This will give the connecting tissue more time to heal up.

Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's talk of switching around the work schedule at my job, basically going from mon-fri with the occasional weekend (no problem) to a 7 day on - 2 days off schedule. Schedule would rotate as follows:

Shift one: Monday to sunday afternoon shift, then monday and tuesday off;
    Shift two: Wednesday to tuesday morning shift, then wednesday and thursday off;
    Shift three: Friday to thursday night shift, then weekend off

Is there any way to modify the schedule of all-pro somewhat effectively to incorporate workouts in those 7 working days, and really having those 2 free days off? On shift three circadian rythm breaks and until day 3 I feel like ****, and by the time I get adjusted to nightshifts, I get a weekend to sleep in and then it takes almost a week to get used to sleeping at night again, not ideal for recovery and overall health, but the only alternative is to quit the job, which I kinda need. The 2 off days would also mean some getaway time with my GF, not really being near my equipment too.

Any reasonable way to modify or not at all without ruining the point of the program completely?

Originally Posted by Tpx1 View Post
    There's talk of switching around the work schedule at my job, basically going from mon-fri with the occasional weekend (no problem) to a 7 day on - 2 days off schedule. Schedule would rotate as follows:

Shift one: Monday to sunday afternoon shift, then monday and tuesday off;
    Shift two: Wednesday to tuesday morning shift, then wednesday and thursday off;
    Shift three: Friday to thursday night shift, then weekend off

Is there any way to modify the schedule of all-pro somewhat effectively to incorporate workouts in those 7 working days, and really having those 2 free days off? On shift three circadian rythm breaks and until day 3 I feel like ****, and by the time I get adjusted to nightshifts, I get a weekend to sleep in and then it takes almost a week to get used to sleeping at night again, not ideal for recovery and overall health, but the only alternative is to quit the job, which I kinda need. The 2 off days would also mean some getaway time with my GF, not really being near my equipment too.

Any reasonable way to modify or not at all without ruining the point of the program completely?
    2 choices, run the auto regulated version (sorry dont have the link infront of me) which are all heavies, and you can pick up where you left off.

Your other choice, if you can get in 1 heavy a week, is to run 1-2 days doing rest pause varaints of the first 3 exercises, and zero accessories.

Rest pause variant:
    10 reps using your heavy day working weight
    rest 2-5 breaths
    rep out another rep
    rest 2-5 breaths
    rep out another rep
    repeat till 10 reps

20 reps total.
    You would do this for bench/row/squat, never adding reps during the cycle. This is just the volume/fatigue work, the main heavy is pushing progression. This will give you max recovery and the same amount of growth. The down sides are normally loss of conditioning/strength, but those are for people who are switching from 3x3 or 5x5 programs, allpro is based around 10 reps, so it shouldnt affect you too much.

Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Tpx1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 choices, run the auto regulated version (sorry dont have the link infront of me) which are all heavies, and you can pick up where you left off.

Your other choice, if you can get in 1 heavy a week, is to run 1-2 days doing rest pause varaints of the first 3 exercises, and zero accessories.

Rest pause variant:
    10 reps using your heavy day working weight
    rest 2-5 breaths
    rep out another rep
    rest 2-5 breaths
    rep out another rep
    repeat till 10 reps

20 reps total.
    You would do this for bench/row/squat, never adding reps during the cycle. This is just the volume/fatigue work, the main heavy is pushing progression. This will give you max recovery and the same amount of growth. The down sides are normally loss of conditioning/strength, but those are for people who are switching from 3x3 or 5x5 programs, allpro is based around 10 reps, so it shouldnt affect you too much.
    Auto regulated is all heavy amrap until 2x12 is achieved, then bump 10%, right? Basically do whenever with 72hrs pause?

Got my cycle1 test on monday, can finish the week normally. I'll stick to normal version for as long as I can, not sure when to properly schedule deloads.. to be honest day after heavy day is rough, medium day is really tough even with 10% less weight, and the recovery from day after medium to after light day comes in like a blessing. Last year I was pushing myself to the max every lifting session and it burned me out after two months.. don't wanna repeat it again.

Closed Thread
Page 113 of 290 FirstFirst ... 13 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 213 ... LastLast