Closed Thread
    itsanvincent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Genuine Help Appreciated - Beginner w/Genetic Disorder

Hey guys, I'm 19 and have a mild form of Osteogenesis Imperfecta (Brittle bone disease). I'm about 178cm tall weighing in at just over 56kg.

I guess what I'm looking for is some advice regarding how I should go about building some basic muscle mass without jeopardizing my health or risking injury to my rather weak joints. As the name of the disorder suggests, I have really small/thin bones so my natural body frame is quite slim/long to begin with. In addition, I have a very fast metabolism and it seems like I may have a difficult time putting on weight (although I've never officially measured my daily calorie intakes, used supplements or any the sort). Basically, I'm quite thin and aspire to put some kind of weight on to look relatively speaking "normal" or "healthy" so to speak. However, I've always been told by doctors to avoid excessive excerise and especially very stressing/high impact sports or exercises.

Maybe something about calorie intake; supplements that I should look into or perhaps avoid altogether; the type of exercises I should be doing with least risk of injury etc.

Any helpful insight would be greatly appreciated! I really would like to take more initiative in taking care of my body.
    Last edited by itsanvincent; 09-25-2015 at 05:05 AM.

PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) PharmDraxe is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Due to the requirement of needing a fairly advanced comprehension of nutritional genomics, I would take any responses like a grain of salt. You should probably talk to your physician about wanting to exercise and they can better assist you in utilizing harm reduction methods.
    Ever had a day a snow cone couldn't fix?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    This is a topic to be taken up with your doc, OP. A bodybuilding forum isn't the proper venue for such advices.

GL
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733