pinkertonchris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question 20 Year old male looking to gain

Bodybuilders/Nutritionist/Everyone,

I'm a 20 year old male looking to gain about 20 pounds in a good amount of time.
    Current weight: 140lb. Current Height: 5'11
    I do eat a lot of chicken/salmon/veggies/sweet potatoes. I also have two protein shakes a day.
    Just looking for some suggestions from the experts out there for me to gain some weight. I've been the same weight for years now, I'm one of those "skinny" guys and I'm looking for a good change.
    Anything helps, thanks!!

Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You should post it in the nutrition section.
    Weight gain comes from a calorie surplus.

amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500) amenhotepv is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I went from 135 to 165 in about 6 months. My strategy is basically to eat until I'm full every meal and then drink a protein shake. Sometimes rushing to get my kid to daycare before work in the morning makes it hard to eat breakfast so I'll just drink 1 or 2 protein shakes for breakfast. The weight gain is going a little slower ever since I hit 165 so I'll probably throw in an extra protein shake per meal but just squatting and deadlifting alone has given me the appetite to eat more.
    powerlifting meet PRs at 175lbs:
    Squat 405
    Bench 325
    Deadlift 510

SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoySawss will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP I started out weighing 148 and got to 160 by training hard for 4-5mo. I am also 5'11" like yourself.

I attribute all of my gains to my diet, I currently focus on taking in 3050 cals/day with 1g of protein for each lb of body weight. I don't really track any other macros because I've found that when I focus on the proper protein intake everything else falls into place.

With respect to training -- I follow a basic 3 day push/pull split and train everything twice per week.
    -=EDM CREW=-
    ★★★ A State of Trance Crew ★★★
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ...............................R.I.P.................................
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........
    .................₪₪₪₪₪₪1989-2011₪₪₪₪₪₪.............
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ilgarx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    boost it to 1.5g of protein per pound
    Royal gains NYC-------- Search that up.