Thread: the struggle

shiko90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

the struggle

Hi all,
    I'm sorry, it's a long story so just bare with me

I have always been struggling with my weight, but at the same time, i was a really active person, played basketball, soccer and tennis most of my days as a kid, sports were a big part of who i am, i was never the "athletic" body type, but i was okay. Nevertheless if i ever stopped sports i would gain tons of weight, which eventually happened at high school and i dropped all sport activities and started smoking

I reached my peek at collage, i was 380 LBs, 18 year old kid that smokes! I had trouble taking the stairs, walking... i was basically out of breath when doing any physical activity that lasts more than 10 mins

After i graduated collage, i got accepted for a masters degree in France, waiting to go there, I had about 4 months of a break, and i decided that it was time to get back on track. I quit smoking and started dieting, i was not doing any weight training, but i played basketball three to four times a week.

I started seeing amazing results, the problem was that my diet was too intense, but i was motivated, i kept on going... by the end of these four months i had lost 80 pounds!!!!

When i went to France, i dropped the ball, but i still kept losing weight since i kept doing basketball, to the point where i reached 220 Pounds.

Then i came back home ( Home is Egypt btw ) started working, went back to smoking and gained 100 pounds in 2 years.

I have decided that this cannot happen again, so i got a gym membership, started working out again, TRYING to diet but without any consistency.

Now to the big problem, due to my job, i travel around a LOT, i visit a lot of new countries, new places, and the travel rate is like 2 weeks a month, which made this weight loss almost impossible, the minute i get everything on track, i travel again and i restart from the beginning, usually i go to the hotel gym, but when it comes to eating habits, it's never good. I don't have what we call MEALs, sometimes i eat just once at night, sometimes i eat three meals...even some days i don't eat at all, sometime this one meal is worth 5 meals in calories.

I desperately need advice for consistency to make sure i can stay on track, as well as keep the motivation going!! I have had too many ups and downs and i don't know how to control it

Here are my stats now : 6'0 Ft, 282LBs, 37% Body fat

Thank you
    Last edited by shiko90; 09-20-2015 at 01:49 AM.