Page 250 of 264 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 260 ... LastLast
Results 7,471 to 7,500 of 7911
    polivoks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been lifting SLDL on 100kg for few months now (2 reps x 10 so far).
    On lower weight my form was ok but today been told i hunch my back bit too much.
    On lowering part its hard for me to place the weights down
    on floor without bending knees to keep back completely straight.
    If im not placing weights/bar on floor just holding them that is romanian deadlift?
    What is correct SLDL technique? Any video example?
    Would like to re-valuate how to fix this and where im doing it wrong?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by polivoks View Post
    Been lifting SLDL on 100kg for few months now (2 reps x 10 so far).
    On lower weight my form was ok but today been told i hunch my back bit too much.
    On lowering part its hard for me to place the weights down
    on floor without bending knees to keep back completely straight.
    If im not placing weights/bar on floor just holding them that is romanian deadlift?
    What is correct SLDL technique? Any video example?
    Would like to re-valuate how to fix this and where im doing it wrong?
    Dont have any videos right now, scot herman fitness does it correctly on you tube...

But

Start with normal deadlift lockout position
    slowly lower weight
    bend knees as much as you like as long as it doesnt cause hip drop
    continue lowering weight with a straight back till your hamstrings go tight(at this point the weight should be no where close to your shins, but more over your toes or more)
    immediately pull back hard and return to lockout position
    repleat

At no point should the weights touch the floor. Once you are flexible you will need to stand on a platform to make it a deficit lift.

Compare this to my definition of a RDL
    Start at normal deadlift lockout position
    slowly lower weight using normal deadlift form
    focus on loading hamstrings
    once weight is on the floor do not lose tension, and perform a normal deadlift

In my book an RDL is just an eccentric normal deadlift. Its beneficial since the normal deadlift does not have an eccentric phase.

turntables4000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Sure go for it. EIther start at your 65-70% of 1rm, or start with your 10 rep max. Then come back in 3 weeks wondering why your are missing reps on the second set, after all thats only 10 rep week it should be no problem
    Hmm okay that makes sense!

How long would i see progress with this routine? Id love to see before and after pics of people using this routine

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by turntables4000 View Post
    Hmm okay that makes sense!

How long would i see progress with this routine? Id love to see before and after pics of people using this routine
    The students you teach never come back showing they became functional members of society...

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...7445363&page=1

But as for "normal" results:
    BMI of 24 @13% bf
    10 reps of bw bench
    10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bw squats

If you just had a desk job and ate to maintain a bmi of under 27-28, figure you will gain about 10lbs of muscle on this program in 5-7 cycles.
    If you laid brick for a living, you might not gain much muscle, but become well rounded, and look good because you will have flexed abs on the job site.

GoldenDogs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just finished my first cycle with some low weights compared to the examples used and even tho I pass all the exercises but how do I add 10% to a 30 pound barbell curl for example?

The next barbell is 40 pounds which is probably too much so do I just stick with 30? Or should I jump up to higher weights?

Same question goes for a 50 lb stiff legged deadlift, round up to 60 or stay at 50?

And I only squat 20 pounds, if it's that low should I just stay at 20? And then when would I move up to 25 or 30

turntables4000 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The students you teach never come back showing they became functional members of society...

But as for "normal" results:
    BMI of 24 @13% bf
    10 reps of bw bench
    10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bw squats

If you just had a desk job and ate to maintain a bmi of under 27-28, figure you will gain about 10lbs of muscle on this program in 5-7 cycles.
    If you laid brick for a living, you might not gain much muscle, but become well rounded, and look good because you will have flexed abs on the job site.
    Thanks luv

I actually already started lifting a month ago. I did the phrak's greyskull lp routine. Im thinking of switching cause i want more volume and i just really wanna get big and not necessarily stronger. Yeah i know they go hand in hand but idk

Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kxer0 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hurt myself last Wednesday (landed hard on my back playing football... starting to think it isn't a good idea to play) and had to rest for the past week. The impact gave me a big contussion on my back and a pinched nerve from which I'm still suffering.

I had just started Cycle 1-Week 1 (was planning to do the medium workout after football), so I'm guessing I should just reset the cycle and start from scratch (which I'm fine with)

My question is, should I lower my base weights? (2 weeks without lifting (1 week of just laying in bed) surely has affected my strength, right?)

I would rather not go through the process of recalculating my 10RM since it'd delay the start of the cycle even longer.

Originally Posted by Kxer0 View Post
    I hurt myself last Wednesday (landed hard on my back playing football... starting to think it isn't a good idea to play) and had to rest for the past week. The impact gave me a big contussion on my back and a pinched nerve from which I'm still suffering.

I had just started Cycle 1-Week 1 (was planning to do the medium workout after football), so I'm guessing I should just reset the cycle and start from scratch (which I'm fine with)

My question is, should I lower my base weights? (2 weeks without lifting (1 week of just laying in bed) surely has affected my strength, right?)

I would rather not go through the process of recalculating my 10RM since it'd delay the start of the cycle even longer.
    I tell people who come back from a long vacation or illness, to just start with a 7 or even 6 rep week(to extend the cycle to 6-7 weeks) to get back into the groove. As long as you are working with 8 reps or less you wont accumulating fatigue.

Originally Posted by GoldenDogs View Post
    I just finished my first cycle with some low weights compared to the examples used and even tho I pass all the exercises but how do I add 10% to a 30 pound barbell curl for example?

The next barbell is 40 pounds which is probably too much so do I just stick with 30? Or should I jump up to higher weights?

Same question goes for a 50 lb stiff legged deadlift, round up to 60 or stay at 50?

And I only squat 20 pounds, if it's that low should I just stay at 20? And then when would I move up to 25 or 30
    10% is the min bump for the pattern to work, you can go over if you think you can progress faster.

If you are really stuck with those weights and can not bring in some diy change weights so you can move up/down 5lbs, i would just switch to auto regulated. This way even if you bump from 30 to 40, you just start off with 4-5 reps instead of 8 and it takes longer to complete a cycle:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1376160513

Tomina0309 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hy guys,

from september I will start on second mass program.

First program I had from January 2019. to middle of April 2019 - 12 weeks.

And I gained solid mass but with lot of fat, because I was eated to much (I was weighted food after cookind, not before)

But ok, I lost most of fat from april till now (combination of Power Lift traning with hypetrophy), and when this season of cutting end's, in september I will do new mass program.

My program is based on 3x week full body trainig.

Is this above good or is to much of volume?

Similar program I had in first mass period, and it works great to me.

31 year, now 83 kg, 176 cm.

RM test before 2 weeks:

- deadlift - 2x180 kg
    - bench press - 1x113 kg
    - squat - 1x150 kg

Here is program:

Day 1:
    Deadlift - 4x8-12
    Barbell Seated Calf Raises, 3x 10-5-5¸
    Donkey Calf Raises, 3x 30-50
    Standing Calf Raises, 10x 10-30
    Pull-up - 4x8-12
    Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions - 3x8-12
    Dumbbell chest flyes, 3x8-12
    Barbell Curl, 3x 8-12
    Hanging Leg Raise, 3x 8-12

Day 2:
    Bench press, 4x8-12
    Barbell Bent Over Row, 4x8-12
    Barbell forward lunge, 3x8-12
    Triple Drop Standing Calf Raises 3x 10-10-10
    Behind the Neck Overhead Press, 3x8-12
    Tehnika 21, 3x7-7-7
    Straight leg barbell sit up, 3x 8-12

Day 3:
    Barbell Squat, 4x8-12
    Dips, 4x8-12
    Millitary press, 3x8-12
    Bent-over dumbbell row, 4x8-12
    Hammer curl, 3x8-12
    Plank, 3x90 seconds

As you see, I have much volume for calf's, chest, back and legs.

Originally Posted by Tomina0309 View Post
    Hy guys,

from september I will start on second mass program.

First program I had from January 2019. to middle of April 2019 - 12 weeks.

And I gained solid mass but with lot of fat, because I was eated to much (I was weighted food after cookind, not before)

But ok, I lost most of fat from april till now (combination of Power Lift traning with hypetrophy), and when this season of cutting end's, in september I will do new mass program.

My program is based on 3x week full body trainig.

Is this above good or is to much of volume?

Similar program I had in first mass period, and it works great to me.

31 year, now 83 kg, 176 cm.

RM test before 2 weeks:

- deadlift - 2x180 kg
    - bench press - 1x113 kg
    - squat - 1x150 kg

Here is program:

Day 1:
    Deadlift - 4x8-12
    Barbell Seated Calf Raises, 3x 10-5-5¸
    Donkey Calf Raises, 3x 30-50
    Standing Calf Raises, 10x 10-30
    Pull-up - 4x8-12
    Barbell Lying Tricep Extensions - 3x8-12
    Dumbbell chest flyes, 3x8-12
    Barbell Curl, 3x 8-12
    Hanging Leg Raise, 3x 8-12

Day 2:
    Bench press, 4x8-12
    Barbell Bent Over Row, 4x8-12
    Barbell forward lunge, 3x8-12
    Triple Drop Standing Calf Raises 3x 10-10-10
    Behind the Neck Overhead Press, 3x8-12
    Tehnika 21, 3x7-7-7
    Straight leg barbell sit up, 3x 8-12

Day 3:
    Barbell Squat, 4x8-12
    Dips, 4x8-12
    Millitary press, 3x8-12
    Bent-over dumbbell row, 4x8-12
    Hammer curl, 3x8-12
    Plank, 3x90 seconds

As you see, I have much volume for calf's, chest, back and legs.
    Start new thread, you will get alot more responses vs asking it in a dedicated thread for 1 program.

bavinck is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Any tips on how to keep track of the progression of this program in the gym? I am finding the mental math required to figure out how much weight to use for each day is more a struggle than I want in the gym.

NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bavinck View Post
    Any tips on how to keep track of the progression of this program in the gym? I am finding the mental math required to figure out how much weight to use for each day is more a struggle than I want in the gym.
    What do you mean?

You work with the same weight for 5 week cycles - there is no math to worry about until you make the 10% increase in weight after 12 rep test week.

Just write your heavy, medium and light weights on a piece of paper - take that to the gym. Change it every 5 weeks.

It really doesn't get much simpler than that.

Originally Posted by NearlyBigAngus View Post
    What do you mean?

You work with the same weight for 5 week cycles - there is no math to worry about until you make the 10% increase in weight after 12 rep test week.

Just write your heavy, medium and light weights on a piece of paper - take that to the gym. Change it every 5 weeks.

Yup, no argument. I've been doing that with my phone. Maybe it seems a bit overwhelming as I am still getting use to the gym atmosphere and learning good form. I just don't know what I don't know!

Originally Posted by NearlyBigAngus View Post
    What do you mean?

Oh it gets even simpler if you use 10% bumps.

Then next cycle you add 10% to heavy day, but now weds is last cycles heavy day, and friday is last cycles medium day. So you only have to calculate 1 new working weight

GenerationZero is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I am finding the mental math required to figure out how much weight to use for each day is more a struggle than I want in the gym.
    Use excel if you're trying to figure out how much weight you need to lift for each session, create 4 columns (Name of Exercise, Working weight, Wednesday's weight 10% off, Friday's weight 20% off)

Working weight (Under the title column of course) = Would be the figure you will lift on Monday (Heavy day)

So following the above columns, in column C,2 enter =B2*0.9 (B,2 is the column under your working weight for that exercise)
    In column D,2 enter =B2*0.8

Now when you enter the value in the Working Weight column, you will see the relevant amount you need to lift.
    Last edited by GenerationZero; 07-19-2019 at 05:13 AM.

So i took 100 cals off on Monday to see what happens with my weight at the end of this cycle (in 2 weeks). I did this mainly due to a holiday coming up. So when i go, I'll be on my 10 rep week of my next cycle (hoping to increase weight on all lifts by 10% in 2 weeks, except bench which is slow progression).

So whilst abroad, the hotel does have a gym but from past experience they usually have some machines and not free barbell weights.

1. I think i can use some dumbbells for most exercises (I'll keep a lookout for any machines where possible, but feel i may target the wrong muscles). My only concern with dumbbells is they arent always heavy enough for most exercises so do i adjust this by adding an extra set or two?

2. When back at home, i feel i have restart from low weights and give myself a couple of weeks to re-adjust to the weight i was lifting prior to the holiday - any advice on how i could calculate what weight to start with when back as i think i would fail on heavy day 8 rep until im used to it again.

3. As for the diet, if in 3 weeks i see some pounds coming off then it means i have to stick with 1600 cals a day to lose weight (unless like you said my performance deteriorates on 10 rep week), however on holiday diets arent always on par lol, so do you reckon i should take advantage of increasing my calories for a couple of weeks to "reset" my metabolism? In short i would like to take this opportunity to "test" any scenarios out (i did get to 165lbs a couple of years ago on 1800 cals). My goal would still be to lose body fat, but dont mind a little risk for a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by GenerationZero View Post
    So i took 100 cals off on Monday to see what happens with my weight at the end of this cycle (in 2 weeks). I did this mainly due to a holiday coming up. So when i go, I'll be on my 10 rep week of my next cycle (hoping to increase weight on all lifts by 10% in 2 weeks, except bench which is slow progression).

So whilst abroad, the hotel does have a gym but from past experience they usually have some machines and not free barbell weights.

1. I think i can use some dumbbells for most exercises (I'll keep a lookout for any machines where possible, but feel i may target the wrong muscles). My only concern with dumbbells is they arent always heavy enough for most exercises so do i adjust this by adding an extra set or two?

2. When back at home, i feel i have restart from low weights and give myself a couple of weeks to re-adjust to the weight i was lifting prior to the holiday - any advice on how i could calculate what weight to start with when back as i think i would fail on heavy day 8 rep until im used to it again.

3. As for the diet, if in 3 weeks i see some pounds coming off then it means i have to stick with 1600 cals a day to lose weight (unless like you said my performance deteriorates on 10 rep week), however on holiday diets arent always on par lol, so do you reckon i should take advantage of increasing my calories for a couple of weeks to "reset" my metabolism? In short i would like to take this opportunity to "test" any scenarios out (i did get to 165lbs a couple of years ago on 1800 cals). My goal would still be to lose body fat, but dont mind a little risk for a couple of weeks.
    1) enjoy your 2 weeks off, i wouldnt do any training, anything below 50% of your 1rm isnt going to do much anyway

2)When you get back, start at either 6 or 7 reps, to create at 6-7 week cycle. If you are on auto regulated it will take care of itself. If you are on novice start with 1-2 weeks of 3 reps.

3) You dont reset anything, Your body will do its best to not gain / lose weight. If you increase your calories a bit, you will have more energy which will cause some of the extra to burn off. I really wouldnt worry about it. And im still going to point out that you need to increase your cardio, you cant just create a caloric deficit. On top of that you need to focus on inches(or centimeters) because at some point you will be putting on muscle, so you may never get to 165lbs, because you have 10-15lbs of muscle and water weight. id start monitoring with a tape and caliper and just "weight" as a process indicator.

1) enjoy your 2 weeks off, i wouldnt do any training, anything below 50% of your 1rm isnt going to do much anyway

2)When you get back, start at either 6 or 7 reps, to create at 6-7 week cycle. If you are on auto regulated it will take care of itself. If you are on novice start with 1-2 weeks of 3 reps.

3) You dont reset anything, Your body will do its best to not gain / lose weight. If you increase your calories a bit, you will have more energy which will cause some of the extra to burn off. I really wouldnt worry about it. And im still going to point out that you need to increase your cardio, you cant just create a caloric deficit. On top of that you need to focus on inches(or centimeters) because at some point you will be putting on muscle, so you may never get to 165lbs, because you have 10-15lbs of muscle and water weight. id start monitoring with a tape and caliper and just "weight" as a process indicator.
    Thanks and point taken. I do cardio 2 times a week which consists of a 20 min walk at 4.5-5.0 miles per hour (around 1.5 miles for one session done on my day off) probably not enough. I know i dont enjoy cardio a lot so i am looking into the GPP you suggested and trying to cook up a plan to do on my days off, so it doesnt eat into my progress, unless theres already one out there? Following this i will increase by 100 cals and try again?

I also have tried the calipers and measuring tape but nothing has changed for months which is why i dropped some cals, however i'm certain i have added more muscle, perhaps im being impatient. Cheers

Thanks and point taken. I do cardio 2 times a week which consists of a 20 min walk at 4.5-5.0 miles per hour (around 1.5 miles for one session done on my day off) probably not enough. I know i dont enjoy cardio a lot so i am looking into the GPP you suggested and trying to cook up a plan to do on my days off, so it doesnt eat into my progress, unless theres already one out there? Following this i will increase by 100 cals and try again?

I also have tried the calipers and measuring tape but nothing has changed for months which is why i dropped some cals, however i'm certain i have added more muscle, perhaps im being impatient. Cheers
    Loaded back packs are your friend. As long as you have 1 foot on the ground at all times (aka not jogging) ive had people put 180lbs (4 plates) in a pack for the power walk. This will also be recommended if you start going into GPP work. If the 300lb lard arse can walk the 5 mile, you can too.

But i look at it a different way, 1600 cals is not going to support a 200lb squat working weight.

Okay wise lifters,
    I am getting a click and/or popping sound and feel in the shoulder at the top of my upright row motion. I've opted for UR as I wanted to work as many muscles as possible, rather than the bicept curl. Should I stop using this lift? If so, should I just go with the BC as specified in the program or another lift?

Loaded back packs are your friend. As long as you have 1 foot on the ground at all times (aka not jogging) ive had people put 180lbs (4 plates) in a pack for the power walk. This will also be recommended if you start going into GPP work. If the 300lb lard arse can walk the 5 mile, you can too.

But i look at it a different way, 1600 cals is not going to support a 200lb squat working weight.
    This sounds better, so if I start with 20kg in a backpack at 3.5mph speed for 20mins, twice a week would this be enough? Or if you can give me the ratio to apply I can follow that as 3.5 might be slow or I can reduce the time? Or weekly target in this manner?

This sounds better, so if I start with 20kg in a backpack at 3.5mph speed for 20mins, twice a week would this be enough? Or if you can give me the ratio to apply I can follow that as 3.5 might be slow or I can reduce the time? Or weekly target in this manner?
    Generally its distance, not time. So the recommended cardio is 30k a week distance that takes at least 2.5 hours. We are not looking for sub 18min 5k runs. So you can adjust from there. If you are limited to 1 hour of cardio a week, just keep loading up the back pack and not reducing distance. We need to increase calories burnt via the backpack since you are limited on time.

Okay wise lifters,
    I am getting a click and/or popping sound and feel in the shoulder at the top of my upright row motion. I've opted for UR as I wanted to work as many muscles as possible, rather than the bicept curl. Should I stop using this lift? If so, should I just go with the BC as specified in the program or another lift?
    Lets see how your form is.

at the top of the movement your elblows should be parallel with your shoulders, you should not be able to go higher. If you can go higher you need it increase your grip width on the bar. So the farther your hands are away from each other, the lower the stopping point.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING THE ELBOWS TO EARS VERSION.

Lets see how your form is.

at the top of the movement your elblows should be parallel with your shoulders, you should not be able to go higher. If you can go higher you need it increase your grip width on the bar. So the farther your hands are away from each other, the lower the stopping point.

YOU SHOULD NOT BE DOING THE ELBOWS TO EARS VERSION.
    I am using dumbbells. Elbows to ear is about as high as I can go. Pretty sure that is as high as I am going. Should mu palms be facing the floor?

Generally its distance, not time. So the recommended cardio is 30k a week distance that takes at least 2.5 hours. We are not looking for sub 18min 5k runs. So you can adjust from there. If you are limited to 1 hour of cardio a week, just keep loading up the back pack and not reducing distance. We need to increase calories burnt via the backpack since you are limited on time.
    30K = 18 miles approx, im currently doing 1.5 in 20 mins, twice a week, so 3 miles a week at present.

So if i increase this to 1 hour a week in total how many KGs should i be having in my backpack for this to be effective?

I am using dumbbells. Elbows to ear is about as high as I can go. Pretty sure that is as high as I am going. Should mu palms be facing the floor?
    Again, you dont want elbows to ears, you want elbows to shoulders. Going above the shoulder line is bad and is what gives the upright row a bad name.

uhh palms should be perpendicular with the floor.

Correct form:
    https://www.skimble.com/exercises/20...to-do-exercise

OMFG my shoulders hurt just looking at it form:
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/health-a...he-upright-row

30K = 18 miles approx, im currently doing 1.5 in 20 mins, twice a week, so 3 miles a week at present.

So if i increase this to 1 hour a week in total how many KGs should i be having in my backpack for this to be effective?

How about we shoot for 25min 5k power walks. If you can walk faster than that, add weight.

Okay, thanks for the help. Basically I should have a straight line from elbow to elbow?

I check that link for form and I am not pulling my elbows up too high.

Okay, thanks for the help. Basically I should have a straight line from elbow to elbow?
    yes