Closed Thread
Page 261 of 290 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,830 of 8698
    McTaffy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Attachment 6763041

FAQ

Question 1: So how many sets am I doing exactly?
    Answer: You are doing exactly 2 work-sets for each exercise. In addition, you are doing 2 warm-up sets for the first three exercises only (Squats, Bench Press and Bent Over Rows) - the remaining four exercises do not require warm-ups, however you can do them if you feel the need to. Here is a blue-print for all the sets you should be doing, in that order:

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set
    Just to clarify, when on week 5 thats only 2 x 12 reps, or 24 reps after the warm-up?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by McTaffy View Post
    Just to clarify, when on week 5 thats only 2 x 12 reps, or 24 reps after the warm-up?
    Yup.
    warm up
    unlimited rest
    warm up
    unlimited rest
    12 reps
    90 seconds rest
    12 reps

Registered User 27MinuteMiracle's Avatar
    27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup.
    warm up
    unlimited rest
    warm up
    unlimited rest
    12 reps
    90 seconds rest
    12 reps
    Night,

I’m noticing that nothing about this routine provides full recovery. Why is that?

For example..

After the first set if an exercise, If my heart rate is still pumping above resting rate, I figure it’s catching up to provide oxygen and perhaps nutrients to replenish the muscle that’s being worked.

Once it’s back at resting rate, the body must have sensed that it’s all caught up.

This seems like a good thing, to allow recovery.

In fact, sometimes in the middle of a work out, I’ll end up in conversation with another lifter at the gym. Then When I get back to lifting after this 5-6(?) minute break, I’m feeling refreshed and energized and I feel like I have an awesome next set. Stronger, better, more confident. It’s kind of awesome. For the first post-conv set.

Sooo... is there a downside to full recovery?

(Other than the extra time it takes)

To be fair, I’ve been back on all pro for five weeks and I’m not doing it exactly by the rules, but close enough.
    Last edited by 27MinuteMiracle; 11-01-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Registered User 27MinuteMiracle's Avatar
    27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10) 27MinuteMiracle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yup.
    warm up
    unlimited rest
    warm up
    unlimited rest
    12 reps
    90 seconds rest
    12 reps
    Night,

I’m noticing nothing about this routine provides full recovery. Why is that?

For example..

After the 1st set of an exercise, if my heart rate is still above resting rate, I figure it’s catching up to provide oxygen and perhaps nutrients to replenish the muscle that’s been worked.

Once it’s back at resting rate, the body must have sensed that it’s all caught up.

This seems like a good thing.

In fact, sometimes in the middle of a work out, I’ll end up in conversation with another lifter at the gym. Then when I get back to lifting after this 5-6(?) minute break, I feel refreshed and I have an awesome next set. Stronger, better, and more physically confident/stronger than I’d expected.

So..is there a downside to full recovery?

To be fair, I’ve been back on All Pro for five weeks, and I’m not doing it exactly by the rules, but close enough.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 27MinuteMiracle View Post
    Night,

I’m noticing nothing about this routine provides full recovery. Why is that?

For example..

After the 1st set of an exercise, if my heart rate is still above resting rate, I figure it’s catching up to provide oxygen and perhaps nutrients to replenish the muscle that’s been worked.

This seems like a good thing.

In fact, sometimes in the middle of a work out, I’ll end up in conversation with another lifter at the gym. Then when I get back to lifting after this 5-6(?) minute break, I feel refreshed and I have an awesome next set. Stronger, better, and more physically confident/stronger than I’d expected.

So..is there a downside to full recovery?

To be fair, I’ve been back on All Pro for five weeks, and I’m not doing it exactly by the rules, but close enough.
    This is a fatigue based training style. You can do what ever you want in-between warmups and exercise(its why i said unlimited rest). Its only the time limit between sets of the same exercise that you have to monitor. On medium and light days some folks will drop the rest down to even 30 seconds if its early into the cycle.

This is completely different training vs 3x5 workouts where you are to be "full recovered" for the next set, else you may miss reps.

mpizzle421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpizzle421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I decided to take some video of myself performing the movements (today was medium day on test week for cycle 1). My squat was the biggest surprise. I "feel" like I'm getting proper depth. From what I see in the video, not so much. I tried getting below parallel even without weight or a bar and really don't seem to be able to.

Squat - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...R3Y2ZVRWdTTkJR

Bench - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...Y4Nk53NmxvNm93

Row - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...RTT24xcnZlRzhR

OHP - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VtUGNpZzVXaGV3

SLDL - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hJdC1nbTRzQ0V3

Originally Posted by mpizzle421 View Post
    So I decided to take some video of myself performing the movements (today was medium day on test week for cycle 1). My squat was the biggest surprise. I "feel" like I'm getting proper depth. From what I see in the video, not so much. I tried getting below parallel even without weight or a bar and really don't seem to be able to.

Squat - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...R3Y2ZVRWdTTkJR

Bench - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...Y4Nk53NmxvNm93

Row - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...RTT24xcnZlRzhR

OHP - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...VtUGNpZzVXaGV3

SLDL - https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hJdC1nbTRzQ0V3

OHP and SLDL are perfect.

Squat sucks. You know how to sit in a chair, so why not try box squats first till you can figure out how to get to depth. Odds are you need toes pointed more forward, and a wider stance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP2b1KnLIUw&t=2s

Row you are too upright. You dont have to be a 90 degree bend to the floor, but you are not even at a 45 degree. You are doing more of a yates style row. Its why your elbows are going more up vs back. It needs to look kinda like a reverse bench, or a reverse slight decline bench.

Bench its a bit hard to tell. I think i see an elliptical pattern, so it is going lower than your shoulder line at the bottom, which is a good thing. But you may be going a bit wide so that is why you really dont travel very far down your chest. If you bench too "high" on your chest you will end up with some nagging shoulder stuff. But you have odds are a barrel chest and short arms so you benching will look completely different than my orangutan arms.

mpizzle421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mpizzle421 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    OHP and SLDL are perfect.

Squat sucks. You know how to sit in a chair, so why not try box squats first till you can figure out how to get to depth. Odds are you need toes pointed more forward, and a wider stance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP2b1KnLIUw&t=2s

Row you are too upright. You dont have to be a 90 degree bend to the floor, but you are not even at a 45 degree. You are doing more of a yates style row. Its why your elbows are going more up vs back. It needs to look kinda like a reverse bench, or a reverse slight decline bench.

Bench its a bit hard to tell. I think i see an elliptical pattern, so it is going lower than your shoulder line at the bottom, which is a good thing. But you may be going a bit wide so that is why you really dont travel very far down your chest. If you bench too "high" on your chest you will end up with some nagging shoulder stuff. But you have odds are a barrel chest and short arms so you benching will look completely different than my orangutan arms.
    Squat - indeed. I experimented without any weight and in my videos I see some butt wink/rounding of my back as I try to go lower.

Row - appreciate the feedback.

Bench - I may be a little wide. I don't have short arms.

I would be temped to say that I could work with a trainer to get these things corrected but I've encountered quite a bit of "junk" out there... Not sure if I should be trying to add weight now or if I should be focusing 100% on form and not touching weight until things improve.

Originally Posted by mpizzle421 View Post
    Squat - indeed. I experimented without any weight and in my videos I see some butt wink/rounding of my back as I try to go lower.

Row - appreciate the feedback.

Bench - I may be a little wide. I don't have short arms.

I would be temped to say that I could work with a trainer to get these things corrected but I've encountered quite a bit of "junk" out there... Not sure if I should be trying to add weight now or if I should be focusing 100% on form and not touching weight until things improve.
    Generally its "start light and learn the lifts while cutting down to 13%".

Your only main problem is the squat. I know you can do it because you can sit and get out of a chair, which is alot lower than your squat right now. You just have to figure out your stance and balance. I would check out that box squat video and try it at home. You could either use a broom handle, or just do them while making an impression of superman flying, for balance.

I have no problem with trainers "for movements". But like most, trainers "programs" suck.

GenerationZero is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Was 10 rep week and today's heavy day, was ok except for curls.

I made a mistake 3 weeks ago. When I failed on 12 reps on curls I increased the weight a little without realising (added the wrong plate, I only realised when I failed today's curls on 10 reps which made me go back to my workout log and double-check everything).

So do I just go back to the previous weight (where I failed on 12 reps) or do I continue what I'm doing and convert curls to the same program as bench (currently I'm doing 3 sets of a heavy weight until I think I can do 2x12) for every session?

Originally Posted by GenerationZero View Post
    Was 10 rep week and today's heavy day, was ok except for curls.

I made a mistake 3 weeks ago. When I failed on 12 reps on curls I increased the weight a little without realising (added the wrong plate, I only realised when I failed today's curls on 10 reps which made me go back to my workout log and double-check everything).

So do I just go back to the previous weight (where I failed on 12 reps) or do I continue what I'm doing and convert curls to the same program as bench (currently I'm doing 3 sets of a heavy weight until I think I can do 2x12) for every session?
    I dont care what you do with curls as long as it doesnt affect the row. Since you are missing reps on 10 rep week, you could roll it back to the correct weight. I never expect much progression on curls. Most of the progression of curls comes from improving the row.

stoneboy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Where can I fit running x3 times a week with this? I want to get started with running and this at the same time.

Originally Posted by stoneboy View Post
    Where can I fit running x3 times a week with this? I want to get started with running and this at the same time.
    Weekday off days or any time after the workout. But i wouldnt run 2 days in a row on the weekend, you need that 72 hours to recover for the next heavy session.

Hulkweiler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Completed Cycle 3 Test Day last night.

Passed everything except Bench Press. Devastated!

Got 11 and 3/4 reps on the second set - just couldn't get it quite high enough to rack it!

Oh well - I've resigned myself to repeating the weight, but really annoyed how close I got and then failed.

First time I've failed anything, so hoping to get another few cycles out of the program at least.

Is it usual to fail an exercise as soon as 3rd cycle?

mzimm15 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Shouldnt be missing reps till 11-12 rep weeks. If you are failing at 10 reps, you are cutting too deep, and long term that will lead to muscle loss. In that situation its better to up the nutrition and up the cardio, sometimes you just cant keep cutting calories.
    Recently I've cut back on a lot of the "extra" stuff I was doing. After I complete the AP routine I do the squat, bench, bor and op with at 115% for 3 reps as you suggested. So far the results are favorable and I don't seem to be failing as many lifts as I was in the past.

Currently I would like to add back in weighted chins but not sure how to go about this. After the AP and the extra 115% add on I'm pretty much shot and can only do about 15 BW chins. Should I do what I can do and stick with the BW chins or try to do the weighted chins at a different time?

I think what I'm trying to ask - is it more beneficial to progress with the AP program and do some bw chins or to keep trying to add in weighted chins?

Originally Posted by Hulkweiler View Post
    Completed Cycle 3 Test Day last night.

Passed everything except Bench Press. Devastated!

Got 11 and 3/4 reps on the second set - just couldn't get it quite high enough to rack it!

Oh well - I've resigned myself to repeating the weight, but really annoyed how close I got and then failed.

First time I've failed anything, so hoping to get another few cycles out of the program at least.

Is it usual to fail an exercise as soon as 3rd cycle?
    On light day of test week try 1 set of 10 using the 110% bench weight. If you get in all 10 you are gold for next cycle, else repeat with the old weight, you might even find you can up it 12-15% next cycle, if you are up 7.5% stronger now

Hulkweiler is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On light day of test week try 1 set of 10 using the 110% bench weight. If you get in all 10 you are gold for next cycle, else repeat with the old weight, you might even find you can up it 12-15% next cycle, if you are up 7.5% stronger now
    That's really good advice, thanks!

I was just going to repeat the weight, but of course if I can 10 rep max the new weight then I'm good to go!

Do you mean 7.5% stronger than when I started the program?

Originally Posted by Hulkweiler View Post
    That's really good advice, thanks!

I was just going to repeat the weight, but of course if I can 10 rep max the new weight then I'm good to go!

Do you mean 7.5% stronger than when I started the program?
    you almost got 12 reps, that means you are almost 10% stronger.

derf70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im am now on cycle 6 but seem to have ground to a halt. Stats as follows:

Male - 49
    Weight from 177 to 169lbs

Lifts (kg)
    Squat 57.5 - 87.5
    Bench 52.5 - 62.5
    BoR 52.5 - 67.5
    BB OH Press - 30-40
    SL Deadlift - 72.5 - 90

My weight overall has dropped 8lbs but I did gain and then release a bit in the summer. I am still cutting and got to the stage where I am struggling to even maintain my lifts. I reckon my bf is about 17% at the moment. My plan was to keep cutting until mid December then slow bulk.

Should I keep to this plan and not worry about performance or should I start eating more now to increase strength?

Thanks

maxfield92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rate

Hey guys, I have been working out for 3 months,can you rate my progress, do i look good
    https: //ibb.co/c3c3JWK

Originally Posted by derf70 View Post
    Im am now on cycle 6 but seem to have ground to a halt. Stats as follows:

Male - 49
    Weight from 177 to 169lbs

Lifts (kg)
    Squat 57.5 - 87.5
    Bench 52.5 - 62.5
    BoR 52.5 - 67.5
    BB OH Press - 30-40
    SL Deadlift - 72.5 - 90

My weight overall has dropped 8lbs but I did gain and then release a bit in the summer. I am still cutting and got to the stage where I am struggling to even maintain my lifts. I reckon my bf is about 17% at the moment. My plan was to keep cutting until mid December then slow bulk.

Should I keep to this plan and not worry about performance or should I start eating more now to increase strength?

Thanks
    You guys are killing me with these mixed units...

U R 76.5kg
    U R above 13%

That means your lifts are within about 5kg of graduating. So Id cut with the goal of never missing reps on week 3 (10 rep week). As long as you do that you can maintain lifts while going down in body fat. That is progression since you will be increasing your power to weight ratio.

Originally Posted by maxfield92 View Post
    Hey guys, I have been working out for 3 months,can you rate my progress, do i look good
    https: //ibb.co/c3c3JWK
    U look 12% "otter mode"

derf70 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You guys are killing me with these mixed units...

U R 76.5kg
    U R above 13%

That means your lifts are within about 5kg of graduating. So Id cut with the goal of never missing reps on week 3 (10 rep week). As long as you do that you can maintain lifts while going down in body fat. That is progression since you will be increasing your power to weight ratio.
    Sorry lol all my weights are in kg but I tend to count my weight in pounds even though my scales do kg.

That sounds good, I hadn’t thought of power to weight ratio before.

Thanks

Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    From boredom, I composed the next level of this program))

Day 1 (Monday)
    Squats warm up + 3x8-10 100%
    bench warm-up + 3x8-10 100%
    Bent Rows Warm Up + 3x8-10 90%
    Hanging Barbell Presses warm up + 3x8-10 80%
    Romanian Deadlifts Warm Up + 2x8-10 80%
    Biceps Curls warm-up + 3x10-12
    Calf Raises 3x15-20
    Abs

Day 2 (Wednesday)
    Hanging Barbell Presses warm up + 3x8-10 100%
    Romanian Deadlifts Warm Up + 3x8-10 100%
    Bench press warm Up + 3x8-10% 80%
    Bent Rows Warm Up + 3x8-10 80%
    Squats warm up + 2x8-10 80%
    Barbell Curls warm-up + 2x10-12
    Calf Raises 3x15-20
    Abs

Day 3 (Friday)
    Bent Rows Warm Up + 3x8-10 100%
    bench press warm-up + 3x8-10% 90%
    Squats warm up + 3x8-10 90%
    Hanging Barbell Presses warm up + 3x8-10 90%
    Romanian Deadlifts Warm Up + 2x8-10 90%
    Calf Raises 3x15-20
    Abs

Increasing the training load for 4 weeks,
    The 5th week is the deload, in all exercises only 2 work sets are carried out with weights of 80-90%.
    Last edited by Oleg1975K; 11-10-2019 at 07:15 AM.
    bench press 167.5 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    standing press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

Originally Posted by Oleg1975K View Post
    From boredom, he composed the next level of this program))

Day 1 (Monday)
    Squats warm up + 3x8-10 100%
    bench warm-up + 3x8-10 100%
    Bent Rows Warm Up + 3x8-10 90%
    Hanging Barbell Presses warm up + 3x8-10 80%
    Romanian Deadlifts Warm Up + 2x8-10 80%
    Calf Raises 3x15-20
    Abs

Day 2 (Wednesday)
    Hanging Barbell Presses warm up + 3x8-10 100%
    Romanian Deadlifts Warm Up + 3x8-10 100%
    Bench press warm Up + 3x8-10% 80%
    Bent Rows Warm Up + 3x8-10 80%
    Squats warm up + 2x8-10 80%
    Barbell Curls warm-up + 2x10-12
    Calf Raises 3x15-20
    Abs

Day 3 (Friday)
    Bent Rows Warm Up + 3x8-10 100%
    bench press warm-up + 3x8-10% 90%
    Squats warm up + 3x8-10 90%
    Hanging Barbell Presses warm up + 3x8-10 90%
    Romanian Deadlifts Warm Up + 2x8-10 90%
    Calf Raises 3x15-20
    Abs

Increasing the training load for 4 weeks,
    The 5th week is the deload, in all exercises only 2 work sets are carried out with weights of 80-90%.
    week 1) 8 reps
    week 2) 9 reps
    week 3) 10 reps
    week 4) ????

Or the accessories
    week 1) 10 reps
    week 2) 11 reps
    week 3) 12 reps
    week 4) ????

Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Oleg1975K has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    week 1) 8 reps
    week 2) 9 reps
    week 3) 10 reps
    week 4) ????

Or the accessories
    week 1) 10 reps
    week 2) 11 reps
    week 3) 12 reps
    week 4) ????
    Since this is the next stage (the test rabbits are already a little experienced), then there will be no rapid beginner progress.
    In fact, it can turn out something like this (approaches with the same weight after a special warm-up) -
    100% work
    Week 1 3x8,8,8
    Week 2 3x9,9,9
    Week 3 3x10,9,9
    Week 4 3x10,10,9
    Deload ...
    That is, the usual double progression, based on the current capabilities of the novice athlete.
    bench press 167.5 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    standing press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

Shadybaby316 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hey

Hello nightanole,
    I'm re joining this program after more than 2 years. About to start my first day of the program from tomorrow.

Overall objective is to lose fat and gain muslce.

I can recall that I was also following the diet with this program as well but I cannot really remember.

I know I have to be calorie deficiet overall however please correct me if I'm wrong as I understand I need to eat high protein diet on my workout days and low protein high carbs on my cardio days? Am I right?

Please give direction as I plan to follow the routine and overall objective is to loose fat and gain muscle.

My sequence would be following

Heavy set day
    Cardio day
    Medium set say
    Cardio day
    Light set day
    Rest
    Rest

Originally Posted by Shadybaby316 View Post
    Hello nightanole,
    I'm re joining this program after more than 2 years. About to start my first day of the program from tomorrow.

Overall objective is to lose fat and gain muslce.

I can recall that I was also following the diet with this program as well but I cannot really remember.

I know I have to be calorie deficiet overall however please correct me if I'm wrong as I understand I need to eat high protein diet on my workout days and low protein high carbs on my cardio days? Am I right?

Please give direction as I plan to follow the routine and overall objective is to loose fat and gain muscle.

My sequence would be following

Heavy set day
    Cardio day
    Medium set say
    Cardio day
    Light set day
    Rest
    Rest
    The starting diet for the average person 5.8-6.1 is 100g of fats/protein and 200-300g of carbs. It a hair over 2000 cals if you go with the 200g of carbs. That is about as low as you can get and still "perform", any other deficit needs to come from cardio etc.

"cardio" is "anything you can sustain for at least 45min, even if doing it in 20min bouts". And the recomended cardio for peak recovery is 3x10k jogs per week, about 3 45-60min brisk sessions. Running a bunch of sub 19min 5k's isnt the goal, we want to train your nutrient flushing system/glucose system that isnt taxed during the allpro workout. And if you run too fast, all you do is tax your glycogen stores, which are already depleted from the allpro workout.

So if recovery becomes and issue, switch cardio to any time after the allpro workout, instead of doing it on off days. And with the 1 hour 10k pace, you can do that for hours if you want. It used to be called the "oprah diet" because you could just sit in the recumbent bikes and watch day time television for a few hours a day. Now a days the kidos could get one of those fixed pedal machines under the desk and play fortnite...

Shadybaby316 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thanks

Thank you so much for quick response.

I just realized the 10 rep Mac link in the sticky post isn't working ? Can you share the new one?

Originally Posted by Shadybaby316 View Post
    Thank you so much for quick response.

I just realized the 10 rep Mac link in the sticky post isn't working ? Can you share the new one?
    Im surprised anything in OP works. Just start with 65-70% of your 1 rep max. It should be easy to test and calculate for 1 rep max, and then re roll for 10 rep.

Closed Thread
Page 261 of 290 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 ... LastLast