Closed Thread
Page 120 of 290 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 8698
    nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JeanRoqua View Post
    Hi nightanole.

If I add "total upper body workout" by sixpackshortcuts on Tuesday and thursday at 50-75% of 1rm plus some ab excercises would that be ok? I am starting 3rd cycle and I haven't seen any results yet. I hope a little extra workout might do the trick
    No its too much volume.

If you think you can move faster, or handle more volume, switch to either of these, they will have 50% more weekly tonnage lifted:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1376160513
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=172565211

Plus 2 full cycles is only 2-3lbs of muscle gain if you are gods gift to lifting. You are not going to see even a 10lb change if you are over 15% bf.

JeanRoqua has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I see. I must have smth around 25% body fat. I ve dropped the calories and I have been monitoring​ my macros during the past month but I still feel skinny fat. I am seeking big results until july and that s why I asked about adding more volume. Problem is that I wanted to gain some muscle while dropping fat but maybe what i need to do is to stick only with hiit. And Thats too bad cause I really really liked all pro's workout.

Dragonfly91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello community,

yesterday was my test day of cycle 2. Failed Benchpresses (12, 9 Reps), OHP (12, 6 Reps) and Curls (12, 8 Reps). The other exercises were really hard, but doable.

Weight: 68 -> 70 kg
    Height: 182 cm

Squat - 40 kg -> 55 kg
    Bench - 40 kg -> 40 kg
    BOR - 30 kg -> 40 kg
    OHP - 20 kg -> 22,5 kg
    SLDL - 30 kg -> 45 kg
    Curls - 20 kg -> 20 kg
    Calves - works fine

In cycle 1 I passed everything (except the curls) an went from 40 kg benchpresses to 45 kg. Had the feeling, that my strong arm got bigger than my weak, so I went back to 40 kg to fix my technique and rolled shoulder. In this cycle I wasn't even close to pass the benchpresses.

Always had relatively thin arms. And the exercises, where the arms work the most, are my weakest. Is this just the muscular imbalance everyone starts with?

When I look into the mirror I'm really starting to see some progress. Especially on the latissimus and upper back. The overall appearance looks a little bit more defined and muscular.

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I see. I must have smth around 25% body fat. I ve dropped the calories and I have been monitoring​ my macros during the past month but I still feel skinny fat. I am seeking big results until july and that s why I asked about adding more volume. Problem is that I wanted to gain some muscle while dropping fat but maybe what i need to do is to stick only with hiit. And Thats too bad cause I really really liked all pro's workout.
    Allpro can be run on a cut just fine. Infact the first few cycles goal is to get you to 13%, and start the slow bulk. You can progress on a cut at a normal pace till around that body fat.

HIIT is not recommended on the program since it robs recovery. You can do low intensity steady state cardio till you are blue in the face on this program, and that will increase recovery.

I have no clue about your diet/weight/height. But lets say you are 15lbs over weight, and naturally eat 2500 cals. Cuting that down to 2000 cals is going to drop 1lb of weight per week, so thats 3 cycles of cutting. Going below 2000 cals is going to make it next to impossible to perform on the workouts. That thing between you ears burns 400 cals a day just keeping you alive.

Originally Posted by Dragonfly91 View Post
    Hello community,

yesterday was my test day of cycle 2. Failed Benchpresses (12, 9 Reps), OHP (12, 6 Reps) and Curls (12, 8 Reps). The other exercises were really hard, but doable.

Weight: 68 -> 70 kg
    Height: 182 cm

Squat - 40 kg -> 55 kg
    Bench - 40 kg -> 40 kg
    BOR - 30 kg -> 40 kg
    OHP - 20 kg -> 22,5 kg
    SLDL - 30 kg -> 45 kg
    Curls - 20 kg -> 20 kg
    Calves - works fine

In cycle 1 I passed everything (except the curls) an went from 40 kg benchpresses to 45 kg. Had the feeling, that my strong arm got bigger than my weak, so I went back to 40 kg to fix my technique and rolled shoulder. In this cycle I wasn't even close to pass the benchpresses.

Always had relatively thin arms. And the exercises, where the arms work the most, are my weakest. Is this just the muscular imbalance everyone starts with?

When I look into the mirror I'm really starting to see some progress. Especially on the latissimus and upper back. The overall appearance looks a little bit more defined and muscular.
    Peoples backs explode on the program. Humans dont really get wider with muscle gain, but they do get quite a bit thicker. Its why i recomend progress shots from the side.

Getting the first set and missing the 2nd set is a diet/conditioning problem. Either your diet is not on point and you dont have enough muscle glycogen for the 2nd set, or your recovery system cant flush out enough metabolites in the 90 seconds of rest to recover the muscles.

If its a diet problem, you will need to figure out if your calories are too low, if your carbs are too low, or if you are carb depleted before the workout (no carbs or high activity 8-12 hours before the workout).

If its a recovery issue You need to do some GPP work such as 15-20min of jump rope per day or some other "arm/shoulder stuff" for around a half hour a day. This could be as simple as doing the recommended 3x10k jogs per week.

arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    Peoples backs explode on the program. Humans dont really get wider with muscle gain, but they do get quite a bit thicker. Its why i recomend progress shots from the side.

Getting the first set and missing the 2nd set is a diet/conditioning problem. Either your diet is not on point and you dont have enough muscle glycogen for the 2nd set, or your recovery system cant flush out enough metabolites in the 90 seconds of rest to recover the muscles.

If its a diet problem, you will need to figure out if your calories are too low, if your carbs are too low, or if you are carb depleted before the workout (no carbs or high activity 8-12 hours before the workout).

If its a recovery issue You need to do some GPP work such as 15-20min of jump rope per day or some other "arm/shoulder stuff" for around a half hour a day. This could be as simple as doing the recommended 3x10k jogs per week.
    Something I notice that most people have a problem with is waiting long enough between sets. Once the weight starts getting heavier, you need to wait longer and longer. On most things I only have to wait less than 2 minutes. But benching is very taxing on me and I generally have to wait a solid 5 minutes till I can push out a 2nd set as good as my first. This might be because my benching is much more advance than all my other lifts, but the point still stands. The only times I have not gotten the 2nd set is if that muscle is actually physically beat for the day or I didn't wait long enough. So if you miss your 2nd set, then next week try adding a minute to the wait time and see what happens.... I'm sure it's best to also train your recovery, but there is no point in sacrificing strength gains to train that.

I do have 2 questions.

The SLDL has definitely helped my flexibility a ton. I started only being able to go above the knee and now I can go a little below the knee. On this first cycle I am doing 135. It seems like I could bump that up alot on the next cycle. Is this something that I should try to push to the limit weight wise like all the other exercises, or should I be conservative on adding weight and wait till I can go really low on it (the floor or ankles?) before packing on the weight?

The second question is about warm up sets. Should I be doing as many reps on my 2 warm up sets for the exercises as I'm doing of the regulat sets, or should it be less? So on week 5, should I be doing 12 reps of both my warm up sets, or should I do 12 reps of the first, 6 reps of the 2nd?

Originally Posted by arcticnova View Post
    Something I notice that most people have a problem with is waiting long enough between sets. Once the weight starts getting heavier, you need to wait longer and longer. On most things I only have to wait less than 2 minutes. But benching is very taxing on me and I generally have to wait a solid 5 minutes till I can push out a 2nd set as good as my first. This might be because my benching is much more advance than all my other lifts, but the point still stands. The only times I have not gotten the 2nd set is if that muscle is actually physically beat for the day or I didn't wait long enough. So if you miss your 2nd set, then next week try adding a minute to the wait time and see what happens.... I'm sure it's best to also train your recovery, but there is no point in sacrificing strength gains to train that.

I do have 2 questions.

The SLDL has definitely helped my flexibility a ton. I started only being able to go above the knee and now I can go a little below the knee. On this first cycle I am doing 135. It seems like I could bump that up alot on the next cycle. Is this something that I should try to push to the limit weight wise like all the other exercises, or should I be conservative on adding weight and wait till I can go really low on it (the floor or ankles?) before packing on the weight?

The second question is about warm up sets. Should I be doing as many reps on my 2 warm up sets for the exercises as I'm doing of the regulat sets, or should it be less? So on week 5, should I be doing 12 reps of both my warm up sets, or should I do 12 reps of the first, 6 reps of the 2nd?
    The SLDL should be less than your squat, if its not there is either a muscle imbalance or you are doing the squat or sldl wrong. Advanced lifters (6 plate deadlifts) have no problem SLDL at the ankles with 4 plate.

Keep the warmups simple. Pick 2 weights for 10 reps, and use that every workout for the entire cycle, you might even be able to use the same warmup for a few cycles (since the weight is only going up half as fast as your working weight).

So first set ideally should be the 45lb bar, or a plastic pipe if working weight is way below 55lbs, and the 2nd set should be 50-75% of your light day weight. The main point of the warmups is to get in some lightly loaded reps that mimic the full range of motion of the primary lift.

arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50) arcticnova will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The SLDL should be less than your squat, if its not there is either a muscle imbalance or you are doing the squat or sldl wrong. Advanced lifters (6 plate deadlifts) have no problem SLDL at the ankles with 4 plate.
    OK, I'm not quite sure how this applies to my question. My squat weight I'm using is 185lb this cycle and i know it has gone up alot since I started (Just did week 4 heavy and I know I could have done atleast a few more than 11). This is expected considering I've done legs my entire life but I just never did squats and had terrible flexibility issues at first. I think I'll be at around 205LB+ on my next cycle. So the SLDL definitely IS still way lower than my squat. I'm just trying to figure out if I should be raising the SLDL from 135lb to a conservative 145lb if the focus is an increase of ROM; or should I try raising it to as high as I can go at my current ROM 10x, which might be 160lb+ (maybe?). They will both obviously work on my ROM, but I'm assuming going too heavy on a lift like this could put my lower back in danger. If the point is mainly ROM, then there isn't a reason to add the lower back risk. I know ideally it shouldn't put my back in danger, but I've been lifting long enough to know that the occasional bad form rep or a wrong turn happens.

Thanks

OK, I'm not quite sure how this applies to my question. My squat weight I'm using is 185lb this cycle and i know it has gone up alot since I started (Just did week 4 heavy and I know I could have done atleast a few more than 11). This is expected considering I've done legs my entire life but I just never did squats and had terrible flexibility issues at first. I think I'll be at around 205LB+ on my next cycle. So the SLDL definitely IS still way lower than my squat. I'm just trying to figure out if I should be raising the SLDL from 135lb to a conservative 145lb if the focus is an increase of ROM; or should I try raising it to as high as I can go at my current ROM 10x, which might be 160lb+ (maybe?). They will both obviously work on my ROM, but I'm assuming going too heavy on a lift like this could put my lower back in danger. If the point is mainly ROM, then there isn't a reason to add the lower back risk. I know ideally it shouldn't put my back in danger, but I've been lifting long enough to know that the occasional bad form rep or a wrong turn happens.

Thanks

AHHH.

The higher the SLDL weight, the more the stretch at the bottom of your range of motion, and the faster increase of ROM.
    The goal is increasing the range of motion, however i just have to double check with people that they are not making this a power move like a regular dead. I see people posting 225 SLDL and 175lb squats sometimes.

If you can handle the bump at your current ROM, go for it, the increased weight will increase your ROM faster vs keeping it light.

Krovean has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi there,

for each week, do I do the same number of reps for the warm up exercises?

Originally Posted by Krovean View Post
    hi there,

for each week, do I do the same number of reps for the warm up exercises?
    pick 2 weights

First weight will either be a plastic pipe for a ROM warmup, or it will be the bare bar if your working weight is 3-4x the bar.
    Second weight should be 50-75% of your light day depending on your weight set increments.

Do 10 reps of each, all cycle long, every workout. You might be able to use the same warmup weights for 2 cycles or more since it doesnt matter if you are 10-20% off.

The point of the warmups is to mimic the movement with a light load.

If you got your warmup wrong, your second work set will feel better than your first work set.

And remember you only do warmups for the first 3 lifts. You dont have to warmup the same muscle groups again when you hit them the 2nd time with the 4 accessory lifts.

Allpro can be run on a cut just fine. Infact the first few cycles goal is to get you to 13%, and start the slow bulk. You can progress on a cut at a normal pace till around that body fat.

HIIT is not recommended on the program since it robs recovery. You can do low intensity steady state cardio till you are blue in the face on this program, and that will increase recovery.

I have no clue about your diet/weight/height. But lets say you are 15lbs over weight, and naturally eat 2500 cals. Cuting that down to 2000 cals is going to drop 1lb of weight per week, so thats 3 cycles of cutting. Going below 2000 cals is going to make it next to impossible to perform on the workouts. That thing between you ears burns 400 cals a day just keeping you alive.
    Thanks for the expected well thorough answer.

I am 182cm 84.2kg and I ve been monitoring my macros since last month. Always around 2000kcal 100+/70+/150+ protein/fats/carbs.

I wont do hiit while on all pro as you have advised me in the past.

I just think I ll switch to only doing hiit to lose faster body fat

I mentioned earlier I'm going on 12 day vacation after my first 5 week cycle. You said what I could do is do a 6 week cycle next instead to get back into it.

Is there a reason that I would want to add another week versus actually taking 1 week off the cycle. I thought the 8 and 9 rep weeks are actually a kind of deload. Wouldn't the 12 days off act that way. I've never lost strength after a week or two off (Sometimes I have even gained strength). Admittedly I might have been overtraining in those routines.

I mentioned earlier I'm going on 12 day vacation after my first 5 week cycle. You said what I could do is do a 6 week cycle next instead to get back into it.

Is there a reason that I would want to add another week versus actually taking 1 week off the cycle. I thought the 8 and 9 rep weeks are actually a kind of deload. Wouldn't the 12 days off act that way. I've never lost strength after a week or two off (Sometimes I have even gained strength). Admittedly I might have been overtraining in those routines.
    It all depends on the individual lifter. On a 5x5 or 3x5 program, if you are almost at a stall, and take 2 weeks off and come back, that working weight will pin you down by the 2nd rep.
    Allpro doesnt have that problem, its got another. Take 2 weeks off and do a heavy day with a 10-15% bump, you may or may not be able to walk up a flight of stairs the next day.

However if you really know your body and how it reacts to detraining, yes you could take your 12 day vacation and come back to 9 rep week and skip 8 rep week. For some as you say, do get stronger with a 1-2 week deload. This is especially true for experienced lifters since it strips all that fatigue buildup away and they feel like superman when they get back.

Thanks for the expected well thorough answer.

I am 182cm 84.2kg and I ve been monitoring my macros since last month. Always around 2000kcal 100+/70+/150+ protein/fats/carbs.

I wont do hiit while on all pro as you have advised me in the past.

I just think I ll switch to only doing hiit to lose faster body fat
    Hate to see you go. Remember adding one pound of muscle to your frame increases your TDEE by 50-75 cals a day just warming a chair. Its why for young lifters a bulk can turn into a cut in less than six months if they keep the calories the same.

Registered User blackfieldgates's Avatar
    blackfieldgates has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So I've taken your advice on board, switched squats to greyskull style and bumped two of the weights by more than 10% (in one case bumped it by 50%), and the exercises in all feel much better. I think for the first three cycles I was probably handling myself too delicately because I was getting used to the exercises and routines. So as it stands it now looks like

Floor Press- 26kg
    BOR- 15kg
    OHP- 12kg
    SLDL- 12kg
    Barbell Curl- 16kg

Many of these are obviously still very low and I feel like these could be bumped, especially the BOR, by once again a lot more than 10% for the next cycle. Is it all right to keep on ticking it up by more than 10% per cycle or does that mess with the system in some way I don't know?

Also two more questions

1) Very often I simply don't feel the floor press in my pecs. Is that an indication my form is wrong and I haven't noticed? Or is it okay for it to feel more diffused? My pecs at least appear to be growing, but I am wondering if that is due to the OHP.

2) A friend of mine may be giving me a squat rack that has a pull bar on the top of it. Now last time I did pull ups I needed a machine to assist, but with this there's no machine. I understand that there's such a thing as negative pull ups but I was wondering how you would program that into this program, and if they would be suitable or better than simply sticking with barbell curls. Alternatively, would it be better to get my barbell curls to a greater weight before tackling the pull up again? I'm aware that pull ups are ultimately preferred to barbell curls on this program but are negatives actually better?

Originally Posted by blackfieldgates View Post
    So I've taken your advice on board, switched squats to greyskull style and bumped two of the weights by more than 10% (in one case bumped it by 50%), and the exercises in all feel much better. I think for the first three cycles I was probably handling myself too delicately because I was getting used to the exercises and routines. So as it stands it now looks like

Floor Press- 26kg
    BOR- 15kg
    OHP- 12kg
    SLDL- 12kg
    Barbell Curl- 16kg

Many of these are obviously still very low and I feel like these could be bumped, especially the BOR, by once again a lot more than 10% for the next cycle. Is it all right to keep on ticking it up by more than 10% per cycle or does that mess with the system in some way I don't know?

Also two more questions

1) Very often I simply don't feel the floor press in my pecs. Is that an indication my form is wrong and I haven't noticed? Or is it okay for it to feel more diffused? My pecs at least appear to be growing, but I am wondering if that is due to the OHP.

2) A friend of mine may be giving me a squat rack that has a pull bar on the top of it. Now last time I did pull ups I needed a machine to assist, but with this there's no machine. I understand that there's such a thing as negative pull ups but I was wondering how you would program that into this program, and if they would be suitable or better than simply sticking with barbell curls. Alternatively, would it be better to get my barbell curls to a greater weight before tackling the pull up again? I'm aware that pull ups are ultimately preferred to barbell curls on this program but are negatives actually better?
    10% is the min, not the max. Some double squat weight in a few cycles.

1) due to the dead stop at the bottom you will not get the normal stretch. This means the pecs really are not going to get sore. Its kinda like the dead lift, no tension build up on the way down. However this lack of volume is made up by the fact its a dead stop start of the push, so the pecs have to work harder since there is no stretch reflex nor tension to get the weight moving.

2) 2 second down negatives are fine. You will need to fine tune the negative time and the correct amount of sets. Since every rep will be overloading its going to really hit your recovery so the key is figuring out how much volume per week you can handle without running out of gas towards the end of the sets. You can also try a few variants such as 2 sets of timed static holds at the top(goal of 60-90 seconds), or band or foot/chair assisted (goal of 2 sets of 10).

It all depends on the individual lifter. On a 5x5 or 3x5 program, if you are almost at a stall, and take 2 weeks off and come back, that working weight will pin you down by the 2nd rep.
    Allpro doesnt have that problem, its got another. Take 2 weeks off and do a heavy day with a 10-15% bump, you may or may not be able to walk up a flight of stairs the next day.

However if you really know your body and how it reacts to detraining, yes you could take your 12 day vacation and come back to 9 rep week and skip 8 rep week. For some as you say, do get stronger with a 1-2 week deload. This is especially true for experienced lifters since it strips all that fatigue buildup away and they feel like superman when they get back.
    Got it. Makes sense. In my experience I'm the case #2. I come back as strong or stronger usually but I most definitely barely walk up a flight of stairs the next day haha. I think the week I come back I will just do 2 workout days. Maybe 1 day seeing what my new 1 rep max's are (havent done that in long long time) and the other day seeing what my new 10rep maxes will be. Then jump into the 8 rep the next week.

Thanks
    Last edited by arcticnova; 05-04-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Hate to see you go. Remember adding one pound of muscle to your frame increases your TDEE by 50-75 cals a day just warming a chair. Its why for young lifters a bulk can turn into a cut in less than six months if they keep the calories the same.
    Thanks a lot man, you ve been the most well informed guy I ve ever met plus u always have the patience and the time to answer every question we ask.

And cause I don't want to be misunderstood by the other members here, all pro is the best routine I ve ever done. I ll definitely start again by the next September.

Keep up the good work
    Last edited by JeanRoqua; 05-04-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Originally Posted by Josh1billion View Post
    Looking for some advice/ideas on how I should change up my warmup routine for bench press. I've been doing the standard 25%/50% warmup, but I usually find it's not quite enough to get me fully warmed up.

I fail the first work set, and then the next set I perform better by a couple of reps. This tells me that my body is still warming up on the first work set.

Would it be a good idea to add a third warmup set that's also at 50% weight, just like the second warmup set?

Or maybe it would be a good idea to switch to the novice program for bench, since my progress there has been slowing down. It's still progressing, but not as quickly as it's supposed to (so I failed test day on cycle 3 last week - no surprise as I was always about two reps behind where I was supposed to be on bench throughout the cycle).
    Even if you switch to novice, your first set is going to suck if you dont have a good warmup.

I would try 2 sets of just the bar for 10, 1 set of the normal 50% for 10, and then 75-80% for half the days rep requirement.

A final warmup set could also be included for 1 rep at 110-120% of your heavy day weight. This is sometimes needed for sets above 5 reps for some lifters.

briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Looking for some advice/ideas on how I should change up my warmup routine for bench press. I've been doing the standard 25%/50% warmup, but I usually find it's not quite enough to get me fully warmed up.

I fail the first work set, and then the next set I perform better by a couple of reps. This tells me that my body is still warming up on the first work set.

Would it be a good idea to add a third warmup set that's also at 50% weight, just like the second warmup set?

Or maybe it would be a good idea to switch to the novice program for bench, since my progress there has been slowing down. It's still progressing, but not as quickly as it's supposed to (so I failed test day on cycle 3 last week - no surprise as I was always about two reps behind where I was supposed to be on bench throughout the cycle).
    I don't stick to 25/50 warmups when moving larger amounts of weight. just use whatever makes sense from a plate perspective and build up to your working weight. if you normally do 2x25 and 2x45 to reach 185, then you could do bar only (25%), then bar+2x25 (50%) for 5 reps, then bar+2x45 (75%) for 2 reps, then full work sets at bar+2x25+2x45. You can play around with the weights and reps to find what works for you until your first set is the best.

I had a class 2 tear on my pec so warmup's have been a savior. What I usually do is the 25%/50% and then I will do 2 at 135 and 2 at 155. (Then my heavy set is 190). Since I only do 2 reps it isn't enough to fatigue me, but it gets my muscles ready for the heavy weight. Since my injury has just about fully healed, I have phased out the 155, but the 135 (or relative equivalent) I will keep forever.

Try that out.

ajvar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello guys.
    I am at beginning of cycle 5 and have few problems. I am overweight and my goal is to lose about 3 kg a month or 0,75 kg a week. For that goal my calorie intake must be around 1800 kcal.
    I noticed since I take 1800 kcal daily, my strength is bad, it is cycle 5 week 1 and I barely did 8 reps on bench press and shoulder press. My primary goal is to lose 6 kg in next 2 months.

I have some questions:
    Should I continue with AllPro or should I do something else? Should I maybe do AllPro but with less weight? I dont think I can manage to increase weight any more than this. Curently my main goal is to lose weight

I have hemorrhoids last 10 years with no pain. But since I increased weights on cycle 5 I noticed some pain. I read on the other forums that weight lifting can be associated with hemorrhoids. Can you tell me which exercises in AllPro routine are more "dangerous" for hemorrhoids? For example is it more dangerous bench press or squat? Could it be from heavy bench press, row or squat?

Originally Posted by ajvar View Post
    Hello guys.
    I am at beginning of cycle 5 and have few problems. I am overweight and my goal is to lose about 3 kg a month or 0,75 kg a week. For that goal my calorie intake must be around 1800 kcal.
    I noticed since I take 1800 kcal daily, my strength is bad, it is cycle 5 week 1 and I barely did 8 reps on bench press and shoulder press. My primary goal is to lose 6 kg in next 2 months.

I have some questions:
    Should I continue with AllPro or should I do something else? Should I maybe do AllPro but with less weight? I dont think I can manage to increase weight any more than this. Curently my main goal is to lose weight

I have hemorrhoids last 10 years with no pain. But since I increased weights on cycle 5 I noticed some pain. I read on the other forums that weight lifting can be associated with hemorrhoids. Can you tell me which exercises in AllPro routine are more "dangerous" for hemorrhoids? For example is it more dangerous bench press or squat? Could it be from heavy bench press, row or squat?
    For the hemorrhoid thing, while weight lifting doesnt cause hemorrhoids, if you do have them, doing the valsalva maneuver does put pressure on them. So no deep breaths and then sucking your belly button into your spine, which is what you should be doing normally. This increased intra abdominal pressure, and you get the idea. This is also not a good bracing manuver for heart patients for the same reason.

Instead you should be doing what you should be doing on the rows and OHP, increasing the size of your core. AKA your best impression of a pregnant woman. This expands your core, which makes you more stable. Its not as good as the valsalva maneuver for bracing your lower back from the inside, but its better than just relying on your spinal erectors as rubber bands for keeping yourself upright.

The base allpro diet is 100g of fats/protein and 200-300g of carbs, much below that and you wont be able to perform. So that min is about 2100 cals and you are going over 10% under that. Id advice upping the cals by 200-300 and increasing the cardio by 30-45min a day, even if its just brisk walking (hell put a weight in a backpack while you do it).

For the hemorrhoid thing, while weight lifting doesnt cause hemorrhoids, if you do have them, doing the valsalva maneuver does put pressure on them. So no deep breaths and then sucking your belly button into your spine, which is what you should be doing normally. This increased intra abdominal pressure, and you get the idea. This is also not a good bracing manuver for heart patients for the same reason.

Instead you should be doing what you should be doing on the rows and OHP, increasing the size of your core. AKA your best impression of a pregnant woman. This expands your core, which makes you more stable. Its not as good as the valsalva maneuver for bracing your lower back from the inside, but its better than just relying on your spinal erectors as rubber bands for keeping yourself upright.

The base allpro diet is 100g of fats/protein and 200-300g of carbs, much below that and you wont be able to perform. So that min is about 2100 cals and you are going over 10% under that. Id advice upping the cals by 200-300 and increasing the cardio by 30-45min a day, even if its just brisk walking (hell put a weight in a backpack while you do it).
    Can you please explain me more how should I breathe? I searched on youtube and internet but didnt find it.
    I should do all my exercises like pregnant women? I usualy did squats taking deep breath on before I go down and then exhale when I was almost up-you say i should not do that because of my hemmorids, correct? I get that, but I didnt get what you mean how should I do it?

Also, should I wait for few days until pain go away or should I do routine as usual? In general, do squats put more pressure on hemmorids than bench press, row, OHP?
    Thank you for your advice and patience

Can you please explain me more how should I breathe? I searched on youtube and internet but didnt find it.
    I should do all my exercises like pregnant women? I usualy did squats taking deep breath on before I go down and then exhale when I was almost up-you say i should not do that because of my hemmorids, correct? I get that, but I didnt get what you mean how should I do it?

Also, should I wait for few days until pain go away or should I do routine as usual? In general, do squats put more pressure on hemmorids than bench press, row, OHP?
    Thank you for your advice and patience
    4;20
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8l_8chR5BE

That is how "you" should brace for all movements.

Currently, at least for your squat, you are doing the "correct" core bracing with taking in a big breath of air and then bracing your abs against in. Unfortunately for you that maneuver is going to increase pressure on all your "exits".

So yes you need to do all your exercises as a pregnant woman. Its not so bad considering half the exercises should be done that way anyway.

I have no clue if you should stop or not. You could always just do a warmups only week and then start again the next week with a fresh cycle.

What is irritating you is the "big breath then squeeze" core brace, it doesnt mater which exercise it is.

One thing you can try is get a very loose belt or string, and tie it around your belly button. Have it so loose that if you lose the preggers pose, the belt/string will fall off. I use this method to break people of the habit of doing the OHP by sucking all their internal organs into their chest cavity for some reason...

4;20

That is how "you" should brace for all movements.

Currently, at least for your squat, you are doing the "correct" core bracing with taking in a big breath of air and then bracing your abs against in. Unfortunately for you that maneuver is going to increase pressure on all your "exits".

So yes you need to do all your exercises as a pregnant woman. Its not so bad considering half the exercises should be done that way anyway.

I have no clue if you should stop or not. You could always just do a warmups only week and then start again the next week with a fresh cycle.

What is irritating you is the "big breath then squeeze" core brace, it doesnt mater which exercise it is.

One thing you can try is get a very loose belt or string, and tie it around your belly button. Have it so loose that if you lose the preggers pose, the belt/string will fall off. I use this method to break people of the habit of doing the OHP by sucking all their internal organs into their chest cavity for some reason...
    Thank you very much, video was helpful. I just have one more stupid question...So I understand this "pregnant" stuff, but how should I breathe while I am doing this? Like normal everday breathing or something else? I am not sure if you will understand what am I asking..

Thank you very much, video was helpful. I just have one more stupid question...So I understand this "pregnant" stuff, but how should I breathe while I am doing this? Like normal everday breathing or something else? I am not sure if you will understand what am I asking..
    You only take a breath after lockout. The rest of the rep you should be holding your breath while you build up tension. You can blow alittle of it out towards the end of the lift to help with lockout, since by that time you have lost a the tension you have built up. You dont have to be a pogo stick and do 10 reps in 20 seconds, you can take a few breaths between reps to reset and rebrace.

blaze519 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

question before statring the programme

So as a beginner a lot of people tell me to train in spilts. So only 2 muscle groups for 1 day. As far as I understand this schedule you have to do all 7 exercices in 1 day 3 times a week. Why is this and why shoudln't people or just begiiners not use a split schedule?

Originally Posted by blaze519 View Post
    So as a beginner a lot of people tell me to train in spilts. So only 2 muscle groups for 1 day. As far as I understand this schedule you have to do all 7 exercices in 1 day 3 times a week. Why is this and why shoudln't people or just begiiners not use a split schedule?
    Beginners cant tax themselves enough to require a split.

Around year 3-4 you wont be able to recover in 3 days and require and upper/lower or push/pull split. You run a split now and you will be progressing at 1/2-2/3 the speed of a full body 3x a week.

Closed Thread
Page 120 of 290 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 170 220 ... LastLast