Page 203 of 270 FirstFirst ... 103 153 193 201 202 203 204 205 213 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,090 of 8076
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cljolley View Post
    On auto-regulated am I to still not rest 90 seconds between sets? And if I wanted to eventually add volume to mimic the Vikings Bare Bones a little more, could I potentially add a third set to some of the exercises? Like I previously mentioned I like the Allpro lineup simply because it doesn’t require much equipment. What would be wrong with adding additional volume? Again, I am bulking at BMI of 21. I am NOT cutting.
    Yes allpro auto regulated is still regulated with the 90 seconds or less rest time between sets (and unlimited rest time between exercises).

Any additional accessories (or additional sets of primaries) should be done after the allpro workout, and not count towards the repgoal numbers. So if you wanted to add a set of squats, you would do the workout, then do 1 extra set of squats at the end, using the normal working weight. It doesnt matter if you only get in 5 or 15 reps, since you are just using them for additional volume, which you hope the additional food will help you recover from.

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    It doesnt matter if you only get in 5 or 15 reps, since you are just using them for additional volume, which you hope the additional food will help you recover from.
    Additional food? Are you suggesting I need to up my calories simply because I am doing an extra set or two of something?

What gets me is that lots of the other workouts on the stickies here have more than 2 working sets on most of the lifts. Why should those workouts be any different than Allpro. It seems like anyone who wants to change one small thing on any of these proven workouts and everyone goes bonkers telling them they’re absolutely setting themselves up for failure and if the workout isn’t followed to the tee then the world will end. I’m not implying you’ve stated this or anything, I’m just expressing how I feel.
    That being said, as I stated before I would really only want to modify the Allpro workout to be more similar to TheVikings or F5 (simply from a volume standpoint. I like the exercise lineup, just seems low volume for my goals) So my question is why wouldn’t that work? You’re taking two proven workouts and trying to complement one with the other.
    Frankly, I’m simply concerned I’m not getting enough volume to build the kind of mass I would like to. If that’s not the case, then I couldn’t care less what kind of workout I’m doing or how similar it is to another. I JUST WANNA BUILD SOME MUSCLE! And if Allpro isn’t the appropriate routine for someone who is starting on a bulk rather than a cut, then I need to find out how to change it up so that it is appropriate. And the reason I don’t want to leave Allpro is once again from my lack of equipment available. Sorry for being so long winded I just really wanted to make myself clear. Does any of that make sense?

EDIT: I apologize for sounding hasty. I did take another look at both F5 and Viking and I guess they really do not have LOADS more volume. However on Vikings the squats are set up with 4 sets and a 32 rep goal. Bench is 3 sets with 25 reps. So I guess let me ask this. What is the difference between doing say 2 sets of twelve, and 3 sets of 5?
    Last edited by cljolley; 08-29-2018 at 11:11 AM.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Additional food? Are you suggesting I need to up my calories simply because I am doing an extra set or two of something?

What gets me is that lots of the other workouts on the stickies here have more than 2 working sets on most of the lifts. Why should those workouts be any different than Allpro. It seems like anyone who wants to change one small thing on any of these proven workouts and everyone goes bonkers telling them they’re absolutely setting themselves up for failure and if the workout isn’t followed to the tee then the world will end. I’m not implying you’ve stated this or anything, I’m just expressing how I feel.
    That being said, as I stated before I would really only want to modify the Allpro workout to be more similar to TheVikings or F5 (simply from a volume standpoint. I like the exercise lineup, just seems low volume for my goals) So my question is why wouldn’t that work? You’re taking two proven workouts and trying to complement one with the other.
    Frankly, I’m simply concerned I’m not getting enough volume to build the kind of mass I would like to. If that’s not the case, then I couldn’t care less what kind of workout I’m doing or how similar it is to another. I JUST WANNA BUILD SOME MUSCLE! And if Allpro isn’t the appropriate routine for someone who is starting on a bulk rather than a cut, then I need to find out how to change it up so that it is appropriate. And the reason I don’t want to leave Allpro is once again from my lack of equipment available. Sorry for being so long winded I just really wanted to make myself clear. Does any of that make sense?

EDIT: I apologize for sounding hasty. I did take another look at both F5 and Viking and I guess they really do not have LOADS more volume. However on Vikings the squats are set up with 4 sets and a 32 rep goal. Bench is 3 sets with 25 reps. So I guess let me ask this. What is the difference between doing say 2 sets of twelve, and 3 sets of 5?

uhhhhhh

Allpro is 45min, with 90 seconds or less rest.
    Its 4 sets per muscle group, 1 compound primary and 1 compound accessory.
    "most" beginner routines have 3-5 sets per lift, BUT, the lift is not practiced 3 days a week.
    I dont think you have realized that on allpro you have 7 compound exercises 3 days a week.

As for my "food" thing. You are "bulking". You are upping your daily calories(which in and off itself is anabolic) in order to increase weekly recovery, which means you can handle more weekly tonnage, either with more sets/frequency, or increased rate of progression. You are not eating to gain weight, you are eating to continue/increase progression.

Allpro allows 2 accessories at the end of the program. This is where you could program in some extra sets of the primaries, or completely different exercises.

People only lose their minds responding to people who want to change the program, who have not even ran the program for 90 days (or even 10 days) to see how they respond to the program as written...

AND FINALLY ASK ANYONE WHO IS ON CYCLE 3+ HOW THEY WOULD FEEL ABOUT ADDING 1-2 EXTRA SETS OF SQUATS/ROW/BENCH.

And once they stop mermering to themselves and the color comes back to their faces, they will say why dont you come back and post after week 3 cycle 1
    Last edited by nightanole; 08-29-2018 at 12:27 PM.

cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000) cljolley is just really nice. (+1000)
    Haha. Okay I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to be a jerk or anything. I am more than willing to continue the program in its unaltered state for the time being. I guess I’m just concerned that I won’t build muscle. I’ll add a couple accessories over the next few weeks and see if I feel any better.
    So I’m still a bit confused about your food comment. Are you saying I should be upping my calories weekly or were you just simply referring to a general caloric surplus?

AND FINALLY ASK ANYONE WHO IS ON CYCLE 3+ HOW THEY WOULD FEEL ABOUT ADDING 1-2 EXTRA SETS OF SQUATS/ROW/BENCH.

And once they stop mermering to themselves and the color comes back to their faces, they will say why dont you come back and post after week 3 cycle 1
    I will stop questioning the program for now. I’ll come back on cycle three and see how I feel. Hopefully you’re absolutely right. I’m just tired of being a skinny wimp. I’m sure anyone could understand that. Lol.

Haha. Okay I’m sorry I wasn’t trying to be a jerk or anything. I am more than willing to continue the program in its unaltered state for the time being. I guess I’m just concerned that I won’t build muscle. I’ll add a couple accessories over the next few weeks and see if I feel any better.
    So I’m still a bit confused about your food comment. Are you saying I should be upping my calories weekly or were you just simply referring to a general caloric surplus?
    Generic caloric surplus.

ideally in 5-7 cycles you should be at bmi 24 and be benching body weight for 10 reps, and squatting 1.25-1.5x body weight for 10 reps. So the question is how much do you have to eat to gain 2 bmi points in 6 months?

Generic caloric surplus.

ideally in 5-7 cycles you should be at bmi 24 and be benching body weight for 10 reps, and squatting 1.25-1.5x body weight for 10 reps. So the question is how much do you have to eat to gain 2 bmi points in 6 months?
    Well, Im eating 3000 calories a day right now. Seems to be a good surplus. Maybe a hair too much, but Ill scale it back if I see the scale moving too fast. Tracking weight with a rolling average currently...

ahmedhappy312 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello Night
    I am running auto version for awhile now and I was wondering considering that I have a bit of a saggy chest can I replace flat bench press with decline bench press with same weights?

Originally Posted by ahmedhappy312 View Post
    Hello Night
    I am running auto version for awhile now and I was wondering considering that I have a bit of a saggy chest can I replace flat bench press with decline bench press with same weights?
    decline will require a weight bump, but ya you can do it. If you wanted to go out on a limb, you could also replace it with chest dips if you have a weight belt. The only down side of not benching, is you wont be good at the bench for a few weeks when you start benching again, but its not required unless you are competing, or your sport requires bench testing.

decline will require a weight bump, but ya you can do it. If you wanted to go out on a limb, you could also replace it with chest dips if you have a weight belt. The only down side of not benching, is you wont be good at the bench for a few weeks when you start benching again, but its not required unless you are competing, or your sport requires bench testing.
    How much of a pump I should go maybe 10% ? (I am currently working around 75% of my 1rep max which is 37KG.

I have a dip bench and an assisted dip machine, I have tried the assisted once and I felt the burn (in chest and triceps) that I don't ever feel with my bench press (if I go with it I do it allPro style 2 warm-up and 2 working sets)

another question if I am to stop working out for a couple of weeks on regulated version and I need to go back, which reps I should start with? this is important as I had to stop at 12/10 week and restarted with 10/8 week now I will need to stop again and I am at 12/10

considering my change in location now, I go to gym 2 days a week so I am actually doing 2 heavies a week and 45mins cardio (not HIIT and not LISS just something in between) after each weight session, am I going a bit too far for 1 day session? and if so how you suggest I manage these 2 days?

How much of a pump I should go maybe 10% ? (I am currently working around 75% of my 1rep max which is 37KG.

I have a dip bench and an assisted dip machine, I have tried the assisted once and I felt the burn (in chest and triceps) that I don't ever feel with my bench press (if I go with it I do it allPro style 2 warm-up and 2 working sets)

another question if I am to stop working out for a couple of weeks on regulated version and I need to go back, which reps I should start with? this is important as I had to stop at 12/10 week and restarted with 10/8 week now I will need to stop again and I am at 12/10

considering my change in location now, I go to gym 2 days a week so I am actually doing 2 heavies a week and 45mins cardio (not HIIT and not LISS just something in between) after each weight session, am I going a bit too far for 1 day session? and if so how you suggest I manage these 2 days?

Decline should be a 5% bump, incline would be a -5% bump.

if you stop working out for at least 2 weeks, i would deload 10%. Since you are on auto regulated, you will "pass" every workout for a week and be right back to the original working weight.

And you cant over do it with cardio as long as the pace is sustainable for at least 45min. And you cant over do it on auto regulated at all as long as there is a 72 hour rest window each week. Even doing auto regulated 5 days week is ok, since your reps will just drop as the daily fatigue sets in.

What do think of assisted dip machine? Does it worth the switch from flat bench press?

wick825 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yeah, no thanks! I can barely get through them the first 2 sets!

So I started Cycle 6 this week and wanted to see if you thought I was on track with my weights. I did need to reset twice because of injuries in Cycle 4 and Cycle 5. I'm 6'-2" and have been sticking around 225-230lbs the whole program. Losing fat and gaining muscle from taking progress pictures.

Squat: Cycle 1 @ 135 / Now @ 190
    Bench: Cycle 1 @ 85 / Now @ 135 (doing 10 sets of 3 as you suggested for my shoulder issues, I'm at 7 sets this week)
    BOR: Cycle 1 @ 70 / Now @ 105
    OHP: Cycle 1 @ 55 / Now @ 65
    SLDL: Cycle 1 @ 75 / Now @ 125

I've been doing curls and calf raises as my accessories the past 5 cycles, but wanted to see what you thought about adding something else besides those, maybe to help out with my overhead press.
    Last edited by wick825; 08-30-2018 at 02:21 PM.

What do think of assisted dip machine? Does it worth the switch from flat bench press?
    My shoulders do not like flat/incline bench. They love decline and dips. So i only flat bench 1 week every few months for practice.

Some people are naturally good flat benchers (just like some have that natural rut in their back for low bar squats). So its up to you. You could always try it and then just come back to flat or decline if you notice a decline in progress. I can dip as much as i can flat bench if you count bw+dip belt.

Originally Posted by wick825 View Post
    Yeah, no thanks! I can barely get through them the first 2 sets!

So I started Cycle 6 this week and wanted to see if you thought I was on track with my weights. I did need to reset twice because of injuries in Cycle 4 and Cycle 5. I'm 6'-2" and have been sticking around 225-230lbs the whole program. Losing fat and gaining muscle from taking progress pictures.

Squat: Cycle 1 @ 135 / Now @ 190
    Bench: Cycle 1 @ 85 / Now @ 135 (doing 10 sets of 3 as you suggested for my shoulder issues, I'm at 7 sets this week)
    BOR: Cycle 1 @ 70 / Now @ 105
    OHP: Cycle 1 @ 55 / Now @ 65
    SLDL: Cycle 1 @ 75 / Now @ 125

I've been doing curls and calf raises as my accessories the past 5 cycles, but wanted to see what you thought about adding something else besides those, maybe to help out with my overhead press.
    OHP doesnt look bad.

Squat is kinda low, as by cycle 6 you really should be at least at bw working weight.

You could try a combo accessory. Deep push press. So go down as far as you can. I would start off with your heavy day OHP weight for 1 set, as these are going to be arse kickers for your endurance.

Normally i would try for 2 plate squats at the end of the workout for a few reps in a power cage, but with your shoulder issues, ditching the weight or puting a large load on them may not be the best option right now.

wick825 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OHP doesnt look bad.

Squat is kinda low, as by cycle 6 you really should be at least at bw working weight.

You could try a combo accessory. Deep push press. So go down as far as you can. I would start off with your heavy day OHP weight for 1 set, as these are going to be arse kickers for your endurance.

Normally i would try for 2 plate squats at the end of the workout for a few reps in a power cage, but with your shoulder issues, ditching the weight or puting a large load on them may not be the best option right now.
    I felt like I failed my last test on squat, so I kept the weight for this cycle. I pushed through the last 2, but they were ugly, and I took maybe a 5 breath break between # 10, 11 & 12.

I'll try the push press tonight and add it to the end of the workout. If I'm feeling saucy, will it kill me to do a 2nd set of it or just see ow I feel after the first set?

Originally Posted by wick825 View Post
    I felt like I failed my last test on squat, so I kept the weight for this cycle. I pushed through the last 2, but they were ugly, and I took maybe a 5 breath break between # 10, 11 & 12.

I'll try the push press tonight and add it to the end of the workout. If I'm feeling saucy, will it kill me to do a 2nd set of it or just see ow I feel after the first set?
    I would not try a second set. Like i said these are arse kickers. Odds are there is going to be a good amount of doms the next days, so stick to 1 set to a slow rep, RPE 8-9.

Dom2090 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try good mornings first. If you are a desk jockey you might not be able to go down very far, some cant even make it to the knees.

Honestly there is not much difference between a modern romanian and a modern SLDL, the only difference is moving the bar away from the body a few more inches in the SLDL. If your rom sucks at one, it will suck at the other. The romanian will help teach how to load the hams, and the SLDL will put the sticking point on the back. Putting the sticking point on the back means that if your back cant take it, the bar wont move. On the other hand with the romanian, Its easy to over load the back with the legs, so you need to be careful. An even more drastic version for putting the sticking point on the back is the "good morning". However just doing good mornings means very little grip work on the program.
    Just Finished week one and holy hell my lower back off SLD is hurting aching just when im stitting at work, but sharp pain when i stand from sitting is there and alternative to this, It doesnt hurt when I preform the exersises just for like 2 days after.

it feels like the fain is from muscles connected to spine. Im 6'4, squat form is good but could also be from rows. not quite sure whats causing it. @nightanole

It could also be my body going APE at the excersise ime putting it through.

Im also doing this in a calorie deficit as a complete beginner as im 112 kg looking to lose about 15 kg, should I reconsider options for workout, My aim is to basicly lose weight before i build muscle or have i got my priorties wrong. should i surplus and just bulid muscle to replace fat if thats how it works and then cut.
    Last edited by Dom2090; 08-31-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Originally Posted by Dom2090 View Post
    Just Finished week one and holy hell my lower back off SLD is hurting aching just when im stitting at work, but sharp pain when i stand from sitting is there and alternative to this, It doesnt hurt when I preform the exersises just for like 2 days after.

it feels like the fain is from muscles connected to spine. Im 6'4, squat form is good but could also be from rows. not quite sure whats causing it. @nightanole

It could also be my body going APE at the excersise ime putting it through.

Im also doing this in a calorie deficit as a complete beginner as im 112 kg looking to lose about 15 kg, should I reconsider options for workout, My aim is to basicly lose weight before i build muscle or have i got my priorties wrong. should i surplus and just bulid muscle to replace fat if thats how it works and then cut.
    This is the only program i know if that can be ran on a cut unaltered.

As for the SLDL/goodmorning(not sure which you picked), lower the weight. This is a rom exercise, the goal is to get lower, not increase the weight. This is not westside barbell where day 1 you are doing 4 plate power good mornings.

Dom2090 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is the only program i know if that can be ran on a cut unaltered.

As for the SLDL/goodmorning(not sure which you picked), lower the weight. This is a rom exercise, the goal is to get lower, not increase the weight. This is not westside barbell where day 1 you are doing 4 plate power good mornings.
    Thanks for this I will do that from Monday i get pretty low anyway but maybe its 2 heavy I'm going 60 KG including barbell, I already lowered squat weight and row weight as i felt i was compramising form for weight thinking i was going to be Arnie after one session

It was SLDL i just went from the original post.ill drop it to 50kg on From Monday after 2 days rest this weekend.

Ill continue with my cut and see how i get on with it may be the old Noobie gains i see posted all over the net will help me

RidiculousName is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey nightanole, sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm only using a little weight and I don't have any 2.5 lb weights. I can't take exactly %10 or %20 off some days. Do I have to buy 2.5 lb weights or is there a workaround somehow?

I workout in a room with a low ceiling. Is it okay to bend my legs into a deep squat when I do overhead presses, or do I have to do them sitting?

I felt dizzy at the end of my workout today, should I reduce the weights?
    Last edited by RidiculousName; 08-31-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Originally Posted by RidiculousName View Post
    Hey nightanole, sorry if these are stupid questions. I'm only using a little weight and I don't have any 2.5 lb weights. I can't take exactly %10 or %20 off some days. Do I have to buy 2.5 lb weights or is there a workaround somehow?

I workout in a room with a low ceiling. Is it okay to bend my legs into a deep squat when I do overhead presses, or do I have to do them sitting?

I felt dizzy at the end of my workout today, should I reduce the weights?
    1) i would make some diy chain weights. I just went to the hardware store and figured out that 20 links or whatever was 1.25lbs, and had the guy cut 2 lengths, and i just made some hoops with some zip ties. This allowed me to go up in 2.5lb increments on the OHP. Some hardware stores will even have some giant washers that are .5lbs each, and you can just slide a few of them on.

2) If doing seated its recommended to switch to the arnold press. If you cant do that, then just do the OHP seated, just try not to get into the habit of leaning back, and turning it more into an incline bench.

3) You need to learn to breath, and odds are you need to rest between exercises till your conditioning improves. Its not uncommon for me to have numb limps after an intense workout that involves push presses. Eating food, or taking a preworkout is not going to help. However (and most dont like this) doing the recomended cardio will help with conditioning(and its not really meant for weightloss, 3x10k jogs is only like 1500 cals a week).

RidiculousName is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks!

I walk my dog for about thirty minutes before workouts. We stop all the time whenever he wants to smell something or take a dump. Will this interfere with my workout?

Originally Posted by RidiculousName View Post
    Thanks!

I walk my dog for about thirty minutes before workouts. We stop all the time whenever he wants to smell something or take a dump. Will this interfere with my workout?
    Nope. About the only thing that affects the weekly workouts is true HIIT and being carb depleted preworkout. So as long as you ate some carbs 4-6 hours before walking the dog, you should be fine, plenty of people go on the treadmill for 10-15min before they start working out anyway.

FoxHound99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi nightanole! thanks for taking the time to keep this thread going.
    Im helping my cousin get on this program and needed some pointers.
    He is 275lb 6'1" and needs to lose a lot of weight, we are currently working on his nutrition and meal prepping.
    Is this a good program for him overall for this goal? He has very little strength for his size, he can barely bench 15lb and his squat numbers were around 20lb without coming down all the way.

He is having some problems with properly squatting, he cant get down to almost 120 degrees.
    He also has trouble with bent over rows and keeping his back straight. I was wondering if can replace the bent over row with a machine that lets his chest rest while facing down and replicates the same movement as bent over rows. As far as squats go, any advice to help with flexibility?

THanks in advance, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Originally Posted by FoxHound99 View Post
    Hi nightanole! thanks for taking the time to keep this thread going.
    Im helping my cousin get on this program and needed some pointers.
    He is 275lb 6'1" and needs to lose a lot of weight, we are currently working on his nutrition and meal prepping.
    Is this a good program for him overall for this goal? He has very little strength for his size, he can barely bench 15lb and his squat numbers were around 20lb without coming down all the way.

He is having some problems with properly squatting, he cant get down to almost 120 degrees.
    He also has trouble with bent over rows and keeping his back straight. I was wondering if can replace the bent over row with a machine that lets his chest rest while facing down and replicates the same movement as bent over rows. As far as squats go, any advice to help with flexibility?

THanks in advance, any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated!

If he needs to start the program with just a plastic pipe to mimic the bar, so be it. So have him row with nothing but something that mimics a bar bell, so he can get strong in that position. Chest supported rows are for people who already did a crap load of back volume.

As for squats. Id start him off with a high box, box squat, and lower the box once a week till hes squatting bellow parallel. Again this can be done unweighted with a plastic pipe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP2b1KnLIUw

tropical94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    is this still the main beginner routine to start with?

Originally Posted by tropical94 View Post
    is this still the main beginner routine to start with?
    Any sticky is a beginner. This is the main "cutting" routine to start with.

yesildag00 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey im doing fierce 5 novice routine for close to 3 months and i cant add weight weekly , im gaining 1kg per week, im skinny fat 18 years old guy. ppl saying dont change programs just eat more but im getting fat instead of making progress. Im not saying the program is bad but maybe it dosent work for me ? and i cant keep up the form by adding weight after i get 5 reps. i rather add reps then weight. And i feel like i will get injured someday.

i want to change to allpros but i see you make an update the program, auto regulated version.
    It looks like just as i want. I want to add reps each workout by eating small surplus and minimize fat gain.
    you think its a good idea to change it ? im so done with the 5 rep programs

( i look fat without shirts and skinny with shirts tho, and most of the fat in my body in my chests. I feel like its genetics, i lost 30 kgs in the past by doing just cardio so my chest saggy ( skinlooss) plus it still has some fat in it but i dont want to lose fat because i know i will look very skinny if i do , i just want to gain muscle without gaining too much fat.
    Last edited by yesildag00; 09-01-2018 at 12:40 PM.

FoxHound99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If he needs to start the program with just a plastic pipe to mimic the bar, so be it. So have him row with nothing but something that mimics a bar bell, so he can get strong in that position. Chest supported rows are for people who already did a crap load of back volume.

As for squats. Id start him off with a high box, box squat, and lower the box once a week till hes squatting bellow parallel. Again this can be done unweighted with a plastic pipe.
    Awesome, thanks a lot man man!
    I really appreciate the help.