gmaba001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice on Progress / Workout

Hi. I've been lifting for about two months now. I haven't gotten any expert advice but I looked up some full-body programs and put together a routine that I could use considering the equipment available in the gym I go to. My main purpose when I started was to strengthen and condition my body before I actually did any serious lifting.

I'm about 168cm / 57kg (5'5 / 125lb). I've put on about 3kg since I started working out. This is the routine I've been doing and my current progress:

Exercise: Weight and reps:
    Barbell Bench Press 50kg 8x3 (8 reps x 3 sets)
    EZ Bar Bicep Curls 20kg 7x3
    Dumbbell Flyes 10kg 8x3
    Seated Cable Rows 40kg 7x3
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Down 40kg 7x3
    EZ Bar Skullcrushers 20kg 8x3
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press 10kg 8x3
    Barbell Squats 60kg 7x3
    Lying Leg Curls 40kg 8x3
    Quad Extensions 40kg 8x3
    Calf Press (leg press machine) 80kg 10x3
    Weighted Sit-ups 10kg 15x3
    Leg Raises - 18x3

Should I stick with this routine or start something more advanced? Would appreciate it if anyone can recommend a better program or improvements to my current workout. I can afford 3 days a week for about 90mins per session.

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is that all in 1 session?
    advertising not permitted

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I would go with an established novice routine. This is too many exercises for a beginner on one day. The more exercises you do, the less intensity you'll have at the end of your workout. It's better to hit 4-6 exercises hard than to half-ass 12. I'm not saying that you aren't trying hard. I'm saying that if you're doing so many exercises before you squat, there's no way that you're squatting at your full potential.

There are some novice routines in the stickies that you can check out. Find one you like and try it out.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50) DrakHarr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gmaba001 View Post
    Hi. I've been lifting for about two months now. I haven't gotten any expert advice but I looked up some full-body programs and put together a routine that I could use considering the equipment available in the gym I go to. My main purpose when I started was to strengthen and condition my body before I actually did any serious lifting.

I'm about 168cm / 57kg (5'5 / 125lb). I've put on about 3kg since I started working out. This is the routine I've been doing and my current progress:

Exercise: Weight and reps:
    Barbell Bench Press 50kg 8x3 (8 reps x 3 sets)
    EZ Bar Bicep Curls 20kg 7x3
    Dumbbell Flyes 10kg 8x3
    Seated Cable Rows 40kg 7x3
    Wide Grip Lat Pull Down 40kg 7x3
    EZ Bar Skullcrushers 20kg 8x3
    Dumbbell Shoulder Press 10kg 8x3
    Barbell Squats 60kg 7x3
    Lying Leg Curls 40kg 8x3
    Quad Extensions 40kg 8x3
    Calf Press (leg press machine) 80kg 10x3
    Weighted Sit-ups 10kg 15x3
    Leg Raises - 18x3

Should I stick with this routine or start something more advanced? Would appreciate it if anyone can recommend a better program or improvements to my current workout. I can afford 3 days a week for about 90mins per session.
    I would go with allpro's, for you, since you are working the 8 rep range. It will cut the number of exercises you do in half and make better use of your time while keeping you in the familiar rep range.

gmaba001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for the responses! I will try AllPro's routine.

Just a quick question from the FAQ...

Q17: How do I know if I am a "Beginner" or not?
    A: A beginner is, generally speaking, anyone who cannot squat twice his body weight, and bench press 1,5 times his body weight, for one repetition ...

Does this mean I stick with the routine and look for something more advanced when I can perform those comfortably?