Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000) Blockuh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Awesome pics. Great size. Look thick. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued pistachio consumption. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' huge, solid, thick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^I'm just trying to better myself, why do you guys just keep popping in this thread to crap talk me or make fun of me?

MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM MUSCLE-man-TOM
    your digestive system sounds completely ****ed man.. and what the **** at eating 3k calories of pistachios, do you know how hard that is on your body to digest!?!
    If I was in your position right now I wouldn't worry about going to the gym, what I would be doing is:

1. get some digestive enzymes and be taking them with every meal

2. apple cider vinigar, one that has the 'mother' in it.

3. organic lemons and squeezing them in hot water every morning

4. magnesium and vitamin B complex

get rid of the whey protein and get some hemp or pea protein as well.. I can understand you not wanting to eat meat and grains, what blood type are you just out of interest?
    **Misc Entrepreneurship Crew**

**Got 99 Problems But A Niche Aint One Crew**

Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000) Thereddeath is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MUSCLE-man-TOM View Post
    your digestive system sounds completely ****ed man.. and what the **** at eating 3k calories of pistachios, do you know how hard that is on your body to digest!?!
    If I was in your position right now I wouldn't worry about going to the gym, what I would be doing is:

1. get some digestive enzymes and be taking them with every meal

2. apple cider vinigar, one that has the 'mother' in it.

3. organic lemons and squeezing them in hot water every morning

4. magnesium and vitamin B complex

get rid of the whey protein and get some hemp or pea protein as well.. I can understand you not wanting to eat meat and grains, what blood type are you just out of interest?
    I don't know what my blood type is. Can you recommend any good pea protein? The only type I can find at GNC is made in a place that processes soy as well. Not sure about hemp protein, I don't eat seeds.

What are digestive enyzmes and how would I get them?

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by cylenka View Post
    It should be at least 40% of your daily calorie intake, more if you lift heavy or bulk. How much more is debatable. If you're not used to a lot of protein work it in slow with your end goals in mind. There's information online, I seem to remember a gram or two per pound of bodyweight, but that's assuming a 2,000 diet, which I don't think you've made it up to yet.

The percentage doesn't really matter. The quantity matters. Get in 1 gram per pound of lean body mass (just use your bodyweight in this case, OP, since you're pretty lean). There is a sticky on macros.

Anyways, like someone else said, take some of the fruit out and replace with rice or potato, something less filling and fibrous so that you can get in your calories. Your diet looks great if you were cutting. Unless you're doing fine gaining weight on your current diet, then continue. Basically look to gain half a pound each week. Train intensely, stay hyrdated, get electrolytes (potassium from stuff like bananas, potatoes, sweet potato, and add salt to your food for sodium), get 8-9 hours of sleep every night. You should be good. After 20 weeks (about 5 months), if you gain at that rate, that will be only 10 lbs heavier than when you started your bulk, and most of it should be lean mass. Reassess your physique then and see if you should cut or continue bulking.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    The percentage doesn't really matter. The quantity matters. Get in 1 gram per pound of lean body mass (just use your bodyweight in this case, OP, since you're pretty lean). There is a sticky on macros.

Anyways, like someone else said, take some of the fruit out and replace with rice or potato, something less filling and fibrous so that you can get in your calories. Your diet looks great if you were cutting. Unless you're doing fine gaining weight on your current diet, then continue. Basically look to gain half a pound each week. Train intensely, stay hyrdated, get electrolytes (potassium from stuff like bananas, potatoes, sweet potato, and add salt to your food for sodium), get 8-9 hours of sleep every night. You should be good. After 20 weeks (about 5 months), if you gain at that rate, that will be only 10 lbs heavier than when you started your bulk, and most of it should be lean mass. Reassess your physique then and see if you should cut or continue bulking.
    Only half a pound a week? So 250 calorie surplus?

Really solid advice man, thanks!

stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Thereddeath View Post
    I made this thread asking for diet and lifting advice, people told me to up my calories and protein intake and to follow a lifting routine, I've done both those things.

Others have told me that I need to alter the fundamentals of my diet (eat meat, grains, etc.) without providing any indepth reason as to how this change served any purpose other than greater caloric intake or normality, so you'll have to excuse my disregard of these posts.

I appreciate any and all advice and support that people have to give, what I don't appreciate is your baseless accusation (ignoring advice) and uncalled for defamation (I'm bad at navigating a rather extensive website), as well as your general negativity (I'm not going to make it apparently), and lacking of any positive contribution, so please, stop.

Edit: Plus you made your post as long as dick, making it harder for people who actually want to help to navigate this thread, if you could remove all that empty space that'd be great.
    Meat tends to be more nutrient-dense in terms of nutrients that aid muscle building - high in branched chain amino acids (the amino acids linked to muscle building), beef is high in creatine (might wanna get lean cuts of meat to keep the saturated fat low though, and just eat with avocado or olive oil or some unsaturated fats for your fat source), whey protein is good but some companies spike their protein powder with non-essential amino acids and it's basically impossible to tell, so you gotta go based on trust. That's why protein powder should just be used for convenience. Beef also contains a good amount of iron, and your body in fact uses cholesterol to make testosterone. So you want *some* cholesterol in your diet. As with anything, too much of anything can be bad for you.

You can definitely make meal replacement shakes with whey though if you want. A good example is a scoop or two of chocolate whey with 12 oz of water, put the shake into a blender and add 1/4 cup of oats, a banana, and two tablespoons (one heaping tablespoon) of peanut butter. Or another option would be a scoop or two of vanilla whey with 12 oz of water, put shake into a blender, add like 150 grams of cooked sweet potato and a tablespoon or two of olive oil.

Only half a pound a week? So 250 calorie surplus?

Really solid advice man, thanks!
    250-350 sounds about right. The main thing is to monitor your weight every week, first thing in the morning on the same day of the week. If your weight doesn't go up for a couple weeks or is going up too slow, you know to eat more calories. If it's going up too fast, you know to eat less calories.

As for the digestion of meats - if you decide to eat meat, always eat salad or some source of fibrous veggies with your meat. That will help ensure that it moves along your digestive tract in a healthy way.

Originally Posted by stealth_swimmer View Post
    Meat tends to be more nutrient-dense in terms of nutrients that aid muscle building - high in branched chain amino acids (the amino acids linked to muscle building), beef is high in creatine (might wanna get lean cuts of meat to keep the saturated fat low though, and just eat with avocado or olive oil or some unsaturated fats for your fat source), whey protein is good but some companies spike their protein powder with non-essential amino acids and it's basically impossible to tell, so you gotta go based on trust. That's why protein powder should just be used for convenience. Beef also contains a good amount of iron, and your body in fact uses cholesterol to make testosterone. So you want *some* cholesterol in your diet. As with anything, too much of anything can be bad for you.

You can definitely make meal replacement shakes with whey though if you want. A good example is a scoop or two of chocolate whey with 12 oz of water, put the shake into a blender and add 1/4 cup of oats, a banana, and two tablespoons (one heaping tablespoon) of peanut butter. Or another option would be a scoop or two of vanilla whey with 12 oz of water, put shake into a blender, add like 150 grams of cooked sweet potato and a tablespoon or two of olive oil.

250-350 sounds about right. The main thing is to monitor your weight every week, first thing in the morning on the same day of the week. If your weight doesn't go up for a couple weeks or is going up too slow, you know to eat more calories. If it's going up too fast, you know to eat less calories.
    Now I'm conflicted, because you make a good point. Will supplementing whey protein with creatine monohydrate and vitamins in pill form be equal in quality to beef/meat in general?

^And ah, yes, that is one of the concerns that I have with meat. It's very difficult for me to digest.

Now I'm conflicted, because you make a good point. Will supplementing whey protein with creatine monohydrate and vitamins in pill form be equal in quality to beef/meat in general?

^And ah, yes, that is one of the concerns that I have with meat. It's very difficult for me to digest.
    Meat is probably not "difficult" for you to actually digest. It might be difficult for you to "pass" it through your digestive system, but more than likely you are digesting it. That's why you wanna eat salad or veggies with it (like for example, a bunch of broccoli, or say some spinach and spring mix salad with lemon juice for flavor).

But as for supplementation, whey might be a little more expensive than getting protein from meat, but assuming it is high quality and actually contains the amount of protein per scoop listed on the label, it should be great for muscle building since whey is high in leucine and branched chain amino acids, and thus very anabolic. If you're going that route, then yes take a multi-vitamin, supplement with creatine monohydrate, and get your iron level checked to make sure you're not anemic. If your iron levels are low, ask the doctor how much iron you should supplement with and make sure to tell him/her that you don't eat meat (cus they often recommend cooking on a cast iron skillet...but if you aren't eating meat, then you're probably not gonna use that skillet very much other than the occasional stir fry).

SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SpongeBobNoPant is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OP, from the looks of it, you're switching one obsession for another.

You need to take a step back man. No "I'm gonna take pics everyday", no "I'm gonna eat 250 cals above needs"...

Just try to eat a healthy amount, have protein (buy whey if you feel like, probably a good idea in your case), lift hard and DON'T overdo it.

Take your time, for now, you need psychological healing as much as physical training.

Eat plenty, have protein, lift hard, and rest properly. Take your time, don't rush, don't obsess.

You are gonna make it brah.

Also, just to update on the workout. I did 5x5 sets. all with a 50lb backpack. Squats, deadlifts, lunged, calve raises. Then without any weight I planked for two minutes twice, and I did leg lifts for three minutes. I'm unsure if calisthenic work such as this has any effect on the recovery of weight training, if someone could provide me with information on that I'd appreciate it.

I'm going to start limiting progress pictures to once a week, this will be the last one I post until next friday.

dont call me shirley spatchcock's Avatar
    spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) spatchcock is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP whats the reasoning behind no-grain no-legume no-meat no-dairy diet

religion or what
    Sig line can't be a novel

Originally Posted by spatchcock View Post
    OP whats the reasoning behind no-grain no-legume no-meat no-dairy diet

religion or what
    Various reasons that I've already stated in this thread, but mainly just because I don't digest them very well and they leave me feeling bloated and lethargic.

Morning. Woke up at 5 am had a scoop of protein, some dried apple, bit of maple syrup and pumpkin spice, some almond milk. Now I'm having a scoop of protein with some grapes and agave.

Been a good rest day, had a nice nap, very restful. Feel very flat, can't wait to lift tomorrow. Had a lot of protein powder, will still have a bit more. Lots of carbs. Few nuts, an avocado, bit of coconut oil, almond milk. Very balanced.

DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DonkoCL is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Didn't read anything asides from OP

why is your join date 2012?

Keep eating as much as u can (in your case, don't even track calories. You won't ever be as fat as your "before", no if you lift)
    And lift

Good luck brah
    Founder of *I was LoggedInWizard 05/02/2015 Crew*
    *Tank2003 is in my crew Crew*
    ♥ ♥ ♥ Daydreamergirl Appreciation Crew ♥ ♥ ♥
    *Addicted to Agar.io Crew*
    OFFICIAL AGAR.IO THREAD -> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167453811