Trying2serve is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My workout program--gaining fat but not muscle

Hey guys, new here so this may be the wrong forum to post this. Here is my workout/diet. I'm an 18 y/o guy, 5'10"/207 lbs. I seem to be putting on fat but not muscle, my guess would be that my diet isn't good. I do this workout 3 times a week.

Warm-up: .25 mile run

Legs:
    Squats 3 sets of 5 (300 lbs.)
    Lunges 3 sets of 5 each leg (120 lbs.)
    Leg Curls 3 sets of 10 each leg (60 lbs.)
    50 slow calf raises (bodyweight)
    Chest/tri’s:
    Bench Press 3 sets of 7 (240 lbs.)
    Pushups 3 sets of 10 (bodyweight)
    Dips 3 sets of 7 (bodyweight)
    Lats/biceps:
    Midrow (or lat pulldown) 3 sets of 10 (200 lbs.)
    Pullups 3 sets of 5 (bodyweight)
    Chinups 2 sets of 10 (bodyweight)
    Curls 3 sets of 5 each arm (50 lbs.)
    Abs:
    Six inch leg raise 2 sets of 30 seconds
    Sit ups 3 sets of 15 (no foothold)
    Planks at east 30 seconds a day before bed

Cool-down
    0.15 mi jog/walk

Now here is my normal diet:
    Breakfast: 1 cup raisn bran (or intsant oatmeal) + 1 banana
    snack: 1 protein bar
    Lunch: 2 pbj sandwiches (or sometimes ham/cheese)
    snack: 1 protein shake/1 cup cereal
    Dinner: something with meat like chicken and rice
    Bedtime snack: 1 cup ice cream or 1 cup cereal

Any advice apreciated.

randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10) randomcrash is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good grief when I was 18 I thought benching 240 for 7 reps was impossible. That must be a huge portion at dinner time because I would think it wouldn't even meet maintenance for you. Are you getting stronger?

Trying2serve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by randomcrash View Post
    Good grief when I was 18 I thought benching 240 for 7 reps was impossible. That must be a huge portion at dinner time because I would think it wouldn't even meet maintenance for you. Are you getting stronger?
    Hah thanks well I've been working out consistently since I was 12. I remember when I thought I was a beast to bench 100 lbs

Yeah I tend to eat a lot of dinner. I don't feel like its an enormous amount though. It occurs to me when I said 1 cup of cereal, I mean a very large bowl. I was assuming it was about 1 serving but it may be more like 2 cups.
    Yes I am getting stronger but not a ton. I've been kind of plateauing on strength recently and the main gains I'm noticing are in the size of my stomach. That's why I was thinking maybe I'm eating too many carbs and not enough protein.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your list of foods tells us nothing in relation to calories. Your macro split will make little to no difference in terms of fat intake it is based on the caloric level you are eating so are you counting calories?

Also do you know your TDEE maintenance (estimate)?

Eating high carbs will not cause fat gain if you are not in a caloric surplus it may cause extra water gain but not fat.