Closed Thread
Page 221 of 290 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 8698
    Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Squats: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bench Press: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Bent Over Row: warm-up, warm-up, work-set, work-set
    Over Head Press: work-set, work-set
    Stiff Legged Deadlifts: work-set, work-set
    Curls: work-set, work-set
    Calf Raises: work-set, work-set

Squat can be replaced with the goblet or zercher squat, or in a pinch a hex bar squat( plates dont hit the ground between reps). SLDL most cant get past the knees with a straight back when they first start. You can do the SLDL in the smith, or with a pair of dumb bells. odds are you are not moving massive wieght like a normal deadlift. If you are squatting 95lbs, you should be SLDL less than that.
    Okay, thanks for the reply. Two work sets wasn't feeling like enough? I don't know if you remember but I was the one doing the split. Targeting a muscle with 3-4 exercises two times a week.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Southgeorge View Post
    Okay, thanks for the reply. Two work sets wasn't feeling like enough? I don't know if you remember but I was the one doing the split. Targeting a muscle with 3-4 exercises two times a week.
    2 worksets is enough if you have the rest at 90 seconds or lower, and remember you are doing the same exercise 3x a week. So the fatigue will build up. By 10 rep week it will be far from easy.

Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 worksets is enough if you have the rest at 90 seconds or lower, and remember you are doing the same exercise 3x a week. So the fatigue will build up. By 10 rep week it will be far from easy.
    What's your recommended rest time? I honestly feel like I could pump these out 30-45 seconds after.

Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi nigthanole . This is probably going to be a stupid question , but i'll rather ask it learn and risk sounding stupid . I passed my test last week on squats with 90 kg , so upped the weight to 100kg for heavy today and i have to say i failed to do it properly . Got all my reps in but had to dump on last rep and redid that rep . Couldn't understand wtf happened it didn't feel 10kg's heavier it felt like a bloody ton heavier , but the more i thought of it the more i think it was because i ate very little yesterday , see i'm cutting (have been cutting since i started to get rid of this spare tyre and dropped from 112kg last December to 92.4kg today) anyhow it's summer here hot as hell and I ate not even close to my maintenance yesterday and Saturday , so my question is this
    1. Could it be because i ate so little that i just didn't have enough "gas" in the tank to handle the new weight although only 10kg heavier ?
    2. After this it made me wonder if my total caloric deficit for the week is still under my maintenance then i should still lose weight even if i go bit over it on the Sunday to give me more "gas" in my tank to handle heavy day ?
    My Personal mottos
    Do the correct form and don't stroke your ego lifting heavier with bad form.
    Stay of a bloody scale and concentrate on measuring tape to see progress.
    No one can make you mad it is your choice if you want to get mad.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's your recommended rest time? I honestly feel like I could pump these out 30-45 seconds after.
    plenty of people use 30 seconds for light day. 90 seconds is the max, if you can reduce it you will increase the amount of quality reps. However if you miss a rep, you will greatly increase the fatigue build up and may get buried.

Originally Posted by Time-Man View Post
    Hi nigthanole . This is probably going to be a stupid question , but i'll rather ask it learn and risk sounding stupid . I passed my test last week on squats with 90 kg , so upped the weight to 100kg for heavy today and i have to say i failed to do it properly . Got all my reps in but had to dump on last rep and redid that rep . Couldn't understand wtf happened it didn't feel 10kg's heavier it felt like a bloody ton heavier , but the more i thought of it the more i think it was because i ate very little yesterday , see i'm cutting (have been cutting since i started to get rid of this spare tyre and dropped from 112kg last December to 92.4kg today) anyhow it's summer here hot as hell and I ate not even close to my maintenance yesterday and Saturday , so my question is this
    1. Could it be because i ate so little that i just didn't have enough "gas" in the tank to handle the new weight although only 10kg heavier ?
    2. After this it made me wonder if my total caloric deficit for the week is still under my maintenance then i should still lose weight even if i go bit over it on the Sunday to give me more "gas" in my tank to handle heavy day ?

If you under ate to the point your glycogen stores where not full, you will not have enough "gas", this will really show up on the second set. What really affects me is dehydration. They kind of go hand in hand, since it takes 3 grams of water to store 1 gram of carbs. This is vastly under simplified explanation.

And yes you can still lose weight if base it on weekly calories. There is a diet out there called eat-stop-eat, where the only difference between bulking and cutting is 2, 24-36 hour fasts per week.

cutting is 2, 24-36 hour fasts per week.
    Can we do this with your program? Trying to get my bmi down to 23-24 faster so I can bulk. I kind of unintentionally did this in the past to lose weight and had great success. I've kind of hit a wall and only lost 6lbs the last two months. I don't usually hit this wall until I'm like 10lbs lighter than I am now. Last two months, I've been in a caloric deficit but protein was high and no cardio. I normally do a lot of cardio. But I was working out like 5-6 times a week so I felt like I should have lost more than 6lbs over two months.

Can we do this with your program? Trying to get my bmi down to 23-24 faster so I can bulk. I kind of unintentionally did this in the past to lose weight and had great success. I've kind of hit a wall and only lost 6lbs the last two months. I don't usually hit this wall until I'm like 10lbs lighter than I am now. Last two months, I've been in a caloric deficit but protein was high and no cardio. I normally do a lot of cardio. But I was working out like 5-6 times a week so I felt like I should have lost more than 6lbs over two months.
    You can rig it any way you want as long as you think in weekly calories. The only trip up is making sure you are hydrated and your glycogen stores are full before the workout. You will be running off of what ever you ate 8-12 hours before the workout. A carb bomb 1-2 hours before the workout may increase blood sugar and endurance training, but its not going to help the energy stores in the muscle.

So ideally it would be something like 2 normal sched meals(dinner/breakfast or breakfast/lunch etc) in a row, workout, stop eating for 24-36 hours, repeat. If you just want to do one once a week, just start fasting after light day for 36 hours. There is no "anabolic window" or other internet non sense where you have to slam 30g of whey directly after the workout or it was all for nothing.

Vyprath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can I add in a couple sets of band pull-ups to the end of my session, 3x a week?

Originally Posted by Vyprath View Post
    Can I add in a couple sets of band pull-ups to the end of my session, 3x a week?
    As long as it doesnt affect the row.

You can rig it any way you want as long as you think in weekly calories. The only trip up is making sure you are hydrated and your glycogen stores are full before the workout. You will be running off of what ever you ate 8-12 hours before the workout. A carb bomb 1-2 hours before the workout may increase blood sugar and endurance training, but its not going to help the energy stores in the muscle.

So ideally it would be something like 2 normal sched meals(dinner/breakfast or breakfast/lunch etc) in a row, workout, stop eating for 24-36 hours, repeat. If you just want to do one once a week, just start fasting after light day for 36 hours. There is no "anabolic window" or other internet non sense where you have to slam 30g of whey directly after the workout or it was all for nothing.
    Ok, thank you.

I think I might have been too conservative on my first day and will need to redo Week 1 next week.

Bench - When I had a personal trainer like two months ago. He was trying to push me to bench my weight. He was helping a little but he said it's good because it tells your body it needs to get stronger. So I stopped seeing him and going to PF and doing it my own. I was getting close to being able to rep my body weight. But one day when benching I started to feel pain in my elbow and like up my arm. It was only in the one elbow and when benching close to my max. So I don't know if it was from benching, another exercise I was doing and only feeling it when benching a lot, or just the overall workload I was doing. So I immediately think tendinitis which I do not want or play around with. So that's why I was open to switching to this. Started taking bi-flex and like a week and a half off from weights. I haven't felt it since which is good but just not sure where to start on my bench for this program. I don't want it to come back but I also don't want to not work as hard as I can. So how much do you think I should start with benching for this program?

Squats/SLDL - I know I could do a lot more. I'm just worried about form and doing it incorrectly. I'd rather do less wrong than more wrong and mess something up. But I also feel like I'm not going to get any real progress not going for it. So how do you suggest I gauge how much I should be doing for these?

Curls - Highest they got in bar is 60 which I was doing and fine for now. But on the sit down curl machine I was able to rep like 120 with good form and eccentric. Felt like I got a much better pump with that than curl bars.

Ok, thank you.

I think I might have been too conservative on my first day and will need to redo Week 1 next week.

Bench - When I had a personal trainer like two months ago. He was trying to push me to bench my weight. He was helping a little but he said it's good because it tells your body it needs to get stronger. So I stopped seeing him and going to PF and doing it my own. I was getting close to being able to rep my body weight. But one day when benching I started to feel pain in my elbow and like up my arm. It was only in the one elbow and when benching close to my max. So I don't know if it was from benching, another exercise I was doing and only feeling it when benching a lot, or just the overall workload I was doing. So I immediately think tendinitis which I do not want or play around with. So that's why I was open to switching to this. Started taking bi-flex and like a week and a half off from weights. I haven't felt it since which is good but just not sure where to start on my bench for this program. I don't want it to come back but I also don't want to not work as hard as I can. So how much do you think I should start with benching for this program?

Squats/SLDL - I know I could do a lot more. I'm just worried about form and doing it incorrectly. I'd rather do less wrong than more wrong and mess something up. But I also feel like I'm not going to get any real progress not going for it. So how do you suggest I gauge how much I should be doing for these?

Curls - Highest they got in bar is 60 which I was doing and fine for now. But on the sit down curl machine I was able to rep like 120 with good form and eccentric. Felt like I got a much better pump with that than curl bars.

Find your true 10-12 rep max, in the order you will normally be doing the exercises. I dont care what your OHP is in a vacuum while completely fresh, i care what it is after you bench/row/squat.

As for your bench problem. I really think its a grip issue. Under normal circumstances i would try to have you bench hammer grip, either with a hex bar at a normal bench, or a hammer grip floor press with dumb bells. Odds are you also need some elbow re enforcement. This means more hammer grip again. So for curls you could; cable pull downs using hammer grip adapter, hammer grip chinups if you are strong enough, normal db hammer grip curls, seated slightly leaning back supenation curls, etc.

Iridam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi nightanole, I have been searching for a good workout plan as a fresh start. I have difficulty working out for more than 3 months in a row before quitting for another 3 months... I have been like this for years now. I am 25 years old 1,81m tall currently weighting around 78 kg with fat percentage of ~21%. Being like a "skinny fat" I fell I have very little muscle for my age and a annoying belly.I was hoping that a structured program like this one , with clear rules and such , might be the workout plan I really need. Do you think this plan can work for me , or should I seek to lose some fat first? Thank you so much for your help.

Originally Posted by Iridam View Post
    Hi nightanole, I have been searching for a good workout plan as a fresh start. I have difficulty working out for more than 3 months in a row before quitting for another 3 months... I have been like this for years now. I am 25 years old 1,81m tall currently weighting around 78 kg with fat percentage of ~21%. Being like a "skinny fat" I fell I have very little muscle for my age and a annoying belly.I was hoping that a structured program like this one , with clear rules and such , might be the workout plan I really need. Do you think this plan can work for me , or should I seek to lose some fat first? Thank you so much for your help.
    You seek to lose some fat first on this program. The goal is to get to 13% bf (flexed abs) while learning the lifts and adapting to the program. This is normally bmi 22-23, then you slow bulk to bmi 25-26, then final cut for 6-8 weeks back down to 13% fat and bmi 24. Ending stats for the program are bmi 24 at 13% bf and being able to bench bw for 10 reps, and squat 1.25-1.5x bw for 10 reps. This normally takes 5-7 cycles for a 20 something male that is bmi 24-28 when they start.

You seek to lose some fat first on this program. The goal is to get to 13% bf (flexed abs) while learning the lifts and adapting to the program. This is normally bmi 22-23, then you slow bulk to bmi 25-26, then final cut for 6-8 weeks back down to 13% fat and bmi 24. Ending stats for the program are bmi 24 at 13% bf and being able to bench bw for 10 reps, and squat 1.25-1.5x bw for 10 reps. This normally takes 5-7 cycles for a 20 something male that is bmi 24-28 when they start.
    Thx a lot man, for the first part ( losing fat) should I change anything about the training? Or is just a matter o keeping the workout as it is and focusing on the diet?

Originally Posted by Iridam View Post
    Thx a lot man, for the first part ( losing fat) should I change anything about the training? Or is just a matter o keeping the workout as it is and focusing on the diet?
    No change in training, once you switch to bulk, then you can add up to 2 additional accessories based on what is lagging. But yea this is one of the few programs that can be ran on a cut unaltered.

Base diet if you missed is is 100g of fats/protein and 200-300g of carbs. Recommended cardio for the week is 30k worth of jogging that takes at least 3 hours(slow/med pace), broken up however you want. If you dont want to jog, its any cardio that you can sustain for at least 45min without resting, it could be a rowing machine or a recumbent bike or walking with a 100lb backpack, etc/

No change in training, once you switch to bulk, then you can add up to 2 additional accessories based on what is lagging. But yea this is one of the few programs that can be ran on a cut unaltered.

Base diet if you missed is is 100g of fats/protein and 200-300g of carbs. Recommended cardio for the week is 30k worth of jogging that takes at least 3 hours(slow/med pace), broken up however you want. If you dont want to jog, its any cardio that you can sustain for at least 45min without resting, it could be a rowing machine or a recumbent bike or walking with a 100lb backpack, etc/
    Great! Thank you so much! I'll put that information to good use.

Find your true 10-12 rep max, in the order you will normally be doing the exercises. I dont care what your OHP is in a vacuum while completely fresh, i care what it is after you bench/row/squat.

As for your bench problem. I really think its a grip issue. Under normal circumstances i would try to have you bench hammer grip, either with a hex bar at a normal bench, or a hammer grip floor press with dumb bells. Odds are you also need some elbow re enforcement. This means more hammer grip again. So for curls you could; cable pull downs using hammer grip adapter, hammer grip chinups if you are strong enough, normal db hammer grip curls, seated slightly leaning back supenation curls, etc.
    How do I find that without getting gassed?

I honestly think you are right about the grip. I was watching some video and the guy said he wished he knew when he started to keep his elbows in to avoid shoulder issues. Using triceps more. So I was doing that but I honestly think the issues started when I stopped doing it that way. But I'm not sure if it's that or doing it that way caused the issues. I don't have a hex bar so what should I do for flat bench?

How do I find that without getting gassed?

I honestly think you are right about the grip. I was watching some video and the guy said he wished he knew when he started to keep his elbows in to avoid shoulder issues. Using triceps more. So I was doing that but I honestly think the issues started when I stopped doing it that way. But I'm not sure if it's that or doing it that way caused the issues. I don't have a hex bar so what should I do for flat bench?
    You are shooting for 60-65% of your 1rm. Tipically people "play with the weights" for a few sessions before starting the program to find their starting weights. Starting too light is better than starting too heavy, worse case you just bump 20-25% at the end of the cycle vs the min 10%.

As for the bench problem, i would see how you like the hammer grip floor press using dumb bells. Else if you still want to use a bar bell, try using a slight decline if the bench is adjustable.

Vyprath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The question is how do we measure our BF%? I got one of those scales you see all the fitness you tubers have that measures weight, bone mass, water weight as well as bf, is this accurate? Says I’m 10% BF at 63kg 16yrs and 178cm

Originally Posted by Vyprath View Post
    The question is how do we measure our BF%? I got one of those scales you see all the fitness you tubers have that measures weight, bone mass, water weight as well as bf, is this accurate? Says I’m 10% BF at 63kg 16yrs and 178cm
    There is the us military measurement system that measures a few body parts with a tape measure. There is also the caliper system that measures 4-10 spots depending on which calculator you use. A myo tape kit that has both is less than 10 bucks.

You are shooting for 60-65% of your 1rm. Tipically people "play with the weights" for a few sessions before starting the program to find their starting weights. Starting too light is better than starting too heavy, worse case you just bump 20-25% at the end of the cycle vs the min 10%.

As for the bench problem, i would see how you like the hammer grip floor press using dumb bells. Else if you still want to use a bar bell, try using a slight decline if the bench is adjustable.
    I'm going to see if I can do a slight decline tomorrow. If not, is hammer grip on flat bench not an option? I don't really want to get on the floor there and there's really no place to do it. Another concern, I think their dumbbells only go up to like 70 or 80. So I would never be able to hit my body weight like I should or are these harder than benching?

I'm going to see if I can do a slight decline tomorrow. If not, is hammer grip on flat bench not an option? I don't really want to get on the floor there and there's really no place to do it. Another concern, I think their dumbbells only go up to like 70 or 80. So I would never be able to hit my body weight like I should or are these harder than benching?
    The only issue with the DB bench is going too low. If you are confident you wont get tired and start getting a rep or two way below the chest line, DB bench is fine. And this is only temporary till you are healed up. Once you are 100% again you can switch back to a bar bell bench, and maybe do some type of hammer grip work at the end of the workout.

gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50) gotdiesel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been doing this program for awhile off and on and have been starting to get more consistent over the past couple months. I've gone from 5'10" 180lbs when I first started to around 165lbs now and my strength has increased quite a bit. I don't count my calories, I was gassing out on my heavy days for awhile but now I eat a lot of food the day before or morning of and it made a big difference. Then I taper off my food intake throughout the week.

I am getting closer to my goals for this program (last 2 columns on my chart) but instead of adding 10% when I make all 12 reps I have added less.
    What would you recommend to do as reset for my next cycle?
    Should I drop all the weights?
    Pay attention to macros? I feel my form is beginning to suffer but I can still push through the exercises. One thing that worked when I was stalling on bench was to do drop sets taking off 5lbs each time from my heavy weight until I could barely lift the bar.

CR is 75 reps of calf raises.

EDIT: the green is what i have completed, I just currently finished 11 reps on the current weights

Originally Posted by gotdiesel View Post
    I've been doing this program for awhile off and on and have been starting to get more consistent over the past couple months. I've gone from 5'10" 180lbs when I first started to around 165lbs now and my strength has increased quite a bit. I don't count my calories, I was gassing out on my heavy days for awhile but now I eat a lot of food the day before or morning of and it made a big difference. Then I taper off my food intake throughout the week.

I am getting closer to my goals for this program (last 2 columns on my chart) but instead of adding 10% when I make all 12 reps I have added less.
    What would you recommend to do as reset for my next cycle?
    Should I drop all the weights?
    Pay attention to macros? I feel my form is beginning to suffer but I can still push through the exercises. One thing that worked when I was stalling on bench was to do drop sets taking off 5lbs each time from my heavy weight until I could barely lift the bar.

CR is 75 reps of calf raises.

EDIT: the green is what i have completed, I just currently finished 11 reps on the current weights
    You are approaching the end of the program. I woud sudgest bumping bench/row/squat 10% at the end of the cycle pass or fail, and switch to novice which is 3 sets of 4-8 reps, which the same 90 seconds or less rest. This will give you a deeper deload, and you wont get as gassed.

All your numbers are inline, BOR is starting to lag your bench a little, but its still within 80% of bench.

The only issue with the DB bench is going too low. If you are confident you wont get tired and start getting a rep or two way below the chest line, DB bench is fine. And this is only temporary till you are healed up. Once you are 100% again you can switch back to a bar bell bench, and maybe do some type of hammer grip work at the end of the workout.
    Okay, so they got the fixed decline ab benches and I used that. That's okay right? I was able to do a weight I think I definitely would have felt pain on flat bench. Also, I think I figured something else out. Stupid smith machines you need to cock to get out and I think my grip was too far back and probably contributed to it as well.

Only other issue I'm seeing at this time is you had me doing the kroc rows. I could go higher but they don't have higher dumbbells. Could I do the back row machine? One side at a time. Also, curls are maxed out. I think I'm good now but would have no where to go 10% higher.

I'm going to need one more day to find out where to start. I was pretty gassed today.

Okay, so they got the fixed decline ab benches and I used that. That's okay right? I was able to do a weight I think I definitely would have felt pain on flat bench. Also, I think I figured something else out. Stupid smith machines you need to cock to get out and I think my grip was too far back and probably contributed to it as well.

Only other issue I'm seeing at this time is you had me doing the kroc rows. I could go higher but they don't have higher dumbbells. Could I do the back row machine? One side at a time. Also, curls are maxed out. I think I'm good now but would have no where to go 10% higher.

I'm going to need one more day to find out where to start. I was pretty gassed today.
    decline ab bench is fine, just remember we are going for slight decline(only what is needed) not something like 45degrees.

Bench is an elliptical bar path, you cant do it in a smith... Well you can if you hate your joints due to impingement.

yea kroc rows get really heavy really fast. The big guys need to switch to custom handles or even doing them with bar bells if they can balance them. There really isnt much of a sub if you cant nail down using a bar bell. If you think your back cant take it, you can try the t-bar row if you have the handle.

For curls you can always just drop the krocs and do chinups if you are strong enough. The curl is just throw in any program because otherwise the broz wont do it. Else its time to hunt for a bicep focused movement that you can do using the opposite grip of your row.

decline ab bench is fine, just remember we are going for slight decline(only what is needed) not something like 45degrees.

Bench is an elliptical bar path, you cant do it in a smith... Well you can if you hate your joints due to impingement.

yea kroc rows get really heavy really fast. The big guys need to switch to custom handles or even doing them with bar bells if they can balance them. There really isnt much of a sub if you cant nail down using a bar bell. If you think your back cant take it, you can try the t-bar row if you have the handle.

For curls you can always just drop the krocs and do chinups if you are strong enough. The curl is just throw in any program because otherwise the broz wont do it. Else its time to hunt for a bicep focused movement that you can do using the opposite grip of your row.
    Honestly, it's probably 45 degrees. So I guess I'm just going to try hammer grip on flat bench next time for the reasons you stated.

JimDavie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    On medium and light days is it bad to keep doing reps until failure or should I stop at 10 even if I can keep going?

Originally Posted by JimDavie View Post
    On medium and light days is it bad to keep doing reps until failure or should I stop at 10 even if I can keep going?
    If you find "butchered edition" of allpro i believe it has that variant. However i do not answer questions about it.

This a fatigue build up program. You shouldnt be doing 3 heavies a week or adding reps to medium/light day in order to keep tonnage the same on all days. In fact once the weights are tuned in properly medium day will require the most effort to complete.

Closed Thread
Page 221 of 290 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 219 220 221 222 223 231 271 ... LastLast