Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ultramg View Post
    Lol hope you didnt write this **** for me.
    I haven't been sick in 6 years though and im white masterrace rich, all i wanted to say.

Good times are here after your post
    Wrote it for everybody, brah

Originally Posted by thizzbrain View Post
    Op give me some advice srs im depressed as fukc and at the lowest point in my life.

On a positive note im Going to possibly join a krav maga gym but not sure.
    If this is the lowest point in your life, rejoice. There are a plethora of things you can do to change that. However, like I've said to everybody in this thread; you can't have highs without lows. Eventually, you have to experience a little bit of pain and suffering (sometimes a whole lot) in order to become better. This is because feeling pain allows you to create empathy; and that will allow you to become a kinder and more caring person.

What is it that's troubling you right now, brah? How can we help lift you up?

Joining a gym, and taking up a new hobby is awesome. That's one of the greatest ways to enrich your life, and can definitely help you move past what you're feeling. But there are dozens of things you can do. The more we know about you, the more advice we can give to help you out

But the best thing I can tell you... Literally the thing that you should burn into your mind... The one lesson that shaped the way I see the world is this;

No matter what, you can do it. Only you can quit, nobody can quit for you. Don't quit because it's hard, don't discourage yourself because it's hard. When things are hard, you get stronger--it makes you better. You are the master of your fate; the captain of your soul.

Ultimately;

Nobody can stop you but yourself!

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm reading Mike Tyson's autobiography right now and his surrogate father / guardian Cus D'Amato told him something very applicable to life and something that resonated with me since he talked about personal demons, something I believe we all face

This is what he told him after a controversial loss in which Mike was deeply upset. Cus said he had a great performance

We never hear any more about the guys that they knocked out... Know why, Mike? ’Cause at one point someone knocked them out

But these men you’re reading about, these champs, they never quit. They never got discouraged, you know? And that’s why these [other] guys—their demons will follow them forever, Mike. ’Cause they had a chance to face their demons and they didn’t

You have to face your demons, you hear me, Mike? ’Cause if you don’t, they’ll follow you into eternity. And you remember, Mike, be careful how you fight your fights—’cause the way you fight your fights, will be the way you’ll live your life.’ Then I never quit again.”
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by TypeNirvash View Post
    Wrote it for everybody, brah

If this is the lowest point in your life, rejoice. There are a plethora of things you can do to change that. However, like I've said to everybody in this thread; you can't have highs without lows. Eventually, you have to experience a little bit of pain and suffering (sometimes a whole lot) in order to become better. This is because feeling pain allows you to create empathy; and that will allow you to become a kinder and more caring person.

What is it that's troubling you right now, brah? How can we help lift you up?

Joining a gym, and taking up a new hobby is awesome. That's one of the greatest ways to enrich your life, and can definitely help you move past what you're feeling. But there are dozens of things you can do. The more we know about you, the more advice we can give to help you out

But the best thing I can tell you... Literally the thing that you should burn into your mind... The one lesson that shaped the way I see the world is this;

No matter what, you can do it. Only you can quit, nobody can quit for you. Don't quit because it's hard, don't discourage yourself because it's hard. When things are hard, you get stronger--it makes you better. You are the master of your fate; the captain of your soul.

Ultimately;

Nobody can stop you but yourself!
    Thanks. I have always been naturally depressed but now its getting worse, ever since I moved to this new city. Living in the rough side, everyone is a drug fiend, lots of diseases, cant find a job which is bugging me. Im trying my best but tbh i dont have most qualifications needed for most jobs. Once I find a job I can take krav and eventually move back home.
    I recently got rejected too, normally it wouldn't bother me but fukc it im mad as it seemed like a sure thing. Would have been fukcing awesome if it worked out but whatever.
    I drink too much because im bored. I keep saying ill quit I'll quit but once boredom and my depression sets in I go right to it. Im confident ill get over the alcohol someday though.

Its funny because my current situation feels worse than last years. Last year I got jumped, was homeless twice (not too long thank god), almost arrested, lost my job, best friend I grew up with vanished and probably some other chit i cant remember off top. My current situation feels worse. Idk why.

Dear diary lol

Oh and i was going to a regular gym for months, got stronger gained a bit of weight, now when i go I feel sick and depressed from the exercise. Basically the complete opposite of what a normal person should feel like from working out.

TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TypeNirvash has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    I'm reading Mike Tyson's autobiography right now and his surrogate father / guardian Cus D'Amato told him something very applicable to life and something that resonated with me since he talked about personal demons, something I believe we all face

This is what he told him after a controversial loss in which Mike was deeply upset. Cus said he had a great performance
    Cus was one of the greatest things that ever happened to Tyson. And honestly, a lot of what he said is gospel. This is a fantastic quote; do you mind if I put it up in the OP? I really like it.

Thanks. I have always been naturally depressed but now its getting worse, ever since I moved to this new city. Living in the rough side, everyone is a drug fiend, lots of diseases, cant find a job which is bugging me. Im trying my best but tbh i dont have most qualifications needed for most jobs. Once I find a job I can take krav and eventually move back home.
    I recently got rejected too, normally it wouldn't bother me but fukc it im mad as it seemed like a sure thing. Would have been fukcing awesome if it worked out but whatever.
    I drink too much because im bored. I keep saying ill quit I'll quit but once boredom and my depression sets in I go right to it. Im confident ill get over the alcohol someday though.

Its funny because my current situation feels worse than last years. Last year I got jumped, was homeless twice (not too long thank god), almost arrested, lost my job, best friend I grew up with vanished and probably some other chit i cant remember off top. My current situation feels worse. Idk why.

Dear diary lol

Oh and i was going to a regular gym for months, got stronger gained a bit of weight, now when i go I feel sick and depressed from the exercise. Basically the complete opposite of what a normal person should feel like from working out.
    Depression is a serious thing, friend. If you're feeling like it's getting worse, I wholeheartedly recommend that you speak to somebody. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and don't let anybody tell you otherwise. That being said, it sounds like your circumstances are definitely fueling your feelings.

You moved to a completely new place, and it sounds like you've entered a totally new stage of your life... And are a bit unprepared. Being unprepared for certain events can make them appear significantly worse than they are, mainly because you don't have the resources you might need to ease the burden. I'd advise staying away from people who want to involve you in drug use--that's a temporary solution, and will only divert you from the problem. The alcohol is another thing you want to drop immediately--if you can't, find a local AA or rehab. Sounds like you're reaching the birth of what could be an addiction. Gotta' stop while you're ahead, because it will only get harder to quit the more you rely on it to divert you from your problems.

When you're at a low, it's always going to feel bad, if not worse, than anything you've ever dealt with. Even looking back at harder times can seem painful. Right now, what you have to do is sort out some of the problems you're dealing with. Take it one day at a time, but don't give up with your job search. Find some ways to improve your resume, and your interview skills. That will be a huge boon to your future success. Spend some time doing research on that if possible. That should be priority number one.

Some things I look for when I interview people:
    1) Clear and concise verbal skills. Must express intelligence in their ability to put together sentences.
    2) Ability to dress well, and groom.
    3) Ability to look and act professional.
    4) Outward displays of confidence, and eye contact.

Just some basic things that might help. In addition to meeting niche requirements, you'll want to work on those four things. It sounds like once you start getting that part of your life in check, things will begin to start looking up. For now, keep on keeping on man. I know you can do this. But don't ever refuse to seek out help when you need it. We can't always bear the burden by ourselves, and sometimes seeking help is the best thing we can do. There's nothing wrong with that, and it doesn't make you any less of a do-er.

You got this chit, brah.

It just sounds like right now you have a bit of a messy room, and don't know where to begin cleaning. And that's totally okay, because that's exactly how our lives are like when they're messy. But once you begin grinding down on a specific part, everything will follow suit. Just have to start somewhere, man!

Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Amillion is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've been in this fight for so long, I'm getting back up but I'm not swinging back.

Originally Posted by Amillion View Post
    I've been in this fight for so long, I'm getting back up but I'm not swinging back.
    Why not!?

You made all the effort to get up, and pushed yourself off your feet. You've gotten knocked down dozens of times, but you've gotten back up just to stand there and take it? No way, brah. After all you've been through you need to swing for the hills.

Get up, and put your 110% into it. Swing hard. Don't give up. Get up like you mean it, you hear me?

GET UP LIKE YOU FUKKING MEAN IT.

If you want anything in life, you have to work for it. Don't half ass it. Don't get up just to take it. You have to fight to win. If you're not fighting, you can't win. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take and not swinging is only going to let life take back over you.

Fukking swing, brah!

Misc, what did you do today that makes tomorrow worth it!?

When you're down, ask yourself what you did to make tomorrow better. Ask yourself what you can do today to make tomorrow worth it. Tomorrow morning when you wake up, it's not magically going to be better. You gotta' do something to make that happen. You have to ask yourself if you're doing what you need to do to secure the future that you want.

Because the enemy of action is inaction. And if you're not doing anything, you're not making progress. Do something, anything, no matter how small, and it will be significantly better than doing nothing. You have to move! You have to take action now!

Every second you waste is a second you'll never get back. Forget about the time you've wasted--it doesn't mean anything anymore. It don't mean chit, unless you use it as the impetus for making yourself better. The only use it serves is to tell you that you have to do something right now.

Only you can change your life.

What will you do about it?

thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) thizzbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Thanks for the advice brah.

I want to go to college but I have no clue what to take. What I want to do or what's interesting to me. Now I realize you dont know me obviously but what would you suggest for someone who really legitimately has no idea what to take? Ive taken a million online tests to help give me an idea but nothing really interests me. Lol.
    Just wondering your opinion,

Thanks for the advice brah.

I want to go to college but I have no clue what to take. What I want to do or what's interesting to me. Now I realize you dont know me obviously but what would you suggest for someone who really legitimately has no idea what to take? Ive taken a million online tests to help give me an idea but nothing really interests me. Lol.
    Just wondering your opinion,
    That's a good question. It took me a while to figure out what I really wanted to do in life, too. It's not something I can simply tell you, instead it's something that you really have to find on your own. However, I'll let you know why I chose what I chose and the criteria I used.

1) Does it involve something I genuinely want to spend my time doing? Am I interested in it?
    2) Will I be able to devote all my time to this, even if I don't immediately make money doing it?
    3) Is it something that I could potentially make a living doing?

I think, without a doubt, you should go to college for something you're interested in doing. If you're not interested, you're only going to spend twice as much time learning and half as much time retaining. When you're engaged, you just learn more, and that's the truth. So it should be something you're interested in--something that makes all the hassle worth while.
    The second question is especially important, because you have to put a large amount of effort up front for everything you do in life before you can see a return on your investment. You may spend years studying before you're ready to find a career--and even then, it might take time before you actually get a job in that field. However, if it's something you feel is worth it, then you'll be willing to put forth all of your effort during this time and will eventually succeed.
    And finally, it should be something that you feel you can make a comfortable living off of. List your current expenses, including housing, transportation, utilities and food. Find the minimum number that you can get by on. The ideal salary for you should be 10% higher than this, if possible, to allow you to save. I say 10%, because likely, you're not going to make a crap ton of money starting off and you should be realistic. Anything higher than that 10% is a bonus, brah.

Hope it helps

I decided I wanted to be a physical therapist because I got really into fitness (I'll explain). At first, I wanted to get into nutrition, but I realized it wasn't quite where my passions aligned. When I broke my foot, I visited a doctor and he helped me recover. I realized that I wanted to get into a broader spectrum of medicine that allowed me to help people recover as well. It was something I was interested in, and something I could feel good doing. And it would be something I could make a living off of down the line.

sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sword_ has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah you can put Cus' quote in the OP.
    A hit was sent, from the President, to raid your residence /
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents /
    On how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent /
    Dominant Islamic, Asiatic Black Hebrew

- GZA "4th Chamber"

Originally Posted by sword_ View Post
    Yeah you can put Cus' quote in the OP.
    TFW it won't let me edit in. Damn you new BB.com layout!

anonymous
    I always eat too much, then feel bad about it. Real bad. :-(

Originally Posted by BurpeeMcFart View Post
    I always eat too much, then feel bad about it. Real bad. :-(
    It's okay brah, we all eat too much from time to time. Don't let it discourage you!

Bump for the early morning crew, in case anybody happens to need this today.

You have the opportunity to make your dreams a reality. Stop procrastinating, and take action. You reap what you sow, and if you're not planting any seeds, you can't enjoy the bountiful harvest during harvesting season. You sleep in the bed that you make, and one who leaves their bed messy will sleep in a messy bed. Your bank account only gives out what it gets, you won't achieve a 1K payout without a 1K pay-in.

Work hard today so that you can enjoy tomorrow.

You can't wake up expecting tomorrow to be better, if you're not doing anything to make tomorrow better. You have to take action, guys. Make today that day.

You can do it!

JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000) JayEs90 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    good post OP. I struggle with anxiety and depression myself and know how it is to feel down, helpless, worthless, like no one cares for you, I contemplated ending everything last November to about February/March time (not many people know this). mine comes and goes but at its height was when I got out a very chitty relationship a few months ago. I ended up self-destruction for months, drinking every night, hanging out with the white a lot, but for the past few weeks to month or so I have been good. I have a second job now and I'm trying to "build my empire", save money, focus on my goals and the gym, become the best version of me I can be. I still have times where I feel down but like I said lately it has been more good than bad. once again good job OP, I hope this thread helps some people
    Bills Mafia crew
    Angus Licker crew
    Xbox One gamer tag: SnackAttack90

Originally Posted by JayEs90 View Post
    good post OP. I struggle with anxiety and depression myself and know how it is to feel down, helpless, worthless, like no one cares for you, I contemplated ending everything last November to about February/March time (not many people know this). mine comes and goes but at its height was when I got out a very chitty relationship a few months ago. I ended up self-destruction for months, drinking every night, hanging out with the white a lot, but for the past few weeks to month or so I have been good. I have a second job now and I'm trying to "build my empire", save money, focus on my goals and the gym, become the best version of me I can be. I still have times where I feel down but like I said lately it has been more good than bad. once again good job OP, I hope this thread helps some people
    Thanks, man, really appreciate the kind words.

Proud to see that you're out there actively trying to better yourself. I can 100% promise you that things are going to start getting better because you're actively doing something to make that happen. Like I said above, you get out what you put in. It looks like you're doing a lot today so that you can enjoy tomorrow, keep at it.

The more you work, the better things will become. Build that empire, save money when possible, but don't forget to live in the moment whenever you can. Be the best you can be. I can't wait to see what that version of you is like, friend.

You got this, brah.

Keep pushin, keep hustling. That's how you make it, man. Self-improvement is the way toward a better life. Learning how to deal with the obstacles life throws at you will increase your ability to feel happy, and satisfied with life, man.

Stick around in this thread, brah. Let's succeed together

Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Komisch is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Solid post brah.

I've gone through a really chitty last several full years - divorce, fighting for custody of my kids, losing a big $$$ work contract...and (hopefully) ending with breaking up with my girlfriend of the last almost 2 years.

Biggest problem for me right now is the alone time, and staying focused on pushing through all of these things. That's the big change I need right now, is to be around more people and get social again. For a few weeks I'll lift, make gainz, and then I'll fall off for a few weeks, just not having the motivation to push through it alone.

I hope this thread lives and lives continuing to help those that need it, because everyone does at one time or another.
    Positivity crew

Originally Posted by Komisch View Post
    Solid post brah.

I've gone through a really chitty last several full years - divorce, fighting for custody of my kids, losing a big $$$ work contract...and (hopefully) ending with breaking up with my girlfriend of the last almost 2 years.

Biggest problem for me right now is the alone time, and staying focused on pushing through all of these things. That's the big change I need right now, is to be around more people and get social again. For a few weeks I'll lift, make gainz, and then I'll fall off for a few weeks, just not having the motivation to push through it alone.

I hope this thread lives and lives continuing to help those that need it, because everyone does at one time or another.
    Thanks brah

Sounds like you've been through a ringer. But it also sounds like a lot of things have happened that are making you a kinder and more caring person. This is going to help you become stronger and better in the long run. The alone time isn't a bad thing, brah. It gives you time to think and consider your life. Don't look at it in a negative light--I think what's happened is that you've lost your way and as a result your motivation has waned. Once you find that passion again, you'll feel incredibly about having all this time. Trust me!

You've got to find your passion again, brother I know you can do it!

Bump, because I know somebody out there needs it.

Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here is a little update about the CBT group I went to on the 29th.

Cliffs:

- Felt nervous as fck all day.
    - The bus I took was late by 8 minutes so I missed the second one. My heart was racing because I didn't want to be the last one in. I don't like the attention.
    - I arrived at the place and had second thoughts about going in. I wanted to gtfo out of there. My nerves almost won but I went in anyways.
    - I saw only 6 people in there including the 2 instructors. Felt very anxious at this point. I was handed a form then took a seat to fill it out. I felt out of sorts, my face felt hot, and my heart was still at an elevated rate.
    - A few minutes later one instructor said that we're going to do a little ice breaker. I was thinking oh fck, I'm going to stutter and embarrass myself like I always do.
    - So it was my turn..I had a little trouble starting off my sentence. A few repetitions of "myymyyyyyyyy naame is ____". After the first sentence in the introduction I didn't stutter too much, so I guess I can say the rest of the intro went smoothly.
    - The rest of the therapy session was going through what social anxiety is, how we think in situations, and about avoidance.
    - We were asked questions as a group about what they were saying (ie. if you can relate). You can either choose to say something or not. I responded to 2 questions and kept quiet for the majority of the session. I still felt very uncomfortable and didn't want to stutter.
    - At the end one of the instructors wanted to see me privately. I said sure and was wondering what I was about to be told.
    - So she wanted to see me because of a check box that was marked on the form I got when I first arrived. The question was something like this: "Do you think you would be better off dead, or think about hurting yourself (suicide)?" I marked the box that said I think about it every day.
    - She was concerned about it and asked if I was suicidal. I said that I only think I'd be better off dead, but I am not going to hurt myself or commit suicide.
    - She accepted my answer and asked me questions about other things.
    - Overall I left feeling a little better about myself, but there is a lot of work to be done.
    - This anxiety is going to be tough to beat. Stuttering + Anxiety is a match made in hell..

So there it is..my little update.

Originally Posted by Equinox117 View Post
    Here is a little update about the CBT group I went to on the 29th.

Cliffs:

- Felt nervous as fck all day.
    - The bus I took was late by 8 minutes so I missed the second one. My heart was racing because I didn't want to be the last one in. I don't like the attention.
    - I arrived at the place and had second thoughts about going in. I wanted to gtfo out of there. My nerves almost won but I went in anyways.
    - I saw only 6 people in there including the 2 instructors. Felt very anxious at this point. I was handed a form then took a seat to fill it out. I felt out of sorts, my face felt hot, and my heart was still at an elevated rate.
    - A few minutes later one instructor said that we're going to do a little ice breaker. I was thinking oh fck, I'm going to stutter and embarrass myself like I always do.
    - So it was my turn..I had a little trouble starting off my sentence. A few repetitions of "myymyyyyyyyy naame is ____". After the first sentence in the introduction I didn't stutter too much, so I guess I can say the rest of the intro went smoothly.
    - The rest of the therapy session was going through what social anxiety is, how we think in situations, and about avoidance.
    - We were asked questions as a group about what they were saying (ie. if you can relate). You can either choose to say something or not. I responded to 2 questions and kept quiet for the majority of the session. I still felt very uncomfortable and didn't want to stutter.
    - At the end one of the instructors wanted to see me privately. I said sure and was wondering what I was about to be told.
    - So she wanted to see me because of a check box that was marked on the form I got when I first arrived. The question was something like this: "Do you think you would be better off dead, or think about hurting yourself (suicide)?" I marked the box that said I think about it every day.
    - She was concerned about it and asked if I was suicidal. I said that I only think I'd be better off dead, but I am not going to hurt myself or commit suicide.
    - She accepted my answer and asked me questions about other things.
    - Overall I left feeling a little better about myself, but there is a lot of work to be done.
    - This anxiety is going to be tough to beat. Stuttering + Anxiety is a match made in hell..

So there it is..my little update.
    I think this is the first of many steps on the path of making a positive change. You went in there, even though your anxiety was flaring, and you did your best.

That's a HUGE accomplishment.

I've always believe that being brave is not about having no fear. Being brave is doing something even though you're afraid to do it. Being brave is exactly what you did today, and you were rewarded for it. This is a great step in the right direction for you, brah.

Keep us posted, my friend. Pulling for you to succeed

WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhoWasFeel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here is some advice. Grow some ****ing balls. And be 6'4

Originally Posted by WhoWasFeel View Post
    Here is some advice. Grow some ****ing balls. And be 6'4
    Not sure if attempting to be genuine or attempting to troll. To some extent, you have to bite down and chew, yes.

Doesn't make you any less of a person if you experience momentary difficulty or hardship, though.

rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000)
    i am scared of everything , and what blows my mind is that i'm even scared of myself . that scares me the most

i had panic attacks when i thought about who I was , I did not have a specefic answer and I started freaking out . This happend when I was 19 .

I'm 23 now and I still feel the same only now I don't have panic attacks anymore . Before I freaked out everything was ' normal ' . I had alot of aniety but I felt much better in my skin and felt way more comfortable .

I'v also had alot of OCD intrusive thoughts that made it feel like that was the nail in my coffin and now i'm just constantly in a bad mood. I've got PURE ocd at times aswell which make me want to stab my head

my stomach is upset all the time too for the last year and a half

hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hairydinkbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    in on ops 2nd motivational thread of the hour.

Good job opie, the misc needs the positivity

rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000) rafkalf is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wish there was a pill to remove all my thoughts

Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hyruliangoat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I encourage everyone to read this book srs

http://www.amazon.com/Mans-Search-Me.../dp/080701429X
    Instagram: hyruliangoat_

BEST LOOKING MISCER
    CUTEST POSTER OF ALL TIME
    PEOPLE ASK FOR MY AUTOGRAPH AND PICTURE EVERYDAY CREW

krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10) krob8788 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks so much OP.
    Current/Goal

B:245/275
    DL:350/405
    S:280/315

Originally Posted by rafkalf View Post
    i am scared of everything , and what blows my mind is that i'm even scared of myself . that scares me the most

i had panic attacks when i thought about who I was , I did not have a specefic answer and I started freaking out . This happend when I was 19 .

I'm 23 now and I still feel the same only now I don't have panic attacks anymore . Before I freaked out everything was ' normal ' . I had alot of aniety but I felt much better in my skin and felt way more comfortable .

I'v also had alot of OCD intrusive thoughts that made it feel like that was the nail in my coffin and now i'm just constantly in a bad mood. I've got PURE ocd at times aswell which make me want to stab my head

my stomach is upset all the time too for the last year and a half
    If you really have OCD it would be a good idea to seek out some help for it. As you can see, it's more than encouraged in this thread. It's important to know that there are some things in life that we might need a helping hand with!

However, it's up to you to decide how you internalize your inner thoughts, and what you become as a result... As a matter of fact, I think Hyrulian's book suggestion might be saying something very similar to what I am attempting to say here.

There's a reason why you experience the thoughts that you do, and a reason why you feel the way that you do. You have to search for it internally, however, that information will help you in dealing with it greatly. For example;

When I was about 20 or so, I used to feel uncomfortable in social situations. I used to always think that people thought I was annoying. Even if they didn't directly tell me it. This was a direct result of the fact that I used to talk a lot as a kid and didn't fit in because I moved around a lot up until Junior year of high school so I didn't really have a group of friends that remained with me through life. All I had to go on, really, was a few people who told me I was annoying and that stuck with me for a good portion of my life.

Somewhere along the way, I realized that was the reason I felt uncomfortable in social situations. And I realized that I'm not the same child anymore, I've grown up and have become significantly more mature. If somebody thinks I'm annoying, they wouldn't be talking to me. Further, it's no sweat off my back if somebody is bothered by me. I am who I am, and I'm happy with the person I've become.

Long story short;
    Learn how to be comfortable in your own skin by figuring out what it is that cause your defense mechanisms to flare. Understand that you do everything for a reason, and knowing why you do things is incredibly powerful in learning how to move past them.

Originally Posted by hairydinkbrah View Post
    in on ops 2nd motivational thread of the hour.

Good job opie, the misc needs the positivity
    This was the first thread It happened earlier this week, the other thread was the second one

Originally Posted by rafkalf View Post
    I wish there was a pill to remove all my thoughts
    The thoughts you harbor are the reason why you become who you are. It's up to you to decide what those thoughts make you. It's up to you to internalize those thoughts in a positive way, no matter how negative they seem.

Originally Posted by Hyruliangoat View Post
    I encourage everyone to read this book srs

http://www.amazon.com/Mans-Search-Me.../dp/080701429X
    This looks very interesting. Always love when people have book recommendations, and reading the reviews was particularly enlightening.

Several years ago a friend had an operation for a cancerous growth behind his eye yet today is well and tells of the importance of the right mental attitude when facing adversity. Another friend faces a similar experience but appears to be in the process of succumbing in ignorance of the importance of mental attitude. Seeking guidance as to what I might do to help, I turned to this book.
    After recounting the horrors of everyday life in a work camp - the initial selection process in which 90% were sent to the gas chambers while 10% were kept to extract the last ounce of work as slaves for construction firms; the Capos selected from the most brutal who had lost all scruples in order to save their life; how everything was subservient to keeping oneself and one's closest friends alive - Viktor Frankl tells of the psychological problems they met.
    The most important seems to be the hope of release as shown by the very high death rate in his camp in the week between Christmas 1944 and new year 1945 which had no explanation in food, treatment, weather, disease or working conditions; it was that the majority had lived in the naïve hope that they would be home again by Christmas. In the absence of encouraging news, the prisoners lost courage; disappointment overcame them and their powers of resistance dropped. Frankl noticed that it was the men who comforted others, who gave away their last piece of bread who survived longest and who offered proof that everything can be taken but one thing - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances.
    In the camp every decision determined whether or not you would submit to loss of inner freedom. The sort of person the prisoner became was the result of an inner decision and not of camp influences alone. It is this spiritual freedom which cannot be taken away which makes life meaningful and purposeful. Only those who allowed their inner hold on their moral and spiritual selves to subside eventually fell victim to the camp's degenerating influences. Most inmates believed that the real opportunities of life had passed. In reality, however, one could make a victory of those experiences, turning them into an inner triumph.
    Frankl saw himself giving a lecture on the psychology of the concentration camp, living Spinoza's observation that "Emotion, which is suffering, ceases to be suffering as soon as we form a clear and precise picture of it." Armed with the insight that any attempt to restore man's inner strength had first to succeed in showing him some future goal he tried to help would-be suicides to realize that life was still expecting something from them - a loving son awaiting his return, an unfinished work to complete. When the impossibility of replacing you is realized it is impossible to throw your life away. When you know the why of your existence you will be able to bear almost any how.
    Frankl had to learn and then teach that it really did not matter what we expect from life but rather what life expects from us. The answer lies in right action and in right conduct; life ultimately means taking responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill tasks that it constantly sets for each individual. These tasks, and therefore the meaning of life, differ from man to man and from moment to moment, making it impossible to define in general terms or in sweeping statements. No man and no destiny can be compared to any other man or destiny. It may require a man to shape his own fate, contemplate or accept his fate. There is only one right answer to the situation at hand.
    When a man finds that it is his destiny to suffer, he will have to accept his suffering as his single, unique task. His unique opportunity lies in the way he bears his burden. Once the meaning of suffering has been revealed, suffering has hidden opportunities for achievement. When he had the opportunity to address a group of prisoners his purpose was to help each man to find a full meaning to their life in that practically hopeless situation by pointing out the joys each had experienced in the past and that no one had suffered irreplaceable losses. Whoever was still alive had reason for hope; health, family, happiness, professional abilities, fortune, position in society, could all be restored. Life never ceases to have meaning and this infinite meaning includes suffering and dying, privation and death. God or someone alive or dead would hope to find them suffering proudly.
    After the war, Frankl introduced Logotherapy, which focuses on the meanings of life to be fulfilled by the patient in the future. The patient is confronted with the meaning of his life. The meaning of human existence as well as man's search for such a meaning is unique and specific and can be fulfilled by him alone. He is able to live and even to die for the sake of his ideals and values. The more that you forget yourself by giving to a cause or serving in love, the more you actualize yourself. We can discover meaning in three ways - creating a work or doing a deed; by experiencing something or encountering someone; and by the attitude we take to unavoidable suffering.
    When we are no longer able to change a situation such as inoperable cancer we have to change our attitude. He asks his patients to project themselves forward to their deathbed and look back on the meaningful things in their lives. Man does not simply exist but always decides what his existence will be; he has control over what he will become in the next moment.
    This book has certainly provided much food for thought!
    I've got a shopping list for books this week, it seems!

Originally Posted by krob8788 View Post
    Thanks so much OP.
    Any time brah Always here for my fellow Miscers.

Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Equinox117 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I had really bad day today brahs.

My mother's side of the family came over today and usually I just go off to the library or something to avoid social interaction. But today, I thought that maybe I should try to talk more, so I stayed home. I had to talk quite a bit and it wasn't a pleasant experience for me. My speech was horrible today. Stuttered a lot in every conversation I had. After they left I went to the mall with a few friends. They don't give a sht about my stuttering but I do. It just makes me feel weak and inadequate. The feeling of having no control over my voice makes me rage. I'm also getting tired of seeing smiles from people turn into a concerned or confused look when I speak. I don't blame them because stuttering is a hidden disability. I look completely normal until I speak and that catches almost everyone I talk to off guard. It isn't only the embarrassment that tortures me mentally, but also the difficulty speaking.

Sorry brahs..this was kinda a downer post. I know there will be up days and down days. Today unfortunately as you guessed was a pretty down day.

Being positive is so fcking difficult. Got a lot of work to do. Hoping my mood changes tomorrow.
    Last edited by Equinox117; 10-02-2015 at 09:33 PM.