Closed Thread
Page 16 of 290 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Road2bBeast View Post
    Approximately how many calories are being burned upon completion of 1 full day of the workout?

I'm currently cutting, and I wana see how much extra food I can sneak in since I'm always starving
    If you were not gaining/loosing weight, and started allpro, you would drop about a half pound a week. So maybe 500 cals a workout if you include the afterburn effect.

PS: you might want to look into potatoes, they are the most satiating thing on the planet per calorie. I love watching people try to cut on rice, which doesnt even come out the other end...

Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100)

Question

Thanks, yea I don't include rice at all to be honest. I'm addicted to granola and peanuts at the moment for any carbs and fiber I might need....

Hey do you think you'd be able to tell me where I can find an accurate calorie intake calculator? I've been searching but the outcomes I get are so vast, that I get confused on whether or not I should be cutting anyway, and stick to bulking. Maybe you guys can give me an estimate.

Height - 6'1
    Weight - 270
    I want to estimate my body fat is around the 30 -36 percentile ...
    On a bulk, I found myself eating 3500 calories, but as for a deficit, I don't even know where to begin.

Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10) Phoenixfires is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Its fine as long as you do them palms down. I recommend the inverted row first. You can also switch them out for lat pulldowns or assisted chinups if you want to take the back completely out of the equation.
    I'm a noob so this might be really stupid, but I think not putting a large amount of weight on my lower back like BORs do would be a good idea. I'll try inverted rows, but I seem to find that my bodyweight is too light and I have to do tons of reps. I'm considering Lat Pulldowns, chin ups, pull ups (I can do 3x8-12 unassisted depending on how decently in shape I'm in so I might stick with unassisted. Should I switch to assisted?) or Dumbbell rows. Which do you think would be the best choice? Thanks so much!

Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I lower the bar if I make my elbows perpendicular to the floor I end up below the nipples slightly ( I thought I shoud lower to above them slightly. I will try what you said today)
    Today is my light day I will add 20% and see how it goes
    And for squats you are right I am going really low like really less than a few inches from the ground.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks, yea I don't include rice at all to be honest. I'm addicted to granola and peanuts at the moment for any carbs and fiber I might need....

Hey do you think you'd be able to tell me where I can find an accurate calorie intake calculator? I've been searching but the outcomes I get are so vast, that I get confused on whether or not I should be cutting anyway, and stick to bulking. Maybe you guys can give me an estimate.

Height - 6'1
    Weight - 270
    I want to estimate my body fat is around the 30 -36 percentile ...
    On a bulk, I found myself eating 3500 calories, but as for a deficit, I don't even know where to begin.
    Myfitnesspal can track your intake. As for what you need, all the calcs will tell you you need to eat like a horse. I recommend most people start with 100g of fat/protein and 200-300g of carbs. Its about 2000 cals and people can adjust from there. On allpro you should start by cutting to 13%ish (tensed abs) and then reevaluate.

Originally Posted by Phoenixfires View Post
    I'm a noob so this might be really stupid, but I think not putting a large amount of weight on my lower back like BORs do would be a good idea. I'll try inverted rows, but I seem to find that my bodyweight is too light and I have to do tons of reps. I'm considering Lat Pulldowns, chin ups, pull ups (I can do 3x8-12 unassisted depending on how decently in shape I'm in so I might stick with unassisted. Should I switch to assisted?) or Dumbbell rows. Which do you think would be the best choice? Thanks so much!
    If you can do inverted row with your feet parallel to the bar, you are a god. Most cant even do them at a 45 degree angle. if you can do pullups (palms away) for 8-12 then go with that. Then you can start adding weight next cycle if you get the 2 sets of 12.

Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Marwan4449 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I dont know man I tried what you said about sucking air and pulling my belly button to my spine and went a little less than parallel but I couldnt see clearly in the mirorr but I think I was butt winking since I saw my butt shoot back when I go up and for the other exercises it all went well especially the Bent over row I felt it more in the lats this time

munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think we might have stumbled onto something. You are changing direction mid hindge which can cause some problems since the joint is the weakest when it is half way open.

I would keep the hammer grip, narrow the grip, and maybe switch to floor press instead of stopping at that location.
    Tried the floor press yesterday…I think you just saved my shoulder. Genius! I can’t believe how low I must have been going. It feels like a completely different exercise, and I’m pretty sure it targeted my chest more. Makes me wonder what the heck I was doing previously! Anyway…

Need some more advice (shocking!).

I travel often for work, so keeping to the schedule can be a bear. Some hotels have great gyms, some not to much. I checked out the gym for tomorrow (light day), and here’s what I’ve got to work with in relation to my normal routine. Can you provide some guidance?

Landmine Squats (95lbs): I can’t do landmines at this gym, do I replace with goblet squat? If so, what weight DB do I use if I’ve been landmining 95lbs on light day? It’s obviously not a straight swap.

DB floor press (35lbs): all good there

Low Cable Row (40lbs): No pulley machine. Do I try inverted rows? How do I factor in the equivalent of 40lbs on the cable?

Standing Dumbell Press (35lbs): good

Leg curls (70lbs): good

Chin ups (60%): No assisted chin up machine, but there’s a lat pull down. What weight? My light day on the chin up is me lifting 60% of my bodyweight, which is 90lbs

Calf raise (30lbs): good

Farmer's Walk: need an alternative. Do I try good mornings with light DB?

Originally Posted by munichveteran View Post
    Tried the floor press yesterday…I think you just saved my shoulder. Genius! I can’t believe how low I must have been going. It feels like a completely different exercise, and I’m pretty sure it targeted my chest more. Makes me wonder what the heck I was doing previously! Anyway…

Need some more advice (shocking!).

I travel often for work, so keeping to the schedule can be a bear. Some hotels have great gyms, some not to much. I checked out the gym for tomorrow (light day), and here’s what I’ve got to work with in relation to my normal routine. Can you provide some guidance?

Landmine Squats (95lbs): I can’t do landmines at this gym, do I replace with goblet squat? If so, what weight DB do I use if I’ve been landmining 95lbs on light day? It’s obviously not a straight swap.

DB floor press (35lbs): all good there

Low Cable Row (40lbs): No pulley machine. Do I try inverted rows? How do I factor in the equivalent of 40lbs on the cable?

Standing Dumbell Press (35lbs): good

Leg curls (70lbs): good

Chin ups (60%): No assisted chin up machine, but there’s a lat pull down. What weight? My light day on the chin up is me lifting 60% of my bodyweight, which is 90lbs

Calf raise (30lbs): good

Farmer's Walk: need an alternative. Do I try good mornings with light DB?
    goblets, try 45lbs

inverted rows i would try keeping the bar 4ft high and aim to hit the chest at nipple line.
    chins i would just do half your unassisted max.

farmers i would skip, its an accessory.

SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have a question about adding activities on rest days :

Can we do other sports without messing up the program (for example soccer, boxing or breakdancing) ? Running by itself can be pretty boring...

Originally Posted by SmackBang77 View Post
    I have a question about adding activities on rest days :

Can we do other sports without messing up the program (for example soccer, boxing or breakdancing) ? Running by itself can be pretty boring...
    You can do anything you can sustain for 45min+, even if you only do said activity for 20min.

You cant do 45min of hill sprints without dying, so dont do that, you cant do 16min 5k running for 45min without dying, so dont do that, you cant do true HIIT for 45min without dying.

You want to do a double shift at the warehouse, go for it.

You want to do sports go for it. I will make a note that most beginner routines are off season routines. Your performance on the field will be somewhat degraded. I would not want to do a heavy the day before the big game.

Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100) Road2bBeast is not very well liked. (-100)
    So right now I'm almost a week in on the program and my week looks something like this.

S - Allpro Day1
    M - Insanity CD pure cardio
    T - Allpro Day 2
    W- Insanity CD pure cardio
    T- Allpro Day 3
    F - Insanity CD pure cardio
    S - Rest day.

I wanted to know if it was ok to implement a dumbell/machine training day just so I get the most gains/cuts I possibly can. It would look something like

Chest - dumbell bench press
    Tris - Cable pull downs
    Back - dumbell rows
    Legs - Seated leg press
    Bis - hammer curls

Each only 2 - 4 sets, with about 65 percent of my maxes.

I have a membership for planet fitness but I find myself working out at home more with this program.

SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can do anything you can sustain for 45min+, even if you only do said activity for 20min.

You cant do 45min of hill sprints without dying, so dont do that, you cant do 16min 5k running for 45min without dying, so dont do that, you cant do true HIIT for 45min without dying.

You want to do a double shift at the warehouse, go for it.

You want to do sports go for it. I will make a note that most beginner routines are off season routines. Your performance on the field will be somewhat degraded. I would not want to do a heavy the day before the big game.
    Ok perfect, was just worried that the muscles wouldn't recover well enough if I did something else than running (like shoulders not recovering well enough if I do boxing ). Thanks man

So right now I'm almost a week in on the program and my week looks something like this.

S - Allpro Day1
    M - Insanity CD pure cardio
    T - Allpro Day 2
    W- Insanity CD pure cardio
    T- Allpro Day 3
    F - Insanity CD pure cardio
    S - Rest day.

I wanted to know if it was ok to implement a dumbell/machine training day just so I get the most gains/cuts I possibly can. It would look something like

Chest - dumbell bench press
    Tris - Cable pull downs
    Back - dumbell rows
    Legs - Seated leg press
    Bis - hammer curls

Each only 2 - 4 sets, with about 65 percent of my maxes.

I have a membership for planet fitness but I find myself working out at home more with this program.
    I wouldn't recommend it since that is a pretty big jump in weekly volume. Allpro heavy is 70%. If you know how to lift and want to go all out, switch to auto regulated 4 days a week. Your other option is to split up "machine day" to have half the exercises done directly after medium/light days.

Lelant0s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hope to start this routine soon but have a few questions first. Although I have read SS I am still a complete beginner to Strength Training so please bear that in mind.

Will I benefit from the same in terms of linear progression as doing SS/SL?

Would I benefit from recomping rather than a traditional bulk/cut on this routine?
    If so can you please direct me to a good guide on doing so if you have access to one

Originally Posted by Lelant0s View Post
    Hope to start this routine soon but have a few questions first. Although I have read SS I am still a complete beginner to Strength Training so please bear that in mind.

Will I benefit from the same in terms of linear progression as doing SS/SL?

Would I benefit from recomping rather than a traditional bulk/cut on this routine?
    If so can you please direct me to a good guide on doing so if you have access to one
    Uh....

SS/SL can be ran for a year on a bulk if you are a masochist.

Allpro is normally ran 5-7 cycles and you come out with tensed abs showing at least.

It is recommended to run allpro on a cut till around 13% (tensed abs), then decide to bulk/cut.

Recommended starting macros are 100grams of fats/protein and 200-300 grams of carbs. Adjust if recovery/progression is affected.

As a side note, recomps seldom work for beginners. They work great for 2-3-4 year lifters that are only putting on a few pounds a year, and are only putting on 10% to the bar weight each year.

Lelant0s has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Uh....

SS/SL can be ran for a year on a bulk if you are a masochist.

Allpro is normally ran 5-7 cycles and you come out with tensed abs showing at least.

It is recommended to run allpro on a cut till around 13% (tensed abs), then decide to bulk/cut.

Recommended starting macros are 100grams of fats/protein and 200-300 grams of carbs. Adjust if recovery/progression is affected.

As a side note, recomps seldom work for beginners. They work great for 2-3-4 year lifters that are only putting on a few pounds a year, and are only putting on 10% to the bar weight each year.
    Thanks very much as a beginner this program is just a bit daunting is all, seems like a lot of volume but I guess I'll give it a shot.

HarenJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey
    I was wondering how flexible it is to drop weights by 10% and then 20%. I feel like I'm not working myself at all going to the gym, doing 20% less on my weights.

Originally Posted by HarenJ View Post
    Hey
    I was wondering how flexible it is to drop weights by 10% and then 20%. I feel like I'm not working myself at all going to the gym, doing 20% less on my weights.
    If weights are properly tuned medium day should require the most effort, and light day should feel like a mini deload.

If you want to run 3-4 heavies a week, do the auto regulated version.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1376160513

If you want a lot more volume, try butchered
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=164593351

But honestly you are not going to be adding more than 10% to the bar after 90 days no matter what program you are on. Infact adding volume when you are not ready will just mean a lowered working weight.
    Last edited by nightanole; 12-06-2015 at 07:01 AM.

OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000) OryxOryx is just really nice. (+1000)
    If my last rep or two of a set of squats I end up using my back too much (like a squat/good morning)... that counts as a failed rep?

Originally Posted by OryxOryx View Post
    If my last rep or two of a set of squats I end up using my back too much (like a squat/good morning)... that counts as a failed rep?
    Nope that is normal, as your fatigue you will start moving the bar more forward, which causes your arse to shoot up first, which turns it into a good morning.

Either you have weak quads, or have the bar too far forward and are fatiguing too quick.

What fixed mine was a new Que. Instead of "get legs straight" or "get bar up", I went with "push floor away" and "push bar back". Right now you are trying to just get the legs straight, try to think half way up "push bar back" so your hips stay under the bar and dont shoot back.

But a rep is a rep as long as form doesnt compromise and you hit depth. You just need to work on efficient locomotion else you are going to hit a wall soon.

Ajax1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hee Guys,

Ive been doing the all pro routine for 3 cycles.
    Its going good, and especially the heavy dans are rally tough. So first i would like to thans all pro for making this routine!

Now i have a question. After the workouts i dont any muscle soreness. My muscles do feel a little fatigued but no soreness whatsoever. Now i know it is not a must to get muscle soreness but after 3 cycles you should have tought i would get soms muscle soreness.

How is this by you guys? Am i focussing to much on getint the weight up instead of contracting my muscles and longer time under tension?

I would like to haar your experience on this matter!

My apologies for my english, i am not a natie speaker!

Originally Posted by Ajax1990 View Post
    Hee Guys,

Ive been doing the all pro routine for 3 cycles.
    Its going good, and especially the heavy dans are rally tough. So first i would like to thans all pro for making this routine!

Now i have a question. After the workouts i dont any muscle soreness. My muscles do feel a little fatigued but no soreness whatsoever. Now i know it is not a must to get muscle soreness but after 3 cycles you should have tought i would get soms muscle soreness.

How is this by you guys? Am i focussing to much on getint the weight up instead of contracting my muscles and longer time under tension?

I would like to haar your experience on this matter!

My apologies for my english, i am not a natie speaker!
    The longer your lifting career the less likely you will be sore after a workout. You can still get beat and fatigued with no strength the next day, but not sore. And time under tension is bro science, you want the rep as quick as possible.

Ajax1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you nightanole!
    The split schema with 4 different biceps excersises had made me used to muscle soreness.

Onze more question is that i dont get the buren in my muscles (quad, chest) woensdag im benaming or squating. I tought it was because i was doing it to fast or that my stance was to wilde while squating.

Do you reckon i should focus the squats more on the quad (smaller stance) or just push as much weight as possible without losing form?

Originally Posted by Ajax1990 View Post
    Thank you nightanole!
    The split schema with 4 different biceps excersises had made me used to muscle soreness.

Onze more question is that i dont get the buren in my muscles (quad, chest) woensdag im benaming or squating. I tought it was because i was doing it to fast or that my stance was to wilde while squating.

Do you reckon i should focus the squats more on the quad (smaller stance) or just push as much weight as possible without losing form?
    I would increase speed of the lift and maybe try to reduce rest time. Burn will come with higher fatigued reps. Increasing weight will not increase burn.

Hi, just wondering what do you do if a cycle isn't going quite as planned ; Let's say that during 10 rep week you really start struggling and can barely manage to finish the heavy day, do you keep going on until you fail on the 11-rep week ? (if you fail, that is) Or do you immediately reset as soon as you realize you've reached the max ?

Thanks

Hi, just wondering what do you do if a cycle isn't going quite as planned ; Let's say that during 10 rep week you really start struggling and can barely manage to finish the heavy day, do you keep going on until you fail on the 11-rep week ? (if you fail, that is) Or do you immediately reset as soon as you realize you've reached the max ?

Thanks
    You deal with failed reps on 11-12 rep heavy days, and fail test day, and repeat next cycle with the same weights. Though odds are on 12 rep heavy day that 10th rep will feel alot easier than on 10 rep week.

You deal with failed reps on 11-12 rep heavy days, and fail test day, and repeat next cycle with the same weights. Though odds are on 12 rep heavy day that 10th rep will feel alot easier than on 10 rep week.
    Thanks again man

I forget where I read that, but somewhere it said that allpro was not designed for weight loss, right ?

I am currently above 20% Bf and considering to start losing some weight at the end of this cycle, what would you have to do with the program ? (also, is it too early to consider losing weight if I'm still weak ?)

Stats : 5'9'' 174 pounds.

This week's weights: Cycle 2 Week 2

Squat 100 lbs 9 reps,
    BP 120 lbs 9 reps,
    BOR 82.5 lbs 9 reps,
    OHP 65 lbs 9 reps,
    Good morning 65 lbs 9 reps
    BB curl 55 lbs 9 reps
    BB grip calf raise 80 lbs 9 reps

I forget where I read that, but somewhere it said that allpro was not designed for weight loss, right ?

I am currently above 20% Bf and considering to start losing some weight at the end of this cycle, what would you have to do with the program ? (also, is it too early to consider losing weight if I'm still weak ?)

Stats : 5'9'' 174 pounds.

This week's weights: Cycle 2 Week 2

Squat 100 lbs 9 reps,
    BP 120 lbs 9 reps,
    BOR 82.5 lbs 9 reps,
    OHP 65 lbs 9 reps,
    Good morning 65 lbs 9 reps
    BB curl 55 lbs 9 reps
    BB grip calf raise 80 lbs 9 reps
    Allpro is meant to be ran on a cut till 13%, so it is one of the few beginner programs that can be ran without bulking. Good luck trying to cut while starting a 5x5 program.

Allpro is meant to be ran on a cut till 13%, so it is one of the few beginner programs that can be ran without bulking. Good luck trying to cut while starting a 5x5 program.
    I didn't really understand, what is a 5x5 program ? And did you mean I can cut until 13% with allpro, no adjustments necessary ?

Closed Thread