Closed Thread
Page 234 of 290 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 ... LastLast
Results 6,991 to 7,020 of 8698
    Anonymoussss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Anonymoussss4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I was reading the FAQ and didn’t notice anything on what to do on days you don’t train.

Vyprath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    I posted a few links in the last page of which muscles are used/targeted by the lateral raise. What your describing is not one of them. Sounds like a front delt, which gets hit by all sorts of allpro lifts, thats why front delt work is never required.

id take at least 48 hours off, and then restart the cycle at 8 reps. If its a strain, you are gold and it should heal in 24-48 hours. If its a tear, there should be some discoloration from the bleed. If its a connetive tissue strain, my god have mercy on your soul.
    Pain seems to be gone now.

What’s your two cents about lifting straps, considering getting them for the bor and SLDL but am worried it will prevent me from growing my forearms.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Vyprath View Post
    Pain seems to be gone now.

What’s your two cents about lifting straps, considering getting them for the bor and SLDL but am worried it will prevent me from growing my forearms.
    "wraps", not straps. Wraps will allow you to grip harder/ hold longer, because it gives the muscles something to push against, a bit. Id only be doing straps for something like chinups or some other accessory at the end of the workout.

"wraps", not straps. Wraps will allow you to grip harder/ hold longer, because it gives the muscles something to push against, a bit. Id only be doing straps for something like chinups or some other accessory at the end of the workout.
    So would I be correct saying that if I used straps I would get very little forearm activation and less growth?

Just to clarify
    Lifting straps go around your wrist and around the bar for a better grip right?
    And wrist wraps just go around your wrist mainly for support and to keep them straight for pushing exercises?
    Last edited by Vyprath; 03-09-2019 at 05:35 AM.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So would I be correct saying that if I used straps I would get very little forearm activation and less growth?

Just to clarify
    Lifting straps go around your wrist and around the bar for a better grip right?
    And wrist wraps just go around your wrist mainly for support and to keep them straight for pushing exercises?
    Yup very little growth for the hypertrophy phase. Straps are for accessories after you have done your big heavy compounds. So like i said you could use them for chinups or farmer carries. Or if you had a deadlift in the program, you could switch it up and deadlift with straps to get in higher reps, but then do the farmer carries without straps.

Yea straps are non stretch and loop around the wrist and equalize the torque on the bar to keep it from rolling out of your hands.

wraps are stretch and wrap many layers around just the wrist. They "stabilize" the wrist in pulling, and can provide some support in certain variants of squats/pushes. My wrists are shot from childhood injuries, so i will wrap up from time to time when my connective tissue starts acting up. They keep my wrist from separating/expanding.

Klonex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Red face

Hi, sorry for my english. I have some question:
    1. Suppose that I'm lifting 50kg in each exercise and first week.
    So I start with:
    Squats - 8 reps of 12,5kg / 8 reps of 25kg / 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Bench Presses - 8 reps of 12,5kg / 8 reps of 25kg / 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Bent-Over Rows - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Barbell Curls - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Calf Raises - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    is this right?
    Because you wrote then:
    "The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps..."
    And I got confused with that "4 sets".
    I'm so embarassing about this question but I have to do it because I want to start with the right leg hahaha.

2. Also, if I'm in deficit (400 cal less) it'll be worst like loose strength?
    I have 19% fat and I want to cut, but don't wanna lose strength and want to lift more weight even.

3. Another supposition. I've finished my cycle but in Overhead Barbell Presses and Barbell Curls I failed
    I have to add 10% to the others excerise, and repeat the weight with Overhead Barbell Presses and Barbell Curls
    Or just do again all the cycle with the same weight, even the exercise you did successfully?

You re amazing. Thank u for this awesome routine!
    Last edited by Klonex; 03-09-2019 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Another question

Originally Posted by Klonex View Post
    Hi, sorry for my english. I have some question:
    1. Suppose that I'm lifting 50kg in each exercise and first week.
    So I start with:
    Squats - 8 reps of 12,5kg / 8 reps of 25kg / 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Bench Presses - 8 reps of 12,5kg / 8 reps of 25kg / 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Bent-Over Rows - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Overhead Barbell Presses - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Stiff-Legged Deadlifts - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Barbell Curls - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    Calf Raises - 8 reps of 50kg / 8 reps of 50kg
    is this right?
    Because you wrote then:
    "The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
    The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps..."
    And I got confused with that "4 sets".
    I'm so embarassing about this question but I have to do it because I want to start with the right leg hahaha.

2. Also, if I'm in deficit (400 cal less) it'll be worst like loose strength?
    I have 19% fat and I want to cut, but don't wanna lose strength and want to lift more weight even.

3. Another supposition. I've finished my cycle but in Overhead Barbell Presses and Barbell Curls I failed
    I have to add 10% to the others excerise, and repeat the weight with Overhead Barbell Presses and Barbell Curls
    Or just do again all the cycle with the same weight, even the exercise you did successfully?

You re amazing. Thank u for this awesome routine!
    FAQ
    Question 1: So how many sets am I doing exactly?
    Answer: You are doing exactly 2 work-sets for each exercise. In addition, you are doing 2 warm-up sets for the first three exercises only (Squats, Bench Press and Bent Over Rows) - the remaining four exercises do not require warm-ups, however you can do them if you feel the need to. Here is a blue-print for all the sets you should be doing, in that order:

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set

2) First goal is to cut to 13% while learning the lifts. The cutting diet is 100g of fats/protein and 200-300g of carbs. Recommended cardio is 3 10k jogs per week, or 2.5 hours of low intensity steady state cardio.

3) You repeat with the same weight for the lifts you failed. The lifts you pass you add at least 10%, some people can add 15-25% if they started light.

Klonex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    FAQ
    Question 1: So how many sets am I doing exactly?
    Answer: You are doing exactly 2 work-sets for each exercise. In addition, you are doing 2 warm-up sets for the first three exercises only (Squats, Bench Press and Bent Over Rows) - the remaining four exercises do not require warm-ups, however you can do them if you feel the need to. Here is a blue-print for all the sets you should be doing, in that order:

Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set

2) First goal is to cut to 13% while learning the lifts. The cutting diet is 100g of fats/protein and 200-300g of carbs. Recommended cardio is 3 10k jogs per week, or 2.5 hours of low intensity steady state cardio.

3) You repeat with the same weight for the lifts you failed. The lifts you pass you add at least 10%, some people can add 15-25% if they started light.
    1- Thank u a lot. Sorry for this question but I wanted to be sure.

2- I'm 18 years old, 180cm, 76kg and 19% fat. My real problem is my pectorals, idk if it's ginecomastia or fat, that is why I so desperate to get normal pectorals :'(

3- Thank you

Should I be doing this routine if im on a bulk and not cutting? I imagine its not a problem just wondering.

Should I be doing this routine if im on a bulk and not cutting? I imagine its not a problem just wondering.
    Deep cut = never passing, but always getting in 10 reps on week 3
    Normal cut = passing every other test day
    Light bulk = passing every test day and adding 10%
    strong bulk = passing every test day and adding 15-25%
    recomp = i look the same, i weigh the same, and my lifts only went up 20% in 5 cycles, this program sux
    i dont like to read and started with the bar and added exactly 10% = the internet was right, this program is too slow and i wasted my time.

XanderC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was running the Fierce 5 program but ended up hurting my back through other means. I had to lay off for a few weeks and I am looking to get back to the gym. I am a 19 year old male, weight 290 lbs, 5'9", high body fate percentage (i think high 20s), would this program work for me to cut? I know its a question that is asked over and over, but I am afraid to waste my time. I would also be running this in the early morning so I don't have an excuse not too after work.

Originally Posted by XanderC View Post
    I was running the Fierce 5 program but ended up hurting my back through other means. I had to lay off for a few weeks and I am looking to get back to the gym. I am a 19 year old male, weight 290 lbs, 5'9", high body fate percentage (i think high 20s), would this program work for me to cut? I know its a question that is asked over and over, but I am afraid to waste my time. I would also be running this in the early morning so I don't have an excuse not too after work.
    Yup, its a body building routine, not hypertrophy nor "football" routine. So its designed so you can run it on a cut unaltered, and then increase progression when you switch to bulking.

So the goal on allpro is to get to 13% bf(flexed abs but smooth when relaxed) while learning the lifts, this is normally bmi 22-24 for most people. Once you hit 13% you slow bulk to bmi 25-26, and then spend 6-8 weeks cutting off the baby fat. That should leave you at bmi 24-25, and the ability to bench 10 reps of bw bench, and 10 reps of 1.25-1.5x bw squat, while at 13%.

Recommended starting diet is 100g of fats/protein, and 200-300g of carbs. Recommended weekly cardio is 3x10k jogs, or "something" you can do for 45min with out resting, 3x a week. These are the mins required to "perform", you odds are you will need to increase the cardio if the min diet is not enough of a caloric deficit. And odds are the min diet will not be enough to "perform" and maintain bmi 24 towards the end of the program.

Deep cut = never passing, but always getting in 10 reps on week 3
    Normal cut = passing every other test day
    Light bulk = passing every test day and adding 10%
    strong bulk = passing every test day and adding 15-25%
    recomp = i look the same, i weigh the same, and my lifts only went up 20% in 5 cycles, this program sux
    i dont like to read and started with the bar and added exactly 10% = the internet was right, this program is too slow and i wasted my time.
    Well I’m on a lightish bulk and kind of struggle to pass test days, I’m pretty sure though it’s because of my thyroid problem which regulates energy and much more.

What percentage should my lifts be of each other, like ohp should be 50% of bench or something

Another question to ask. Assuming I am bulking and doing everything correctly, would I gain more muscle on a 5x a day 2x muscle pet week split or all pro for 6 months?
    Last edited by Vyprath; 03-12-2019 at 05:26 AM.

sabbyroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Recommended starting diet is 100g of fats/protein, and 200-300g of carbs. Recommended weekly cardio is 3x10k jogs, or "something" you can do for 45min with out resting, 3x a week. These are the mins required to "perform"
    Hey nightanole,

I have a couple questions that hopefully you can clarify. I have read and re read All Pros program as well as the FAQ probably ten times over. In it it states

"it is best that you do not overdo your cardio on this routine, since it can get you fatigued enough to hamper your performance in the gym. Two 30 minute jogging sessions (moderate heart rate or HIIT) per week should be enough. Do any cardio you want to do on rest days."

Right there it says to not overdo it on cardio, to only do two thirty minute jogging sessions per week, and then it states do any cardio you want on rest days. Isn't that stating the complete opposite?

Then you tell Xander that the recommended weekly cardio is 3x10k jogs, or "something" you can do for 45min with out resting, 3x a week. Isn't that more than the two thirty minute jogging sessions stated in the FAQ?

I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just want to make sure that I'm doing this program correctly as I'm currently in week two of my first cycle cutting. Everywhere on this forum says to get your minimum protein and fat, and stay under your daily calories when cutting. 100g of protein is only 0.5g/lb for me?

Currently:

I'm 5'11" 190lbs 20-24% BF
    TDEE:2700-2800
    Cals Eating: 2200
    0.8-1.0g Protein/0.4g Fat and the rest usually carbs.

I'm doing All Pros routine on M W F and following each session with a 20 minute jog that equals 60 minutes (Two 30 minute jogs weekly like the FAQ said). Every other day of the week is complete rest.

Is what I'm doing okay? Could I be doing more cardio on my rest days to help or do you think it may over work me?

Thanks in advance for the help and clarification.
    Last edited by sabbyroc; 03-12-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Originally Posted by sabbyroc View Post
    Hey nightanole,

I have a couple questions that hopefully you can clarify. I have read and re read All Pros program as well as the FAQ probably ten times over. In it it states

"it is best that you do not overdo your cardio on this routine, since it can get you fatigued enough to hamper your performance in the gym. Two 30 minute jogging sessions (moderate heart rate or HIIT) per week should be enough. Do any cardio you want to do on rest days."

Right there it says to not overdo it on cardio, to only do two thirty minute jogging sessions per week, and then it states do any cardio you want on rest days. Isn't that stating the complete opposite?

Then you tell Xander that the recommended weekly cardio is 3x10k jogs, or "something" you can do for 45min with out resting, 3x a week. Isn't that more than the two thirty minute jogging sessions stated in the FAQ?

I'm not saying that you're wrong, I just want to make sure that I'm doing this program correctly as I'm currently in week two of my first cycle cutting. Everywhere on this forum says to get your minimum protein and fat, and stay under your daily calories when cutting. 100g of protein is only 0.5g/lb for me?

Currently:

I'm 5'11" 190lbs 20-24% BF
    TDEE:2700-2800
    Cals Eating: 2200
    0.8-1.0g Protein/0.4g Fat and the rest usually carbs.

I'm doing All Pros routine on M W F and following each session with a 20 minute jog that equals 60 minutes (Two 30 minute jogs weekly like the FAQ said). Every other day of the week is complete rest.

Is what I'm doing okay? Could I be doing more cardio on my rest days to help or do you think it may over work me?

Thanks in advance for the help and clarification.
    We have tweaked the program a bit over the years.

Yes 2 30min session of HIIT is more than enough. In fact ANY HIIT on the program may over do it. However low intensity steady state cardio, you can do as much as you want. This is why i recommended "something" with a 45min sustainable pace. HIIT or a sub 17min 5k run, is going to reduce recovery a lot more vs brisk walking(defined as, as fast as you can go while always having 1 foot on the ground) or a 10k jog. These things will increase recovery, and recovery between sets when doing the program.

With enough calories, you can deliver mail (yes foot mail men need 4000-5000 cals a day just to maintain weight) or distance run or distance bike. These things do not tax the muscle recovery system, they tax the cardiovascular system.

As for your protein "problem", swing that around. College athletes are recommended to eat "up to" 1g per 1kg for protein, to maintain top "performance". 1g per pound is for body builders during show prep when they have unsustainable body fat percentages.

The other " you need 1g per pound" comes from studying the diets of top body builders and pro athletes, and applying ratios, then scaling it down. "The rock" cuts on 4000 calories. His normal diet to maintain 240lbs, is 5000-6000 calories. Try to find any whole food diet that has 5000-6000 that wouldnt have less than 300-400g of protein. Its impossible. Even 6000 calories of oats or pasta would have it. SO the broscientists then just cut the calories in half for mere mortals, and say you need 3000 calories and 200g of protein. Or 2000 calories and 150g of protein.

Humans can make "most" of their protein just fine out of carbs. However protein is a the worst/hardest energy source for humans to burn vs carbs or fat. So if you eat 1g per pound on a low calorie diet, you will have low energy levels/performance/recovery.

Human muscle is about 130g of protein per pound, much like most lean cuts of meat. So how much "extra" protein do you think you need each month to gain 1lb of muscle?

I can’t do a single pull up at the moment (overhand). Will increasing my strength in BOR and Chin up reps be enough to allow me to do pull ups over time?

We have tweaked the program a bit over the years.
    I really appreciate the in depth clarification on my question! Thanks!

I will begin incorporating a bit more jogging into my routine on my rest days. I will also hold off on HIIT for this cycle, just because I don't want it to possible hurt my lifts.

As for protein, what you're saying make a lot of sense, but it definitely doesn't seem to be popular opinion on this forum. The many folks who don't seem to agree with you have the body I want. Is the "lower" protein intake due to cutting or would a lower protein intake be your same recommendation when bulking? I'm willing to try it it out though for the rest of this cycle and see how I do on more carbs, and less protein.

Thanks again for response!

I can’t do a single pull up at the moment (overhand). Will increasing my strength in BOR and Chin up reps be enough to allow me to do pull ups over time?
    Volume Pullups are not recommended unless you are doing under hand rows. But yes once you can start rowing 2/3/ - 3/4 bw for 10 reps, you will be able to pound out a few pullups. Once you can do 2 chinups, you can start doing grease the groove and do 1 chinup an hour all day long every day. That will get you to 2 pullups easy, and then you can switch/alternate and start doing 1 pullup an hour.

Originally Posted by sabbyroc View Post
    I really appreciate the in depth clarification on my question! Thanks!

I will begin incorporating a bit more jogging into my routine on my rest days. I will also hold off on HIIT for this cycle, just because I don't want it to possible hurt my lifts.

As for protein, what you're saying make a lot of sense, but it definitely doesn't seem to be popular opinion on this forum. The many folks who don't seem to agree with you have the body I want. Is the "lower" protein intake due to cutting or would a lower protein intake be your same recommendation when bulking? I'm willing to try it it out though for the rest of this cycle and see how I do on more carbs, and less protein.

Thanks again for response!
    Im betting that the people who have the body weight and "look" that you want, do not have a TDEE of 2000-2500. Odds are they may even be cutting at 3000 calories. So again this goes back to my main point, you can not just scale down their diet. My recommended diet is the mins to perform, if you can cut at 2400-2500 cals, or dont need to cut, then instead of 200-300g of carbs, you can do 200g of carbs, and use that 100g of leeway and put it into protein and bring it up to 200g. However we are talking about food here, so if you up carbs from 200g to 300g, whats the odds of you finding a magic carb source that doesnt have 20-30g of protein mix in, what are you going to just down dextrose? so by upping the carbs to 300, you also upped the protein to say 125g, and if that is still within your TDEE allowance, you are gold. In other news, human muscle needs 65 calories per pound, so if you gain 10lbs in your first year, you now have to eat an additional 650 calories per day to maintain. Now its starting to click with "the look" you want, if the lookers have 20lbs of extra muscle, they need to eat 1300 calories more than you, just to maintain weight.

I hope this explains "the mins".

I hope this explains "the mins".
    Thanks again!

My TDEE is 2700-2800, and I eat about 2100-2300 calories a day. Started the All Pro program at 192lbs two weeks ago and have consistently weighed about 189lbs everyday this week. So the 1-1.5lbs fat loss per week is working for me at this calorie range and going forward I will adjust my macros to be more aligned with your explanation.

But to be clear, yes this completely cleared it up for me! If I could rep you I would (I dont even know what that even means, but I see guys reppin each other when they are happy lol)

Volume Pullups are not recommended unless you are doing under hand rows. But yes once you can start rowing 2/3/ - 3/4 bw for 10 reps, you will be able to pound out a few pullups. Once you can do 2 chinups, you can start doing grease the groove and do 1 chinup an hour all day long every day. That will get you to 2 pullups easy, and then you can switch/alternate and start doing 1 pullup an hour.
    Well I can do like 4 chinups atm 5 on a good day, is there any other way besides the grease the groove i dont have access to a bar at home to do that

Well I can do like 4 chinups atm 5 on a good day, is there any other way besides the grease the groove i dont have access to a bar at home to do that
    http://jeromefitness.com/15-pull-ups-in-15-weeks/

There are tons of these programs out there. There are also military versions since its part of the entrance exam.

PS: all the 10 pull ups in 10 weeks or what ever programs are way too fast. So dont feel bad when they expect you to go from 8 to 15 in 4-5 weeks. Just retest and start the pattern again.

Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So it has been a very busy few weeks work wise and we have had visitors from overseas staying with us as well so getting time in the gym has been tough and to be honest I have not been sufficiently focused on my lifting or my diet. Eating well when you have guests is impossible!

On the up side I passed all of my lifts on W5C2 last Monday even though I had had a busy weekend and a hellish nights sleep the night before test day. Bench and Arnold Press's (or FU Arnolds as I like to call them) were really tough but I ground them out. Feeling pretty flat despite the pass but determined to keep on keeping on.

Lifts were:

Squat - 62.5kg -> 70kg
    Bench Presses - 52.5kg -> 57.5kg
    Bent Over Row - 32.5kg -> 37.5kg
    Seated Arnold DB Press - 30kg (2x15 db's) -> 35kg
    Stiff-Legged Dead lift - 50kg -> 55kg
    Lat Pull Downs (chin up grip) - 52kg -> 61kg
    Leg Raises - 3 x 10 body weight

Like many here I struggle with SLDL - as much as I try not to round it always hurts my lower back after a workout. Really not sure what to do about it. I had a PT check my form and they said it was OK but they still hurt. Maybe I need to do some static stretches before doing the SLDL?

BTW, on a different note, today is sad and awful day for New Zealand and New Zealanders so as a white Kiwi, I would like to say to my Muslim brothers and sisters: We grieve with you. We are with you. You are family. Kia Kaha. (be strong)

Originally Posted by Orewa View Post
    So it has been a very busy few weeks work wise and we have had visitors from overseas staying with us as well so getting time in the gym has been tough and to be honest I have not been sufficiently focused on my lifting or my diet. Eating well when you have guests is impossible!

On the up side I passed all of my lifts on W5C2 last Monday even though I had had a busy weekend and a hellish nights sleep the night before test day. Bench and Arnold Press's (or FU Arnolds as I like to call them) were really tough but I ground them out. Feeling pretty flat despite the pass but determined to keep on keeping on.

Lifts were:

Squat - 62.5kg -> 70kg
    Bench Presses - 52.5kg -> 57.5kg
    Bent Over Row - 32.5kg -> 37.5kg
    Seated Arnold DB Press - 30kg (2x15 db's) -> 35kg
    Stiff-Legged Dead lift - 50kg -> 55kg
    Lat Pull Downs (chin up grip) - 52kg -> 61kg
    Leg Raises - 3 x 10 body weight

Like many here I struggle with SLDL - as much as I try not to round it always hurts my lower back after a workout. Really not sure what to do about it. I had a PT check my form and they said it was OK but they still hurt. Maybe I need to do some static stretches before doing the SLDL?

BTW, on a different note, today is sad and awful day for New Zealand and New Zealanders so as a white Kiwi, I would like to say to my Muslim brothers and sisters: We grieve with you. We are with you. You are family. Kia Kaha. (be strong)
    Typically the SLDL reveals bad form on another exercise. The pain is from a compromised core, caused by another lift. This could be anything. Hyper extending at the start of the squat, which turns into a neutral back in the hole, that can be just as bad as starting with a neutral bad, and having a good amount of butt wink. You could also be having major form degradation in the row as you get tired. In all 3 exercises you can also start "backing it up" as i say, where you are flexing your back up an down to move the weight, instead of hitting the correct muscles.

Since im just a guy on the internet and have no clue which lift is being done wrong, how about we do this. Start doing some dynamic spinal erector, and lower ab, exercises.

For lower ab its simple, hanging leg raises with a bent knee, stopping when the knee is parallel with the hip socket.
    For spinal erectors you have a few choices. You can do the old school SLDL like arnold did it, using half your squat working weight or less. im not going to youtube surf for you, but its the version where your flex your spine, alot.
    http://muscleandbrawn.com/comparing-...ian-deadlifts/ here is a picture of the horror, yes its why i say use a light weight.
    Your other choices are machines if you have a gym that can do hyper extensions or reverse hyper extensions. You can also do "supermans" and its many variants, the longer the range of motion and the least amount of static hold, the better.

Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10) Orewa is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Typically the SLDL reveals bad form on another exercise. The pain is from a compromised core, caused by another lift. This could be anything. Hyper extending at the start of the squat, which turns into a neutral back in the hole, that can be just as bad as starting with a neutral bad, and having a good amount of butt wink. You could also be having major form degradation in the row as you get tired. In all 3 exercises you can also start "backing it up" as i say, where you are flexing your back up an down to move the weight, instead of hitting the correct muscles.

Since im just a guy on the internet and have no clue which lift is being done wrong, how about we do this. Start doing some dynamic spinal erector, and lower ab, exercises.

For lower ab its simple, hanging leg raises with a bent knee, stopping when the knee is parallel with the hip socket.
    For spinal erectors you have a few choices. You can do the old school SLDL like arnold did it, using half your squat working weight or less. im not going to youtube surf for you, but its the version where your flex your spine, alot.
    http://muscleandbrawn.com/comparing-...ian-deadlifts/ here is a picture of the horror, yes its why i say use a light weight.
    Your other choices are machines if you have a gym that can do hyper extensions or reverse hyper extensions. You can also do "supermans" and its many variants, the longer the range of motion and the least amount of static hold, the better.
    Thanks as always for the quick reply. I'll give your suggestions a try and let you know how I get on. Cheers!
    Take the red pill....

What are your thoughts on a 16 year old taking creatine. I know I don’t need it but it could benefit me for an extra rep or two. I use to take it but stopped as I read it could be bad for a 16 year old.

I always hear people say, some people respond to programs better than others, how long would it take to know if you respond to a program?

How much arm growth can a beginner get in one year? I have managed to put on 1 inch in 2 months, arms started off small at 10 inches, and well still are at 11 lol
    Last edited by Vyprath; 03-17-2019 at 02:39 AM.

What are your thoughts on a 16 year old taking creatine. I know I don’t need it but it could benefit me for an extra rep or two. I use to take it but stopped as I read it could be bad for a 16 year old.

I always hear people say, some people respond to programs better than others, how long would it take to know if you respond to a program?

How much arm growth can a beginner get in one year? I have managed to put on 1 inch in 2 months, arms started off small at 10 inches, and well still are at 11 lol
    Creatine works for a few months when you first start out. Once your glycogen stores are well trained, its worthless. If it even added 1% progress, it would be either mandatory or banned in college sports, and thats just not the case.

As for if you "respond" to a program. That is more of how you feel. If you get sloppy form from high rep sets, you dont want to be doing a high rep program. If you get inflammation from maxing out each session, you dont want to be doing a program that has you going to failure each session. So i guess the test is "am i making progress, and are my injury rates low". No point in max progress for 2 months, and then weeks down while heal up from burn out.

A word of advice, dont program hop, and dont switch beginner programs. Any stickied beginner program, or strong lifts, or starting strength, or ICF 5x5 (well now its 3x5 in 2.0) will work for a min 6 months. Then you can decide if you should switch to an intermediate program that will last 2-3 years.

Creatine works for a few months when you first start out. Once your glycogen stores are well trained, its worthless. If it even added 1% progress, it would be either mandatory or banned in college sports, and thats just not the case.

As for if you "respond" to a program. That is more of how you feel. If you get sloppy form from high rep sets, you dont want to be doing a high rep program. If you get inflammation from maxing out each session, you dont want to be doing a program that has you going to failure each session. So i guess the test is "am i making progress, and are my injury rates low". No point in max progress for 2 months, and then weeks down while heal up from burn out.

A word of advice, dont program hop, and dont switch beginner programs. Any stickied beginner program, or strong lifts, or starting strength, or ICF 5x5 (well now its 3x5 in 2.0) will work for a min 6 months. Then you can decide if you should switch to an intermediate program that will last 2-3 years.
    I was thinking of making my rows underhand and adding back in bicep curls aswell as pull-ups in compared to just chin ups, for better lat width. Would this work

I was thinking of making my rows underhand and adding back in bicep curls aswell as pull-ups in compared to just chin ups, for better lat width. Would this work
    the row and the chinup need to be of opposite grips, so one under hand and one over hand, it really doesnt matter which, and you can swap them every few cycles if you want.

If you are going the chinup/pullup route, i wouldnt even do the curls, i would do upright rows. Use a bar bell and tune your grip so that the movement ends when the elbows are parallel with the shoulder, you do not want to be doing the eblows to ears version.

the row and the chinup need to be of opposite grips, so one under hand and one over hand, it really doesnt matter which, and you can swap them every few cycles if you want.

If you are going the chinup/pullup route, i wouldnt even do the curls, i would do upright rows. Use a bar bell and tune your grip so that the movement ends when the elbows are parallel with the shoulder, you do not want to be doing the eblows to ears version.
    Why would you suggest upright rows? Does that even work the bicep?

Closed Thread
Page 234 of 290 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 ... LastLast