BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cybex Power Rack - is this setup correct?

I bought this power rack from GL and picked it up over the weekend. Its my first commercial power rack. Im coming from a really small weider rack so this is a nice upgrade. I know this has been discussed before but this thing is a tank. Im surprised that others have reported bent safeties (again those things are thick and heavy.) Luckily mine are nice and straight.

Heres my question...looking at this picture doesnt it appear to be "backwards." Shouldnt the holes going up the rack be nearest to where the weights are stored? It doesnt make sense to me to bring the bench in where the weights are stored considering there is a cross bar at the bottom.

The rack is 3 hours away from where I live so I cant go view it at the moment. Was wondering if anyone else had this rack before and had any thoughts.
    Attached Images

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    I bought this power rack from GL and picked it up over the weekend. Its my first commercial power rack. Im coming from a really small weider rack so this is a nice upgrade. I know this has been discussed before but this thing is a tank. Im surprised that others have reported bent safeties (again those things are thick and heavy.) Luckily mine are nice and straight.

Heres my question...looking at this picture doesnt it appear to be "backwards." Shouldnt the holes going up the rack be nearest to where the weights are stored? It doesnt make sense to me to bring the bench in where the weights are stored considering there is a cross bar at the bottom.

The rack is 3 hours away from where I live so I cant go view it at the moment. Was wondering if anyone else had this rack before and had any thoughts.
    Look at the picture a little more closely.....It looks at first like there are holes on the closest upright to the camera where the plates are stored, but in reality, the holes are on the front upright, in the corner that is farthest from the camera.

I've never seen this rack in person, but my understanding is that the safeties that come with the rack fit together like a toilet paper roll. I believe that this is why they often tend to bend. It shouldn't be too hard to have a pair of swing-in safeties fabricated.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) throwaway3441 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you look at the reflection in the mirror it looks like there are holes in center and back uprights, it's just that they don't go all the way through. I would imagine you could put the hooks on the center uprights and then it would be like every other rack with weight storage. If not the bottom crossmember is flat so it's probably not an issue.
    █════█ Rogue Barbell Club #12 █════█

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by throwaway3441 View Post
    If you look at the reflection in the mirror it looks like there are holes in center and back uprights, it's just that they don't go all the way through. I would imagine you could put the hooks on the center uprights and then it would be like every other rack with weight storage. If not the bottom crossmember is flat so it's probably not an issue.
    Good catch. Didnt even notice that in the mirror. Ill have to take a closer look at the hooks to see how they come apart so I can move them. Thanks for the help.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Where are the spotter arms?

That Cybex rack uses unique spotter arms with spring loaded pins on the end.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    The hooks should be moved to the center column and the whole rack should be turned 180 degrees to the wall with the mirror.

The hooks come apart with hex tools/ Allen keys.

qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) qaz123 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post

on the ground in the picture

a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000) a7stringkilla is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to have that rack, and wasnt too crazy about it. It had LOTS of lateral sway. So much so, that I had to build a bracket to fasten it to my wall. The build design is totally dumb in my opinion also. Youll see what I mean when you disassemble it for transport. The J-cups cant be taken off of the uprights to use on either front or back. There is a plate that has to either be taken off or kept off to be able to take it off, otherwise, it can only slide up or down. My safeties were bent also, and they didnt seem like a strong design. It is heavy though, and it is very big too. Once I got it mounted to the wall, it did just fine, but overall, the whole thing kinda seemed like a failed experiment. Sorry if I may have spoiled the new rack joy a bit, but that is my experience with that rack.
    EQUIPMENT CREW VATO #72

PUB BURGERS / IMMERSIVE HORROR / OLD SCHOOL THRASH

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post

You can only see 1 in the picture. Its laying on the floor. Both are in good shape and not bent luckily.

SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000) SmokinJoe87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My local YMCA has this rack. The J cups are on the center post as others have stated. That is one thing I hated about that rack though. The J cups slide up and down the upright and cannot be removed (quickly). If you look, there is a crossmember that connects the bottom of the center upright to the weight storage upright. This crossmember prevented the J cups from being able to be used in the bottom holes as they would run into this crossmember. The crossmember just so happened to be RIGHT at the level I needed the cups at for floor presses. I ended up using a few stretching mats they had to get myself elevated enough, but it wasn't ideal.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #72 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #87 ()---()

Originally Posted by a7stringkilla View Post
    I used to have that rack, and wasnt too crazy about it. It had LOTS of lateral sway. So much so, that I had to build a bracket to fasten it to my wall. The build design is totally dumb in my opinion also. Youll see what I mean when you disassemble it for transport. The J-cups cant be taken off of the uprights to use on either front or back. There is a plate that has to either be taken off or kept off to be able to take it off, otherwise, it can only slide up or down. My safeties were bent also, and they didnt seem like a strong design. It is heavy though, and it is very big too. Once I got it mounted to the wall, it did just fine, but overall, the whole thing kinda seemed like a failed experiment. Sorry if I may have spoiled the new rack joy a bit, but that is my experience with that rack.
    I did disassemble it already and yea...its really heavy. It was put together and I only jumped up on the pull up bars and moved around a little. I didnt notice any sway at all...front/back or side to side when pushing against it.

of course you can remove the j hooks

THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) THErunCMD has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by qaz123 View Post
    of course you can remove the j hooks
    Do you have this rack; did you take the time to read his post or the one from other people who have had actual experience with it?

There is a plate that has to either be taken off or kept off to be able to take it off, otherwise, it can only slide up or down.
    OP, I'm sure it's still a great rack and certainly a huge upgrade from your last one. Just things to keep in mind when planning and thinking about future rack purchases . We all do it.
    "Yea, though I farmer's walk through the valley of the shadow of deadlift, I will fear no repetition: for the power rack art with me; thy plate and thy barbell they comfort me."

()---() York Barbell Club #48 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #40 []---[]
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #6 [M]===[6]
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪

oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000) oldred is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BulkMore View Post
    ...looking at this picture doesnt it appear to be "backwards." Shouldnt the holes going up the rack be nearest to where the weights are stored? It doesnt make sense to me to bring the bench in where the weights are stored considering there is a cross bar at the bottom.
    It is set up 'backwards' from normal. I wonder if it's so the weights are more accessible to be used on other equipment. Or maybe so them that use the rack for curls can better see the mirror?

Anyways it looks to be a nice rack you've acquired.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #67 ()---()

Originally Posted by THErunCMD View Post
    Do you have this rack; did you take the time to read his post or the one from other people who have had actual experience with it
    Yes I have owned one of these racks before.

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have had this rack many times and while it is very nice and heavy as hell... its not a hot seller. Everyone has complaints about it and the safeties are always bent
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #58 []---[]

Originally Posted by STR8OUT View Post
    I have had this rack many times and while it is very nice and heavy as hell... its not a hot seller. Everyone has complaints about it and the safeties are always bent
    For $345 I dont think I could find a better rack...especially in my area. Its def not what you call a fancy rack with a lot of bells and whistles. Luckily the safeties are straight as an arrow. Whether they stay that way...thats a different story.

67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000) 67Vert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Does anyone know the size of the upright tubing? 2x3?
    hole size and spacing?
    There's one of these for sale in my area. I'm wondering if other brands of accessories could be used. I could drill some holes in the other side if needed.
    67Vert