Closed Thread
Page 219 of 290 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 ... LastLast
Results 6,541 to 6,570 of 8698
    bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bjw11180 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    The "test" is 1 set, replacing the 2 light sets. Do the workout in the normal order, you are not testing at the end.
    Well I managed 10 x 290. Not sure if I could've done an 11th rep. So I guess I'll switch to the novice pattern and take 290 as my new heavy day weight. Do I follow the 3-set pattern on medium and light days as well?

Vyprath has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Assuming you are perfect man and can gain 5kg of muscle and only 1kg of fat.

Generally i recommend people cut down to bmi 23 while learning the lifts and increasing conditioning, the slow bulk to bmi 25 over 6-9 months, then cut 6-8 weeks back down to bmi 24, then reevaluate. The only time i dont recommend this is if you are under weight at 20-21 BMI. Even if you are still growing, it still applies, as you add inches to your frame, your bmi will be going down, so you will be chasing it up.
    Well my BMI is 20 and I’m about to hit 16, so I am still growing. I will/am doing a lean bulk for at least 6 cycles, depending on how much fat I gain.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bjw11180 View Post
    Well I managed 10 x 290. Not sure if I could've done an 11th rep. So I guess I'll switch to the novice pattern and take 290 as my new heavy day weight. Do I follow the 3-set pattern on medium and light days as well?
    Yes medium and light days also 3 sets.

Personally you may want to bump it to 300-310. Just as there is a 10 rep test, which is mid between 8 and 12, with the other pattern there is a 6 rep test, which is mid between 4 and 8. It is up to you, it will get scary going forward, its why the program normally ends at those numbers i post, because the bumps start getting massive. If you do 290 then it will be and easy test day, and that means the next cycle will be a 320 working weight or more

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Vyprath View Post
    Well my BMI is 20 and I’m about to hit 16, so I am still growing. I will/am doing a lean bulk for at least 6 cycles, depending on how much fat I gain.
    Pro tip, humans cant convert carbs to fat storage at an appreciable rate, just grams per day. So the only fat you can gain, is the fat you eat, not the carbs and not the protein. So just treat your fat and protein intake like vitamins. You need a certain amount to be healthy. Read up on fats and adjust your diet to get the profile you need.

But hey who i am to know, you may be one of those teens who start growing so fast they need 2 shots of olive oil mixed with a bit of orange juice just to get in enough calories to maintain weight. A quick 900 cal snack, LOL.

Personally, i have teens bulking on this stuff:

https://shop.honeyville.com/6-grain-rolled-cereal.html

$55 shipped, about 950 servings of 3g protein, 17g carbs, .5g fats. If you do round math, eat the bag over 6-12 months and you get about 3000g of protein, 17000g of carbs, and only 500g of fat. Its the cheapest good 75,000 calories you are going to get, and its ready to serve in about 3-5min with some hot water.

Im eating 100g (dry) of it 5 days week at work, its a quick 320 cal breakfast.
    Last edited by nightanole; 12-08-2018 at 06:42 PM.

So this workout program is one of the most beneficial for beginners to build muscle during the first 8 months or so? I’m saying would another program be better or does this basically maximise my muscle gains within this period.

So this workout program is one of the most beneficial for beginners to build muscle during the first 8 months or so? I’m saying would another program be better or does this basically maximise my muscle gains within this period.
    This program is to maximize muscle while staying lean and getting you to bmi 24 @13% with a 10 rep body weigh bench and a 10 rep 1.25-1.5x bw squat. This normally takes 5-7 cycles Depending on how much weight you need to gain or lose.

Now if you want the absolute max muscle gain in the first year, that would be ICF 5x5. However there is a massive amount of burn out around 90 days, hell 1/3 of gen pop cant even handle the program just due to genetics.

Post allpro i recommend greyskull LP if you have learned how to program or:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150514...rophy-program/
    https://linearhyp.herokuapp.com/

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Pro tip, humans cant convert carbs to fat storage at an appreciable rate, just grams per day. So the only fat you can gain, is the fat you eat, not the carbs and not the protein. So just treat your fat and protein intake like vitamins. You need a certain amount to be healthy. Read up on fats and adjust your diet to get the profile you need.
    Night I am curious what you mean by this and where you found this information. Are you saying that somebody who is strictly eating their protein, and fat MINIIMUMS vs. somebody who is eating an excess of fat is going to gain more body fat? Assuming both individuals are eating an identical amount of protein and total calories.
    The way I am reading it indicates that the only body fat one will accumulate is the excess that you are consuming beyond your body's minimum requirements rather than the body simply storing excess calories as fat in general. Is this correct?

Also how come you prescribe a generic "bulking diet" of 100g protein/fats, and 200-300g carbs? Isnt that kind of general without taking into account someone's actual body weight,etc..?
    Last edited by cljolley; 12-10-2018 at 11:16 AM.

Originally Posted by cljolley View Post
    Night I am curious what you mean by this and where you found this information. Are you saying that somebody who is strictly eating their protein, and fat MINIIMUMS vs. somebody who is eating an excess of fat is going to gain more body fat? Assuming both individuals are eating an identical amount of protein and total calories.
    The way I am reading it indicates that the only body fat one will accumulate is the excess that you are consuming beyond your body's minimum requirements rather than the body simply storing excess calories as fat in general. Is this correct?

Also how come you prescribe a generic "bulking diet" of 100g protein/fats, and 200-300g carbs? Isnt that kind of general without taking into account someone's actual body weight,etc..?
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4392141

lipogenesis in humans is extremely rare. So yes the fat you store is the fat you eat, its not formed from excess calories from carbs/protein. To further prove this, there are very odd diets such as the 30-50 bananas a day diet. If you eat that many bananas a day you do get enough protein and fat to live, but its almost like starving on a full stomach. You could in theory eat just enough fat to live, "bulk" on protein/carbs, but odds are performance and quality of life would suffer. So not much net gains vs gaining more muscle than fat on a proper bulk, and then cutting more fat than muscle on a proper cut.

My generic diet is assuming;lifter is above bmi 25, and above 18% bf, and is 5.8 - 6.2 (the 100g carb swing accounts for the height difference). Unfortunately ratios dont work. A perfect body weight to protein ratio for a six foot five lifter, is going to be way to low for a four foot ten female. her 80 pound frame may still need 80-100g of protein, but his 300 pound frame will only need 150-200g tops.

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4392141

lipogenesis in humans is extremely rare. So yes the fat you store is the fat you eat, its not formed from excess calories from carbs/protein. To further prove this, there are very odd diets such as the 30-50 bananas a day diet. If you eat that many bananas a day you do get enough protein and fat to live, but its almost like starving on a full stomach. You could in theory eat just enough fat to live, "bulk" on protein/carbs, but odds are performance and quality of life would suffer. So not much net gains vs gaining more muscle than fat on a proper bulk, and then cutting more fat than muscle on a proper cut.

My generic diet is assuming;lifter is above bmi 25, and above 18% bf, and is 5.8 - 6.2 (the 100g carb swing accounts for the height difference). Unfortunately ratios dont work. A perfect body weight to protein ratio for a six foot five lifter, is going to be way to low for a four foot ten female. her 80 pound frame may still need 80-100g of protein, but his 300 pound frame will only need 150-200g tops.
    So gaining excess fat during a bulk can be somewhat avoided by maintaining closer to the minimum requirement of fat in one's diet?

Are you saying that it would be counterproductive to consume more fat than is required?

I am thinking back one things I have been told in the nutrition section such as: "Eating certain things doesn't have an impact on body composition, that is relies solely on a caloric surplus." I understand that you must have a caloric surplus to gain weight, but if what you are saying holds true, then what I am taking away from that is that it is impossible/very difficult to gain body fat unless there is not only a surplus in calories, but a surplus in fat intake as well.
    Last edited by cljolley; 12-10-2018 at 02:20 PM.

So gaining excess fat during a bulk can be somewhat avoided by maintaining closer to the minimum requirement of fat in one's diet?

Are you saying that it would be counterproductive to consume more fat than is required?

I am thinking back one things I have been told in the nutrition section such as: "Eating certain things doesn't have an impact on body composition, that is relies solely on a caloric surplus." I understand that you must have a caloric surplus to gain weight, but if what you are saying holds true, then what I am taking away from that is that it is impossible/very difficult to gain body fat unless there is not only a surplus in calories, but a surplus in fat intake as well.

Something that you put in your pie hole only has a few ways to get back out. It can be oxidized, aka used for locomotion or create heat. It can be stored or a certain amount of time, fat can be stored in definitely and in increasing amounts, carbs can be stored till your glycogen stores are full, and protein can be stored till your free floating amino acid pool is full. Finally it can just come out the other end undigested.

Now lets say you are eating the perfect blend of fats, at the correct amount. Some of it will be broken down and oxidized, because thats what it was meant to do. It just needed to be present to trigger some body function such as hormone production. It could be converted to a hormone. It could be converted to tissue. Its could be used for fuel once your glycogen stores are depleted. The fat will not be stored, unless it is in abundance, or you eat so much of the other macros that cant handle everything at once, so it stores the fat to be processed later.

Gaining excess fat on a bulk can be avoided somewhat if you do not bulk on fat. This is because if you bulk on a carb, your body cant really store it. So what happens is your body will store a bit more fat, since you are in a suplus, and work its tail off to oxidize the excess carbs, either by making you feel really warm/sweat, or making you extra twitch/perform better.

Now on the other hand lets say you go full ham with 900 calorie olive oil shots or something. In that case your body doesnt have to work to get rid of the excess calories, it can just store them.

So yes, if your bulk is not perfect, its better to have more carbs vs more fat. Eating certain things does impact body composition if you over do it.

So if Bill got his macros perfect( maybe with blood work?) he will be gaining 4lbs of muscle and 1 pound of fat. Assuming he also nailed down his surplus so he didnt over do it.

Ted ate at the local fried chicken joint 5 days a week. He will be gaining 2lbs of muscle and 1 pound of fat. Ted will be putting on twice the amount of body fat. He is also eating the same amount of calories as Bill.

Joe is also eating the same amount of calories as Bill and Ted, on the all banana/fruit bulk. Hes only getting in 25-40g of fat per day and well under 50g of protein. He never gains weight, and his lifts never improve, while both of his buddies and progressing nicely.

The question is, why does any of this even matter? If you are BMI 20, and can eat pizza and cake for 18 months, get to BMI 25-26, gain 30lbs, with 20 of it being muscle and 10lbs of fat. Are you really going to be disappointed that you have to cut for 6-8 weeks to lose the 10lbs of fat and maybe 1-2lbs of muscle if you were not perfect?

What is disappointing to me, and really the only thing when running this thread, is the people who stay the same weight, cycle after cycle after cycle. They dont want to drop down in weight, because they are "small" to begin with, so they stay at bmi 24-26 and 20-25% bf. Or they are underweight and dont want to eat, because they think they will get a gut (which they will) that will never go away. So they try to recomp, or bulk/cut in such small cycles that nothing ever happens.

Something that you put in your pie hole only has a few ways to get back out. It can be oxidized, aka used for locomotion or create heat. It can be stored or a certain amount of time, fat can be stored in definitely and in increasing amounts, carbs can be stored till your glycogen stores are full, and protein can be stored till your free floating amino acid pool is full. Finally it can just come out the other end undigested.

Now lets say you are eating the perfect blend of fats, at the correct amount. Some of it will be broken down and oxidized, because thats what it was meant to do. It just needed to be present to trigger some body function such as hormone production. It could be converted to a hormone. It could be converted to tissue. Its could be used for fuel once your glycogen stores are depleted. The fat will not be stored, unless it is in abundance, or you eat so much of the other macros that cant handle everything at once, so it stores the fat to be processed later.

Gaining excess fat on a bulk can be avoided somewhat if you do not bulk on fat. This is because if you bulk on a carb, your body cant really store it. So what happens is your body will store a bit more fat, since you are in a suplus, and work its tail off to oxidize the excess carbs, either by making you feel really warm/sweat, or making you extra twitch/perform better.

Now on the other hand lets say you go full ham with 900 calorie olive oil shots or something. In that case your body doesnt have to work to get rid of the excess calories, it can just store them.

So yes, if your bulk is not perfect, its better to have more carbs vs more fat. Eating certain things does impact body composition if you over do it.

So if Bill got his macros perfect( maybe with blood work?) he will be gaining 4lbs of muscle and 1 pound of fat. Assuming he also nailed down his surplus so he didnt over do it.

Ted ate at the local fried chicken joint 5 days a week. He will be gaining 2lbs of muscle and 1 pound of fat. Ted will be putting on twice the amount of body fat. He is also eating the same amount of calories as Bill.

Joe is also eating the same amount of calories as Bill and Ted, on the all banana/fruit bulk. Hes only getting in 25-40g of fat per day and well under 50g of protein. He never gains weight, and his lifts never improve, while both of his buddies and progressing nicely.

The question is, why does any of this even matter? If you are BMI 20, and can eat pizza and cake for 18 months, get to BMI 25-26, gain 30lbs, with 20 of it being muscle and 10lbs of fat. Are you really going to be disappointed that you have to cut for 6-8 weeks to lose the 10lbs of fat and maybe 1-2lbs of muscle if you were not perfect?

What is disappointing to me, and really the only thing when running this thread, is the people who stay the same weight, cycle after cycle after cycle. They dont want to drop down in weight, because they are "small" to begin with, so they stay at bmi 24-26 and 20-25% bf. Or they are underweight and dont want to eat, because they think they will get a gut (which they will) that will never go away. So they try to recomp, or bulk/cut in such small cycles that nothing ever happens.
    Another good breakdown. Thanks. I will definitely be more mindful of my fat intake, but will try not to obsess. I get what youre saying about not needing to complain if youre making good gains. I certainly dont wanna get fat, but I know that I cant really gain muscle without gaining at least a bit more flab. Gotta make a sacrifice somewhere I suppose. So at 140 pounds, 5'8", 23 years old, you still think youre 100g/100g protein fat would be sufficient?

If all I have to hit is 100g protein daily, I dont even know why I buy protein powder. I can hit that no problem without it. How is that fancy cereal you linked btw? Do you prepare it like oatmeal?

Another good breakdown. Thanks. I will definitely be more mindful of my fat intake, but will try not to obsess. I get what youre saying about not needing to complain if youre making good gains. I certainly dont wanna get fat, but I know that I cant really gain muscle without gaining at least a bit more flab. Gotta make a sacrifice somewhere I suppose. So at 140 pounds, 5'8", 23 years old, you still think youre 100g/100g protein fat would be sufficient?

If all I have to hit is 100g protein daily, I dont even know why I buy protein powder. I can hit that no problem without it. How is that fancy cereal you linked btw? Do you prepare it like oatmeal?
    the 100g is the mins remember you can go over, just not under, if you are a high roller, you can eat $15 steak and eggs every day for breakfast, if you perform fine on 200g of protein and 200g of carbs, vs 100g of protein and 300g of carbs.

As for the cereal, yea its just a 5-6 rolled grains. I think it tastes better than just rolled oats. It doesnt turn into a paste like instant oats. I just do 1 cup of it, then add 1 cup of 65c+ water from the water cooler, and come back in 5min and eat. If you want, you can add berries, or a sweet protein powder. This months protein powder is french toast from "myprotein". Most say its way too sweet to just pop 2 scoops in a shaker, but it works for me for flavoring oats, or using as a partial flour replacement in pancakes.

Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi nightanole . I realized that this is not a race but a marathon taking your time being patient and slowly advancing . I would like your feedback if we on the right track . Been doing this since June , then had a injury with a pinched nerve in my neck that forced me to basically reset my weights and start over while recovering and getting strength back . We finished our test yesterday and passed on all the weights if you could look at the numbers and give me some feedback i'd appreciate it .

I'm 50 years old 1.98m tall currently 94kg (dropped from 112kg) aiming to drop to 90kg
    Weight of passed lifts
    Squat 90kg
    Bench 44kg
    BOR 44kg
    OHP 22kg
    SLD 52kg
    Curls 30kg

My son is 15 years old 1.87m tall 74kg (up from 60kg in Jan)
    Weight of passed lifts
    Squat 83kg
    Bench 44kg
    BOR 40kg-failed
    OHP 20kg -failed
    SLD 48kg
    Curls 25kg
    My Personal mottos
    Do the correct form and don't stroke your ego lifting heavier with bad form.
    Stay of a bloody scale and concentrate on measuring tape to see progress.
    No one can make you mad it is your choice if you want to get mad.

Originally Posted by Time-Man View Post
    Hi nightanole . I realized that this is not a race but a marathon taking your time being patient and slowly advancing . I would like your feedback if we on the right track . Been doing this since June , then had a injury with a pinched nerve in my neck that forced me to basically reset my weights and start over while recovering and getting strength back . We finished our test yesterday and passed on all the weights if you could look at the numbers and give me some feedback i'd appreciate it .

I'm 50 years old 1.98m tall currently 94kg (dropped from 112kg) aiming to drop to 90kg
    Weight of passed lifts
    Squat 90kg
    Bench 44kg
    BOR 44kg
    OHP 22kg
    SLD 52kg
    Curls 30kg

My son is 15 years old 1.87m tall 74kg (up from 60kg in Jan)
    Weight of passed lifts
    Squat 83kg
    Bench 44kg
    BOR 40kg-failed
    OHP 20kg -failed
    SLD 48kg
    Curls 25kg
    Your OHP is low, id be happier seeing it at 30kg when your bench hits 50kg. Since you are good at the squat, i would try doing a deep push press using your medium or light day bench weight. Try it on any 2 days, with a goal of getting 3-5 reps, if you get 5 add weight next time, if you get less that 3, back it off a bit. 1 set. Son can also do this. If son's BOR starts going below 80% of bench for more than a cycle, we will have to work on that too.

Would you recommend me doing all pro for a whole year instead of attempting icf 5x5, considering most people stop within 3 months? Would it be more beneficial in the long run?

Will my forearms grow in AllPro or should I add in some reverse curls?
    Last edited by Vyprath; 12-11-2018 at 05:20 AM.

Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000) Time-Man is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your OHP is low, id be happier seeing it at 30kg when your bench hits 50kg. Since you are good at the squat, i would try doing a deep push press using your medium or light day bench weight. Try it on any 2 days, with a goal of getting 3-5 reps, if you get 5 add weight next time, if you get less that 3, back it off a bit. 1 set. Son can also do this. If son's BOR starts going below 80% of bench for more than a cycle, we will have to work on that too.
    Tnx for replying , you truly have endless patience, yes both me and my son battle with OHP lol actually the one exercise that both of us hate to do and can't figure out why we struggling to do it . If you don't mind explaining deep push press ? I'm little confused and we would really like to improve on it as I figure its one of the best exercises to do to hit delts
    My Personal mottos

Would you recommend me doing all pro for a whole year instead of attempting icf 5x5, considering most people stop within 3 months? Would it be more beneficial in the long run?
    ICF 5x5 is the ultimate first year program. No other program will put on more meat and strength on you. The problem is, most people are not the ultimate lifter/coach/nutritionist. As i said, 1/3 of people just cant handle the program past 90 days genetically, even if they just start with the bar.

Allpro can be ran for a year. After 5-7 cycles odds are you will have to switch to "novice" (3 sets of 4-8 reps for bench/row/squat) and at some point "auto regulated"(which increases weekly tonnage by 25-50%).

At the end of the year, odds are the ICF will have 5lbs more muscle vs the allpro, be at 18-20% bf, and have a much higher true power lifting total. The allpro lifter will at least have flexed abs, and should be able at least match the ICF lifter in a 20 rep squat/bench battle, even at a lower body weight.

Post allpro its recomended to switch to either greyskull LP if you can roll your own program, or the ICF's guys "linear hypertrophy" (not the off season nor intermediate periodization) program.

Tnx for replying , you truly have endless patience, yes both me and my son battle with OHP lol actually the one exercise that both of us hate to do and can't figure out why we struggling to do it . If you don't mind explaining deep push press ? I'm little confused and we would really like to improve on it as I figure its one of the best exercises to do to hit delts
    A push press is a cheater OHP. Its just an OHP that allows you to bend your knees as much as you want. This allows you to use momentum to get the weight going and lockout a weight you couldnt normally use. And the key is when you lower the weight, its a weight you could normally not get up in the first place, so massive amounts of negative work. A "deep" push press just means bend your knees as much as you can. Since a push press can be anything from standing and snapping your knees a bit, to something it looks like a front squat. My push press looks more like a quarter squat, its 4-5" above parallel.

A push press is a cheater OHP. Its just an OHP that allows you to bend your knees as much as you want. This allows you to use momentum to get the weight going and lockout a weight you couldnt normally use. And the key is when you lower the weight, its a weight you could normally not get up in the first place, so massive amounts of negative work. A "deep" push press just means bend your knees as much as you can. Since a push press can be anything from standing and snapping your knees a bit, to something it looks like a front squat. My push press looks more like a quarter squat, its 4-5" above parallel.
    Ahhh gotcha , ok so i substitute that for OHP in heavy and medium day then normal OHP on light day for a cycle ?
    My Personal mottos

Would it be beneficial doing ICF 5x5 for 3 months and then going on to another program, maybe even all pro for the rest of the year?

Or am I just better off doing AllPro all year.

The thing is I don’t think I could handle ICF for more than 90 days, what do you think I should do?

the 100g is the mins remember you can go over, just not under, if you are a high roller, you can eat $15 steak and eggs every day for breakfast, if you perform fine on 200g of protein and 200g of carbs, vs 100g of protein and 300g of carbs.
    But to reiterate if you’re going over on the fats it has the potential to cause unwanted fat gain, correct?

Ahhh gotcha , ok so i substitute that for OHP in heavy and medium day then normal OHP on light day for a cycle ?
    no sub, you do these after the workout for additional OHP volume.

Would it be beneficial doing ICF 5x5 for 3 months and then going on to another program, maybe even all pro for the rest of the year?

Or am I just better off doing AllPro all year.

The thing is I don’t think I could handle ICF for more than 90 days, what do you think I should do?
    I cant honestly recommend a program i know a lifter will only get 90 days out of. You will spend the first 6 weeks just adapting to the program, any program. ive turned people away from allpro because i know they will only get 2-3 cycles before progression gets too fast.

So do you want to spend a month and a half adapting to icf, and burn out in another month and a half, then spend a month and a half adapting to allpro?

I guess if you wanted to you could run icf for a month starting with just the bar just to get a base line of what your strength levels are so you could have an honest 10 rep test for starting allpro.

But to reiterate if you’re going over on the fats it has the potential to cause unwanted fat gain, correct?
    yes, unwanted carbs/protein will make you run hot/twitchy, unwanted fats will get stored.

When you say end of program results is to squat 1.5x bw for example, is that starting of the program bw or at the end?

How much weight should I do for my warmups? For example is my working weight for squats is 50kg, should my warm up sets be bar, 30kg and 40kg?
    Last edited by Vyprath; 12-11-2018 at 10:07 PM.

JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JMFRoss88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yes, unwanted carbs/protein will make you run hot/twitchy, unwanted fats will get stored.
    Is this program up to date? I just now saw it and the link for the diet (the most important read you said) is broken so I cannot get to that thread. Can you fix the link?

Originally Posted by JMFRoss88 View Post
    Is this program up to date? I just now saw it and the link for the diet (the most important read you said) is broken so I cannot get to that thread. Can you fix the link?
    That thread got discontinued years ago. Someone did find an orginal copy a few pages back, but im not hunting for outdated stuff. Here is a link to the current sticky.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=136691851

When you say end of program results is to squat 1.5x bw for example, is that starting of the program bw or at the end?

How much weight should I do for my warmups? For example is my working weight for squats is 50kg, should my warm up sets be bar, 30kg and 40kg?
    Ending numbers are based on body weight you should end with , bmi 24. You can game the system and achieve 10 reps of 1.5x bmi 24 squats, at a bmi of 27, but then you have a lot of cutting to do. Gods gift to lifting may be able to achieve a bmi of 25 while having semi relaxed abs in less than a year of lifting, but for most mere mortals its going to take bmi 24. That isnt to say you cant get to bmi 25 by 18-24 months.

Warmup for something like that will be just the bare bar for 10 reps, and then 1 set of 10 with something that is 1/2-2/3 your heavy day working weight, and you can use that weight for every workout. You do not have to calculate your brain out for medium and light day, and to be honest you may even be fine using that warmup weight for a few cycles. Its not critical, its not there to prevent injury, its a few sub maximal sets to prime your cns, because odds are that was the first time of the day you did that range of movement with any amount of weight. As a n00b your brain forgets how to squat very quickly because you have not done it much.

Ending numbers are based on body weight you should end with , bmi 24. You can game the system and achieve 10 reps of 1.5x bmi 24 squats, at a bmi of 27, but then you have a lot of cutting to do. Gods gift to lifting may be able to achieve a bmi of 25 while having semi relaxed abs in less than a year of lifting, but for most mere mortals its going to take bmi 24. That isnt to say you cant get to bmi 25 by 18-24 months.

Warmup for something like that will be just the bare bar for 10 reps, and then 1 set of 10 with something that is 1/2-2/3 your heavy day working weight, and you can use that weight for every workout. You do not have to calculate your brain out for medium and light day, and to be honest you may even be fine using that warmup weight for a few cycles. Its not critical, its not there to prevent injury, its a few sub maximal sets to prime your cns, because odds are that was the first time of the day you did that range of movement with any amount of weight. As a n00b your brain forgets how to squat very quickly because you have not done it much.
    Is it possible to get resting abs and obliques after 5 cycles of AllPro, if I do abs and obliques 3x a week at the end of each session, as well as lean bulking?

Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sqwatzhurtbad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is it possible to get resting abs and obliques after 5 cycles of AllPro, if I do abs and obliques 3x a week at the end of each session, as well as lean bulking?
    I would guess if you are lean bulking correctly you would be putting on a decent amount of muscle and a small amount of fat so at best your abs would look like they do now, my understanding is it is more about your body fat % than doing ab exercises regularly, ideally your dropping body fat and training abs if your trying to get the abs/obliques showing. Im no expert though

Closed Thread
Page 219 of 290 FirstFirst ... 119 169 209 217 218 219 220 221 229 269 ... LastLast