Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Barn01 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BartPimpson View Post
    ^ It makes sense for, say, Levrone to tease comebacks and not deliver. But Kai Greene?

That's like Mayweather failing to show up for his $100 million fight because it builds controversy and is good marketing.
    Originally Posted by mikieson View Post
    actually we arent "deserved" any answers. Its not our business. Its between whomever was involved. we are not "entitled" to things like many younger people think..IF and when the whole story is told,we'll know then.
    Best 2 posts ITT^^

If anyone thinks Kai did this for marketing you can't be good at math. Kai basically just gave up $150K ... I seriously doubt being absent from the Olympia and the expo makes up for that loss.

The whole "Kia didn't want to pay for a booth" thing is just dumb and that's not it. He had a chance to launch his line and the booth likely would have paid for it's self. If not then he would have had plenty of pay from his payday!

As for the deserving thing. Who the F'k do you think you are? Kai doesn't owe you or anyone of the paying public a DAMN thing! His name wasn't on the lineup, he wasn't in any pro material. The only person that's dumb enough to pay with out confirmation is the person that gave up the money. The IFBB doesn't owe anybody an apology and neither does Kai so get over yourself, you're not that important!
    Last edited by Barn01; 09-21-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    My $0.02 is worth $0.03

Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Est is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Hovsepian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by goddessamazon View Post
    I have a sincere question to all Kai fans. Why do you like him so much? Why are you a fan of his?

Is it because he's the underdog?
    Is it because he promotes "If the mind believes, the body can achieve" mantra?
    Is it because he's started from nothing as a orphan in the ghetto to a mega BBer star?

What?

I just don't understand the huge following. Out of all the top tier BBers, Kai is the one with the most drama and the most baggage. Yet he has a huge following. I just want to understand why? I sincerely want to understand what you all see in him and why do you support him so much?
    1 and 3

Plus I really don't like Phil Heath...
    ***whey protein powder*** >>> http://PRO-X.org

Striving for Massthetics Dystopia1980's Avatar
    Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dystopia1980 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You see, what's important isn't whether or not Kai signed the contract.
    What's important is the process and thought behind his decision to not sign that contract.
    Each person controls his own destiny, as Kai controls his. Thoughts become actions which become results, or lack thereof.
    We must contemplate each action and decision as being part of the whole, only then can we begin to understand the meaning of these decisions.
    Is any of this making sense?
    *Korean Crew*
    *Melo-Death/Death/Folk/Black/Tech/Groovecore/Metalcore/Nu-Metal/Metal Crew*
    *Psytrance/Trance/Breaks/Hardstyle/DnB/Electro/House Crew*
    *Underground Hip-Hop Crew*
    *Artistically Talented Crew*
    *Graphic Designer/Illustrator Crew*

500 Internal Server Error jujuB's Avatar
    jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have a sincere question to all Kai fans. Why do you like him so much? Why are you a fan of his?

Is it because he's the underdog?
    Is it because he promotes "If the mind believes, the body can achieve" mantra?
    Is it because he's started from nothing as a orphan in the ghetto to a mega BBer star?

What?

I just don't understand the huge following. Out of all the top tier BBers, Kai is the one with the most drama and the most baggage. Yet he has a huge following. I just want to understand why? I sincerely want to understand what you all see in him and why do you support him so much?
    i've met kai before. he's genuinely the most down to earth professional IFBBer that i've ever met. its the same day i met phil and jay culter, who were both very awkward when i congratulated them on their placings for the previous year olympia. the rag to riches is also another story that you can't forget about. he's never changed after all the money and fame, and that's something i respect.
    he doesn't really have any drama, he's got one job and he does it well. its everyone else that brings it to him. 2014 olympia is the year where i was actually surprised at how he acted towards phil. then again, he was way above the line, can't blame him.

all these speculation posts and videos are pointless and stupid. when it comes down to it, only him and his team will know what actually happened.

lol'd when phil was announced the winner.......... and all you hear were boo's.

let's not forget second place winner dex, who is probably the most consistent guy, ever.
    RIP mainsqueeze530 1991-2013

Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nuki is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I only became a fan of Kai after 2012 in terms of his physique and how he conducted himself at the show and subsequently... Which is mainly why I grew to dislike Heath. Really though I see some of the reasons Phil wins but I don't agree with the straight firsts in scores being awarded to him.

nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nvliftin2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I flew all the way from Australia to Las Vegas for the Olympia and mainly to see Steve Cook and Kai Greene Compete. Steve Cook gave his decision but I feel we need to know and have a right to an answer for this whole Kai saga. Anyone who says this is 'no big deal' the whole weekend felt very gloomy and a lot of the olympians I spoke to (because I stayed at the Orleans) said its not always as straight forward and they all believed kai was going to compete and was looking unreal and very strange for him to just pull out.
    In the pursuit of some sort of aesthetics.

former 6'2 130lber MaximusPlatypus's Avatar
    MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by strmcsr View Post
    Absolutely agree with this... No one deserves anything from anybody. Nothing in this life is guaranteed. Like going to Disneyland and your favorite ride is closed. Who cares??? All this aside, if Kai even simply decided to make the decision to 'no show', he would still owe nothing to anyone. It is nobody's business except who is directly involved.

Yeah, you were excited to see the Kai Phil Rami Wolf show, but hey, admit that 'it sucks' and move on!
    For the people saying Kai doesn't owe anybody anything, you're missing the point.

Kai has people who are super fans of his. They follow his every move, they buy his product, they follow him on social media, they support him with their time and their money. A lot of these people paid big $ to fly out and see him at the Olympia.

Does this mean Kai 'owes' them an explanation? No, he can do what he wants... but the reality is, if he doesn't give any explanation, he risks losing fans who feel mistreated.. and they have every right to feel that way too.

goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by jujuB View Post
    he doesn't really have any drama,
    No my friend. Kai is a walking soap opera. Let's exclude the Gay 4 Pay videos because that's old news, but here's the timeline of Kai's drama series.

Begged and courted Dayana Cadeau to be his girlfriend only to leave her a week after she tattooed his name on her inner thigh. Mind you, she's a dumbazz for tattooing his name on her body but she had to find out that he broke up with her through a RX Muscle interview. He didn't respect her enough to send her a "it's over between us" text. LOL!!

Kai left his long time trainer and best friend Oscar Ardon for Charles Glass (that was a mess)

Leaves Charles Glass for George Farah (yawn)

Rumored to have injured himself in a treadmill incident which may lead him to drop out of the 2014 Mr. Olympia.

Signing/autographing fan memorabilia for the past two years as "Mr O".

Not signing the contract after asking for an extension for 2015 Olympia competition. Stated on a video that he is banned from even entering the Olympia facilities as a spectator which was a lie.

and that's just the shyt I know about.

For the record, I'm not a Phil fan, I'm a Wolf gurl but for the life of me I just couldn't understand why Kai fans like/love him so much. I really appreciate the feedback because it's giving me an understanding.

Thanks.
    Last edited by goddessamazon; 09-21-2015 at 06:14 PM.
    "I will persist until I succeed!" - Og Mandino

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000) Unbiasedfan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No my friend. Kai is a walking soap opera. Let's exclude the Gay 4 Pay videos because that's old news, but here's the timeline of Kai's drama series.

[b]Begged and courted Dayana Cadeau to be his girlfriend only to leave her a week after she tattooed his name on her inner thigh. Mind you, she's a dumbazz for tattooing his name on her body but she had to find out that he broke up with her through a RX Muscle interview. He didn't respect her enough to send her a "it's over between us" text. LOL!!
    If my girlfriend tattooed my name on her i would leave her too. Not up for crazies
    "Kai's traps outsize him, when you compare them to the rest of his body, he's very very thick there, it makes him unbalanced." - Lee Thompson

goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) goddessamazon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Unbiasedfan View Post
    If my girlfriend tattooed my name on her i would leave her too. Not up for crazies
    Trust me, I'm not defending her. I lost all respect for Dayana when she did that. But I also lost respect for Kai for not ending it with her personally. He could have called her, sent her a text or better yet...............tell it to her face that it's over. Why announce it during a radio interview?

She and the rest of us found out together that he left her. It's funny but it's a shiitty thing to do in my opinion.
    "I will persist until I succeed!" - Og Mandino

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jujuB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Begged and courted Dayana Cadeau to be his girlfriend only to leave her a week after she tattooed his name on her inner thigh. Mind you, she's a dumbazz for tattooing his name on her body but she had to find out that he broke up with her through a RX Muscle interview. He didn't respect her enough to send her a "it's over between us" text. LOL!!

Kai left his long time trainer and best friend Oscar Ardon for Charles Glass (that was a mess)

Rumored to have injured himself in a treadmill incident which may lead him to drop out of the 2014 Mr. Olympia.

Not signing the contract after asking for an extension for 2015 Olympia competition. Stated on a video that he is banned from even entering the Olympia facilities as a spectator which was a lie.

For the record, I'm not a Phil fan, I'm a Wolf gurl but for the life of me I just couldn't understand why Kai fans like/love him so much. I really appreciate the feedback because it's giving me an understanding.

Thanks.
    none of those sound any serious to be honest.... lol
    g4p, gf, and moving on with new friends are all personal issues.
    i thought that you were meaning drama and directly effects other IFBBers, that would be a different story.

Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    none of those sound any serious to be honest.... lol
    g4p, gf, and moving on with new friends are all personal issues.
    i thought that you were meaning drama and directly effects other IFBBers, that would be a different story.
    I am sure she meant as in she doesnt understand the full craziness as in kai is this angel and dont forget there are people out there that blame this on Phil etc.. For me, who was rooting for Kai at last year's Olympia, I was very turned off by his antics at the press conference and later on stage acting so immature.

As for his philosophical ramblings, well they always came out as ramblings and I always thought he was a better poser half a decade ago but those are just my personal feelings.

-
    As for what I like about him, I love how he was an orphan and alone, through hard work he became an elite bodybuilder, an artist, a great poser, an AC winner and maybe even an uncrowned Olympia champ. However, as much as I hate IFBB, their judging and politics/favoritism, it seems to me that this time Kai might have made couple mistakes either with his previous sponsor Musclemeds or directly with the NPC Dynamik/Bb.com relationship

Then again, maybe the truth will come out and something entirely different. Its just a shame that we didnt see him compete. I dont think even at 100% he would have won but it would have made it everything much more interesting
    Grainy hardcore religious slabs of thick dense muscle. So grainy that it hurts your eyes

endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) endurancell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Gorky88 View Post
    I am sure she meant as in she doesnt understand the full craziness as in kai is this angel and dont forget there are people out there that blame this on Phil etc.. For me, who was rooting for Kai at last year's Olympia, I was very turned off by his antics at the press conference and later on stage acting so immature.
    Imo, everything Kai did/said at the press conference and on stage last year can be totally justified. He could have handled the situation different on stage instead of getting in phils face, but i think he went over the top just to create some excitement
    Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear; The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.

"He seems to be holding a slight film of glycogen.. his pizza levels could be 1 or 2 lower as well"

RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RoroCwalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by endurancell View Post
    Imo, everything Kai did/said at the press conference and on stage last year can be totally justified. He could have handled the situation different on stage instead of getting in phils face, but i think he went over the top just to create some excitement
    What he said at the press conference is justified.

The whole "Kai disrespected Phil's father" thing is a willful misinterpretation to vilify Kai.

In fact, the whole thing can be turned around to vilify Phil.

Just as some people will probably use the "It's hard to overcome dying." comment from Bob and willfully be misinterpreted to vilify him, by saying that he was talking about Victor's sister.

I despised everything at the conference and on stage, but that doesn't make it any less justified, nor does it push me to misinterpret what happened.

Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Gorky88 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think he could have worded differently his entire demeanor I wasnt a fan of. Do I think that Phil comes out arrogant and phony? Yes. I was one of the first ones to say that with his wife and dad situation. I hate how he treats people on social media and we saw examples of it too since especially his first win. He is kind of like Floyd Mayweather like he demands respect asks for it instead of his physique or his work doing it for him.

I just think that Kai's camp or whatever that sh.t is called told him to be more aggressive after people said he was too laid back in the years prior and he took it too seriously in 2014 and acted so weird all weekend (not like him) took aggressive to extremes and didnt look good on him. Stage part was a huge mistake on his part but didnt change the fact that he had fan support and was declared once again the people's chamo
    Grainy hardcore religious slabs of thick dense muscle. So grainy that it hurts your eyes

boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) boxer1234 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by BartPimpson View Post
    We don't know the full story, and Kai can't talk about it for legal reasons, but here's some conjecture:

This likely has something to do with Dynamik. Wasn't there a kerfuffle about load-in fees for the convention or whatever? My suspicion is that Kai tried a power play against the IFBB, using his unsigned contract as leverage. "Either you do things my way, or you lose your second most popular athlete, n'yah n'yah!"

If this is true, it obviously backfired on him. It seems clear to me that he was dieting and prepping for the show, so he must have assumed that the IFBB would back down rather than risk losing him. Well, they didn't.
    This.

Basically Kai has become a diva as of late.

The guy was trying to get his own booth/sponsor for his supplement line from the IFBB, using his 2nd place status and crowd draw as bargaining power.
    He also asked a ridiculous amount of 1 million from musclemeds when his contract was about to expire, and basically called himself 'Mr O' for 2 years straight.

Kai 'Grapefruit Diva' Greene

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by RoroCwalker View Post
    The whole "Kai disrespected Phil's father" thing is a willful misinterpretation to vilify Kai.
    Anyone else find it a bit odd that when Heath won last year he dedicated it to his father who had passed away, then when he won this year he thanked his mom and dad and mentioned that they were in attendance?
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

former 6'2 130lber MaximusPlatypus's Avatar
    MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000) MaximusPlatypus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kiwi_ View Post
    Anyone else find it a bit odd that when Heath won last year he dedicated it to his father who had passed away, then when he won this year he thanked his mom and dad and mentioned that they were in attendance?
    I'm guessing either his stepfather died, or he was thanking his stepfather this year. If you're really close to a stepfather, it can feel disrespectful to call him anything other than dad.

I would like to know the actual truth here though lol... if I'm wrong, did his dad come back to life?

Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Kiwi_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah i'm not too sure what the story is. He talked about how his parents had provided for him his entire life, so I guess this step father must have been in the picture the whole time.
    It is with people like you that this sport will never grow. "When you say, everything and anything to be pro, do you mean even to turn HOMO?...

- Serge Nubret

patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) patbanya has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah i'm not too sure what the story is. He talked about how his parents had provided for him his entire life, so I guess this step father must have been in the picture the whole time.
    His biological father passed away last year. This year, he was thanking his stepfather, and biological mother.
    Lifetime natural bodybuilder, and certified nutritionist.
    youtube.com/watch?v=bCHbsUEiyjU

Cheers Pat.

- Serge Nubret

ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000) ROMMYromboid is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This post represents attention to detail, not sure what you do in real life but I would suggest you work for the newzealand tax department.

Originally Posted by MaximusPlatypus View Post
    I'm guessing either his stepfather died, or he was thanking his stepfather this year. If you're really close to a stepfather, it can feel disrespectful to call him anything other than dad.

I would like to know the actual truth here though lol... if I'm wrong, did his dad come back to life?
    I remember a poster called Supercows who beleived Heath was half white. This would explain things.

Originally Posted by patbanya View Post
    His biological father passed away last year. This year, he was thanking his stepfather, and biological mother.
    Noted.
    TEAM WOLF + TEAM KAI +TEAM CEDRIC + TEAM ROMGLE - TEAM RAMY - TEAM FAIR JUDGING
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    20 Years of bodybuilding knowledge, it does n't come easy 'FullROM 2012'
    Always train with a FullROM - Do not brag about how much weight you can lift if you do not use a FullROM - 'FullROM 2012'
    TEAM LEVRONE

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Barn01 View Post
    Best 2 posts ITT^^

If anyone thinks Kai did this for marketing you can't be good at math. Kai basically just gave up $150K ... I seriously doubt being absent from the Olympia and the expo makes up for that loss.

The whole "Kia didn't want to pay for a booth" thing is just dumb and that's not it. He had a chance to launch his line and the booth likely would have paid for it's self. If not then he would have had plenty of pay from his payday!

As for the deserving thing. Who the F'k do you think you are? Kai doesn't owe you or anyone of the paying public a DAMN thing! His name wasn't on the lineup, he wasn't in any pro material. The only person that's dumb enough to pay with out confirmation is the person that gave up the money. The IFBB doesn't owe anybody an apology and neither does Kai so get over yourself, you're not that important!
    Well stated.
    Kai may be an example of how to shot yourself in the foot.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i've met kai before. he's genuinely the most down to earth professional IFBBer that i've ever met. its the same day i met phil and jay culter, who were both very awkward when i congratulated them on their placings for the previous year olympia. the rag to riches is also another story that you can't forget about. he's never changed after all the money and fame, and that's something i respect.
    he doesn't really have any drama, he's got one job and he does it well. its everyone else that brings it to him. 2014 olympia is the year where i was actually surprised at how he acted towards phil. then again, he was way above the line, can't blame him.

all these speculation posts and videos are pointless and stupid. when it comes down to it, only him and his team will know what actually happened.

lol'd when phil was announced the winner.......... and all you hear were boo's.

let's not forget second place winner dex, who is probably the most consistent guy, ever.
    No drama. Kai has created more drama in the history of the Mr. Olympia.
    I respect his work ethic, but Kai's philological comments about the obvious are foolish attempts to sound brilliance.

Originally Posted by patbanya View Post
    Great physique. You have the gift too.

BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BetaThanU is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thanks.

That's his personal life ****. If you don't like his drama don't snoop on him.
    -Guitar Shredders Crew-
    -BRZ club-

EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EthanHun has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He was scared of losing to the god Phil Heath for another consecutive year.
    ~ ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE ~

Journey to 405+ bench and beyond! - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176215051
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAmJ5mQ0uD8&t=1s

^^ Completed 1/5/22

Where do all these guys come from every september only to leave again by october? it really is so strange haha

i was actually surprised with how he acted. everyone is just to use to the calm and gentle kai, when someone actually strikes a cord, everyone is just like woah.

Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    No drama. Kai has created more drama in the history of the Mr. Olympia.
    I respect his work ethic, but Kai's philological comments about the obvious are foolish attempts to sound brilliance.
    i mean... anything else you want to throw out?

other than all the personal problems that was already listed in the thread.