Reply
Page 279 of 282 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,370 of 8449
  1. #8341
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Dadbod1990 View Post
    So I've been going through this thread pretty religiously. From what I've gathered this is what the program looks like.

    Squat. Warm up, Warm up, Work set, Work set.
    Bench. Warm up, Warm up, Work set, Work set.
    Bent Over Row. Warm up, Warm up, Work set, Work set.
    Over Head Press. Warm up, Warm up, Work set, Work set.
    Still-Legged Deadlifts. Work set, Work set.
    Barbell Curls. Work set, Work set.
    Calf Raises. Work set, Work set.

    4x8 Week 1.
    4x9 Week 2.
    4x10 Week 3.
    4x11 Week 4.
    4x12 Week 5.

    Now, The only thing that "Kinda" confuses me, is. In the original post from AllPro, a few pages into the thread. He notes that you only do 2 sets of warm ups for the "first big 4" but in the threads continuing the original post it says you only do warm up sets for the FIRST THREE.

    So can anyone clarify if you do 2 warm up sets for the over head press or no? This is the only thing I'm really conflicted on when it comes to this routine, I don't want to be doing 2 unnecessary warm up sets if the routine doesn't call for it.

    Thank you in advance.
    Back when the earth was cooling, allpro 1.0 had warmups for every exercise. What we found out was this was waaay too much volume for most lifters, and we were getting too high of failure rates on OHP and SLDL. So the current (well for the last 8 years lol) is to warmup for the big 3, (bench,row,squat) and those will warm you up for the last 4, since they hit the same muscle groups. No point in warming up for incline bench when you already did flat bench for example. Also it would be silly to have a 45min lifting session, and 15-20min of it is warmups This is hypertrophy work, get in, get out, quit messing about. If you want to train your 1 rep max and grow at the same time, it would take 2-3 hour sessions to get in enough volume.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #8342
    Registered User slimchopra's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 98
    Rep Power: 253
    slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    slimchopra is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Just mimicking the movement. any stretching,prehab,rehab,mobility work can be done directly after the workout. If you are having some "issues" with a body part you can always add additional warmupsets.
    Thank you! I have one last warm-up question. If the exercise says to do 2 warm-up sets, and I'm just using bodyweight, would I still do 10 sets with 30 seconds of rest in between each one? It seems excessive and time consuming. Wouldn't just doing like 20 or so reps with 30 seconds in between be sufficient?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #8343
    Registered User TryingBB's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,770
    Rep Power: 13269
    TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TryingBB is online now
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Yes you are in the skinny fat rutt like most people. Even if you were gods gift to lifting, you would not be bmi 25 @13% in your first 2 years of lifting.
    So the choice is yours. Go up 10-15lbs over the next 9 months, and carry that fat(and odds are add another 3-5lbs) and then do a 3-4 month cut to lose 20-25lbs. Or start cutting now down to 13% 145lbs, and go up 10-15lbs over the next 9 months (and odds are 3-5lbs of fat) and then do a 4-6 week mini cut to strip off the baby fat.

    If you want to see what the other side of the fence is, on Starting strength, you would be going up to 200lbs till you hit a 405 deadlift, then cutting off 10-20lbs of fat, and ending up at the same body fat percentage that you are now.

    This is a body building program... Have you seen natty body building competitions?

    I guess at the end of the day, you have to decide if you want to look good in a mirror, or good in a shirt... I guarantee 18-20% is going to look better in a shirt, and look pudgy with it off.
    Umm ummm ummmmmm :/
    Lol...took me a second to digest that

    - so running a smaller deficit is no guarantee that I’ll build muscle along the way? Like if I eat 250 deficit instead of 500 and progress in every allpro lift, would that mean I’m growing more muscle and loosing fat or that just means my muscles are getting more efficient? Is this even a realistic approach as in would I be able to progress In weight on allpro With 250 deficit?

    - I’m thinking I could stick it out with the plan to cut to 158lbs (another cycle on allpro without increasing weights) and start With a 200 surplus in cycle 3 And go for that 10-15lb gain over 9 months.

    I’m trying to find most efficient use of my time...I’m ok with sticking it out with the cut but my absolute minimum would be 155lbs and I’ll be maybe 17% by then. That way when I get back up to 170lbs I should have a significantly better physique.

    - Should I worry about nutrition partitioning now at 20% bodyfat or at 17% when I’ll be 155lb-ish?

    - how would the results be if I ate 500 deficit week 1 and 2 and 250 deficit week 3 and 4. Maintenance week 5? I’d up the calories day before heavy day. Is there such a template available in the thread somewhere? I tried searching and didn’t land on one.

    - did I give you a headache yet? :-/ apologies
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**
    Reply With Quote

  4. #8344
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Umm ummm ummmmmm :/
    Lol...took me a second to digest that

    - so running a smaller deficit is no guarantee that I’ll build muscle along the way? Like if I eat 250 deficit instead of 500 and progress in every allpro lift, would that mean I’m growing more muscle and loosing fat or that just means my muscles are getting more efficient? Is this even a realistic approach as in would I be able to progress In weight on allpro With 250 deficit?

    - I’m thinking I could stick it out with the plan to cut to 158lbs (another cycle on allpro without increasing weights) and start With a 200 surplus in cycle 3 And go for that 10-15lb gain over 9 months.

    I’m trying to find most efficient use of my time...I’m ok with sticking it out with the cut but my absolute minimum would be 155lbs and I’ll be maybe 17% by then. That way when I get back up to 170lbs I should have a significantly better physique.

    - Should I worry about nutrition partitioning now at 20% bodyfat or at 17% when I’ll be 155lb-ish?

    - how would the results be if I ate 500 deficit week 1 and 2 and 250 deficit week 3 and 4. Maintenance week 5? I’d up the calories day before heavy day. Is there such a template available in the thread somewhere? I tried searching and didn’t land on one.

    - did I give you a headache yet? :-/ apologies
    THE RECOMP MONSTER IS REARING ITS HEAD!

    Look you are not going to gaining muscle and lose fat. That is impossible drug free. You can go down in "weight" and lose 2-3lbs of fat and 1lb of "leanmass" (not skeletal muscle), or you can go up in "weight" and gain 1-2lbs of muscle per pound of fat gain. Yes if you are gods gift to lifting you can gain 2lbs of muscle for every 1lb of fat. 30lbs of weight gain, 20lbs of muscle and 10lbs of fat, these are the genetic freaks.

    Now you can "get good at the lifts" and increase CNS performance, while losing weight. Those are the "gains" you are talking about, but they are not muscle gains.


    So now you have to do a reality and psychological check. You are telling me you dont really want to go down in body weight, and also dont really want to go up in body fat.

    I gave you your options:

    Stay fat and eat till you can get 10 reps of bmi24 bench, and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bmi24 squat, then spend 3-4 months maintaining those lifts while losing the fat

    Get skinny while getting good at the lifts, then slow bulk to bmi 25, till you can get 10 reps of bmi24 bench, and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bmi24 squat, then spend a cycle or 2 maintaining those lifts while losing the fat


    But what you can not do is micro manage this thing to the point were you go down 1-2lbs, then up 1-2lbs, over and over so you can maintain roughly bmi24 and just slowly get less squishy and more lumpy.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #8345
    Registered User TryingBB's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,770
    Rep Power: 13269
    TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TryingBB is online now
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    THE RECOMP MONSTER IS REARING ITS HEAD!

    Look you are not going to gaining muscle and lose fat. That is impossible drug free. You can go down in "weight" and lose 2-3lbs of fat and 1lb of "leanmass" (not skeletal muscle), or you can go up in "weight" and gain 1-2lbs of muscle per pound of fat gain. Yes if you are gods gift to lifting you can gain 2lbs of muscle for every 1lb of fat. 30lbs of weight gain, 20lbs of muscle and 10lbs of fat, these are the genetic freaks.

    Now you can "get good at the lifts" and increase CNS performance, while losing weight. Those are the "gains" you are talking about, but they are not muscle gains.


    So now you have to do a reality and psychological check. You are telling me you dont really want to go down in body weight, and also dont really want to go up in body fat.

    I gave you your options:

    Stay fat and eat till you can get 10 reps of bmi24 bench, and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bmi24 squat, then spend 3-4 months maintaining those lifts while losing the fat

    Get skinny while getting good at the lifts, then slow bulk to bmi 25, till you can get 10 reps of bmi24 bench, and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bmi24 squat, then spend a cycle or 2 maintaining those lifts while losing the fat


    But what you can not do is micro manage this thing to the point were you go down 1-2lbs, then up 1-2lbs, over and over so you can maintain roughly bmi24 and just slowly get less squishy and more lumpy.
    Haha yea the damn monster. I’ve been at it for so long already since Nov 2018 and 200+lbs - properly in my opinion since November 2019 - 8 months properly I suppose. And it’ll be another 12 months before I start looking like I lift. :-/

    Willing and wanting to put in the work...

    Quoting you “ Stay fat and eat till you can get 10 reps of bmi24 bench, and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bmi24 squat, then spend 3-4 months maintaining those lifts while losing the fat”.

    - This open I eat maintenance and grow muscle or is this 200 surplus option?

    About the get skinny route what if I took midway approach? Continue Cutting till I loose my moobs or 155lbs - whichever comes first and then start a slow bulk and stick with it for minimum 9 months - moobs or not?

    By the way I don’t think this time around I’m jumping too much. I’ve cut from 171lbs to 162 and want to continue cutting - probably will be mid August till I get to 155-156lbs.

    What’s the prescribed way on allpro to go into a bulk? I mean which week of a cycle should one get into a bulk?
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**
    Reply With Quote

  6. #8346
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    By the way I don’t think this time around I’m jumping too much. I’ve cut from 171lbs to 162 and want to continue cutting - probably will be mid August till I get to 155-156lbs.

    What’s the prescribed way on allpro to go into a bulk? I mean which week of a cycle should one get into a bulk?
    "go up or down at least 1kg per cycle on allpro". I dont care which as long as you dont seesaw back and forth every other cycle. Id say you "might" be able to get away with 2 cycles of cutting and then 2 cycles of bulking and repeating, but most people are not that good at monitoring the situation.

    So the "stay fat" option still means you need to be eating enough to gain 1kg per cycle. I have no clue if that is 200 cals or 500 cals, since people get more "twitchy and energetic" in a surplus. And simply increasing/decreasing calories causes an offset of water weight, so that 1kg of gain/loss one cycle may be a one time offset, and not a repeatable endeavor.


    I normally do not recommend people change from bulking/cutting, till there is at least a 10lb/3kg change.

    As for when to "start bulking/cutting" it really doesnt matter which week. Its not like you will get extra fat if you start bulking 8 rep week instead of 10 rep week, and its not like you decrease your chances of passing if you start cutting 11 rep week.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #8347
    Registered User Dadbod1990's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Dadbod1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dadbod1990 is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Back when the earth was cooling, allpro 1.0 had warmups for every exercise. What we found out was this was waaay too much volume for most lifters, and we were getting too high of failure rates on OHP and SLDL. So the current (well for the last 8 years lol) is to warmup for the big 3, (bench,row,squat) and those will warm you up for the last 4, since they hit the same muscle groups. No point in warming up for incline bench when you already did flat bench for example. Also it would be silly to have a 45min lifting session, and 15-20min of it is warmups This is hypertrophy work, get in, get out, quit messing about. If you want to train your 1 rep max and grow at the same time, it would take 2-3 hour sessions to get in enough volume.
    Thank you! Like I said, I really didn't want to do 2 warm up sets if it wasn't called for.

    So if I have this all correct. THIS is what my workout should look like.

    Heavy Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 210, 210.
    Bench. 35(I'll just use the 45 bar). 75, 145, 145.
    Bent-Over Row. 45(The Bar) 65, 125, 125.
    Over-Head Press. 100, 100.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift 135, 135.
    Barbell Curls. 65, 65.

    Medium Day.
    Squat. 55. 105, 200, 200.
    Bench. 45, 75, 135, 135.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 115, 115.
    Over-Head Press. 90, 90.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 125, 125.
    Barbell Curl. 55, 55.

    Light Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 190, 190.
    Bench. 45, 75, 125, 125.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 105, 105.
    Over-Head Press. 80, 80.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 115, 115.
    Barbell Curl. 45, 45.


    Correct me if I'm wrong, But I'll use the same WARM UP weight for all 3 days right? and only lower the WORKING weight by 10% and 20%.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8348
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Dadbod1990 View Post
    Thank you! Like I said, I really didn't want to do 2 warm up sets if it wasn't called for.

    So if I have this all correct. THIS is what my workout should look like.

    Heavy Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 210, 210.
    Bench. 35(I'll just use the 45 bar). 75, 145, 145.
    Bent-Over Row. 45(The Bar) 65, 125, 125.
    Over-Head Press. 100, 100.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift 135, 135.
    Barbell Curls. 65, 65.

    Medium Day.
    Squat. 55. 105, 200, 200.
    Bench. 45, 75, 135, 135.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 115, 115.
    Over-Head Press. 90, 90.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 125, 125.
    Barbell Curl. 55, 55.

    Light Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 190, 190.
    Bench. 45, 75, 125, 125.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 105, 105.
    Over-Head Press. 80, 80.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 115, 115.
    Barbell Curl. 45, 45.


    Correct me if I'm wrong, But I'll use the same WARM UP weight for all 3 days right? and only lower the WORKING weight by 10% and 20%.
    Keep it simple, 2 sets of 10, all cycle, same weights every workout.

    Also GG on the OHP working weight, most end with that number
    Reply With Quote

  9. #8349
    Registered User Dadbod1990's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Dadbod1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dadbod1990 is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Keep it simple, 2 sets of 10, all cycle, same weights every workout.

    Also GG on the OHP working weight, most end with that number
    Huh? What do you mean 2 sets of 10? Aren't you you supposed to start off 2 sets of 8 and on week 5 be doing 2 sets of 12?

    Also, same weight every workout? So no Heavy, Medium, Light day?
    Reply With Quote

  10. #8350
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Dadbod1990 View Post
    Huh? What do you mean 2 sets of 10? Aren't you you supposed to start off 2 sets of 8 and on week 5 be doing 2 sets of 12?

    Also, same weight every workout? So no Heavy, Medium, Light day?
    warmup sets, 2 sets of 10, warmup weight, same weight, every workout. Hell you might get 2-3 cycles before the warmup weight needs to be changed for being too light.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #8351
    Registered User Dadbod1990's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Dadbod1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dadbod1990 is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    warmup sets, 2 sets of 10, warmup weight, same weight, every workout. Hell you might get 2-3 cycles before the warmup weight needs to be changed for being too light.

    Okay, So correct me if I'm not understanding this.

    For the warm up sets I'll do 2 sets of 10. For EVERY workout, I'll use the SAME warm up weight. So on Mon/Wed/Fri, I'll be using the same warm up weight, But my WORKING sets will be different.


    If I'm going off just what AllPro has said.

    On My Squat, Bench, and Bent-Over Row, I'll be doing 2 warm up sets. 1 set at 1/4 of my working weight, and another set at 1/2 of my working set. For my working set I'll be using 75% of my 1 rep max, so I'll be using the weight for my 10 rep max but I'll only be doing 2 sets of 8, increasing the number of reps for each set every week, while still using the same amount of week until I complete "test" week on week 5.

    So THIS.

    Heavy Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 210, 210.
    Bench. 45. 75, 145, 145.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 125, 125.
    Over-Head Press. 100, 100.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift 135, 135.
    Barbell Curls. 65, 65.

    Medium Day.
    Squat. 55. 105, 200, 200.
    Bench. 45, 75, 135, 135.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 115, 115.
    Over-Head Press. 90, 90.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 125, 125.
    Barbell Curl. 55, 55.

    Light Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 190, 190.
    Bench. 45, 75, 125, 125.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 105, 105.
    Over-Head Press. 80, 80.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 115, 115.
    Barbell Curl. 45, 45.

    Will be the weight I'm using up until I complete week 5, In which I'll increase my weights by 10%.

    week 1, 4x8.
    week 2, 4x9.
    week 3, 4x10.
    week 4. 4x11.
    week 5. 4x12.

    Now, I'm seriously not understanding what you're saying when You say my warm up sets will be 2x10. Or when You say I'll be using the same weight EVERY workout, When it's written that your Wednesday will be 10% less weight on your working sets, and your Friday will be 20% less of your working weight.

    So my above template would be correct lol
    Last edited by Dadbod1990; 07-06-2020 at 05:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  12. #8352
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Dadbod1990 View Post
    Okay, So correct me if I'm not understanding this.

    For the warm up sets I'll do 2 sets of 10. For EVERY workout, I'll use the SAME warm up weight. So on Mon/Wed/Fri, I'll be using the same warm up weight, But my WORKING sets will be different.


    If I'm going off just what AllPro has said.

    On My Squat, Bench, and Bent-Over Row, I'll be doing 2 warm up sets. 1 set at 1/4 of my working weight, and another set at 1/2 of my working set. For my working set I'll be using 75% of my 1 rep max, so I'll be using the weight for my 10 rep max but I'll only be doing 2 sets of 8, increasing the number of reps for each set every week, while still using the same amount of week until I complete "test" week on week 5.

    So THIS.

    Heavy Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 210, 210.
    Bench. 45. 75, 145, 145.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 125, 125.
    Over-Head Press. 100, 100.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift 135, 135.
    Barbell Curls. 65, 65.

    Medium Day.
    Squat. 55. 105, 200, 200.
    Bench. 45, 75, 135, 135.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 115, 115.
    Over-Head Press. 90, 90.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 125, 125.
    Barbell Curl. 55, 55.

    Light Day.
    Squat. 55, 105, 190, 190.
    Bench. 45, 75, 125, 125.
    Bent-Over Row. 45, 65, 105, 105.
    Over-Head Press. 80, 80.
    Stiff-Legged Deadlift. 115, 115.
    Barbell Curl. 45, 45.

    Will be the weight I'm using up until I complete week 5, In which I'll increase my weights by 10%.

    week 1, 4x8.
    week 2, 4x9.
    week 3, 4x10.
    week 4. 4x11.
    week 5. 4x12.

    Now, I'm seriously not understanding what you're saying when You say my warm up sets will be 2x10. Or when You say I'll be using the same weight EVERY workout, When it's written that your Wednesday will be 10% less weight on your working sets, and your Friday will be 20% less of your working weight.

    So my above template would be correct lol
    I have only ever replied to your warmup questions, and never your working weight. Everything you typed is correct

    Only last thing is the 10% bumps is the min, you can bump higher if you think you are making great progress and test day seemed real easy. Those that just got off the couch may double the squat working weight in 2-3 cycles just by practice, it might just be going from the bar to 95lbs, but that would take forever to from the bar to 175lbs at 10% bumps.


    For the warm up sets I'll do 2 sets of 10. For EVERY workout, I'll use the SAME warm up weight. So on Mon/Wed/Fri, I'll be using the same warm up weight, But my WORKING sets will be different.


    If I'm going off just what AllPro has said.

    On My Squat, Bench, and Bent-Over Row, I'll be doing 2 warm up sets. 1 set at 1/4 of my working weight, and another set at 1/2 of my working set. For my working set I'll be using 75% of my 1 rep max, so I'll be using the weight for my 10 rep max but I'll only be doing 2 sets of 8, increasing the number of reps for each set every week, while still using the same amount of week until I complete "test" week on week 5.
    Reply With Quote

  13. #8353
    Registered User Dadbod1990's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2020
    Age: 50
    Posts: 6
    Rep Power: 0
    Dadbod1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dadbod1990 is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    I have only ever replied to your warmup questions, and never your working weight. Everything you typed is correct

    Only last thing is the 10% bumps is the min, you can bump higher if you think you are making great progress and test day seemed real easy. Those that just got off the couch may double the squat working weight in 2-3 cycles just by practice, it might just be going from the bar to 95lbs, but that would take forever to from the bar to 175lbs at 10% bumps.

    Gotcha, I just really wanted to make sure I got this 100% right before seriously committing to it and finding out a few weeks, or cycles in that i had goofed on something. The only thing that worries me is squatting 3 times a week. I recently switched off of one routine because it had squatting 3 times a week and my knee's starting to, not hurt, exactly. But when i'd crouch down to take a knee, i definitely felt it.

    Would using knee sleeves, or wraps be a good idea for this routine?
    Reply With Quote

  14. #8354
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Dadbod1990 View Post
    Gotcha, I just really wanted to make sure I got this 100% right before seriously committing to it and finding out a few weeks, or cycles in that i had goofed on something. The only thing that worries me is squatting 3 times a week. I recently switched off of one routine because it had squatting 3 times a week and my knee's starting to, not hurt, exactly. But when i'd crouch down to take a knee, i definitely felt it.

    Would using knee sleeves, or wraps be a good idea for this routine?

    Well odds are the majority of the reps will be 20-30% lighter than you are used to...

    But its perfectly fine to do high bar box squats, which equalizes the torque on the knee.

    https://youtu.be/SP2b1KnLIUw


    About the only thing he leaves out is foot position. To be an official box squat your shins should be perpendicular to the floor in all directions when sitting on the box, and your knees should not travel forward when getting off the box. Else all you are doing is traditional squat onto a box.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #8355
    Registered User slimchopra's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 98
    Rep Power: 253
    slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    slimchopra is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    You would be better to adapt the 10 sets of 3 with 30 seconds of rest pattern.

    So you can do all the all pro exercises, just with a different pattern.


    So it would go:
    Start off with your 10 rep max or the max the weight set will allow, which ever is less
    Do sets of 3 with 30 seconds of rest
    Stop when you get a sloooooow rep with good form
    If you get all 10 sets, next session bump the weight

    In your case, once your 10 rep max is more than your 30lbs in dumb bells, you will have to start adding reps to each set. So you would get your 10 sets of 3, then 10 sets of 4, then 10 sets of 5, etc. The upper limit to this pattern is around 20 reps

    If you do this 3x a week, you will find that your rep total for each exercise goes down a little bit each session. This how you know the program is working and you are fatiguing. Then you take the weekend off and come back next week to find your rep totals are higher than last mondays session, as example.

    Every 6-8 weeks you will need to take a deload week, and just do 2 sets each session. You will kind of "know" because life outside of lifting will just feel like crap, sleep will be crap, daily labor will feel like crap, etc.
    I started doing this pattern and have done it for 2 days now. I've found that 10 sets of 3 reps was just too light, so I've moved up to 10 sets of 5 reps for each exercise, but even that feels too light. Do you have any advice on how to find the right number of reps? I don't want to waste days figuring this out. I appreciate any feedback you have. You have been very helpful thus far.
    Reply With Quote

  16. #8356
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by slimchopra View Post
    I started doing this pattern and have done it for 2 days now. I've found that 10 sets of 3 reps was just too light, so I've moved up to 10 sets of 5 reps for each exercise, but even that feels too light. Do you have any advice on how to find the right number of reps? I don't want to waste days figuring this out. I appreciate any feedback you have. You have been very helpful thus far.
    Well lets see here, a 10 rep max set takes about 30 seconds. So do your weights for 30 seconds. What ever that number is, your "working reps per set" would be between 1/3 and 1/2 that amount.
    Reply With Quote

  17. #8357
    Registered User slimchopra's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2003
    Posts: 98
    Rep Power: 253
    slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10) slimchopra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    slimchopra is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Well lets see here, a 10 rep max set takes about 30 seconds. So do your weights for 30 seconds. What ever that number is, your "working reps per set" would be between 1/3 and 1/2 that amount.
    I will give that a shot and see how that goes. Thanks again!
    Reply With Quote

  18. #8358
    Registered User TryingBB's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,770
    Rep Power: 13269
    TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TryingBB is online now
    While working (not lifting) I did something and my wrist / thumb a bit worse (had messed it up from benching too wide if you recall).

    I finished week 5 of cycle 1 last week and I’m on a 500 calorie daily deficit loosing 1lb per week. I failed test day and will be repeating all my weights.

    Since my wrist/thumb is a bit worse I want to take off a week to let it heal. What’s recommended in terms of calories? Continue the cut or bump up to maintenance? I’d prefer to continue loosing fat but also don’t want to loose muscle.

    When I start lifting again next heavy day, I plan on starting with old weights at 8 reps. Or should I follow the vacation protocol (7 reps)?

    Any other recommendations?
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**
    Reply With Quote

  19. #8359
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    While working (not lifting) I did something and my wrist / thumb a bit worse (had messed it up from benching too wide if you recall).

    I finished week 5 of cycle 1 last week and I’m on a 500 calorie daily deficit loosing 1lb per week. I failed test day and will be repeating all my weights.

    Since my wrist/thumb is a bit worse I want to take off a week to let it heal. What’s recommended in terms of calories? Continue the cut or bump up to maintenance? I’d prefer to continue loosing fat but also don’t want to loose muscle.

    When I start lifting again next heavy day, I plan on starting with old weights at 8 reps. Or should I follow the vacation protocol (7 reps)?

    Any other recommendations?
    Dont adjust diet. I would spend $5-10 and get some wrist WRAPS. Not straps. These are equivalent to high top sneakers for bad ankle. They wont help you lift more, but they will be insurance to prevent reinjury till you are healed.
    Reply With Quote

  20. #8360
    Registered User TryingBB's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,770
    Rep Power: 13269
    TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TryingBB is online now
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Dont adjust diet. I would spend $5-10 and get some wrist WRAPS. Not straps. These are equivalent to high top sneakers for bad ankle. They wont help you lift more, but they will be insurance to prevent reinjury till you are healed.
    Got it. Will do.

    Dunno why I didn’t think about it...what if I only skip bench press and do everything else?

    Last workout was light day last Sunday and I’m starting to freak out not working out and get detrained/loose strength. When I was on fierce 5, a 7 to 9 day vacation would make me loose some major strength. It would come back in two weeks or so but yea I would loose a lot of strength.

    Dunno if that’s normal or not but my body just feels like I got the worst genetics for strength and bodyfat and bodyfat distribution
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**
    Reply With Quote

  21. #8361
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Got it. Will do.

    Dunno why I didn’t think about it...what if I only skip bench press and do everything else?

    Last workout was light day last Sunday and I’m starting to freak out not working out and get detrained/loose strength. When I was on fierce 5, a 7 to 9 day vacation would make me loose some major strength. It would come back in two weeks or so but yea I would loose a lot of strength.

    Dunno if that’s normal or not but my body just feels like I got the worst genetics for strength and bodyfat and bodyfat distribution
    Last time i nuked my wrist, i could not pull, i could push fine. But yea, any movements you are comfortable with, go for it. With the wrist wrap i was able to pull after 2 weeks(other than deadlift and chinups), and didnt even need the wrap after 6-8 weeks.
    Reply With Quote

  22. #8362
    Registered User Itsoverboyosx's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 127
    Rep Power: 0
    Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Itsoverboyosx is offline
    I think this will be the program for me. I am a bit confused though, but that could be cuz of my bad English xD
    Reply With Quote

  23. #8363
    Registered User TryingBB's Avatar
    Join Date: Jun 2019
    Posts: 1,770
    Rep Power: 13269
    TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TryingBB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    TryingBB is online now
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Last time i nuked my wrist, i could not pull, i could push fine. But yea, any movements you are comfortable with, go for it. With the wrist wrap i was able to pull after 2 weeks(other than deadlift and chinups), and didnt even need the wrap after 6-8 weeks.
    I’m glad you recovered. Met someone over the weekend who messed up his thumb tendon 15 or so years ago and didn’t take take care of it. It’s a permanent issue now.

    I’ve ordered the stiff version here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WV...age&th=1&psc=1

    Looks fine? Do I need thr stiff or less stiff version?

    Also I should temporarily use the wrap, correct? Or should I slap on the insurance for all of my future lifting endeavours (lol)?
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**
    Reply With Quote

  24. #8364
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    I’m glad you recovered. Met someone over the weekend who messed up his thumb tendon 15 or so years ago and didn’t take take care of it. It’s a permanent issue now.

    I’ve ordered the stiff version here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06WV...age&th=1&psc=1

    Looks fine? Do I need thr stiff or less stiff version?

    Also I should temporarily use the wrap, correct? Or should I slap on the insurance for all of my future lifting endeavours (lol)?
    That looks fine. You can use them on and off, its not insurance, but they do allow you to grip tighter(because it gives the wrist something to push against) when pulling, so you could use them for chinups/deadlifts/rows etc when doing "volume" work. Using them for bench or bent wrist low bar squats, is just for looks.
    Reply With Quote

  25. #8365
    Registered User Itsoverboyosx's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 127
    Rep Power: 0
    Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Itsoverboyosx is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    That looks fine. You can use them on and off, its not insurance, but they do allow you to grip tighter(because it gives the wrist something to push against) when pulling, so you could use them for chinups/deadlifts/rows etc when doing "volume" work. Using them for bench or bent wrist low bar squats, is just for looks.
    Nightanole did you get my private message that I sent you?
    Reply With Quote

  26. #8366
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Itsoverboyosx View Post
    Nightanole did you get my private message that I sent you?
    Holly crap is that a pain to find now, i used to have a red dot on my avatar, it took me 5-10min just to find messages again...
    Reply With Quote

  27. #8367
    Registered User Itsoverboyosx's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 127
    Rep Power: 0
    Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Itsoverboyosx is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Holly crap is that a pain to find now, i used to have a red dot on my avatar, it took me 5-10min just to find messages again...
    PM's dont seem to work for me for some reason, anyways..

    Awesome! So basically yeah. I am 5'10 and 191 lbs and I have never really done any resistance training. I was initially planning on doing Coolcicada's Push/Pull/Legs Routine, but people have kept on saying thats better for intermediate, rather than a beginner.

    First I was wondering, with this program, since FIERCE 5 sticky said that when it comes to cutting, Allpro would be much better, is this something you agree with? again, since I am currently 5'10 and 191 lbs with no muscle, not only am i high on BMI scale, but my body fat is 25%+, so would you say this is a good option then I am also eating at 500 calorie deficit, good choice you think?


    Secondly, so from my understanding it's then:
    Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

    You do all these every time u go to the gym, which is 3 days a week on nonconsecutive days? And lastly, is it fine to add 1 or 2 days of cardio either on rest days or on lifting days?
    Reply With Quote

  28. #8368
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Itsoverboyosx View Post
    PM's dont seem to work for me for some reason, anyways..

    Awesome! So basically yeah. I am 5'10 and 191 lbs and I have never really done any resistance training. I was initially planning on doing Coolcicada's Push/Pull/Legs Routine, but people have kept on saying thats better for intermediate, rather than a beginner.

    First I was wondering, with this program, since FIERCE 5 sticky said that when it comes to cutting, Allpro would be much better, is this something you agree with? again, since I am currently 5'10 and 191 lbs with no muscle, not only am i high on BMI scale, but my body fat is 25%+, so would you say this is a good option then I am also eating at 500 calorie deficit, good choice you think?


    Secondly, so from my understanding it's then:
    Squats
    Bench Presses
    Bent-Over Rows
    Overhead Barbell Presses
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
    Barbell Curls
    Calf Raises

    You do all these every time u go to the gym, which is 3 days a week on nonconsecutive days? And lastly, is it fine to add 1 or 2 days of cardio either on rest days or on lifting days?
    Allpro can be ran with no changes. Bulking or cutting ,its the same program. That is why people recommend it for cutting.

    The first goal on allpro is to get to 13% body fat, which for most people is around bmi 22-23. Then you slow bulk to bmi 25 over 6-9 months.

    So for you, start by losing 1kg per week while learning the lifts. I do not know if that is 250 cals or 750 cals or 500 cals. If you do more low intensity steady state cardio, you dont have to reduce the calories as much. Cardio can be ran 7 days a week if its done after the workout, you do not want to do cardio before the workout.


    And yes you do all lifts every workout, for 2 sets. The first 3 lifts (bench/row/squat) you also do 2 warmup sets of 10 reps. This can be a plastic pipe or broom handle for the first set, and "the bar" for the second set, when you are starting off light.
    Reply With Quote

  29. #8369
    Registered User Itsoverboyosx's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2019
    Age: 50
    Posts: 127
    Rep Power: 0
    Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100) Itsoverboyosx is not very well liked. (-100)
    Itsoverboyosx is offline
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Allpro can be ran with no changes. Bulking or cutting ,its the same program. That is why people recommend it for cutting.

    The first goal on allpro is to get to 13% body fat, which for most people is around bmi 22-23. Then you slow bulk to bmi 25 over 6-9 months.

    So for you, start by losing 1kg per week while learning the lifts. I do not know if that is 250 cals or 750 cals or 500 cals. If you do more low intensity steady state cardio, you dont have to reduce the calories as much. Cardio can be ran 7 days a week if its done after the workout, you do not want to do cardio before the workout.


    And yes you do all lifts every workout, for 2 sets. The first 3 lifts (bench/row/squat) you also do 2 warmup sets of 10 reps. This can be a plastic pipe or broom handle for the first set, and "the bar" for the second set, when you are starting off light.

    Really 1kg per week? Am I even gonna build any muscle then? Or is the newbie gains gonna be enough?
    Reply With Quote

  30. #8370
    Registered User nightanole's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2010
    Age: 41
    Posts: 8,603
    Rep Power: 14532
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    nightanole is offline
    Originally Posted by Itsoverboyosx View Post
    Really 1kg per week? Am I even gonna build any muscle then? Or is the newbie gains gonna be enough?
    How do i put this...

    if you just sat on the couch and ate, you would gain 1lb of muscle for every 3lbs of fat. So at 40-50lbs of extra fat you are walking around with, you already have 10-15lbs more muscle than the skinny guy who sat on the couch and just ate enough to maintain bmi 22.

    So your job is to workout to maintain that "fat muscle" while losing weight. Till you are under about 13%, you will not lose any muscle while losing fat, if you work out.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts